Micro 557 - Badass female u-pick - game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 4, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Starbuck

I don't know you.

Hi. I'm Mandie. I like taking long hikes with my dog, reading (currently on the 5th book of the Outlander series), video games, and genealogy.

I was on the site forever ago, it seems, but I came back last month after a 2 1/2 year hiatus.

*waves*
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I think Titus (who I just recently played a game or so with) and Malakittens may be the only people that I actually know.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 20, Firebringer wrote:
In post 18, Starbuck wrote:Hi. I'm Mandie. I like taking long hikes with my dog, reading (currently on the 5th book of the Outlander series), video games, and genealogy.

I was on the site forever ago, it seems, but I came back last month after a 2 1/2 year hiatus.

*waves*

Random irrelevant question: What kind of dog do you have and how old?

He's, technically, a Sicilian mutt, but if I were to guess, I'd say a Lab Mix. I need to get a doggie DNA test because I'd love to see what his breed(s) is. I adopted him from the Stray Animal Facility while I was stationed at NAS Sigonella. He was stuck in an outdoor kennel for almost two years. I'm so lucky that they were no kill. He's somewhere between 9 and 11. I don't know exactly.

In post 21, Firebringer wrote:
In post 19, Starbuck wrote:I think Titus (who I just recently played a game or so with) and Malakittens may be the only people that I actually know.

You finished a game with me not too long ago.
You were scum with OceanWind.

Oh yeah, the one that I replaced in and had no hope of redeeming. I replaced in was alive for a few days and summarily lynched.

In post 22, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 18, Starbuck wrote:
In post 4, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Starbuck

I don't know you.

Hi. I'm Mandie. I like taking long hikes with my dog, reading (currently on the 5th book of the Outlander series), video games, and genealogy.

*waves*

Are you in the Navy?

I was for 11 years. When there was the big draw down after Iraq and Afghanistan, they only were letting 1 in every 50 people reenlist in my rate. So I was, basically, laid off from the military.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 33, TellTaleHeart wrote:x.x

Didn't mean to be invasive. I saw you lived in Jacksonville and I know they have a big navy base there (my uncle was stationed there once). The school you list in your profile also made me think you had some sort of military connection.

Jacksonville's a nice town, I remember liking it.

Yep, I ended up being stationed here after I left A School at NAS Jax (which is probably the base that you're thinking of). I worked as an Aviation Electrician's Mate on S-3B Vikings for four years before serving three years in Sicily on shore duty (during which time I found Mafiascum). I started doing classes here and there at Embry-Riddle around 2005 (about two years after enlisting) and when I got out, used my GI Bill to go full time.

It took my 8 1/2 years, but I finished my Bachelor's in Aeronautics in 2013, alongside an Associates in Aeronautics and Minors in Management, Airport Management, and Aviation Safety.

Jacksonville isn't a bad place. When I was stationed here (2004-2008), there wasn't much to do and it wasn't much of a place. Now, it's kind of in a renaissance and I'm pretty proud do be a part of that forward progress.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 32, Titus wrote:Let's play flavor 20 questions. Who wants to go first?

Ooh. Let's do military speak. What color is the sky Starbuck?

We don't really have a color for the sky. It's just blue.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

That doesn't even make sense.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry to add to the fluff.

I kind of like games where there's a bit more banter/congeniality.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

Mod: V/LA from now until Sunday at 9 pm

Lots of robotics madness this week and weekend
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 117, CuddlyKitteh wrote:I'd rather not see fluff from Starbuck, at least get us some coffee on the house.

You see this could be a deal break on friendship, if you really think I'd use a handle based of a coffee chain.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 202, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Do me a favor, but let titus and I actually engage with each other than answer questions for her, please and thanks.

I have a lot of experience re:titus. So getting in my way might actually hurt my read on her because I was wrong last game because I jumped to an early townread on her, but then when I finally started to scum read her I ended up being vigged before I could elaborate on it. :\

~M

I'm not generally cool with these type of statements because it feels like someone trying to squash conversation.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I take that back on Kitteh. Geez, it got hostile around Page 10.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 262, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 240, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 222, Firebringer wrote:CUddleyKitteh, so are you the dog head or that evil cat head in the picture?

Hey sweetie, could you please make a post telling me what your alignment is? I'm asking for a full sentence saying if you're town or scum.

Radiant and Starbuck, I would also like this from you please. :3

I am a member of the Town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Hey bad ass females, I just pulled close to a 16 hour middle/high school robotics event today and I have an elementary event tomorrow. I'll be giving this some time probably later on tomorrow.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

Hey ladies, about halfway through reading. I'll have some substance up for you tonight.

Pinky swears.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Alrighty, you awesome folks, I'm back. Thank you so much for your patience. This last week was hella stressful in both good and bad ways.

Anyways, I'm going to pick up on where I left off reading and see what all has happened since I had to disappear...

Reading back through from the beginning, I feel like Titus was monopolizing the conversation, especially when it came to flavor. I don't know, just yet, how much that all helped to push the game along or not, but from my read through right now, it feels rather distracting.

Additionally, I don't care for Titus asking for reads from Frozen Jeanne around page 6, especially in this game and I'll tell you why. We had a ton of just fluff and off topic stuff for those first few pages. How can you get an accurate read off of any of that?

I know the point is to get some conversation going, but I'm so skeptical of reads lists so early because most feel manufactured.

Also, how many people just kind of glazed over this?

In post 152, Titus wrote:Nope. More like once everyone claims flavor my night action becomes infinitely trackable.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

Starting about mid-page 8.....

In post 193, CuddlyKitteh wrote:When here's the thing. The way you are going about it feels like one giant distraction from scum-hunting. If it was role-related why not just say "hey guys my role needs us to flavor claim. If we can do that it would be great". Instead you turned something that was easily 1-2 pages max into something that's going to be 8 pages or more.

I have to say, after reading this part through a second time, I agree with this. It's more the monopolizing of conversation for me, though.

In post 230, Frozen Jeanne wrote:No. People here always call me a 'he', so I don't see why I should.

Because it's called being polite. Using correct pronouns is just general common courtesy. It's not a big deal if you mistakenly use the wrong pronoun, but it becomes one after you are corrected and are refusing to use it because you believe they are doing something within a
game
to upset you. It's in no way related to playstyle, you were straight up being a jerk here.

In post 251, Frozen Jeanne wrote:I'm getting tired of trying to help town out and being called a villain because of it.

In that last page, I didn't see much helping the game and more you taking something to the extreme just because you felt like it.

In post 272, Frozen Jeanne wrote:You are clearly more interested in believing scum over believing me, so don't ever ask me for read/opinion ever again, and follow scum instead. >.>

This type of response isn't helpful at all, especially the AtE.

I do like Kitteh's response to all of this in #275.

In post 288, Frozen Jeanne wrote:@TTH Then she should give warnings to all of us, for you are all implying that I am stupid for scumreading kitteh. You may not say it directly, but it's there.

There's a difference between implying that someone's game play is less than stellar and outright calling them stupid (i.e. an ad hom attack).

In post 292, Titus wrote:
In post 285, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'm not the arbiter of what people can and can't do. That would be farside, and she'll probably give you a warning for that post.

I'm saying what I'm saying because I think you're town, I also think there's a good chance Malakittens is town, and I think there are a ~few~ other people who need to start talking.

Concur with this.

For once I have few problems with anyone posting and I am leaning towards RC and Starbuck scum.

Why?

In post 298, Titus wrote:I am policy lynching you if you don't stop the woah is me.

+1

In post 313, Frozen Jeanne wrote:Oh, and answer me: do you want the town to lose? For I am pretty sure you are given the way you're blindly trusting her.

Goodness me. Please tell me that a chill pill comes along at some point?

Ending at the Bottom of Page 13
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Starting on Page 14....

So from a few pages back to now, Frozen Jeanne is just so angsty. I know they are a hydra, but I'm reading all their posts in this really negative and emotional light. Like the condescension, abrasiveness, and general awfulness is getting really hard to swallow on this read through. Which side of that hydra is the one spamming and being awful? I'd like to know so that I can possibly avoid in future games.

Throughout most of this, Frozen and Titus are just monopolizing the conversation. First, Titus did it with the 20 questions thing and now this.

In post 411, Frozen Jeanne wrote:she knows jeanne and insisting on a policy lynch

Can you blame her?

I don't really get where the case on Fire is coming from at this point. I see accusations of him not reading, but I can't really blame him for not reading given the word vomit of the past however many pages to this point.

In post 487, Firebringer wrote:
In post 483, Suzune wrote:It has not been too terrible

Too much drama

Its honestly becoming site wide problem, and is making the games much less enjoyable.

QFT

Yeah, it's taken me forever to get through these few pages. I need a brain break.

