The Mass Effect thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

I hate Drell Adept and I'm having a very hard time playing an Infiltrator since both of my sniper rifles suck a big cock. I've gotten Salarian Engineer 3 times in veteran packs zzz

I'll probably just go promote my engineer and see what happens.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've seen multiple infiltrator players say that shotgun infiltrators don't work, so I've been playing a quarian infiltrator.

The entire problem with this is that both of the sniper rifles I have are basically impossible to use. One can only fire every 4-5 seconds and the other does fuck all for damage.

EDIT: It might help to mention that I haven't been taking more than 1 weapon in multiplayer, since I rarely ever switch in single player either. The shotgun I had on my vanguard throughout the story was basically the best weapon I had...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If anyone wants to play multiplayer, I'm looking for a couple people to play it with. I've been playing on Silver difficulty with my engineer recently but I've been branching off a bit. Mostly I just want to get better weapons...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

ME3 servers went apeshit in a mission that was actually going well for once.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2251 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yes, Origin IGN = UnCaligno.

EDIT: I've been wanting to try out some of the classes I haven't yet. I'm waiting for Krogan Soldier to try Soldier, but I might try out Sentinel with humans. I also want to see what happens when you promote your guy.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2253 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2252, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 2250, JDodge wrote:i'm messing about with multiplayer now; does anyone have the PC version to mess around with me?

I do. ID=hascow.

I'm not getting anything on Origin...
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I played a game roughly 12 hours ago where I had to deal with an Atlas, 3ish Nemesis', and around 12 Centurions
by myself
and ended up winning that fight using only a single medigel.

I didn't even realize I was alone for a bit. The Sentinel died early on and couldn't get revived, and the Infiltrator DC'ed without dying; I didn't even fucking notice until he was gone for a couple minutes. The sentinel dc'ed after doing the first of four upload thing w/e's, and I literally dc'ed right when I was going to go kill myself to get my exp/credits. I was fucking pissed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: picture

That guy at the top was N7 level 432 with Level 10 weapons/mods. It blew my mind away.

Almost there :(
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The multiplayer's problems are getting to be near unbearable.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Just earlier I had random lagspikes. It was absolutely unplayable, but mysteriously went away as soon as I left the game. I've had this happen several times, but not in a while. I strongly doubt it's only my internet acting up.
I've experienced a bug a few times where I'd be stuck in random spot.
Finding games is pretty damn difficult in the afternoon or at night. I can understand people not being on at 2:00 AM, but in the fucking afternoon?

There's a few other random gripes but they're either nitpicky or bypassable.

In other news:
Spoiler:

First ever spectre pack.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2274 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

That makes sense. I tend to have the least problems when I'm hosting, and my upload speed's good enough to host a small room of people.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

@CD:
Spoiler:
If the indoctrination theory is correct, then nothing beyond you passing out ended up happening. It's all a test to see if you get indoctrinated or not.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2288 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am

Post by Ankamius »

@esurio:
Spoiler:
What I assume is that the Prothean VI only senses people when they're indoctrinated after they are completely under the reaper's control. This makes the indoctrination theory from the beginning of the game valid, and it still allows the indoctrination attempt at the end of the game valid.

That's what I would think, anyway.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2292 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

@esurio:
Spoiler:
I wasn't able to choose for peace with the quarians and the geth (due to rewriting the heritics and not doing one of the missions for the last point), and I ended up choosing the geth. Despite Tali's death scene bringing tears in my eyes, I feel that if you can't get peace between the two, there really is no moral reason to choose the quarians over the geth. Sure, they've been nomads for centuries, but they brought it upon themselves. If you tell them not to go to war, they do it anyway. You warn them that the geth will be back to full strength soon, but Gerrel simply ignores you and his mistake costs their entire species their lives. The geth only fought out of self-defense, and only the geth turning towards the Reapers (in ME1 and ME3) ended up fighting them. The one and only moral reason I could find to save the quarians was the fact that Tali's life over the past few years has had holy-fuck-ridiculous-bad events all over it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2294 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
It's unfair to say that everyone's stuck on earth regardless.

Turians and Krogans are still fighting on Palaven;
Krogans are still on Tuchanka
Salarians are probably still on Sur'Kesh. There's a low chance they all got wiped out that fast
Asari are still on Thessia
If Quarians lived, they're starting to rebuild on Rannoch, regardless of there being Geth as well. If Quarians didn't live, then Geth have stations in the system
Elcor/Hanar/Volus/? probably haven't been wiped out on their home planets yet.

All this is assuming the worst case scenario that every single colony in existence has been wiped out. There's probably a bunch scattered around that have not been wiped out, like Horizon, Eden Prime, etc.

EDIT
Spoiler: Regarding the Ending
I'd be entirely satisfied if they simply listed what actually happened in the current ending, then explained what happened to the galaxy in the aftermath. For example, curing the genephage, having Wrex alive, and having Eve survive means that the Krogan become a well respected race in the galaxy. On the flip side, sabotaging the cure, having Wreav be the leader, and Eve dying means that Wreav soon becomes a laughingstock among the Krogan and eventually they fight their way to extinction over the next few centuries.

That's all I really care about. All the pieces are there to give something like this that changes either subtly or in a major way to give the ending a unique feel.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
The Conduit on Ilos might have the key to reforming the relays if that's what ends up happening.

It was never explicitly said that the Conduit was destroyed, just turned off.

EDIT: That's assuming there are still people there from when the Council initially sent people to investigate.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2312 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

yay krogan battlemasters
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've been trying to stream this game, but I can't seem to be able to do it without having the resulting video be horribly disfigured FPS wise.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2334 (isolation #18) » Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

There was a post somewhere explaining why the indoctrination theory is completely and utterly wrong, but I can't seem to find it. I'll look and link it when I come across it again.

EDIT: I can't seem to find it anymore. There were a few points, but the only one I can remember offhand is that indoctrination simply doesn't work that way. The only way out of indoctrination is killing yourself, and indoctrination means you're actively trying to help the reapers.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2337 (isolation #19) » Thu May 10, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

There is no evidence that it's possible to break indoctrination without killing yourself. It's a complete slap in the face that a powerful asari matriarch can be broken so easily, yet a human can simply break out of it. Even if it is possible, the fact that it's only revealed for a split second at the end of the game is mind bogglingly stupid. The child in Shepard's dreams is more likely the icon of Shepard's guilt over leaving Earth to burn.

