Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

@Elb, it was a really poor play to initiate your ability so soon. That is why I am reevaluation my read on Delenn right now. If I find them to be a strong Town read, I will likely be voting you off for the weaker town to be eliminated, if for nothing else, Delenn could be PR and they have not used their ability yet. If it was just Titus, I would be voting them in a heartbeat, but there is Kling in the mix and that is likely changing things quite a bit.

@Delenn, really would hate you have your heads disagree on too much. Part of a fringe of my read on your slot is that you are getting along and seeing eye to eye.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 pm

~Mugen

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:34 pm

In post 223, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 21, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Soren I find is pretty stiff usually anyways.
That would be a null tell my friend.

-Fire, vedith is the scum head guys.

VOTE: Other Head

Easiest game of my life we should do this more often Fire :p

Could you try to explain how you got to that conclusion?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:53 am

In post 341, Soren wrote:Inductive reasoning is flawed because observed instances do not allows us to make claims about unobserved instances.
Just because his gut has been true in the past, doesn't mean his gut will also be true in the future.
Do you not have your own scum read?

I'm going to go ahead and adamantly disagree with this. While on a Meta sense, yes I would say you are right, but the thing is, our subconscious works miracles through Inductive reasoning and that's just how it is.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 pm

In post 76, Soren wrote:
In post 28, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Suzune that post pings me.
I can see your concern on it. It's like Suzune is back pedaling on that post and just adding to it which doesn't actually do much to further the game state. However, I would not be okay with that post if that's all she's doing so I want to see what other posts she is making further down the game. But at that time of your vote she didn't have other posts so your vote is justified.
In post 29, Jin and Mugen wrote:@Soren - That would be my other head who voted you, so you'll have to wait on Mugen/LQ for your answer. I'm not going to explain my read in depth right now because I want to get people's opinions on it for future note. Also, good to see you again!
So far, the people I kinda like out of this are Other Head, and maybe Spiffah. (The timing on the vote is okay, even if I don't feel a Suz lynch) Iron Giant might be, but I want to know about the heads, just because I'm using some individual tells right now to reach that conclusion.

~Jin
Good to see you again too!
I disagree with those reads, or thoughts...? They seem to be saying that you have a town lean on them at least. Other Head hasn't done anything for me to call him town, elaborate please? (proof read activate, I town read him further down this post but at the time of your post, there wasn't anything that made me town read him) I can agree with the Spiffeh gut town lean (?) The vote is nice, but I want to see something more for that town lean to solidify.
In post 30, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 21, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Soren I find is pretty stiff usually anyways.
That would be a null tell my friend.

-Fire, vedith is the scum head guys.

I've always found him a bit careless & fluffy, honestly. Like, he does try to play the game seriously & all, but this is a bit straightfoward & tryhardish for him.
My fluffy days are over.
In post 32, Suzune wrote:
In post 28, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Suzune that post pings me.

I just worry that with no one really talking the town will be unable to gain any ground. The worst thing we can do is stagnate before starting too look.
I don't know, I feel like to have the right to make a comment like that, you yourself will have to have instigated at least some discussion. I acknowledge that there hasn't been much in the game to comment, but I've been able to pick some things out that I wanted to understand further, and I'm sure there are things for you to pick out too. How do you feel about Iron Giant's obv town read in his ?
In post 33, Jin and Mugen wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 26, Soren wrote:
In post 18, Jin and Mugen wrote:Soren wagon is good.

~Jin.
You didn't answer my question.
And here you're saying the wagon on me is good when there is only one vote on me?
In post 19, Jin and Mugen wrote:That's a serious post, FYI.

He's stiff.
Stiff meaning what exactly?
In post 20, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 15, Delenn wrote:VOTE: other head

There's a difference between fast RVS and accidently turbo lynching and cutting off info.

Your campaigning for our lynch before we even post is weird as well.~Titus

Really meh on this too.
Another post from you expressing your attitude toward things but not explaining your attitude towards it. I agree with the post because the distinction she brought up is good. So I'm curious to hear what you find meh about it.
In post 23, Iron Giant wrote:@post 17 soren:

He's obvtown for showing concern that we'd derp and quicklynch without realizing how low the threshold to lynch is. Scum wouldn't give a shit because it'd be beneficial...unless delen is scum with him.

