Mason
Mason
Executioner
Mafia: Mafia rolecop,
The Mathemakitten, Mewling Mafia Matrix Mogul
Alien:
2-shot rolecop, 1-shot bulletproof, voice of reason
That's what me and plot came up with when I firat thought of the idea
Plotinus also suggested replacing voice of reason with his get a room mechaninc from slavic music mafia, but I don't really want to do that.
This setup is semi-open since everyone knows it's only using roles plotinus has had
Last edited by Yimmy on Tue May 17, 2016 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Post by pisskop »

. Ill be here tonight more.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Plotinus »

commenting to say that none of this was my idea (i'm not that egotistical lol) but i don't object to it.

my own thoughts about the setup:

the mafia and the alien either need to have fakeclaims or it should be somewhat randomised which alignment has which ability. What happens on day 1 if they do a massclaim? what does the mafia claim? what does the alien claim? The game could be over on page 1 if this isn't addressed.

The mathemakitten was a bus driver kind of thing except it was more powerful than that: I could redirect as many actions as I wanted to whoever I wanted, but if anyone didn't have a night action / didn't use a night action then the entire thing would fail. the role pm was here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7145402

The alien role pm was here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p7142177

It might be better to put some VTs and goons in and leave out some of the PRs. :/

I've finished some games since yimmy first had this idea (it was before he started modding his mini normal), but I was goons in most of them. i was an arsonist in titus' game and on day 1 i could choose whether to be 1-shot godfather or 1-shot bulletproof.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Plotinus »

hi pisskop!

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:14 am

Post by vonflare »

might a massclaim break the setup?

I mean, how many roles has plotinus had?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Yimmy »

yeah alright so this is not gonna be a role madness at all because then a massclaim would indeed break the setup
maybe replace the bodyguard, bulletproof, and executioner with VTs and give those to the mafia and alien as fakeclaims
and actually 2 rolecops is entirely uneccesary so I think I'll change the mafia rolecop to a goon
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... 2015_Games

5 goon
1 rolecop
1 mathemakitten (bus driver that can bus drive as many people as you want but if you bus drive someone without a night action then the entire ability fails)

1 arsonist
1 2-shot rolecop 1-shot bp voice of reason

2 masons
5 vt
1 1-shot executioner (can hammer someone who is at L-2)
1 bodyguard
1 bulletproof
1 tracker

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by pisskop »

-4 Town
1 Tracker
1 Bulletproof
1 Bodyguard

-2 Mason
2 Mason
1 Executioner

- Mafia
1 Mafia rolecop,
1 The Mathemakitten, Mewling Mafia Matrix Mogul

- Alien
1 2-shot rolecop
1 1-shot bulletproof, voice of reason

Im confused. Can you lit the setup like this an explain the powers?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 6, Plotinus wrote:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... 2015_Games

5 goon
1 rolecop
1 mathemakitten (bus driver that can bus drive as many people as you want but if you bus drive someone without a night action then the entire ability fails)

1 arsonist
1 2-shot rolecop 1-shot bp voice of reason

2 masons
5 vt
1 1-shot executioner (can hammer someone who is at L-2)
1 bodyguard
1 bulletproof
1 tracker

OKay. So this.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by pisskop »

The bus driver sounds swingy, but its risk/reward really evens it out. Can I bus P1 with P2, and then P1 with P3, to create a triangle?

I dont know what a voice of reason is.

The modified 1shot double voter is neat.

7 scum, 1 sk, 11 town.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by pisskop »

And does the bus driver fail if the person w/o a na fail if they target chooses not to act but could?
And Also theres not a lot of PRs so it seems like a relatively weak role.

Besides that there are a lot of scum.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 9, pisskop wrote:The bus driver sounds swingy, but its risk/reward really evens it out. Can I bus P1 with P2, and then P1 with P3, to create a triangle?
In post 2, Plotinus wrote:The mathemakitten was a bus driver kind of thing except it was more powerful than that: I could redirect as many actions as I wanted to whoever I wanted, but if anyone didn't have a night action / didn't use a night action then the entire thing would fail. the role pm was here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7145402
I think no triangle. p1's original action redirects to p2, p2's original action can redirect to player 3, player 3's original action can redirect to player 1, but you can't redirect player 1's original action to player 2 and player 3. and if any of those 3 didn't have an action the whole thing fails.

pisskop wrote:I dont know what a voice of reason is.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 10, pisskop wrote:Besides that there are a lot of scum.

it's a pool to choose from. some roles should be crossed out. he's only eligible to host a 13 player mini theme, and there are 20 potential roles.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by pisskop »

So they are a topic restrictor, but they must get a portion of the town/scum to publically agree to get them to stop talking about it.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Plotinus »

yeah. it's useful for shutting down those 20 page arguments that nobody cares about. in the micro we played in, it never got the required number of votes, BUT people voting for people to shut up about stuff had the desired effect (people shut up and moved on).

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by pisskop »

How would the roles be drawn/handed out?

If only 13 can be choosen.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by pisskop »

Thats 2 scum 1 sk or 3 scum.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I think yimmy wants to create a balancedish fun-to-play setup from this pool of roles. so probably keeping the funnest roles and discarding some of the boring ones but hopefully giving each side has a decent chance of winning, with decent fakeclaims available to the scum (so can't just discard all the VT/goon roles).

Or roles could be not alignment indicative entirely? (but I don't think yimmy liked that idea).

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by pisskop »

1 Serial Killer
- 1 1shot bp SK voice of reason (or executor)

2 Mafia
- 1 2-shot rolecop
- 1 mathematician

10 Town
- 6 VT
- 1 Tracker
- 1 roleblocker/stopper
- 1 1shot executioner/gladiator
- 1 compulsive fruit vendor
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by pisskop »

That gives the bus driver a 7/13 chance of being right.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Yimmy »

In post 17, Plotinus wrote:I think yimmy wants to create a balancedish fun-to-play setup from this pool of roles. so probably keeping the funnest roles and discarding some of the boring ones but hopefully giving each side has a decent chance of winning, with decent fakeclaims available to the scum (so can't just discard all the VT/goon roles).

Or roles could be not alignment indicative entirely? (but I don't think yimmy liked that idea).

This is exactly right.

I don't really see anything wrong with pisskops setup.
I think bulletproof would be a great fakeclaim for the alien, but I don't really know what to give the 2 mafia for fakeclaims. I mean, maybe I could give them both mason fakeclaims but that's not really a good idea at all I'm pretty sure?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:01 am

Post by pisskop »

poke

I was just setting out an example. You dont have to take it to heart, but I wouldnt be sad if you did :D
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by vonflare »

alternatively, you could replace the sk with an arsonist and give the town a little less power to compensate
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Yimmy »

Arsonist is a terrible role for minis
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Plotinus »

- 1 roleblocker/stopper
- 1 1shot executioner/gladiator
- 1 compulsive fruit vendor

the only one of these i've been in a completed game is the 1-shot executioner.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”