The article went into the shot. I just haven't been able to find it.

EDIT: Found it. http://iamrodyle.wordpress.com/2012/03/ ... y-passion/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (isolation #20) » Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_UJUlD8nmQ I don't see what you're talking about here. From what I can tell, it changes when her body completely starts to disintegrate, and it looks the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7OdYt0rqZQ His eyes look normal until the rest of his body is basically disintegrated. I don't see the validity here.

2. This is a valid point, one to add to the huge list of plot inconsistencies that permeates the last section of the game.

3. The first mission is a clusterfuck as it is, and there's literally a fuckton of things wrong with it. There's no proof that no one else can tell what the child is. There's no proof for either in the first section where the child's playing. You can easily explain off the second bit. Anderson doesn't necessarily have to not hear the boy in the vent; he could easily have just assumed it was more damage from the Reapers. I concede that the boy getting away without making any noise makes no fucking sense, but this is offset by the fact that in the final scene with him, the shuttle he goes on literally sits there for several seconds and WAITS for him to get on. If the boy does not exist, then the shuttle sits there for several seconds with the door open for no reason before taking off.

4. I don't understand what you're talking about here.

5. The reapers have the ability to alter your minds to bend your will; what's so improbable about them being able to try to break you with the things that haunt you? This entire section being an indoctrination battle makes sense, but it doesn't mean the entire ending sequence is indoctrination. This could be an indoctrination battle with Anderson and TIM in the flesh, and the Crucible child could be real.

6. I don't see the relevance. Shepard is stressed the fuck out (Joker alludes to this). He states multiple times that the hardest thing he's ever done was to leave Earth to save it. It weighs heavily on his conscience, and the stress of being a key figurehead to stopping the reapers only makes it worse. Earth is being destroyed while he's off gathering forces to take it back, and he's having doubts about his ability to overall do it. He's thinking that he might've been better off staying on Earth and fighting them there in the first place.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2343 (isolation #21) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Pretty sure Bioware has confirmed that the indoctrination theory is false, so this entire debate is really pointless.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (isolation #22) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2344, Hiraki wrote:1) Around :50ish seconds, Shepard's eyes are completely blue. This video isn't the best example because this Shepard's eyes are blue anyway.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1679638&page=44

This basically explains it and shows pictures.

The eyes meaning indoctrination really makes no sense whatsoever. If the eyes changing means indoctrination, then the reapers are beyond idiots. They killed the one person who foiled their plot to take over the galaxy through the Citadel (Battle of the Citadel) a month after, then they decide to revive him? Then they help him destroy a reaper they're building? Every time the reapers speak to Shepard, they keep stating that no matter what he does, it will be pointless. It simply makes no sense why the Reapers would keep stating to him that everything he does is pointless, yet help him so much throughout the second game.

If anything, the eyes mean that the person in question has been directly exposed to reaper tech. The catalyst claims that the reapers are part of it. It's not out of the question for that link to be there.

In post 2344, Hiraki wrote:
Ankamius wrote:2. This is a valid point, one to add to the huge list of plot inconsistencies that permeates the last section of the game.
Bioware isn't stupid. This doesn't make any sense. It's not rushed--it's fucking stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qa81mq3744
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZytHg7THYPk

A lot of shit in the last several hours of the game just straight up don't make sense. I can't take something like that seriously when there's so many similar plotholes.

Ankamius wrote:There's no proof that no one else can tell what the child is.
The video addresses this. The child randomly disappears in an air duct.

And the Reaperwub, as I've defined it, just randomly happened there and in the TIM/Anderson conversation? No. That can't be true.

There's problems with everything in the prologue. There's multiple instances where people do incredibly unrealistic things or completely ignore current known laws of physics. The two videos I linked above, the first one in that series explains it far better than I ever could. I concede this point, but I maintain that there's really no way to tell if that's what they had in mind or not with how completely fucked up this entire section of the story is. This isn't a very strong argument, but I really have trouble seeing how these little details are confirming IT when so many other (bigger) things are overlooked completely.

Ankamius wrote:Anderson doesn't necessarily have to not hear the boy in the vent; he could easily have just assumed it was more damage from the Reapers.
True. Shepard does though. He's right next to him. Even if it wasn't an airduct--let's say it was a hallway--there'd be something that would show him leaving.

Why does there HAVE to be something showing him leaving? I understand why it's relevant in the current situation, but I don't see how it's relevant by itself.

Ankamius wrote:but this is offset by the fact that in the final scene with him, the shuttle he goes on literally sits there for several seconds and WAITS for him to get on. If the boy does not exist, then the shuttle sits there for several seconds with the door open for no reason before taking off.
I believe, don't quote me--haven't seen this part in awhile in detail, that there was someone else getting on.

You did miss one curious part that's risen up in the last few weeks I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8vra2WF2oY

Watch at around 8:40ish. There are signs(like physical "CAUTION" and "WARNING") signs that accompany every presence of the child on Earth.

That's not a coincidence. I won't believe it.

That doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

The CAUTION and WARNING signs obviously do mean something. Does that mean he's indoctrinated? Not necessarily. They could just as easily be signalling that the boy means Earth as a whole and that the signs are a warning that Earth is going to die if Shepard fails in his quest.

Ankamius wrote:4. I don't understand what you're talking about here.
Starchild's voice.

http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/ ... 11400930/1

It's Child+MaleShep+FemShep. There's no reason for that.

Except if Shepard was using things from his own mind.

This would be completely irrefutable if it was only Child+MShep (for MShep) or Child+FShep (for FShep), but I'm not convinced since it has BOTH. If it comes from his (or her) mind, why would it have both?

Ankamius wrote:5. The reapers have the ability to alter your minds to bend your will; what's so improbable about them being able to try to break you with the things that haunt you? This entire section being an indoctrination battle makes sense, but it doesn't mean the entire ending sequence is indoctrination. This could be an indoctrination battle with Anderson and TIM in the flesh, and the Crucible child could be real.
If the entire section is an indoctrination battle, then why would Anderson be able to contact Shepard outside of the room? I mean, this kind of does make sense but you still have a load of odd stuff to go through with Starchild.

I'm lost here. What I'm stating is that TIM is trying to get Shepard indoctrinated, but Anderson is not. I'm not understanding what the significance of Anderson being able to contact Shepard out of the room is. I did say that this being indoctrination does make sense, but there's problems with the entire section being in his head.