It's ~something~
You're right to say that scum wouldn't care much because it's beneficial. But isn't that a naive way to approach how scum would play? Surely a good scum player would say what Edgar said to gain town cred, like what you gave to him. I get what you're saying, but to go as extreme to call it obvtown, I find concerning, I wold only go so far as to say that it gives me town leans.
In post 24, Iron Giant wrote:Also it wasnt...really a contradiction and he didn't back off the wagon, he was never on it.

I stopped being a contradiction once he qualified that the scenario was different: can't have fast rvs wagons when you're playing a micro.
I suppose there is some truth to what you are saying, I guess our opinion on this just differs slightly.

This entire post is way too defensive and not enough gamesolvey.

~Mugen
To solve the game, one must first take a step into the game. That is me taking a step into the game.
In post 34, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 17, Soren wrote:
In post 12, Jin and Mugen wrote:VOTE: Soren

Did not like that confirm and then magically showing up as soon as the threads open.
What confirm?

So, like, I'm waiting days and days for this game to start and you do nothing to make that happen. It was a suspicion that you were chatting it up in the Scum PT.
Okay I get what you're saying now. I did not even know that we had to confirm for the game. My role PM didn't tell me that I had to confirm my role. Nor did my role PM contain the game thread and I wasn't bothered to go look for the game thread on my own. And now I just checked the OP and second post of the game thread and low and behold it tells me to confirm my role in the second post. I did not see this prior to the game start because 1, my role pm didn't mention anything about confirming and 2, my role pm didn't contain a link to the game thread, therefore I didn't see that I had confirm my role. I was confused that I didn't had to confirm my role like I have to do in other games, I too lazy to ask the mod and just assumed that I'll get notified once the game started, which I did. I too was waiting and wondering when the game would start.
In post 40, Spiffeh wrote:Why the fuck are people town reading me I have literally done nothing.
I find it really odd too.
In post 41, Spiffeh wrote:Anyway I voted for Suzune because she opted to take the "town cheerleader" role instead of comment on anything going on. It looked like she was trying to endear herself to everyone with a "go team!" mindset.
Right, I can agree with this and I like your vote even more now.
In post 47, Suzune wrote:
In post 46, Spiffeh wrote:None of the early stuff made you feel anything?
The only think that really stood out to me was the Iron Giant. The way he was talking was interesting but not really lynch worthy, but I got a good feeling from it. LQ usually stands out to be because of their style.
I don't like that it took Spiffeh questioning you for you to input your own independent thoughts into the game.

My Other Head Is Scum's string of posting in page 3 rings very town to me. He sort of casually plops himself into the game, this gives me town leans because scum tends to play more cautious to not reveal themselves. When you play casually you open yourself to more attacks as you can miss a lot of things. Regardless, after a few posts My Other Head Is Scum begins to post his reads and how he feels about the game. I find this read to come from town. He's frustrated that he can't read someone and that frustration is giving me town leans. and are giving more reads and I'm liking them. It tells us how he's feeling about the players at this stage of the game and it's somewhere he will start the game from and work the game out from there.
In post 64, Jin and Mugen wrote:I'm pretty sharply in disagreement with you on Soren. I've seen him as Town twice, both times as mislynch bait, and he had a really different attitude. He was kinda light & fluffy, and not always on point, but it was a cheerful, relaxed attitude. I won't go so far to say that he didn't care what anyone thought of him, but here...it's like he's checking off a list consciously.

I also find his disappearance aggravating. I don't see how you can say that he didn't try as scum, and consider his play to be better than that.