Ending at the bottom of Page 19
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:37 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 912, TellTaleHeart wrote:I've been sitting here waiting very patiently for anything even remotely resembling an attempt at content and Starbuck has padded her catch up posts while artfully working to avoid providing any. It's mostly a compilation of quips that blend in with the general annoyance at the Frozen Jeanne hydra without providing a definitive read. That little blurb about Firebringer is another crack at an "opinion" but it falls really flat in that the case is mostly misstated and the safe, negative position is taken.

That's not even remotely true. I don't know how you guys survived in the middle of all this B.S. that I'm reading while trying to find some actual things to comment on besides on the ongoing saga of Titus and Frozen.

It's taking me a little longer to catch up than usual, but I am doing so and keeping my word, so this is a blatant misrepresentation. I'm sorry that you don't like the way that I catch up, but that's a horrid reason to vote for me.

Last robotics event of 2015 today, and I'm all yours for the next 3 weeks.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

My last post ended at the Bottom of Page 20, not 19. So starting at the Top of Page 21....

I find it to be pretty anti-town of those people who refuse to answer Firebringer. Maybe FB just happened to miss a post explaining why someone thinks she's scum in the midst of all the 1v1 BS that was going on. The "Pay attention to the thread" and "Read the thread" snarkiness is pretty awful. Just answer the question and move on.

However, deflection (look at them, not me!), as well as promoting policy lynching, isn't helpful in FB's case, ala this:

In post 521, Firebringer wrote:Like if you want to make a case for players not engaging or hunting you should be looking at RC and Starbucks.

They are literally being inactive.
Though I hate to lynch players for being inactive, it gives us zero information.

I know that I'm one of the people that she lists, and I'm not mad about it. However, inactivity is a null tell, not a scum tell and at this point, focus is on FB and her deflection is quite apparent.

Not to mention that she lists everyone as scum on her reads list. I mean, I don't like reads list for the fact that I can usually pick out maybe two people that I can see as town, maybe one as scum, and the rest end up null on Day 1 because I'm still growing used to the vast number of new players on MS. Listing everyone as scum is just lazy and shows no initiative. I agree with those saying that FB isn't scumhunting.

I like Elyse's reaction to that post in #522.

In post 535, Titus wrote:
In post 530, Starbuck wrote:
In post 202, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Do me a favor, but let titus and I actually engage with each other than answer questions for her, please and thanks.

I have a lot of experience re:titus. So getting in my way might actually hurt my read on her because I was wrong last game because I jumped to an early townread on her, but then when I finally started to scum read her I ended up being vigged before I could elaborate on it. :\

~M

I'm not generally cool with these type of statements because it feels like someone trying to squash conversation.

Everything she said there was true. TBH, I thought she visited me and that's why she died. I was shifting bricks. I was thankful Mario had the busted guilty there.

Whether or not it was true, taking over the thread or telling anyone else to not interact is anti-town. I'm not a fan of that kind of stance because it's wholly unhelpful.

In post 546, TellTaleHeart wrote:An obvious weakness is that Starbuck and Radiant are near the bottom.

Yeah, because shouldn't we technically fall into null if you don't have a read either direction?

In post 547, CuddlyKitteh wrote:
In post 532, Starbuck wrote:
In post 262, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 240, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 222, Firebringer wrote:CUddleyKitteh, so are you the dog head or that evil cat head in the picture?

Hey sweetie, could you please make a post telling me what your alignment is? I'm asking for a full sentence saying if you're town or scum.

Radiant and Starbuck, I would also like this from you please. :3

I am a member of the Town.
I am unsure on the technicality of this but wouldn't scum be a member of town too? This could be scum!you trying to finding a loophole around this so I think you should rephrase that by clearly stating your alignment.

- S

Scum are scum. How would they be a member of the town?

I don't understand how that could be a loophole or if you're just trying to throw shade. I did what was asked.

Ending at the Bottom of Page 22.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

Starting at the Top of Page 23....

In post 562, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Nope, but I don't really see how you only have 'one' townread. I mean there's enough content to at least have two at the very least.

I don't find this to be a fair assessment. The fact that you have more townreads than someone else doesn't factor into a case or make them scummy.

I dig Suzune's assessment of FJ in #598.

In post 622, Frozen Jeanne wrote:
In post 611, Elyse wrote:
In post 583, Suzune wrote:
Elyse I find it interesting that you only write long posts that have scumhunting in them when they are about fire. Almost all your posts so far have been about fire. It is an interesting observation, otherwise your posting style is not my favourite because you look locked in something and that seems so not townie to me. So how you feeling about other people?

I am townreading everyone else except RC and Starbuck.

w8 how different is this from what FB did ? :/ you just put aside inactives and town readed everyone else?

-Frozen

Agreed.

I don't like that Radiant showed up at the top of Page 26 to drop a vote, but not supply content. It's totally null, in essence, but if town, you shouldn't just say "I caught up, I read, and here's a vote. I'll get back to you all later."

Anddddddddd more Titus vs FJ. Good lawd. I've got minimal experience with Titus, and none with either head of FJ. I'm null on both atm because one or the other could be playing this 1v1 up.

In post 714, Frozen Jeanne wrote:
In post 706, Titus wrote:
In post 698, Frozen Jeanne wrote:
In post 696, Titus wrote:RC Starbuck and FJ

so just start explaining.

RC voted elyse
starbuck is not here atm
and we are scum reading you

this is your best case against scums?

-Frzoen

RC hasn't been here. Nor has Starbuck. You're acting scummy by refusing to quantify your Mala push.

Everyone else is moderately townie.

so you scum read inactives?
and pardon me. I'm pushing mala? I'm pushing their hydra because one head is scummy enough.

oh god. are you even trying. I mean seriously your showing yourself as a high mentor to jeanne this whole game. but your not even trying to find scum yourself.

-Frozen

Titus, I'm interested in an answer to this question.

In post 733, Frozen Jeanne wrote:Orly? Now you play that card. I see everyone agreeing with her on me being scum.

In my read through, I don't see that at all. I do see you being super overdefensive and abrasive, though.

In post 741, CuddlyKitteh wrote:TBH Titus, I'd rather lynch FJ then Fire. For two reasons actually;

1. I really want to think you're town, but I feel like paranoia will eat me again this game. last time I let you guide me onto a lynch you diverted me off your scum partner and onto a shiny mislynch. So I'm scared that's what you could be doing again and honestly if that's the case I'm jut going to be so pissed at myself.

2. Mainly because I really can't stand FJ's tunnel, noise and they are really just a big distraction at this point.

I don't understand why they are saying they like my posts and they are somewhat town, but willing to ignore that and focus on gut to go after me. It's like it doesn't make any sense and even I wouldn't just 'trust' my gut like that especially if someone's posts look town even though my gut hates this said person.

~M

This screams of policy.

+1 to EVERYTHING that TTH said in #744.

In post 747, CuddlyKitteh wrote:I really don't get this hydra at all. at all. Unless I'm misreading this I don't understand how you're still going after my lynch if Jeanne thinks I'm scum, but you're reading me as null.

Still don't get this at all.

This is why I've had such a hard time with hydras since my return. Each head having different reads and not sorting things out between them before coming to the game thread is hella confusing.

Ending at the Bottom of Page 30
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

I am town.

I am a member of the town.

I am aligned with the town.

I win when all anti-town elements no longer exist.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 991, Titus wrote:Scum are counted as members of town for lynching.

Additionally,

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Townie

A Townie (also known as Citizen, Townsperson, Villager, etc.) is a player with a pro-Town Win Condition. Due to ambiguity, "Townie" has been known to refer to any pro-Town player who has no extraordinary abilities or simply any pro-Town player.

Semantics or whatever. I don't care. Scum aren't members of the town, even for lynching. Scum are scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Starbuck »

Starting at the top of Page 31....

In post 762, TellTaleHeart wrote:Elementary school robotics? o.O

Smart kids.

Elementary, Middle, and High school. These kids are amazing.

And there's Radiant, again, coming in saying that he caught up but not providing any insight. I can't say much because of my long absence, but when you say that you've read most of the game and can't give like a sentence or two as a reason for your vote, I find that a bit ridiculous.

In post 767, Frozen Jeanne wrote:and next time don't quote a post of mine and tell all the thing Jeanne said against you because we are two different persons in one slot. not two slots which are playing by one person.

Absolutely correct, which means that you shouldn't be playing the game as two different people. I know you had to do so, if you wanted to play, but the point of hydra-ing is for both to play, but also present reads, votes, cases as a united front.

In post 776, Titus wrote:Fire FJ Starbuck

That's my lynchpool. Let me know when you pick one.

Weak.

So much for not wanting to policy lynch.

Through all of the noise Firebringer got really quiet until #780, which doesn't really feel that off base to me. I wish Fire would post more and not resign herself to her lynch.

I don't care much for Cuddly's jump on Fire in #791:

In post 791, CuddlyKitteh wrote:I've already gave my thoughts on fire and his recent 780 is strengthening my scum read on him. It's something I see scum who doesn't really know how to place themselves in the game do, they pop in with a few reads that doesn't have much content in them which gives an impression that he's trying to work the game out but at the same time isn't interacting with other players. However, he is on VLA which doesn't allow him time to post much. Regardless,
VOTE: Firebringer

This bothers me because of the final sentence, which feels like taking advantage of Fire's absence. I haven't really felt strongly either way on Cuddly as I've read, but this doesn't give me a good feeling at all.