Ankamius wrote:6. I don't see the relevance. Shepard is stressed the fuck out (Joker alludes to this). He states multiple times that the hardest thing he's ever done was to leave Earth to save it. It weighs heavily on his conscience, and the stress of being a key figurehead to stopping the reapers only makes it worse. Earth is being destroyed while he's off gathering forces to take it back, and he's having doubts about his ability to overall do it. He's thinking that he might've been better off staying on Earth and fighting them there in the first place.
Err, you kind of missed the point. It'd be better if you actually addressed the video at this point. I'll give you time markings in a moment. 45 minutes on kind of helps. It even points out the Art Book to kind of show that he wasn't part of the original plan.

From the video that you specified starting roughly at 45:00, a bit past that: All of these are somewhat paraphrased. I only watched the sequence regarding the boy and a little bit into the next one.

"The dream sequences have the same slow blue as from the laser to the end of the game": I don't know about you, but when I'm dreaming about things that distress me a lot, I tend to move incredibly slowly. The blur is incredibly weak as an argument. When you're injured and limping, you tend to go slow as well. The blur is incredibly weak as an argument.

"In the third dream, Shepard contently catches the kid and looks at him contently, then they burn. This means that if he embraces the kid, aka indoctrination, he will burn": Or, that could mean that if he tries to save the kid (AKA Earth) too early, then everything burns. This doesn't prove anything.

"But they're smiling as they're burning": This could easily mean that Shepard wants to give his all to attempt to save Earth, even though it might not be enough.
Regarding his starchild point: The reapers (and assumedly the catalyst) have the ability to delve into the mind. Shepard uses the boy as a symbol for Earth. Vigil states in ME1 that it was able to learn Shepard's language from listening in on their communication (or something of that sort). So obviously this type of thing exists in canon. If the catalyst is interested in talking to Shepard, I would think that it would be appropriate to select an image that Shepard can relate to. It has the added effect that Shepard wants to save the boy (AKA Earth), so it convinces Shepard to make the choice with the added benefit that what he has been fighting for all game is the one providing it. It's the same overall concept as in IT, but with different reasons.

"The caution sign argument": This goes well with my point about the dreams. It could easily just be an added hint that Shepard shouldn't try to save Earth too early.

"Voice argument": I admit the voice must have been done on purpose (now that I know that one goes through the left and the other in the right speaker), but I still don't see how this is evidence for indoctrination theory. You state that it come from his mind, and the other voice cannot be in his mind, since it doesn't exist in that timeline.

"Basic questions instead of complex questions": I heavily paraphrased this question, but I honestly don't understand the relevance. Shepard is heavily injured. Chances are he's not thinking straight. This isn't necessarily because it's in his mind, it could easily just be because the pain of his injuries are numbing him.

---

This isn't exactly relevant to the conversation at hand, but there's one other thing I'm really confused on:

TIM (indoctrinated part of your mind) kills himself, you're still being indoctrinated. I would have assumed that means you killed yourself.
You shoot TIM -> same deal, except breaking indoctrination.
TIM shoots Anderson -> That doesn't mean you're fully indoctrinated? You just killed off the sane part of your mind. What's keeping you from doing the Reaper's will?

Ankamius wrote:Pretty sure Bioware has confirmed that the indoctrination theory is false, so this entire debate is really pointless.
Where?

I mean.

I don't get how you can say that if X member of the team(I really can't remember her name ever, but she basically gave everything) that in the Ending DLC, Shepard can re-associate with his former members.

I can't find where I got that, which shows how good I am at finding things. I stopped beliving in the Indoctrination Theory at some point before reading that article; I just can't find where anymore. I did believe it at first and thought (still do actually) that a good amount of thought was put into it. At this point, after thinking about it and seeing some other people's opinions on the other side, I agree that there's really not enough evidence that it's true.

In post 2344, Hiraki wrote:Destroy is the only ending that shows Shepard alive. Coincidence?

I think not.

Huh? You either shoot something, electrocute yourself, or jump into a beam of light. It makes sense that the first one is the only one that shows you alive.

In post 2344, Hiraki wrote:EDIT: I can't remember where and I kind of don't want to look, but someone said something to the effect that the Child going slow in the Shuttle didn't really matter/no one saw him and something with lift-off shows that they did see him.

False, I looked at it again. There were ground forces near the shuttle at the same time. Pretty sure they got on right after Child did.

I looked at the video before making that statement. The soldiers definitely did NOT get into the shuttle.

One last thing, fuck youtube. Seriously. My flash player crashed THREE FUCKING TIMES because of that documentary.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2354 (isolation #23) » Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

That's fine, I basically lost interest soon after my second post regardless. Not sure I would've responded if you posted.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2404 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If the IT turns out to be true in the Extended Cut, I'm going to boycott Bioware forever for giving us a garbage cliffhanger at the end of the series.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2406, Umbrage wrote:
In post 2404, Ankamius wrote:If the IT turns out to be true in the Extended Cut, I'm going to boycott Bioware forever for giving us a garbage cliffhanger at the end of the series.

I'd still prefer ID over OMGSTARCHILD bullshit. I mean, after watching the ID documentary, I can no longer see the ending as anything other than an indoc attempt. There are too many holes in the plot and logic. If the ending is canon, BW really dropped the ball and flushed a great reputation down the toliet. If ID is true, then they're simply full of shit.

If you stop yourself from being indoctrinated, big fucking whoop. Nothing changes than if you got indoctrinated as far as the story's concerned. There's no reason to give a single damn about it. At least if everything was real, you get an answer to what actually happened, even if it's a shitty answer.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2416 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah, I don't give two shits whether it makes more sense or not. If the IT turns out to be true in the Extended Cut, then Bioware fails and needs to get its shit together before I ever buy another game from them again.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2418 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

Because at least everything being real is an ATTEMPT at an ending.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

If they PLANNED IT and gave that ending, they're even worse.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2422 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

I watched up to about an hour or something, then lost interest. Most documentaries have that effect on me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

I have no idea why people aren't understanding what I'm saying either. I said before that I really don't care if there's evidence for IT or not, just that if it turns out to be true, I'm going to be more pissed off than if it's not true.

I went into why as well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2432 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I haven't been, but I could get on if you have the PC version.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2437 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

It comes in four days.