In other words, his play is too 'try-hardish' in the same sense Elbirn was in Midnight Sun #1. He's doing stuff that looks 'Town', in the sense that people tend to Townread that sort of thing, (as a resident try but is not what I'm used to expecting from him. So far, he's picking apart play for being 'weird' rather than analyzing it. Hence the scumread. Both heads are agreement as of the last time I chatted with LQ. (No, he hasn't explained exactly what his first post was about. Our thread looks a bit like the neighborhood thread I was sharing with Molla.)
I can understand where you're coming from with your meta read on me. But that was months ago, like 5 months even? Fire and Vedith has been in recent games with me. I took a break from mafia somewhere around july-mid september, I didn't like the ways I approached the game and not giving the games my attention. So I came back playing different now, I've decided to stop posting fluff and stay on topic. Fire and Vedith's meta read on me are more recent and therefore more reliable.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Curious what the point of bringing up whether or not you were being wagoned was?
Because it felt like you were commenting that the wagon on me was good when there wasn't a wagon on me.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Because it's a bit of an unrealistic take on the situation. Titus does have instances where she gets too wrapped up in a theory, and she seems to dislike bad play a fair bit, so I'm less confident on this read at the moment. Hence why my vote is on you now.
I disagree that it's an unrealistic take on the situation. I think it demonstrates a realistic scenario. Mostly because I have seen fast RVS votes, but never a turbo lynch on day 1. And when people are fast RVS voted to L-1, there's almost always someone who points it out and town jumps of the speed lynch and begins to evaluate the game more deeply. But I do agree on the titus read there.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Really, it's not what Soren's saying that's pinging me, (He's technically right, actually.) it's the fact that a player I know to be a bit on the relaxed, fluffy side is suddenly playing 'by the book', so to speak. The most likely explanation that comes to mind is that he wants the Towncred that comes with that playstyle. Basically, I'm after Soren based on tone & timing.
This isn't the 'be-all, end-all' case to prove Soren's scum, but he's managing to ping me on a number of points, and I'm happy with where my vote is at present. I certainly want to see him get in here and play with us.
You noticing these things about me is giving me town vibes. You have a good memory of our previous games and how I've played and you're looking at my play in this game and comparing to how I had played before, and it's different, and I like that you noticed that and are following up on it. Mainly because what you are focusing on is rather small, it's based on tone and timing instead of finding a certain thing that I'm doing to be particularly scummy. And you noticing that is telling me that you have a keen eye, you're looking at the game closely, you want to solve the game and you're starting with trying to solve me.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Also, I'm meh on how he's phrasing his stand here, in that he's avoiding disagreeing with the Iron Giant.
Well I don't 100% disagree with it. Rather I'm toning down his opinion on it.

So far my town leans are on Jin and Mugen, Spiffeh and My Other Head Is Scum. Rest are mostly null. And I'm keeping my vote on Suzune because of what I've said in this post. I need to see more from her before I decide to remove my vote. Right now I don't see where she is standing in the game.

K, so Soren (all their posts) look incredibly tryhard and missing the point to a lot that has been said. I don't know much about them, but I would figure them to be a competent individual. With that said, they look to be lacking a lot of what I look for in Town behavior. They haven't really said anything at all that screams Town to me, knowing what that usually looks like. They have really only been confrontational when it comes to a Scum read on them and they have fought fire with fire on most of it. (Sorry Fire/Vedith)

~Mugen

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 pm

In post 554, Jin and Mugen wrote:@Edgar, what do you think of what duppin is saying?

Feel free to answer this at any time. ^_^

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:43 am

In post 755, Soren wrote:Good job Suzune and Yakko for pulling us the win! That sneaky quicklynch at the end gave me a good laugh.

Vyse and Lickety, it was a pleasure playing with you two, I'll definitely want to play with you guys again in the future.

Sure thing.

@Suz, You once again managed to fool the whole town. Hats off to you on your victory.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:48 am

I have to take most the credit on the MOHIS lynch.. I really thought they were Scum. YOU GUYS, QUIT PLAYING SOOO SCUMMY :P

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:10 pm

In post 764, VysePresident wrote:Same!

I'm doing Plot's Slavic Music II Mafia, FYI, if you guys want to join.

@Mod - Is it possible to pre-in for MS #3?

In bold: this.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:05 am

In post 779, Soren wrote:Vyze or Lickety, any feedback on my general play/stiffness during day 1 that I can improve upon?

I have to admit that it was not myself that thought you were stiff. I more thought you were using a lot of words, but not really saying anything. I had a suspicion of you before the game even started that I wanted to explore for prolly longer than I should. I just felt it was a good direction to go it. So my read on you was pretty much just gut.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”