And RC is back and voting FJ, but still hasn't given any reason for their vote/suspicion on Elyse. Care to elaborate?

In post 807, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Elyse

Anyway, most of what I said earlier still applies. Townreading everyone who posts and just scumreading lurkers, incredibly insincere.

I wasn't really on FJ for alignment reasons anyway.

What did you say earlier? Because according to your ISO, you just voted Elyse and said you'd give reasons later. So can you give some concise thoughts? I mean, you read all those pages and have no content.

In post 817, Frozen Jeanne wrote:Why so defensive? BECAUSE LYNCHING A CONFIRMED TOWNIE IS BAD, AND TO MYSELF I AM A CONFIRMED TOWNIE.

We are all confirmed town to ourselves. Duh.

However, when I'm frustrated, I'm pretty sure that I can get this way, but I really haven't seen a reasoning for the frustration that's been coming out of Frozen alllllllllll day.

I don't like RC's #822 at all.

Ending at the Bottom of Page 33
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

Starting at the Top of Page 34....

In post 831, Frozen Jeanne wrote:
In post 815, Jeanne11 wrote:Asking again, are you happy with a mislynch?

How about it, scum! Titus? Do you want our mislynch because it helps you win?

WIFOM and AtE. Can you stop with both? Kthnx.

In post 856, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 824, Starbuck wrote:Hey ladies, about halfway through reading. I'll have some substance up for you tonight.

Pinky swears.

I can forgive getting stood up, but violating the sanctity of the pinky swear?

That's just low.

Ummm, you weren't stood up. "Tonight," for me, means anywhere between 7 pm and when I eventually go to bed, which is usually somewhere around 2 to 4 am.

I do appreciate you following up on Radiant's first Elyse vote in #859.

In post 862, Firebringer wrote:
In post 861, Starbuck wrote:Alrighty, you awesome folks, I'm back. Thank you so much for your patience. This last week was hella stressful in both good and bad ways.

Nice to have you back.

What you thinking right now in far as peoples alignments?

As of right now, at this point in my read, I was seeing what others were saying about you and I, wholeheartedly, dislike the deflection and sheer laziness of the reads list that you gave when asked. However, your 780 gave me a bit more confidence in you as possibly town.

Despite TTH's horrid vote of me for the way I catch up, I'm leaning town on them because I feel like they are involved, asking pertinent questions, and not just adding scumreads to myself or RC due to our absences. Like I said, the vote on me for the way that I catch up is terribad, but I feel like it's mostly a pressure vote for better/more content than anything else.

On RC, at this point, I'm not liking the way they are just riding along. Saying that they've caught up, but not really giving any type of content. I'm hoping they get better further along, but it just feels like they are hiding in plain sight.

I'm leaning towards town on Elyse because they are asking questions that I would have asked had I been here, and seem to be on a similar wavelength.

I've been having a hard time placing Cuddly, FJ, Suzune, and Titus.

In post 864, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 861, Starbuck wrote:Also, how many people just kind of glazed over this?

In post 152, Titus wrote:Nope. More like once everyone claims flavor my night action becomes infinitely trackable.

Is there a particular reason why it needs further exploration right now?

That's where I was in my catch up at the time and I figured I'd bring it up if no one else had.

In post 869, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 867, RadiantCowbells wrote:And jeez, wtf.

How am I the only person voting Elyse right now?

Because you're spending your time making these kinds of information-less garbage posts instead of elaborating on why you're scumreading her.

QFT

In post 871, Frozen Jeanne wrote:
In post 860, Firebringer wrote:
In post 857, Frozen Jeanne wrote:@FB you have 3 days to convince the town in your wagon that he is wrong or I will join your wagon. You did nothing for the game and that's scummy ...

This post just screams like "I am going to lynch you regardless of what you say"

Why don't you just vote me anyways, I think you kind of are waiting for nothing right now.

:| when I said that? I'm saying you must start making progression in game - fast , which it seems your slightly doing better...

whats your current reads again? everyone-but-yourself scummy yet ?

-Frozen

I don't like this response to Fire. She wrote a pretty thorough post in 780 that would have answered this, but you've been so distracted and focused on your own interactions that you seemed to miss it.

In post 872, Titus wrote:
In post 869, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 867, RadiantCowbells wrote:And jeez, wtf.

How am I the only person voting Elyse right now?

Because you're spending your time making these kinds of information-less garbage posts instead of elaborating on why you're scumreading her.

You're a woman after my heart.

@starbuck, the why is answered in the post.

So you are stating that you view inactivity as a scum tell and not a null tell, then?

Ending at the Bottom of Page 35
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Starbuck »

Starting at the Top of Page 36....

In post 914, TellTaleHeart wrote:Now that we're down to the wire and weighing lynches, I think Starbuck is far superior to RC or Firebringer because the noise to signal ratio on her is infinitesimally close to zero. The same can't be said of the alternatives. What's more insidious is that Starbuck's is dressed up to look like she's contributing but, in reality, she's not.

I can't deny the fact that I haven't been here, and I already addressed this once to you, but I'll do it again. I don't care for this misrepresentation at all. At that point in the game where I was reading, it was like 98% Titus and FJ going back and forth and monopolizing the entire game. I went through as many pages of it as I could before going to bed before the event yesterday, so that I could come back, hopefully, to less of it.

Frozen standing against TTH's semi-policy vote on me is heartwarming, despite how annoyed I am by their back and forths. I don't appreciate this, though:

In post 965, Frozen Jeanne wrote:But I'm kind of surprised that Star show up right after the accusations ...

It wasn't right after.

TTH's #912 posted at 4:48 am. My response, in #952 was at 7:37 am before I took off for the Lego League event yesterday morning. An almost 3 hour time block is not "right after."

Otherwise, I appreciate your questions to TTH in that post.

Elyse's #974 makes me sad.

So most of my town reads want to lynch me based on my inactivity, that's just great.

Ending at the Bottom of Page 39
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

Starting at the Top of Page 40....

I had to go back because I missed RC's claim.

In post 922, RadiantCowbells wrote:Kim Possible, 1-shot neighbourizer.

Lynch TTH. I think Elyse could still easily be scum but there's a standoffishness to TTH here that doesn't mesh at all.

With the size of the player pool, a 1-shot would make sense, especially if he could act as a cop (if we don't have one). However, I can see the side of it being a scum claim, too. It could easily be verifiable, though.

In post 998, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey, let's lynch Suzune friends!

Why?

And why the hell are you self-voting? That is the most anti-town thing to do. Knock it off.

In post 1004, Frozen Jeanne wrote:We have same reads. We just don't have the same personality.

and its not frustration. Its Jeanne usual ATE. Check out one of her town games and you see what I'm saying.

-Frozen

I don't do the meta thing.

In post 1007, Titus wrote:Can we do Starbuck or Firebringer?

Why me?

In post 1014, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think Starbuck's scum in spite of the opportunism of her scumread on me.

It's not opportunism. It's the truth. You voted, multiple times, without giving reasoning or really providing any content.

I see that you claimed your role, FJ. Did you do flavor in the 20 questions portion?

Anddddddddddddd caught up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

Elyse or Elsa? Because I was pretty sure that you claimed Elsa.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, if you could post on your hydra account, that'd be great.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

I don't care for Titus' sudden vote on me in the middle of catching up and adding content. I feel that it's hella weak/opportunistic and that she's admitting to scumreading me for my inactivity all this time. I would like to vote/lynch Titus, but I would want to give a chance for a verifiable action on the overnight on the chance that I'm wrong.

Radiant has, kinda, done a turn around from kinda floating along to being present. The claim, while weak, can also be verified, so I'm not quite sure how I feel there.

And Fire, I felt a turn around on him as I was reading through, especially since he was the only one to seem to direct a question to me about my thoughts and views. You know, rather than throw me on a scumread list because I wasn't here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

Elyse, what am I missing when it comes to RC?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (isolation #30) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1049, RadiantCowbells wrote:I can see many good reasons.

That you've kept close to your chest.

Convince me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

That's not enough. You're purposely being argumentative.

Why is Elyse scum?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

See, RC, that's how you do a concise list of reasons.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (isolation #33) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 974, Elyse wrote:
In post 914, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 911, RadiantCowbells wrote:Then fucking vote me because if you're going to sit and let people vote me without doing anything about it you might as well be doing it yourself.

Quit being a drama queen.

Now that we're down to the wire and weighing lynches, I think Starbuck is far superior to RC or Firebringer because the noise to signal ratio on her is infinitesimally close to zero. The same can't be said of the alternatives. What's more insidious is that Starbuck's is dressed up to look like she's contributing but, in reality, she's not.