Prepare your anus.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2441 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

zzz

two shitty options

one means endings that makes no sense
other means shitty cliffhanger

both are fail
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2445 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2444, Umbrage wrote:HEY KIDS, YOU DON'T LIKE OUR ENDING? HOW DO YOU LIKE NO ENDING AT ALL!

lol
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2447 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The reason was different, but that's exactly what you are insinuating happened in the end of ME3 if the IT is true.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2455 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: responding to esurio's spoiler
The Prothean VI is also perfectly willing to talk to Shepard on Cronos Station.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: response to umbrage
That's the problem. It's the ONLY one available to every Shepard. If you do such a shitty job, you're helping the Reapers by not giving the galaxy much of a chance of fighting them...

but...

then you're given the only choice that results in a lack of indoctrination.

Welp.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2464 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

wtf are you going on about with 2462 and 2463?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

But seriously, do you understand why the original post I laughed at was terrible?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2468 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

It's terrible because if you interpret the IT as true, you're basically saying "HEY KIDS, I DON'T LIKE THEIR ENDING! HOW ABOUT NO ENDING AT ALL!"

EDIT: The IT HAS no ending. At all. Period. I seriously can't accept anything from Cronos Station on and the prologue because there's so many issues that there really is no way to be sure if anything was intentional or just more derptown.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2477 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've only gotten through 20 minutes so far but a couple of these things really are nothing more than stretches.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Also:

Spoiler: Umbrage's Post
Shepard is the only chance the galaxy has, regardless of how shitty he might be compared to other Shepards in parallel universes. That's why destroy is always available. No matter what else Shepard does, he's always able to fight off indoctrination with the will to KICK ASS. Paragon Shep wants to explore other options, like control and synthesis. Those are the fairy tale EVERYBODY WINS endings that ParagonShep adores.

Spoiler: Response to Umbrage
That makes no sense. At all. NONE.

If you are an epic fail, why would you be MORE difficult to indoctrinate? If you do the worst things possible, then you... oh. You can't be indoctrinated. It doesn't make any sense.

Also, whatever you're spouting about renegade/paragon, it's bullshit. Paragon and Renegade have nothing to do with anything.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2482 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Wow.

What the fuck is this guy smoking.

Spoiler:
His first answer to why you can only choose destroy is complete shit and has no merit to ANYTHING.

His second? "The more work he gets done, the more stressed out he becomes."

LOL

There are three dream sequences
1. After Council refuses to give you help
2. After curing the genophage or sabotaging the cure
3. After Henry Lawson is dealt with

So he's basically saying that with this flimsy-ass argument, there's a point against the dreams, which was never strong in the first place.

EDIT: Also, I'm not going to trust anything related to physics. They fucked up enough physics things that are irrelevant to the theory that trusting them at all is incredibly bad.
Last edited by Ankamius on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I meant that as irony. Using that as confirmation of the theory while not saying that has an effect in the other places that are relevant is bad.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (isolation #45) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The perspective thing is not conclusive in the slightest. The screenshot he showed directly before Anderson looked at HIM showed that Shepard was much farther than the camera is when it shifts. It isn't proof that Shepard is the camera, so saying that Anderson looks at Shepard is false.

Also, one other thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the scene before in the screenshot that he showed, Shepard was on the LEFT of TIM (meaning that he was over TIM's RIGHT shoulder since we're looking into their faces). When the scene shifts, TIM is to the right, meaning "Shepard" is behind TIM's LEFT shoulder.

--

The galaxy map thing is iffy.

Basing this entirely on the galaxy map he showed, but I assume the lines mean possible paths between the relays? According to that picture, if this is correct, then the beam is taking paths that shouldn't be possible, namely the very first one where it goes to the right. It would take someone going into ME2 and testing this out, but right now I'm unconvinced.

---

His entire state of mind. He's injured and stressed out in the ending. He wants desperately to get to the beam, and this can explain (weakly, but it's something to consider) various things after that point. The flashing lights in the back could signify headaches. The fact that the models are Kaidan + Ashley is guilt over their death
or deaths if the other died too
. Etc. Etc.

It also has an effect on the dreams, since they always appear after a significant part of the story where something very stressful happens.

Spoiler: Spoilers Inside
1. Council denies help, meaning that his chances of getting support for Earth is lower.
2. Either Genophage is cleared and Shepard has to worry about whether he made the right decision, or he sabotaged the cure and has to worry about Wreav's trustworthiness and/or whether the Krogan Rebellions will happen again.
3. After Shepard finds out one of the most nefarious things TIM has been working on in Horizon.

The only real hole I can see in this after a couple minutes of thought is why it wouldn't appear after Rannoch's end, but I guess it can be partially explained with peace. That's a very weak patch, though, since it can't be universally applies.

Still saying that the dreams are conclusive evidence is extremely silly if you're going to use this logic.

EDIT: 1:04:30 is physics. Skipping.

Spoiler: EDIT2
1:06:00 yep, this doesn't prove shit. He got hit head-on with a blast from a reaper gun. SO HOW IS HE ALIVE? This makes just as little sense in IT as if it wasn't true. I don't believe for a moment that Harbinger "held back".

EDIT3: This guy is ignoring the times where Shepard should be severely injured or dead and referencing the only time where it did. Wow.

He references Mass Effect 2 here. I don't see how this is either relevant or helps his case. If anything, it HURTS his case because it shows that Mass Effect doesn't follow physics when it comes to what people's bodies do when put into certain situations.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2488 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm talking about the specific mass relay paths. There is no path in the picture in the way I said, if those lines really are the possible paths between the relays.

1. How would Harbinger know WHICH PERSON is Shepard? If the entire goal is indoctrination, why wouldn't they take the chance earlier on Menae (Palaven's moon) or any other time you meet a reaper? The collectors could see the Normandy in stealth mode, and you can bet your ass that the Reapers would know about the Normandy after Mass Effect 2. What's stopping them from just doing it right away on Menae?
2. On that vein. If the goal is indoctrination, why the flying fuck would every reaper beam you get hit by in any other part of the game result in instant death? If the goal is indoctrination, sending him to sleep early and making the rest of the war in his mind would be a far better solution rather than trying to KILL him until the very last part of the game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2490 (isolation #47) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2489, Hiraki wrote:
Ankamius wrote:If the entire goal is indoctrination, why wouldn't they take the chance earlier on Menae (Palaven's moon) or any other time you meet a reaper?
Because the Reapers didn't know that Shepard was actually capable of finding a machine that could destroy the Reapers

I mean, according to IT, we don't know if the Crucible can stop the Reapers. We do know that it hasn't been fired yet though, according to IT once again.

