Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

Someone summoned me!!!!
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Well that was fast! :P
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 pm

In post 36, Iron Giant wrote:

You can figure who is who ^_^

I can tell Shiro posts apart from Elbirn posts anyday!
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 pm

In post 51, Jin and Mugen wrote:Well that was fast! :P

I am always prepared for the summons!
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:06 pm

In post 40, Spiffeh wrote:Why the fuck are people town reading me I have literally done nothing.

Who knows, but normally people would assume this questioning of your being town read as being town.

I will take it as null, because I have seen people try to manipulate that as a Town read before as scum.

YOU SIR MIGHT BE TOO CLEVER!
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Curious what you actually think, Fire?
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Why are all of Suzunes posts so neutral I can never get a sense of tone or purpose out of them.

See this is the problem when you aren't native english speaker. You learn english in a bland sense and don't pick up some nuances so you have a tone to your word choices and such.

>.>

It annoys me!
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:08 pm

In post 55, Jin and Mugen wrote:Curious what you actually think, Fire?

I think of alot of things, what do you specifically want to know?
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 pm

In post 56, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Why are all of Suzunes posts so neutral I can never get a sense of tone or purpose out of them.

See this is the problem when you aren't native english speaker. You learn english in a bland sense and don't pick up some nuances so you dont have a tone to your word choices and such.

>.>

It annoys me!

Suzune is just hard to read period.
LOTH II is a good example of that for me.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

It's probably a bit early to ask for an overview, but I'm curious about Titus & Soren specifically.

Suz is hard to read tone from period. (P-Edit - ...Great minds...) I'm just giving her time to give me something useful to actually read her. I may 'bully' her to let me in her head again, if she doesn't make it easy. Once is enough. :P
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Iron Giant would be interesting too.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:13 pm

Iron Giant is still Null, it has Shiro in it afterall. Hard to read her motivation at times.

Delenn is a Null too unfortunately, they are often mislynch bait so I am hesistant to scumread them for acting in a unusual manner, cause everything always feels off with those two. Especially Klingon.

Soren I think I have handle on his town and scum meta. This is his town game. I played a game with him as scum, he barely tried and wasn't participating much to conversations at all. He wasn't scumhunting or pretending I should say, his reads were crap. His analysis was bad. He is going in trying in this. That is more town him than scum.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:15 pm

We need to hear more of Edgar Allan Poe and My Milked Eek.
I don't think both of them are scum, but I think if we can sort them.

The harder to read players will fall in line of being easier to read once we figure out the lurkers.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:19 pm

I am leaning on town with you Jin and Mugen.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

I"m liking what I think is coming from Elbirn. I can be bad at reading hydras, and failing to sign is a pet peeve of mine, for all that I get ranted at about how I 'ought to know.' This is primarily where my hesitation comes from, since I don't really have a strong read on Shiro yet.

I'm generally pretty decent at reading Titus, even if I'm not perfect. I don't like her opener post - it took the wagon on her way too seriously for this stage of the game. I kinda want to see more from her, because I'm a little uncomfortable with that start. Klingon is kinda Null, because again, I don't feel I have as strong a read on her quite yet.

I'm pretty sharply in disagreement with you on Soren. I've seen him as Town twice, both times as mislynch bait, and he had a really different attitude. He was kinda light & fluffy, and not always on point, but it was a cheerful, relaxed attitude. I won't go so far to say that he didn't care what anyone thought of him, but here...it's like he's checking off a list consciously.

I also find his disappearance aggravating. I don't see how you can say that he didn't try as scum, and consider his play to be better than that.

In other words, his play is too 'try-hardish' in the same sense Elbirn was in Midnight Sun #1. He's doing stuff that looks 'Town', in the sense that people tend to Townread that sort of thing, (as a resident try but is not what I'm used to expecting from him. So far, he's picking apart play for being 'weird' rather than analyzing it. Hence the scumread. Both heads are agreement as of the last time I chatted with LQ. (No, he hasn't explained exactly what his first post was about. Our thread looks a bit like the neighborhood thread I was sharing with Molla.)

You're probably okay for Town. I need to digest our conversation a bit, but it's a nice start. I do want you in my corner soonish, preferably. :P

I think Soren's a moderate scumread, Delenn is a mild ping, Spiffeh's doing okay for all that their reaction could be faked.

Early reads? Yes, but I kinda feel like sorting through stuff this time. I've kinda played low key for the last two games, and I'm ready to brawl a little. :P
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 63, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:I am leaning on town with you Jin and Mugen.

Is it bad that I read this as "I'm about to 180 & scumread you guys in about a week or so"? :P
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 64, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In other words, his play is too 'try-hardish' in the same sense Elbirn was in Midnight Sun #1. He's doing stuff that looks 'Town', in the sense that people tend to Townread that sort of thing, (as a resident try
hard, I'm pretty keenly aware just how many Townpoints you get for effort. :P )
but is not what I'm used to expecting from him. So far, he's picking apart play for being 'weird' rather than analyzing it. Hence the scumread. Both heads are agreement as of the last time I chatted with LQ. (No, he hasn't explained exactly what his first post was about. Our thread looks a bit like the neighborhood thread I was sharing with Molla.)