I could also vote for Starbuck. I agree with you there.
In post 915, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Now that we're down to the wire and weighing lynches, I think Starbuck is far superior to RC or Firebringer because the noise to signal ratio on her is infinitesimally close to zero. The same can't be said of the alternatives. What's more insidious is that Starbuck's is dressed up to look like she's contributing but, in reality, she's not.

No, screw this.

By saying you don't care about it you're implicitly giving approval to my lynch.

Why? What's your read on me?

VOTE: TTH

This is a shit vote. TTH is so town.

I'm fine with Starbuck or RC or Fire. 1-shot neighborizer could be scum easily and it's not helpful if it's town.

Right here, Elyse.

Why are you fine with my lynch?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

RC, can you not see why, though? Your entrance was pretty terrible. Votes here and there with no reasoning. I mean, as I read you kind of gotten better, but generally, have used your posts to defend yourself and scream about so and so being scum without anything to back it up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1066, Elyse wrote:
In post 1063, RadiantCowbells wrote:@Starbuck
You haven't really done anything that makes me think you're town. But now I only want to lynch RC.

So you didn't read anything of mine? Cool.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

I was really feeling Elyse as town earlier. I really was until she can't back up her, supposed, wanting to lynch me with anything other than "you haven't done anything that makes me think you are town." I have a ton of catch up posts and am open to being interrogated. Elyse isn't even making a move to ask me anything.

I really like what Frozen laid out on her, and given that the other options have verifiable actions. I'm down with this lynch.

VOTE: Elyse
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

A lot of fluff? Like what?

What was rehashed?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1075, Elyse wrote:866 is entirely fluff. Your responses to Jeanne aren't relevant to scumhunting at all. 906 is the same as is 952. You also haven't provided a read on the slot despite talking about FJ in almost every response.

You say it's "anti-town" of people to refuse to answer Firebringer - again, not a stance.

There are bunch of "I agree with people who say this" and "I like this" which aren't helpful.

You said that you didn't like how RC dropped a vote with no content but then said it was null.

The rest of 990 is more complaining about Jeanne. 997 is pointless. It didn't need any more discussion after 992.

The first original thought I see is in 1001 when you said you didn't like Cuddleh taking advantage of Fire's V/LA, but you still haven't taken a stance on their alignment or anyone else's for that matter. The rest of that post is fluff.

Finally we get some reads in 1009. But it's only 2, really. A townread on me (lol) and TTH, and no real read on RC, Cuddleh, FJ, Suzune, and Titus. That's ridiculous.

This: "With the size of the player pool, a 1-shot would make sense, especially if he could act as a cop (if we don't have one). However, I can see the side of it being a scum claim, too. It could easily be verifiable, though."

is a giant waffle.

The rest of it is fluff like "Don't self-vote RC! or "did you flavor claim" despite knowing that FJ already claimed Elsa.

1037 is another giant fencesit. I don't know your stances on like, anyone.

First off, this entire post above is filled to the brim with blatant misrepresentation. I have been posting catch ups all day that you could have responded to and asked me questions, and it's just now that you are going to lodge a bunch of complaints and nastiness, but not ask me any questions or ask me to elaborate? At all? Or is it only now that my read has changed since you are sheeping along with Titus' view that anyone who is inactive is scum?

1. 866 was what? During the crazy 1v1 between Titus and FJ? How much was there to scumhunt amidst all the snark? So yeah, my responses to FJ there are going to be all the lines of "please simmer down" and "can you see how this is not helping the game?"

2. I can see the point on 906 because it was also among Titus vs FJ, and where I definitely needed a break. However, it seems like many folks who were caught up at the time were also having some trouble staying engaged among that immense negativity. There really wasn't much to talk about within those pages.

3. 952 was my response to TTH when they were complaining about how I catch up when I saw it before I went off for the event yesterday morning. So you're basically saying that I shouldn't have defended myself on that?

4. I'm still feeling out FJ. I said in #1009 that I'm having a hard time placing FJ. I can respond and talk to/about them while I'm trying to figure out my read. So what's wrong with that?

5. On the folks not answering Firebringer, you can be town and still act anti-town. It's something that I felt as I was reading and the level of snark was ridiculous when Firebringer was just asking for a summation of what was going on. I don't see anything wrong with noting that there was condescension towards Firebringer in that respect for, really, no reason at all.

6. When I say that "I like" or "I dig" something that someone posted, it's akin to me saying that I feel this action is a town-action. When I say that "I agree," it doesn't necessarily mean that I think they are town, just that I agree with what they have said and I'm glad they voiced their thought, as I might have had I been caught up at the time.

7. I didn't like how RC dropped a vote with no content, but that IS null. Town and scum, both, do that. So what's wrong with me calling that null? It doesn't effect whether or not that I view him as town, at the point, because he hasn't given me enough information to go off of.

8. I don't see 990 as complaining, but more of adding my thoughts to those previously stated or opinions that I think need to be voiced that weren't.

9. I think 997 is just fine. I don't consider scum as town because they aren't. Who are you to say what does and does not need discussion?

10. I think it's unfair to say that my first original thought is in 1001 and that I haven't taken stances. Yes, I've been holding back on revealing my stances, but I want to have all the information (hence, be most of the way caught up before I make them known), which is why you don't see a vote from me until after I have caught up completely. So that statement is completely disingenous of me and misrepresents me completely.

11. I didn't just give two reads in 1009. Quit mispre I gave a prob-town read on Fire, town on you (at this point) and TTH, and a general not sure on RC (which turned into town a bit later). I don't think that having, basically, 4 nulls in a 9 player game is all that bad. It's also why I really don't do reads lists because I usually end up with a larger group of nulls/not sures than either town or scum, especially on Day 1. Just because some others are quick to read the rest of the player list as town or scum, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

12. I can't argue about my comment on RC's role because it is true. That role could be either town or scum. Simple as that.

13. So do you deem me asking questions of people as fluff? I don't get it. Because the only way that I'm going to gain information is to (1) reaction test or (2) ask questions. So I don't understand how you can deem the majority of what I said as fluff, unless you're just trying to, now, push through an opportunistic case because your head is on the chopping block.

14. How is 1037 a fence sit? I reiterated that I felt comfortable with Fire, and that Titus and Radiant have verifiable claims.

So as I said above, why make all these statements? If you need me to elaborate, ask questions so I can elaborate, instead of running through a round of misrepresentation and sheeping of Titus.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1088, Titus wrote:Caught up.

Hate the Elyse wagon. Hate the RC wagon.

Starbuck or Firebringer.

Pick one and only one.

Weak. Still.

Any questions that I can answer? Or are you still operating off inactive=scum mentality?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I'm also not a fan of Titus' open bullying as to who should be lynched today.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

How am I not hunting?

Because all you've even said of me is about my inactivity. No response. No interaction. Nada.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1098, Titus wrote:
In post 1096, Starbuck wrote:I'm also not a fan of Titus' open bullying as to who should be lynched today.

Deal with it.

Nah.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1097, Titus wrote:
@Starbuck, Active lurking and IioA are not scumhunting.

I have cleared everyone else as town and you're not hunting soooo....

I haven't been active lurking at all. I really haven't been here and had the time to sit and complete my catch up UNTIL today, and I was reading through as much as I could.

Additionally, if you actually read what I've had to say, it's not just analysis and fluff as you and Elyse want to portray. I don't understand why it's so hard, if you need/want me to elaborate on a certain point, for the new-gen of players to just ask a question rather than make snarky statements and get all nasty. It doesn't make any sense to me what-so-ever. This is a game of interrogation and information gathering. How do you do that without asking questions?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1103, Titus wrote:You provide content Starbuck, I will engage you.

Either you lynch me or deal with my reads as how I play. Until you two are flipped, I am voting you.

Nice. I see why people blacklist you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Starbuck »

And I just sat here all fucking day giving content that you don't even want to recognize. So what makes me think that you'll consider anything that I say in future if you're already dead set on lynching me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #46) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Starbuck »

No, it's not. You're actively not engaging me when I just gave quite a few posts worth of content because you don't deem me worthy of engagement. So I stated something to get you to engage, thanks for biting.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #47) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1109, Titus wrote:
In post 1106, Starbuck wrote:And I just sat here all fucking day giving content that you don't even want to recognize. So what makes me think that you'll consider anything that I say in future if you're already dead set on lynching me?

I will consider it, in determining who your buddies are. But isn't not scumhunting. Scumhunting is asking questions, OBSERVING, gathering data and lynching based off that data.

I have asked questions but even more observed your behavior.

And if you've read pretty much every one of my catch ups, I have questions in there for people to answer. Ones that I didn't ask are ones that were asking previous to me reading through and I found my answers as I read.

I also have stated observations, as well. So I'm not quite sure how you deem me as not scumhunting.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (isolation #48) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1110, Titus wrote:
In post 1108, Starbuck wrote:No, it's not. You're actively not engaging me when I just gave quite a few posts worth of content because you don't deem me worthy of engagement. So I stated something to get you to engage, thanks for biting.