There's MANY hints that this cycle has little difference to the past cycles. Why would they assume that the device that has been popping up every single cycle wouldn't appear and that the one person that keeps screwing up their plans wouldn't find it?

Ankamius wrote:I'm talking about the specific mass relay paths.
But there's a problem in that logic too. When Shepard uses a Mass Relay, this is especially apparent in ME3 (don't quote me though--I'm not willing to check, it might be another game) where it shows that Shepard has to use one Mass Relay to get to another Mass Relay to get to another etc. until he reaches his final destination.

I don't think the Mass Relays have a certain path that they HAVE to go where the others are connected because I'm pretty sure that'd make some mistakes in the beginning lore. They're just tools to help with FTL--like the wind in Wind Waker. You don't have to stay to the current of the wind directly, but can't go in the opposite direction.

We're not understanding each other. I'm just going to stop here because this is never going to get anywhere. It's not really anything worth debating either way.

Ankamius wrote:If the goal is indoctrination, why the flying fuck would every reaper beam you get hit by in any other part of the game result in instant death?
I, myself, have found two conclusions for this.

First, it's Harbinger. The guy you made macho angry in ME2. Would killing Shepard really be satisfying or would trolling the fuck out of him be better?

I say B. But then again, this is a small point because yknow. The only thing that kind of amplifies this point(and again I'm not willing to check) but I'm pretty sure Harbinger says multiple times in ME2 "leave Shepard to me" or something to that effect. Again, I may be wrong but my gut is telling me I'm right on that point.

I'm not convinced that it's a sufficient explanation. It can be assumed that every reaper knows about Shepard, considering that the one on Rannoch did after you kill it (go check, the first thing it says is "Shepard"). If each reaper knows about Shepard (I don't remember which reaper spoke of him/her, but it was either Harbinger or the one in ME1), they sure as hell would have ALL been told that indoctrination is better than straight up death.

In post 2489, Hiraki wrote:Second, bad writing. I'm not going to say "Bioware is god!!!11!1!" for the Indoctrination attempt. It's total shit and it's a very risky and not needed idea. It's creative, but BAD creative. If you have to make your bad in order to make it good later, there's a problem with your way of thinking. You could add the point that EA is supporting them financially and you get a shitty ending for a better one later.

I agree completely here, and this is why I VERY MUCH want the IT to be false. The ending if everything is real is garbage, but I refuse to accept that there is simply no ending to the game rather than a really bad one.

Ankamius wrote:If the goal is indoctrination, sending him to sleep early and making the rest of the war in his mind would be a far better solution rather than trying to KILL him until the very last part of the game.
Indoctrination isn't like bloodbending(lol korra reference)

You have control over the person's body but you can't just say "LOL KILL SELF SO YOU DIE HAHAHAHAHA"

and it's also the point that ME3 is an indoctrination attempt, the last attempt being with Harby's beam and such

so they didn't really have total control over him to do this anyway

I think you're misunderstanding me here. I'm saying that if they can use a beam to knock him unconscious and make him finish the war in his mind, then why wouldn't they do that earlier? Why would they try to kill him and suddenly decide at the end that those same beams that would have killed him just try to finish the indoctrination?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2506 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2497, Zachrulez wrote:
Spoiler:
You know what I'm stuck on? The idea that that Illusive Man was indocrinated toward control all along and why he'd want to bring Shepard back in that scenario at all. (It's the explanation for his eyes isn't it?)

Spoiler:
The eyes don't prove indoctrination at all.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2510 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2507, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 2506, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2497, Zachrulez wrote:
Spoiler:
You know what I'm stuck on? The idea that that Illusive Man was indocrinated toward control all along and why he'd want to bring Shepard back in that scenario at all. (It's the explanation for his eyes isn't it?)

Spoiler:
The eyes don't prove indoctrination at all.

Spoiler:
This would be where I'm getting it from. I basically interpreted that reading as evidence of him being indoctrinated all along. That's only if it's canon though.

Spoiler:
Well, having the eyes be evidence of the user being indoctrinated doesn't really make much sense, because I don't see the reapers trying so hard to revive the person they would want killed, then helping him/her do everything in their power to stop their own plan.

It's been used as evidence for IT (since Shepard gains the eyes in Synthesis and Control, both of which are easily explained by just being in contact with the device instead of shooting it away from afar in the destroy option), and it's simply wrong unless you can explain why the reapers would do that. It just makes more sense that it shows exposure to reaper technology, not indoctrination.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2513 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2511, Iecerint wrote:Exposure to Reaper technology is a necessary (and possibly sufficient?) precondition for indoctrination.

GUYS IT IS OUT NOW. Or in the next few hours.

But if TIM's indoctrinated, how does his actions in ME2 make any sense?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I did everything exactly as I did on my canon Shepard to the best of my knowledge (including taking the Control ending) and the EC did exactly what I wanted it to do. I call it a success.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

Lufia 2's ending made me bawl my eyes out.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

Am I really the only one that was fairly disappointed in KotOR 1?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2599 (isolation #54) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I don't know, I found a lot of the game to be heavily inferior to what KotOR 2 had. The biggest points that unimpressed me was Taris as a whole and the way your levels progressed throughout the game. I don't know about anyone else, but only having like 12 levels to put into powers when there's a fuckton of them really turned me off from the game.

It also basically lost my interest entirely once I got the lost planet or whatever it was. KotOR 2 held my interest enough to beat it around 5-6 times, but I will say that they made the game way too easy.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

No, I played KotOR 1 first. I bought them at the same time and played in order.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

KotOR 2 would have completely stomped KotOR 1 into the dust if it had been finished. I still think that anyway, but I think my opinion would be a bit more widely shared.

But really, other than the *name* crystal, the game was near perfect.