Fixed in bold.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 62, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:We need to hear more of Edgar Allan Poe and My Milked Eek.
I don't think both of them are scum, but I think if we can sort them.

The harder to read players will fall in line of being easier to read once we figure out the lurkers.

Agreed.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Also, Titus, I'm particularly curious to get your read on me. (Vyse)

~Jin.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:01 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Went through his ISO. Don't really care much about the Suz vote, but eh. I'll leave that to Mugen, if he wants to jump on it.

Post #26 is technically Null by itself, but it set up for a small pattern that caught my interest. He's a bit technical & by the book in this post, and the change in tone from my prior experience with Soren is enough to bug me by itself anyway. Vote to pressure here.

In post 26, Soren wrote:
In post 18, Jin and Mugen wrote:Soren wagon is good.

~Jin.
You didn't answer my question.
And here you're saying the wagon on me is good when there is only one vote on me?

Curious what the point of bringing up whether or not you were being wagoned was?

Also, again, different heads. :P

Taking a step into analytical mode, this is basically a challenge, coupled with either a pointless question or bluster, depending. When I say he's playing too much 'by the book', I'm referring to points like that wagon question, which strike me more as him trying to hit a perceived flaw in my play rather than trying to figure it out. M'kay. So Soren's playing offense here, which is interesting. He feels a little more prepared than I would give him credit for, but he's been scumread as Town so much I'll give him some slack here.

Soren wrote:
In post 19, Jin and Mugen wrote:That's a serious post, FYI.

He's stiff.
Stiff meaning what exactly?

Stiff meaning that you're giving me the impression of someone who wants to do "Town Things(tm)", rather than sorting through the game.

I'd kinda like to see you here & trying to deal with this, honestly.

In post 20, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 15, Delenn wrote:VOTE: other head

There's a difference between fast RVS and accidently turbo lynching and cutting off info.

Your campaigning for our lynch before we even post is weird as well.~Titus

Really meh on this too.
Another post from you expressing your attitude toward things but not explaining your attitude towards it. I agree with the post because the distinction she brought up is good. So I'm curious to hear what you find meh about it.[/quote]

Because it's a bit of an unrealistic take on the situation. Titus does have instances where she gets too wrapped up in a theory, and she seems to dislike bad play a fair bit, so I'm less confident on this read at the moment. Hence why my vote is on you now.

I actually like the question at the end, just because it's a little awkward, but it still fits into the other pattern. This amounts to "You are not explaining your reads. I find this odd. Explain." Except there's an aggressive undertone where I feel that he'd vote me in a heart beat if others let themselves get caught up in my gutreads.

Soren wrote:
In post 23, Iron Giant wrote:@post 17 soren:

He's obvtown for showing concern that we'd derp and quicklynch without realizing how low the threshold to lynch is. Scum wouldn't give a shit because it'd be beneficial...unless delen is scum with him.

It's ~something~
You're right to say that scum wouldn't care much because it's beneficial. But isn't that a naive way to approach how scum would play? Surely a good scum player would say what Edgar said to gain town cred, like what you gave to him. I get what you're saying, but to go as extreme to call it obvtown, I find concerning, I wold only go so far as to say that it gives me town leans.

Good day, good sir! I do admire your formal attire, but is it not a trifle...stiff? Pray tell, is this some sort of momentous occasion, that we dare not speak in casual terms, lest our natures been found wanting?

Really, it's not
what
Soren's saying that's pinging me, (He's technically right, actually.) it's the fact that a player I know to be a bit on the relaxed, fluffy side is suddenly playing 'by the book', so to speak. The most likely explanation that comes to mind is that he wants the Towncred that comes with that playstyle. Basically, I'm after Soren based on tone & timing.

Also, I'm meh on how he's phrasing his stand here, in that he's avoiding disagreeing with the Iron Giant.

---

This isn't the 'be-all, end-all' case to prove Soren's scum, but he's managing to ping me on a number of points, and I'm happy with where my vote is at present. I certainly want to see him get in here and play with us.

Anyone want to join in the meantime? The water's great.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:03 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 52, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 36, Iron Giant wrote:

You can figure who is who ^_^

I can tell Shiro posts apart from Elbirn posts anyday!

To be fair, this is pretty obviously Shiro's, even to me. Between the smilie & phrasing :P
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 61, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
Soren I think I have handle on his town and scum meta. This is his town game .

Would it be too mean to say Elbirn, Midnight Sun #1? :P
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:14 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

All of the above on this page, and the post elbowing Titus & Fire was mine.(Vyse)

~Jin.
Iron Giant
Iron Giant
Townie
Iron Giant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:21 pm

Post by Iron Giant »

My god J&M are so town it is hurting me.

Fire what is up with the lack of antics.

Vote:MME

^Needs to participat
"I am not a gun."
Hydra of Shiro & Elbirn
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:25 pm

I am trying to avoid getting lynched Day 1.
Cause you know, me and Vedith tend to look scummy.
Hence the name.

Also, he is still the scum head guys. If you have to lynch one of us, please post that you are lynching his head, not mine.

I am obviously the town head.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”