I don't deem anyone worthy of engagement. The content does.

You willing to bus FB or not?

I don't have any buddies because I'm aligned with the town.

So no, I will not be voting someone who I deem as town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (isolation #49) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

The Elyse/Titus tag team is real.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (isolation #50) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Why isn't it plausible to have FB as a town read? Why isn't plausible that she might not be scum and that you're wrong? The same as you're wrong about me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (isolation #51) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I saw some substance on my read through. It wasn't much, but it was some. Discrediting it as none isn't quite fair.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Now, if you said that about RC, I could agree with that statement.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1120, Titus wrote:
In post 1118, Starbuck wrote:I saw some substance on my read through. It wasn't much, but it was some. Discrediting it as none isn't quite fair.

Facts aren't fair. They just are.

Second, what substance did you think you saw?

780 was pretty good, and just as I read, her general reactions to things didn't ding on my scumdar. I feel that he's asked questions and answered the questions posed to him, but you, Elyse, and Kitteh want to deem her as not scumhunting/engaging when her ISO proves otherwise.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1122, Elyse wrote:1. Your responses to FJ were all fluff that did nothing to sort anyone out. You didn't need to say anything. Bringing up that behavior from Jeanne again was unnecessary.
2. Ok we agree here.
3. I'm not saying you shouldn't have defended yourself but you continued to provide nothing relevant to scumhunting here.
4. Okay fine.
5. Exactly, so what's the point of pointing it out? Again, not relevant to scumhunting.
6. That's fine and I expect that in a catchup except you don't have original content along with it.
7. What's the point of calling it out and saying it's null then? It's just more fluff.
8. None of your additional thoughts were relevant to scumhunting.
9. Again, it contributed absolutely nothing to figuring out everyone else's alignments. Do you see a pattern here?
10. How is it disingenuous to say you haven't taken stances when you said you were holding them back?
11. I don't see a townread on Fire, only a townread on me and TTH. And your not sure on RC isn't a read. It's the same as saying you don't know like you did with Titus, FJ, Suzune, and Cuddleh.
12. It's waffley because you said that A) it would make sense B) could be scum and C) is verifiable all in one sentence. That's saying town, scum, either, or in short, absolutely nothing. It's fluff.
13. Your question to FJ "Did you flavor claim?" was pointless considering it again has nothing to do with scumhunting and you already knew the answer because you said you remembered them claiming Elsa like two posts earlier.
14. Your stance on Titus is "she's scummy but her claim is verifiable so idk yet" which is fine but certainly not a hard stance at all. I don't know how you could argue your stance on RC ISN'T fencesitting. And your "turnaround" on Fire is so weak considering the main issue with him is that he isn't scumhunting.

And I think you're getting too hung up on people and their views on you based on inactivity.
No one is scumreading you because you were inactive.
People formed townreads on most of the active players, leaving people like you and RC as null but definitely not town, so you were still in the lynchpool. Now I am scumreading you because your content has been lackluster, but I wasn't before - I was just not townreading you.

1. Just because you don't think it's necessary doesn't mean that it isn't necessary. I would hope that both players in the FJ hydra could take constructive criticism so that we can ALL enjoy the game. So yes, I felt it was important to state my feelings on her/their behavior.

2. N/A

3. I caught it first thing in the morning when I jumped on the site real quick before heading off yesterday. I spotted TTH's response to me and felt that it needed to be addressed, and a subsequent response added. I get how you can see it as "not scumhunting," but TTH was definitely using that purpose scumhunt me. So, again, tell me why I shouldn't have defended myself or acknowledged it? Given my, now, many other catch up posts.

4. N/A

5. I felt it was pertinent to point it out because of the subtle discrediting of Firebringer that I was feeling by folks either blatantly stating that they weren't going to answer or just plain ignoring her. I think she said it in one of her posts after the Titus vs FJ craziness that the question may have been asked within all that. So she just asked for reiteration and was met with hostility. It was important to note because of the sheer nastiness that FB was met with by, simply, just asking for reiteration. There was no reason for anyone who was questioning her at the time to be that dismissive. You can't ask for folks to scumhunt if you aren't willing to give a little, too, by doing something that simple to move the game along.

6. I disagree. I have original content, and if you feel like you need me to elaborate, why not just ask? Say "why do you like this?" or "can you explain more about why you're not sure of RC?" Fucking engage with me. Don't sit back and complain after my catch up and be vague about why you suspect me when you haven't even asked me anything or asked me to further explain. If you look, my catch ups have quite a number of questions so that I can address and get further reads on those in the game. I've been here since the beginning (as in I started the game with you all), but it's almost like I'm a replacement coming in due to my busyness in the past few weeks and I need to get my own feel for all the players. All that fluff at the beginning did absolutely nada for me.

7. Because as I catch up, I also like to note things that stick out to me. I wanted to note that RC had a succession of naked votes so that when I go back through my ISO later in the game, I have everything at my fingertips and I don't have to bounce around to everyone else's ISOs to find the information that I might be looking for. RC made a naked vote. The action, itself, is null, but it's important to me (as I play) to annotate that in my notes. I share every last bit of my notes within the game because I think it's important for everyone to know that I'm thinking or contemplating because that's how *I* can help my town. I don't sit there and say "I'm cool with a Starbuck lynch because reasons" and keep everything behind the veil until I'm at L-2.

8. Not every post must be relevant to scumhunting, but I also want to state my feelings on what has already gone on and my current thoughts, as I said above. Hence "catch up."

9. Again, it was further explanation of my response to Titus just like two posts up from that. Why do you seem to not care about the fact that I am responding to different people? That's also part of the game.

10. I did hold back on revealing them because I wanted to be caught up, but I didn't think that I was blatantly hiding them. I figured my responses to different folks, liking/disliking posts, etc would give an idea as I was reading through. Or maybe I just had more hope in the rest of the player list to actually read my posts and not take them at face value.

11. I just told you that I had a prob-town read on Fire. Here, I'll even quote it.

In post 1009, Starbuck wrote:As of right now, at this point in my read, I was seeing what others were saying about you and I, wholeheartedly, dislike the deflection and sheer laziness of the reads list that you gave when asked.
However, your 780 gave me a bit more confidence in you as possibly town.

My not sure on RC was more null-leaning town than null-leaning scum. I still think there's a chance for RC to be scum given their role. So it's not the same as my absolute nut sures on the other 4 to me.

12. It's not fluff. It's my opinion on his role, which I went back and looked for after I spotted Kitteh's Post #975 where they ask "I'm curious that no one is talking about and/or curious about RC's neighbourizer claim. Does it hold little value to everyone?" I was just answering the question because it seemed like Kitteh was looking for input from the player list and not specific people.

13. It had everything to do with scumhunting because I was curious if their flavor lined up with their role. It took me a sec to remember that they were, in fact, Elsa. It's not a damnable offense.

14. I don't like Titus right now because she's quite literally sitting on the fact that she called me scum multiple times throughout the game so far because of my inactivity and is now leaning back on that because she's not happy with my input. Well, there's an easy fix to that, she could engage with me and ask questions, but she'd rather the both of you tag team me with more and more misrepresentation RATHER than just ask me a question. You, both, are making assumptions left and right and just ignoring the simple fact of asking a question. I find assumptions to be scummy. It would be more of a town action to ask a question.

On her role, yeah, I'm very unsure of her because she's also come off as pretty abrasive to me, but not as emotional as FJ, so it's a little more tolerable. However, knowing my own alignment, it's frustrating to have her automatically deem me as scum without even asking me anything or asking me to elaborate. You and I are interacting right now, which is great. Finally, someone to respond to, but you are taking my words and twisting them all around and it feels like you aren't even listening to what I have to say.

I feel like there is a tag team between you and Titus. I would not be surprised if there is scum in one or both of you with how hard you both are coming at me right now. If not that, then definitely a play style clash. You don't like what I'm doing because it isn't what either of you would do. That's fine, but I think you ought to remember that there are many ways to play this game. What I'm feeling right now isn't just pressure. This feels like you both taking the easy route because I haven't been here so you can write off my absence as active lurking, and my catch ups as "not scumhunting."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1138, RadiantCowbells wrote:Just about the only bad thing about the slot I can think of is that her scumread on me during the catchup seemed very opportunistic with a wagon so far along on me.

I like her because she's focused on reading others even when under pressure, she doesn't seem to be afraid to make waves by attacking the town's mentality WRT Titus bullying and such, and I don't generally see the case against her. You're welcome to make one.

She's not exactly my bank townread but I'm not close to scumreading her either. Also, I'm heavily scumreading 3 other slots even besides yourself (Suz, FB, Cuddly) so it doesn't interest me at all.

You keep misrepresenting what I said about you as a scumread. I didn't like what you did, but I didn't firmly put you in a scum pile or say that I read you as scum. Just read above, I haven't been sure on you, but you definitely haven't been in my "OMG THIS IZ TEH SCUMZ" pile.