I also kind of found a glitch that made one of the hardest parts of the game (the last part of Telos' surface) really easy. I'm sure a lot of other people found this out too, but for whatever reason, interacting with the speeder bikes makes dead party members stand up ._.?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2636 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

They could have just assumed that everyone who went on the trench run was killed in action.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2661 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've been writing a fic on this series and it's making me sad.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2667 (isolation #59) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2662, inte wrote:no, i want a legitimate answer to why you guys think the mass effect series is good or satisfying at least

i can give a couple to why i think its not

1) the extra casualization of the series
2)"pick an ending" storyline with no actual consequences to your actions
3) i press 1 for vanguard charge and 1 shot almost every enemy. 3 sec cooldown, makes you invulnerable for the duration of the charge. makes me think there are more broken abilities

k?
k.
While the default mode was easy enough for my "charge-in-and-burst-everything" style, the higher difficulties would probably stomp you instantly if you tried it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2673 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2669, inte wrote:"k" is not a rebuttal either

Because I literally have no idea what the "casualization" is.

Also, the second one is an opinion that is basically completely wrong now, so it's easily ignored.

EDIT: I played on the default setting and it was very rare for biotic charge to one-shot anything, and it was one of the first skills I got to six.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2681 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

UnCaligno
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2685 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2684, Umbrage wrote:
In post 2683, BBmolla wrote:Can't find you Umbrage

It might be something else, I don't know. The system has been buggy and next to unusable for me, first thing I did was link the game with Steam.

I couldn't find hascow at first too.

Btw I can't find you either and I can't add Sotty since Origin keeps getting errors.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2720 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2719, Umbrage wrote:mass effect sux

Thanks for sharing.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (isolation #64) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

Found a pretty good group of people to play MP with. Still feel super bad at the game though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2724 (isolation #65) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

I find it pretty funny that as soon as I start playing this game's multiplayer again, all the DLC decides to stop working.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2729 (isolation #66) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I've been playing a bunch of MP recently to try to get my weapons/characters/upgrades/gear better. I'll play with anyone, just ask if you want to play. Here's my manifest just because I feel like showing how bad it is: http://social.bioware.com/3827200/&v=bw ... ultiplayer
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I still play ME3 MP if anyone wants to play at any point. I mostly play on Gold but I'll play Silver too.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2820 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

Asari Vanguard is pretty good. You just have to focus on grenades since they're horrifically powerful.

The default weapons are pretty bad, yes, but there are pretty good weapons in the uncommons, rares, and ultra-rares. I don't particularly mind the random-drop system, although I generally have a lot of problems having enough survival packs without buying equipment packs in the store.

I've played three of the N7 characters. I'd say the three I have (Fury, Destroyer, Demolisher) are pretty strong, but I don't usually have as much success as with my Turian Sentinel or Asari Justicar. The Ex-Cerberus guys are actually pretty bad compared to the other characters.

The problems you're seeing about cover and things like that is present in single player as well. It's a side effect of spacebar doing everything in this game. I've never had the problems you're seeing about the enemies. I rarely need to use rockets, and generally I only ever do when I'm getting overrun by phantoms or banshees.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2824 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

You buy recruit packs after all the weapons are maxed? o_O

Some people swear by this, and it's fine, but I would skip directly to veteran packs to start off with. The Mattock, Phalanx, and Phaeston (among others, although I haven't used most of them) are three pretty good weapons to max and they're all uncommon. You'll also be swimming in consumables while you're buying them.

Find a group to play with and the game will be much funner. I've been playing golds mostly with people from Legion and it's a lot more relaxing than playing silvers with pubs.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2832 (isolation #70) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2828, Umbrage wrote:
In post 2824, Ankamius wrote:Find a group to play with and the game will be much funner.

I INVITE YOU BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER :(

I accepted twice but the game was full both times o_O I usually don't accept when I'm not in game unless there's some warning time since it takes me several minutes to get into the game and into MP.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2867 (isolation #71) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This video is currently unavailable.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2914 (isolation #72) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2906, Umbrage wrote:^ brofist

in other news, multiplayer sentinel still fucking sucks

i mean, i don't get the role

Adepts disrupt and weaken enemies - they soften things up and make it easier on everyone
Infiltrators deal heavy damage and get to objectives/wounded easily when needed - they are weak in general but hit hard when it counts
Vanguards take out weaker enemies and run amok behind enemy lines - they take the heat off other players
Soldiers are damage sponges that whittle away enemy health - they deal with mundane difficulties that others aren't equipped for
Engineers defend areas by destroying anything that comes their way - they are great as long as control over the battlefield is maintained

I'm not seeing where the Sentinel fits into the equation. Theoretically they seem to be designed as a jack of all trades, but in practical matters their versatility is overshadowed by other classes' specialization.

I actually think that Sentinels do the Soldier's job better for the most part. I tend to like all the sentinel versions of classes better than soldiers.

The exception is batarian, though. Batarian Soldier makes silver seem like bronze, but easier.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2917 (isolation #73) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by Ankamius »

We still need to play together sometime...

Usually when I play, it's with one of my IRC buddies (we usually do 2-man silvers with whatever we feel like playing most of the time; we probably extract about 60% of the time or so). If you manage to catch us while we're on, we can do some 3-mans.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Doesn't matter, we got to play tonight anyways.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2954 (isolation #75) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

These challenges will keep me busy for a while. I'm already starting to use weapons I've never used before already just to get the challenge points for doing that challenge.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2964 (isolation #76) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I actually like the Eagle. It makes me feel less bad for having it at LEVEL GOD DAMN FIVE
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (isolation #77) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't like the Turian Soldier much. I really hate marksman as a power.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2973 (isolation #78) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 am

Post by Ankamius »

I have to say... now that I've used the Acolyte pistol a bit, it's my single most favorite gun on the Fury.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2974 (isolation #79) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

Ok, this game is getting ridiculous now. It was difficult enough both having consumables for every game on Silver and having enough money for PSPs once in a while, but now it's basically impossible to have both.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2976 (isolation #80) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That's the problem. Equipment Packs cost the same amount as you get when you finish a Silver game. If you use too many consumables, your net gain is either zero or negligable.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2979 (isolation #81) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Ankamius »

No, consumables. I finally have maximum capacity of everything (5/5/6/5 missiles/survivalpack/medigel/thermalpack) and I can go through 5 medigel or survival pack at times depending on what map/enemy we get and what I'm playing. I have roughly 210 missiles and always max thermal packs

Also, I have the Biotic God banner \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2981 (isolation #82) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

It's more a problem we get into ridiculous situations where we're all down a lot, and I generally play classes I'm not as good with as my mains, so I don't fully know my limits.