In post 1129, Starbuck wrote:My not sure on RC was more null-leaning town than null-leaning scum. I still think there's a chance for RC to be scum given their role. So it's not the same as my absolute not sures on the other 4 to me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

RC, are you really going to sheep along with Titus? She should give a case today, rather than to set things up how she wants them tomorrow.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

Tell me about your views on Cuddly and Suzune. I've seen you talk about them, but really didn't know your reasoning behind them.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1162, TellTaleHeart wrote:I can't.
Which is exactly the point.

Starbuck uses a lot of words and takes up a lot of space making dry comments about events, but they aren't particularly informative of Starbuck's methods to form reads. When you try to dig into the meat of her content, I find that the reads themselves are either woefully unsupported or just downright awful like that Elyse vote.

In post 1163, RadiantCowbells wrote:So you're saying that most of what she posts is just shallow, reactive commentary?

In post 1164, TellTaleHeart wrote:Precisely

It's like TTH hasn't read a thing of what I've written, as long as many others. I feel like my entire day of catching up and getting into the game yesterday was just a fucking waste.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

EDBWOP: "as well as many others."

Not "as long."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (isolation #60) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1178, Suzune wrote:
In post 1129, Starbuck wrote:3. I caught it first thing in the morning when I jumped on the site real quick before heading off yesterday. I spotted TTH's response to me and felt that it needed to be addressed, and a subsequent response added. I get how you can see it as "not scumhunting," but TTH was definitely using that purpose scumhunt me. So, again, tell me why I shouldn't have defended myself or acknowledged it? Given my, now, many other catch up posts.
I misunderstand this one. Are you suggesting that TTH knew that you coud not be online and chose that moment to attack you. Or are you claiming that you are aware you are not scum hunting and therefore understand the suspicion on you. It is one or the other and they are very different please clarify.

In post 1129, Starbuck wrote:6. I disagree. I have original content, and if you feel like you need me to elaborate, why not just ask? Say "why do you like this?" or "can you explain more about why you're not sure of RC?" Fucking engage with me. Don't sit back and complain after my catch up and be vague about why you suspect me when you haven't even asked me anything or asked me to further explain. If you look, my catch ups have quite a number of questions so that I can address and get further reads on those in the game. I've been here since the beginning (as in I started the game with you all), but it's almost like I'm a replacement coming in due to my busyness in the past few weeks and I need to get my own feel for all the players. All that fluff at the beginning did absolutely nada for me.
I find being a replacement who is replacing in as scum is the worst because it is hard to think of original things to say to someone because you are busy trying to catch up and look normal. That is what you look like to me. You should not need our help to engage because you should be curious about us to so please do not place the blame on everyone.

Otherwise, I feel like your post has a lot of words in it, but it does not really say very much.

p-edit, I always suspected you were the hottest dragon around~

1. Very much the second because I was reading through to catch up and to actually get some reads because I had none when I started. I can understand the suspicion, but on the other side, I wasn't anywhere near being done with my catch up. I could, maybe, understand it if I was completely caught up, but I wasn't....at all. So she made that call on one catch up post and on the one where the majority of the pages that I read were the Titus/FJ 1v1 that were making my eyes bleed. So really, it just seems that she was attacking me for being slow on catching up/not liking how I catch up, than for anything concrete, and now, she's stating that I'm shallow which is akin to mollie saying that my posts, in the now-finished Prozac Large Game, were "surface" when I'm giving y'all all that I got.

2. I don't feel that I look like that at all, that's why I'm having such a hard time seeing that from all of your sides. I mean, I know I was largely absent and if you guys need some picture/video proof of the amount of robotics events and event preparation over the past few weeks that I've been accomplishing, I will provide it. I don't need anyone's help to engage because I've asked a number of questions and gave responses throughout my catch up that I would have thought people would respond to. Likewise, I would hope after my catch up that folks would have questions of me to further get a read on me (in real time) rather than through my catch up posts. I guess I had more faith in the player list, than the player list has in me.

Additionally, and maybe it's my old school-MS self, I had thought if folks needed me to elaborate or needed further information, they would just ask me a question (as Firebringer did), rather than make assumptions, use snark, etc. I think that's part of the difference between new school and old school players, more snark and more assumptions, less interrogation. So I'm starting to think that this may just be a play style clash, and if this is truly the road that MS has taken, I might have to just not play here anymore (even though I just came back from a 2 1/2 year hiatus in November). No AtE, but this isn't the first game that I've faced this level of snark and this level of just sheer disdain because I asked to be interrogated and not have assumptions made when all that needs to happen are questions.

So how do I change that perception if in, now, two games, I'm being looked at horribly because, apparently, you guys just don't like the way that I play?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1199, Suzune wrote:
In post 1197, Starbuck wrote:So really, it just seems that she was attacking me for being slow on catching up/not liking how I catch up, than for anything concrete, and now, she's stating that I'm shallow which is akin to mollie saying that my posts, in the now-finished Prozac Large Game, were "surface" when I'm giving y'all all that I go
I regret to inform you that this is not a new thing. It will happen all the time on mafiascum, if you cannot keep up or be active people will dislike it. When you say you are caught up but aren't people will attack for not knowing things you would have known if caught up. I do not think it is unfair for her to question you.

In post 1197, Starbuck wrote:I don't feel that I look like that at all, that's why I'm having such a hard time seeing that from all of your sides. I mean, I know I was largely absent and if you guys need some picture/video proof of the amount of robotics events and event preparation over the past few weeks that I've been accomplishing, I will provide it.
I am uncertain why you are so frustrated? It matters not whether you actually had those events, what matters is that we are looking to read you and have little to go on. With little information and none of it scum hunting but just catching up, it is hard for us to reach conclusions on your slot. How long would you have us wait for answers and reads on you?

I will tell you the honest truth. It is hard to make assumptions on catch up posts, because they look at old information while the game has mostly moved onward.

1. But she didn't question me, that's the point. There were no questions. I WASN'T caught up and she knew that.

2. I'd like y'all to have reads on me, but not for the fact of just my catch up posts. I think that's lazy. That's why I gave opinions on what I saw as I caught up and asked questions of folks as I caught up, as well, because I had hoped the same would be returned to me so as I am working out my reads on those who I am completely unsure of, you guys can work out reads on me. Instead, it's a bunch of "let's lynch Starbuck because inactivity" which then turned to "Starbuck's not scumhunting" because you just don't like what I've posted and I'm an easy target because I've been absent. And yes, shade was thrown my way while I was still in the catch up process. Frozen Jeanne pointed it out, as I think RC did, too.

Not to mention, that the same case that's being used on FB is being used on me. I think the whole thing on FB, folks saying that he isn't scumhunting, is lazy, too. I saw scumhunting in my catch up, and maybe that's just because it's all fresh for me, but I saw it and that's why my vote isn't there. He might not be posting as much as FJ, but I think he's given some insight that is being looked over.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (isolation #62) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Additionally, is no one else picking up on the Elyse/Titus tag team that's been going on? The fact that they are just totally parroting what the other says and going balls to the wall on anyone who gets in their way?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (isolation #63) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1207, Titus wrote:@Starbuck,

When you stop whining about being caught, that's when I will interact with you.

Who is down for drunk Titus?

I'm not caught. When you get off that high horse of yours, maybe we can have some true interactions.

Your arrogance over your reads is unbecoming when I, at least, know you're wrong about one.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I was gonna drink, then Space X landed their rocket on the landing pad at Cape Canaveral and now, I'm too hyped to care.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1236, Titus wrote:Wait mollie joined this game?

No, Prozac's game just ended. I can talk about it now.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (isolation #66) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1240, Titus wrote:
In post 1238, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1236, Titus wrote:Wait mollie joined this game?

No, but my assessment of the type of posts Starbuck is making this game is very similar to mollie's apparent characterization in another game.

It makes me reconsider the read now that I've seen that.

?? Context I don't know what your talking about?

Mollie was saying that my posts in Prozac's game, towards the beginning, were "surface" and "not worth reading." At one point, she said "every time when I read 1 of your posts blood seeps out of every orifice of my body cos I think they are mindbleedingly awful."

The way that TTH is coming at me about how I post is almost on point to the way mollie was coming at me. Most of that was said before she loverized me on Night 1, and we were kept alive until late in the game because everyone was townreading mollie, but scumreading me. We both turned out to be town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (isolation #67) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I hate meta/outside influences, but the similarity is rather uncanny.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (isolation #68) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Well, I still have a town read on you despite how disappointed I am that you are focusing on something so petty. I had hoped, beyond hope, that you were going to end up being one of the more levelheaded players. At least, that's the feeling that I got prior to you jumping on me because you don't like how I post or how quickly that I caught up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1248 (isolation #69) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1247, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1242, Starbuck wrote:Mollie was saying that my posts in Prozac's game, towards the beginning, were "surface" and "not worth reading." At one point, she said "every time when I read 1 of your posts blood seeps out of every orifice of my body cos I think they are mindbleedingly awful."