Yes, one of the rewards for a recent operation was increased medigel capacity. It still has to be unlocked though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2985 (isolation #83) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm starting to record what I get in every PSP in a spreadsheet on google drive. If anyone else wants to add their own to this, you're more than welcome to. I just need a gmail address.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2987 (isolation #84) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I play both. I take my best setups into gold, and mostly use silver to screw around.

The general guideline for when you should move up a difficulty level is if you find that the difficulty level you're currently on is too easy. If you are basically stomping the enemies every time you play, it's time to move up.

EDIT: IIRC, I played the batarian soldier in one of the games we played together and stomped the scoreboard. I find that with both batarian champs, they're so pathetically easy that it's hard to lose on Silver with them; I play them on gold for this reason.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2989 (isolation #85) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yes, that's latency.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2991 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yep.

Also, I'm still pretty much permanently out of Survival Packs and Medigel. The first one is nothing new, but I had around 80-120 of the latter at all times before I started saving up for Retaliation DLC.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2993 (isolation #87) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

Excellent. I'll continue doing whatever and hope my interest doesn't get stretched enough to quit the game before they come out.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2995 (isolation #88) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm working on them still. I'm 40+% with quite a few of them, although Biotic God is the only one I've unlocked as of yet.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2996 (isolation #89) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

First unlocking the Krogan Battlemaster and N7 Paladin in the same pack.

Winning.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2997 (isolation #90) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

The Asari Valkyrie probably has the single must stupid kit in the entire game.

For a class that's based on powers, none of them work together in any tangible way. Anyone who decides to want to use a class like that should just take the infinitely better N7 Fury.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2999 (isolation #91) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

Turian Sentinel is a good class. The powers accentuate a sturdy weapon-based setup very well.

EDIT: I believe the best way to play the Valkyrie is to spec completely out of AF except for specific biotic-based setups (which would have much better choices than this shitty class), but that just makes her a squishier Turian Sentinel without Overload all to have a dodge. Terrible.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (isolation #92) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Saying he soloed on silver doesn't mean much.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3003 (isolation #93) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Ankamius »

What the fuck happened? The balance update didn't really do much, but suddenly gold is piss easy. KroSent, SalInf, SalEng, and FQE.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3006 (isolation #94) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Slayer is ridiculously good.
I unlocked the Valkyrie and took her on a few test spins. She's ridiculously good against bosses, but she's very limited against big maps or Geth.
Breached 2000 challenge points a few days ago. Still only have 3 banners (biotic powers, tech powers, and Halloween challenge)

Check my spreadsheet again, the one I posted a few days back. Just look at how lucky I've been recently on that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3009 (isolation #95) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Take an Acolyte on her. Trust me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (isolation #96) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The Acolyte is the best pistol in the game. It destroys shields and applies ammo modifiers onto enemies very effectively. Very good for explosion-based builds.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3014 (isolation #97) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ahahahahahahahahaha

That's some crazy hack right there.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (isolation #98) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

My manifest is starting to look pretty nice.

I'm starting to get to the point where Gold feels like Silver. I'm trying to move up to platinum, and the transition honestly is starting out much better than my initial transition into gold. I'm guessing it's mostly because I have a strong sense on how all the mechanics work (reload canceling, right hand advantage, spawn handling, etc.).

Not quite at the point where I can take a lot of characters there, but that's semantics.

EDIT: I decided to make a post on BSN about some of the crazy poses characters make when they drop. It's right here if anyone's interested.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3022 (isolation #99) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If you need builds to try out, I can see about giving you some.

EDIT: Batarian Sentinel

If you don't have the Talon, then idk. It's mainly for shield stripping while being able to maintain a good damage amount against health/armor.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3025 (isolation #100) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

Leviathan is alright. I wouldn't say it's better than those two, but I'd say it's worth the $10. More worth the price than Omega (ew $15).

I generally use BatSent as a Shockwave user, using the net for armored units and Phantoms. You could switch out mods for armor damage, but Armor Piercing Rounds are great for that too, and allows for more variety in what you put as your weapon mods. Talon is also better for short range since it functions as a shotgun.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3029 (isolation #101) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't like the Batarian melee outside of the brawler. The brawler was 100% made for spamming that melee.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3031 (isolation #102) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I don't like melee builds on basically anything. It makes no sense to me how people can go into a pure CQC-based style while speccing out of most of the health/shields upgrades.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3033 (isolation #103) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm trying to find a way to stream this game consistently without constant lag. It's difficult.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3035 (isolation #104) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

The tooltip says biotic combos.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3037 (isolation #105) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Ankamius »

Earth Mastery is now complete. Time to work on Commando Mastery.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3039 (isolation #106) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

I gave up on Commando for now. Working on Machine.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3041 (isolation #107) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

I did this build in a regular platinum game the first time I played that class. It's beyond ridiculous how easy it is.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3043 (isolation #108) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Ankamius »

MQI is absurd. I tried him out for the first time in Silver and completely stomped everything.

Not really sure what I was expecting. It was on Rio (#1 grenade map) and I already knew from using MQE that he was going to be ridiculous.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3044 (isolation #109) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (isolation #110) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

I've been getting a lot of rare weapons up to level 7 or 8 lately.

Also, only two characters left to unlock. Then it's just a matter of maxing everything out.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3058 (isolation #111) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Meh. Hurricane V in this past commendation pack.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3060 (isolation #112) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

GPS is one of the two rare weapons I have maxed. The other is GPR.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3062 (isolation #113) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Javelin > Black Widow > Indra > Widow > Viper > Collector Sniper Rifle > Mantis > Valiant > Raptor > Incisor > Kishock > Krysae

That's my best to worst list on sniper rifles. I really really really really don't like the Valiant. It feels like I'm shooting cotton balls and it never does any damage outside of headshots.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3072 (isolation #114) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Human Vanguards have a place at any difficulty with the right team setup.

That said, GPS is definitely not the best shotgun. Raider for close range and Wraith for mid-range are best IMO. A lot of people really like the Claymore and some swear by the Crusader, but I'm not convinced for either.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3075 (isolation #115) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Novaguards are actually really good for setting off mass explosions. Put them with a biotic team and you have a crazy good setup.

Drell adept was never bad. You just need to know the mechanics about how the game and he works. Grenade Capacity V gear helps a lot as well.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3091 (isolation #116) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Krogan Sentinel is an alright class.

I'm getting close to finished with all the gold weapon challenges. A few more games and SMGs are done. A few more games with Mantis and Incisor, and I'll have one more from sniper rifles. I'm mostly done with quite a few from Shotguns, and lolpistols. Finished ARs a long time ago.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3100 (isolation #117) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I got my first Valkyrie today.