That seems uncharacteristically harsh for mollie. :S

I can get you direct links if you would like.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (isolation #70) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

Dammit, Firebringer.

I guess this means scrum really want my mislynch today.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (isolation #71) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

Nope.

If I was scum, I wouldn't be that stupid.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (isolation #72) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

Seriously, FJ, if you're town, you're doing EXACTLY what scum wants you to do.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (isolation #73) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1271, Jeanne11 wrote:Titus had you in her lynch pool and she was town. That alone is enough for me.

Why? Why is that enough?

Why are you not looking outside the box and taking all possibilities into consideration?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (isolation #74) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1292, RadiantCowbells wrote:I could also see Elyse as scum but I'm thinking otherwise atm because I'm not sure if she'd pull off a bus like that.

With Elyse being the competing wagon, and now knowing that Firebringer was scum, that puts her as more likely to be town for me now.

I let Firebringer fool me, like I like MattP/StrangerCoug fool me in Prozac's last large game. I'm not happy about it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (isolation #75) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1297, RadiantCowbells wrote:Who wants to policy Jeanne?

Let's not fall back to policy lynches. We're better than this.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (isolation #76) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1300, Frozen Jeanne wrote:And you need to cut down on your ego if you want to accomplish anything.

Pot kettle black.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (isolation #77) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1308, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1307, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1271, Jeanne11 wrote:Titus had you in her lynch pool and she was town. That alone is enough for me.

Why? Why is that enough?

Why are you not looking outside the box and taking all possibilities into consideration?

suzune vote please.

Why?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (isolation #78) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1310, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1292, RadiantCowbells wrote:I could also see Elyse as scum but I'm thinking otherwise atm because I'm not sure if she'd pull off a bus like that.

With Elyse being the competing wagon, and now knowing that Firebringer was scum, that puts her as more likely to be town for me now.

I let Firebringer fool me, like I like MattP/StrangerCoug fool me in Prozac's last large game. I'm not happy about it.

*....like I let MattP/StrangerCoug fool me....
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (isolation #79) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Starbuck »

Suzune is one that flew under the radar for me yesterday. I'm going to take a look through her ISO.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (isolation #80) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Starbuck »

Well, let's relax a minute. This isn't a Blitz game. We can take some time to weigh things out and discuss.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (isolation #81) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1322, TellTaleHeart wrote:My lynch pool is Starbuck and Suzune too, I was debating between investigating them last night. I'm more inclined to think it's Starbuck for a few reasons that I'll go into tonight.

Lawl, of course, you do.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (isolation #82) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

I know this is a girls game, but seriously, this site wide snark that's kind of taken over games is ridiculous.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1395 (isolation #83) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

A Christmas lynch would be awesome.

Let's do it.

VOTE: Starbuck
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (isolation #84) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1399, Frozen Jeanne wrote:Well, I am a little biased against you. Because you stole the spot. The spot that I wanted. In this game. The game I was preparing to sign-up into for a week.

Why didn't you just pre-in?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (isolation #85) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Starbuck »

UNVOTE: Starbuck

Like I'd let you have it that easy.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (isolation #86) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1404, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1403, Starbuck wrote:UNVOTE: Starbuck

Like I'd let you have it that easy.

That a scum claim?

Fuck no. Town til I die.

Mega insight post coming.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (isolation #87) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Starbuck »

So if I am the lynch for today, I guess I'll give some of my insight. I like to reaction test and sometimes, I hang back a little just to see how those turn out. It's how I like to read people, and see who jumps on the easy/opportunistic train (such as a me lynch vs looking at the others around them). Also, since I came back to MS last month, I've noticed quite a change in the overall atmosphere of the site. Much more snark, much less civil conversation in games. That irks me because at the end of the day, this is just a game and there are real people on the other side of the monitor. There's no need for the BS that I've been seeing in this game and others. To say that I'm disappointed would be an understatement, but this is a conversation for another time.

So onto how I feel about whom...

I still feel TTH as town, although since I've caught up with the game, the majority of their time has been focused on tunneling me. Originally because they didn't like my catch up posts (similar to Espy in Porochaz's game that just ended and where Espy flipped scum) and now just kinda carrying that torch with the lie detector. I know that I am aligned with the town and that I win when the town wins. Additionally, RC said that her power failed on TTH. I think that's an uber important point to consider given that TTH, apparently, targeted me and RC? We're still waiting for her to come back with more info.

I'm still not a fan of how easily Elyse tag-teamed along with Titus. Given that she was the competing wagon with a scum wagon, though, I feel that she's less likely to be town due to that. Not so much her gameplay and how much she parroted Titus. I mean, she sat there accusing me of not scumhunting, but never seemed to come to the table with a thought that Titus didn't have first. If possible, she should be looked into in some way or another.

Frozen Jeanne's flip flop is annoying to me because yesterday, they were all gung-ho with defending me and pointing out factors about the case on me that were just off the wall. Now, it's like "oh, Titus died on the overnight? It must be Starbuck!" No considering of any of the other five players in the game who could have just set that up for an easy mislynch of me today. It's a strange turn-around, and I'd hoped, given their support yesterday, that they would be more open-minded and less tunnel-vision. Ironic, given their constant accusations yesterday of being tunneled by Titus.

Suzune, to me, is just weird. I feel a weird, floating along of her. Kind of popping in to give some words and popping back out, but staying low on the radar. Something that stuck out to me yesterday was her high praise of Titus (i.e. "everyone has a high opinion of Titus") or letting Titus know that she's trying to do something less because Suzune knows that it annoys Titus. It feels like buddying, and then she hopped along that train with Elyse and Titus stating that my big posts (that took me hella long to write and compose) were filled with nada. She's continuing on that train today. I mean, folks want to say that I don't have any original thoughts, have they taken a glance through Suzune's ISO? She feels like that girl standing behind Titus and Elyse going "Oh yeah, what you say?" when you know she's not the one who's going to take a punch to the face when the fight starts.

As for RC, I'm glad to see that their contribution has gotten better. RC is the only one on the player list that seemed to give me a fair chance, and looked past inactivity and actually could see things from my POV. Usually, this is the type of person that I swear is town and turns out to be scum. RC, if you do that to me, I'm going to be heartbroken. If possible, I'd proxy my vote to RC. Also, I like how upfront that RC has been about their power. TTH came in and kinda vaguely gave their results, with some kind of "I'll talk about it later" thing. RC just laid it out. That's to be commended.

I wish Cuddly would be around more because I'm back to kind of being lost on them.

Additionally, I think Titus should be proud of fingering Firebringer, but of the two of us, the only one that she is correct about is him. I think it's ignorant to automatically assume that inactive=scum, and I hope that's something she'll take away from this game when my alignment is finally revealed. Like I've said many times before inactivity is a null tell, not a scum tell. I'm frankly disappointed in quite the few of you who want to use this as a reason to lynch me because it all stems back to that. Your opinions were made up (at least in the minds of TTH and Elyse), and I hope that's something y'all take away from this game.

That said....

VOTE: Suzune
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (isolation #88) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Starbuck »

That should be....

Elyse is less likely to be scum due to being the competing wagon with a mafia member.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (isolation #89) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1409, Elyse wrote:That post is full of so many misreps I don't know where to start.

1) I didn't parrot Titus
2) NO ONE IS SCUMREADING YOU FOR INACTIVITY. STOP SAYING THIS. IT'S WRONG.
3) I was the one who pushed Fire before anyone else and if you seriously think I hardbussed my only buddy straight out of the gate then you should reevaluate. It seems to me you're just casting doubt on everyone.

You are conflating your scum reads with who you like.

@everyone
Thoughts on mass claim?

@TTH
Waiting on your thoughts on why your action and RC's action failed.

You parroted Titus ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day.

I counted, at least, three yesterday. Yourself included.

Where are there misreps in my post? I was reading ISOs as I wrote it. I can give you direct quotes.

I'm not conflating my reads at all. Man, for someone who doesn't like misrepresentation you sure do it a lot.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (isolation #90) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Prod received.

@RC - I'm fine with a massclaim. One of y'all who already claimed should pick who goes first.

In post 1412, Elyse wrote:Show me where I parroted Titus. Yeah I want the quotes.

And you totally are conflating. RC "gave you a chance" so you're more willing to townread him and big bad Elyse who said you didn't produce original content could still be scum even though she should be obvtown for anyone paying attention.

I'll show you some examples after I catch up through this.

I'm not conflating at all. I do find issue with folks not being able to put themselves in someone else's shoes, and consider the possibility that they are wrong. Absolute certainty in a game filled with uncertainty is scummy. Not acknowledging that you have a slightest chance of being wrong makes me mistrust you, and it's what made me mistrust Titus.

In post 1433, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Yep totally my reads must be totally terrible considering NK was my highest top tier townread and the D1 flipped scum was in my scum reads.

This is WIFOM at best.

In post 1468, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1459, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I don't really get where the case on Fire is coming from at this point. I see accusations of him not reading, but I can't really blame him for not reading given the word vomit of the past however many pages to this point.

seems like the least damning.

The defense where she
misstates the case presented against him
is the
least
damning?

What standard are you using for that?

Can you tell me how I misstated the case? I said I didn't get it, which means I didn't understand it at that point. No one jumped in to correct me or to explain why they felt the way that they felt about Firebringer. This is what I'm talking about when I was saying that no one was interacting with me or even trying to talk with me because you all threw me in the scum pile the minute that you read my catch up posts because you all felt like I wasn't scumhunting.

I mean, shit, even some of the reasoning on myself was kept vague, like in the realm of Titus, and it was the weakest shit ever. I wasn't scumhunting? I was trying to work out reads on everyone. I was asking questions within my catch up (to which many did not answer or just ignored) and trying to conversate with everyone so I could get an idea of who I felt was scum or town, but you know, I'm accused of "not scumhunting" because you guys just didn't like how I did my catch up or the fact that it took me so long to complete it. That's a really shitty way of going about things and reading through you as I caught up, and getting my town read, I had expected so much better. I've been disappointed that you fell right in along that abysmal B.S.

In post 1263, farside22 wrote:Firebringer (5) cuddly,
titus
, RC, elyse, frozen Jeanne

Looking at the lynch from yesterday, someone onboard this train has to be bussing. With my feelings of town on RC and a little less so on Elyse (just given the fact that she was the counterwagon) and FJ, I think the lone scum on this train is probably Cuddly. This, coupled with the fact that they don't want to massclaim until D3, makes me a bit uneasy.

I'm still standing firm behind my Suzune case, as my number one scum read, though.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (isolation #91) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1483, Frozen Jeanne wrote:go on sturbuck. tell us your role.

In post 1486, Elyse wrote:Starbuck goes first

Going first because FJ asked, and NOT because Elyse has been pushing it (which I find pretty scummy).

I'm just a VT.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (isolation #92) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Oh, I should add my flavor.

I'm Starbuck from BSG because I've never been my favorite character before.

So you assume that VT means Vanilla Townie, Elyse?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (isolation #93) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Anything else that it could stand for?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (isolation #94) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1496, Elyse wrote:No

At all?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (isolation #95) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Well, since Elyse isn't so quick on the uptake. I just went with initials because I knew that she was going to pull some B.S. about me lying.

I'm a Vengeful Townie.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1500 (isolation #96) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1499, RadiantCowbells wrote:Work for lynches?

Yep.

Hence, my self vote.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (isolation #97) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I think you're going to find any reason to push my lynch, no matter what. So we're at a stalemate, toots.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1504 (isolation #98) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

If you think I'm lying, vote me and find out.

Do you volunteer as tribute?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (isolation #99) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

That last one was to Elyse.

Yep, I get a choice, but now that I'm out, I think it would make sense to lynch me today.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (isolation #100) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1506, RadiantCowbells wrote:There's 0 reason to lynch you before LyLo.

Even with a chance of NK tonight?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1516 (isolation #101) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1513, Elyse wrote:
In post 1504, Starbuck wrote:If you think I'm lying, vote me and find out.

Do you volunteer as tribute?

If you shoot me you're dumb so yes

You're the one who is doubting my claim. I just wanna prove it to ya, and what a better way than shooting you in the face.

You know Starbuck has great aim, fyi.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (isolation #102) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1514, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Protects/roleblocks TTH.

My pm says nothing about stopping every single action performed on said player.

TTH targeted RC, if I am correct.

I've always assumed that JK, essentially, puts the target out of play. Hence, no one can target them and they can't target anyone.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (isolation #103) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1521, Elyse wrote:Shooting someone you actually think is scum would be a better way.

Well, duh. Are you gonna drop the bit and actually focus on scum, now, or continue to disparage me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1527 (isolation #104) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1519, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1514, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Protects/roleblocks TTH.

My pm says nothing about stopping every single action performed on said player.

TTH targeted RC, if I am correct.

I've always assumed that JK, essentially, puts the target out of play. Hence, no one can target them and they can't target anyone.

No, I'm wrong. I'm tired.

TTH lie detected my post and was blocked from doing so by the JK.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (isolation #105) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1526, Elyse wrote:P-edit: How am I disparaging you? You're threatening to shoot me and I'm showing you that it would be stupid if you did.

You've been disparaging me all frakking game. Are you kidding me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (isolation #106) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

My choices were Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica), Zoe Washburne (Firefly), and Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones).
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (isolation #107) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1534, Elyse wrote:
In post 1530, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1526, Elyse wrote:P-edit: How am I disparaging you? You're threatening to shoot me and I'm showing you that it would be stupid if you did.

You've been disparaging me all frakking game. Are you kidding me?

There's a difference between disparaging you and your posts. I was doing the latter. Chill.

I am chill and I know the difference between ad hom and not ad hom. You've been balls to the wall at me this whole time (game wise), and could never think to go "hmmm, maybe she's playing this way for a reason." Like maybe to draw the lynch?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (isolation #108) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not arguing that RC. If that's the plan we want to go with, that's fine. I'm just concerned about drawing the NK.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (isolation #109) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Can someone explain ascetic to me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (isolation #110) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1577, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why would JK!Cuddly block the lie detector claim.

Because they want an easy mislynch of me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (isolation #111) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1580, RadiantCowbells wrote:I meant JK.

AKA town aligned.

Or they thought TTH had a chance of being the NK?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (isolation #112) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1588, CuddlyKitteh wrote:Starbuck

pick one or the other.

you can not have it your own way.

Also pls stop calling yourself a mislynch because I swear to god that i hear that word used one more time this game i'll scream.

What do you mean pick one or the other? I, originally, thought that RC was referring to your claim as a scum claim, so I gave a possible reasoning there. Setting me up as a mislynch for town makes perfect sense. RC, then, corrected me and I gave a reasoning for you to JK TTH if you are town. Simmer down, my friend.

And I'll call myself a mislynch all day long because that's what I'll be even when it's done for a strategic reason.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (isolation #113) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Everyone's cycles have to be synced at this point. That's the only way to describe this game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1614 (isolation #114) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

Oh, it kills me that Cuddly doesn't seem to acknowledge that VT can also stand for Vengeful Townie. Hence, why I claimed that way. Guess I'm not allowed any fun.

Being too serious is boring.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (isolation #115) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1620, Suzune wrote:
In post 1614, Starbuck wrote:Oh, it kills me that Cuddly doesn't seem to acknowledge that VT can also stand for Vengeful Townie. Hence, why I claimed that way. Guess I'm not allowed any fun.

Being too serious is boring.
This is totally a bizarre defense. I have never seen it mean vengeful townie before unless I knew the game had vengeful's in it. VT almost always means vanilla townie, why can you do accept that? I would have assume vanilla too, it is almost deceitful. In fact it would be better for you to hide it in my opinion and use it as your ace...

I do accept that. Hence, the joke.

Goodness me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1624 (isolation #116) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

VOTE: Cuddly
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1638 (isolation #117) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

It sucks being wrong about Firebringer, but Cuddly wasn't digging herself out of that hole.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (isolation #118) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

It says in the mod notes.

In post 25, farside22 wrote:Night 1 Actions:

TTH uses lie dector to check:
TellTaleHeart wrote:Subject: Micro 557 - Badass female u-pick - night 1

Starbuck wrote:I am town.

I am a member of the town.

I am aligned with the town.

I win when all anti-town elements no longer exist.

I would like to run the lie detection on this post, please. :3

-TTH

Action fails due to JK

Elyse motivates TTH - action fails due to JK

Titus sends BB pic to Radient Cowbell
Radient Cowbell neighborize with TTH - action fails due to JK

Malakittens: JK TTH and kills Titus
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (isolation #119) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

Cuddly made the mistake of saying that the JK wasn't a normal one that stops actions as well as kills. I'm sure if she had just came out with "yeah, I JK'd TTH" and left it at that, we all just would have went "ahhh, JK blocked the actions."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1658 (isolation #120) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1651, RadiantCowbells wrote:Nah, the original case was just that I didn't like how she was scumreading me and Starbuck just for being absentee.

Yep, that's why I kept stating that it was a null tell because it is. Wrong on both counts.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (isolation #121) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1649, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1648, Mad King Ashnard wrote:She was pushing on me and it made me very unhappy.

gg

Who is Mad King?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1668 (isolation #122) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1664, RadiantCowbells wrote:
P sure that Starbuck/RC/Fire are all scum btw.

It's pretty clear, considering that they've all been inactive.

determined that that was a lie.

Starbuck likes this.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1675 (isolation #123) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 611, Elyse wrote:
In post 583, Suzune wrote:
Elyse I find it interesting that you only write long posts that have scumhunting in them when they are about fire. Almost all your posts so far have been about fire. It is an interesting observation, otherwise your posting style is not my favourite because you look locked in something and that seems so not townie to me. So how you feeling about other people?

I am townreading everyone else except RC and Starbuck.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”