Valkyrie 1
Crusader 2
Valiant 4
Hurricane 5
Eagle 6

EDIT: Also, to anyone who decides to start playing MP on the PC, add me (Origin ID: N7CalignoBot). I'll run you through some silvers to help you get on track. :good:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3102 (isolation #118) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

PS3 users seem to be the rarest out of the three.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (isolation #119) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

Firebase White. The farm spot there is still doable, but it's definitely harder.

Farming is really boring either way. The big farm setup now is Rio/Platinum >_>
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3108 (isolation #120) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

If you want to try it on the PC again, I'll go through some matches with you.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3110 (isolation #121) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

Yes, I'm on.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3112 (isolation #122) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, yeah. There's four multiplayer DLC packs you have to have downloaded first. I forgot about that. ._.

EDIT: Resurgence, Rebellion, Earth, Retaliation are the four.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3120 (isolation #123) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yay, maxed my first UR weapon. Indra X.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3123 (isolation #124) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Specifically, you can check your challenges and progress towards each at this link: social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/challenges/?name=*NAME*&platform=*PLATFORM*

*NAME* = Your IGN
*PLATFORM* = Your platform (pc/360/ps3)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3125 (isolation #125) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Nope, you can do it on any difficulty. If they don't specify one, then this is always the case.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3127 (isolation #126) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Er, that one has been closed. The only one that is available right now is the revive medal one.

Careful, you have less than 10 hours left.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3129 (isolation #127) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yes, five times to be exact.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3131 (isolation #128) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yes.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3133 (isolation #129) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Ankamius »

No problem.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3137 (isolation #130) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

We need to play more golds together.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3138 (isolation #131) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

Cool shit, game. I decide it might be a good idea to join in a group of people doing randomly generated builds on gold. I get Ex-Cerberus Adept with Javelin. Big fucking whoop.

Then the randomized map, like I predicted, was Giant Hazard. AKA the worst map ever for sniping. It also lags against Cerberus when you scope, which we also got. Another big whoop.

The guy who hosts the match is far enough away from me that the game lags latency-wise too. Also, my Javelin only has seven shots. This means I'm constantly running to an ammo box.

Then to top it all off, my internet shuts off in wave 11.

Never again.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3143 (isolation #132) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Both infiltrators are very good classes. QFI has a bit of a weird skill build and SI has a bit of ambiguity to how you can build him, but they're great sniper classes.
Asari Adept isn't that great anymore, but is decent against Cerberus. She's a phantom killer at heart. I don't really know how well to build her since I haven't used her in a long time, but I'm starting to think that maybe a high powered gun build with a focus on stasis would be a great anti-cerberus class.
Turian Soldier is... okay, I guess. I can't find a way to make him work, but a lot of people swear by him.
Salarian Engineer is better than people think. He is kind of like the poor man's Turian Sentinel. I like slapping a Saber on him when I drag him out.
Krogan Sentinel is... okay. I don't really like his playstyle much, and it completely mystifies me how people say speccing out of incinerate and spamming lift grenades is any good. It's not. The best I can do with him is slap a Graal on and go on an anti-cerberus crusade.
Asari Vanguard is a great class, but she requires Grenade Capacity gear at a high level to unlock her true potential.
Drell Vanguard is similar to above, but he requires a lot of finesse and practice to get working right. However, if you can manage to learn how he works, he is an absolute monster.

I hate the krogan melee. All the melees in this game are pretty fucked up in how they target (it's gotten me killed MANY times as a Shadow), but it's even more annoying as a krogan since you have to turn around if you miss. Plus that dash looks ludicrously stupid if you don't hit anything.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3147 (isolation #133) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3145, Umbrage wrote:Phaeston is crap.

I specced mine for powers with duration/power cloak

Um.

Phaeston is a great weapon, even on gold. It was my primary weapon when I first started learning the difficulty, and I still bring it out on occasion.
Duration on cloak is actually pretty bad on everyone that isn't the Shadow. Most of your damage on infiltrators is going to be your sniper rifle, so having 80% extra damage instead of 40% is absolutely huge. Plus if you don't spec into duration early on in learning infiltrators, you don't get into the bad habit of using cloak to run away all the time. 4-5 seconds is plenty while still requiring you to learn map awareness (a skill that is required to do well on gold).

In post 3146, Umbrage wrote:Also, don't listen to that crazy man, krogan melee is AWESOME.

The problem with melee in general is that their targeting is hilariously bad. The krogans especially have huge issues hitting anything cloaked or moving backwards. It doesn't get you killed instantly like several other melees do, but you're just as likely to run past the enemy than hit them.

Plus, batarian melee in general is better. Only on the brawler, though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3149 (isolation #134) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Ankamius »

Tactical cloak makes a recharge speed pointless. If you deactivate it shortly after activating it, then your cooldown will be short regardless. This is also why I don't take bonus power, since I almost always use cloak in order to get the damage bonus, instantly use my stagger/stun ability, then take the shot for an easy kill.

EDIT: Overload is an explosion-detonating power. It's difficult to compare it and energy drain together since they have completely different uses.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3151 (isolation #135) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You can definitely prime with overload, but it's just better for detonating other explosions in most situations.

Twitch aiming isn't a necessary requirement if you have a skill that is good at staggering or stunning enemies (proximity mine, energy drain, sabotage, etc.), but it still takes some getting used to. The Javelin takes even more time to get used to.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3155 (isolation #136) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Javelin has the highest damage per bullet in the entire game and has natural armor penetration. Once you're used to the delay, it's absolutely disgusting. I agree that it needs to have a few levels in order to be significantly usable for longish bursts, but it is easily the most effective sniper rifle against armor. The only other sniper rifles with natural armor penetration are the two widows, and the Javelin is basically an uncontested upgrade to the Widow.

The weight isn't much more than other heavy sniper rifles. It's the cost of having ridiculous damage.

Any class that is fine with a heavy weapon is decent against collectors. Being able to take down every enemy effectively is big.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3164 (isolation #137) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Once I have Disciple, Mantis, and Incisor points done, I will have every single gold challenge for weapons completed. The vast majority of the work I need to do nowadays are in the "Aliens" subsection, although finishing up Spectre and N7 masteries is going to take a while.

I also will have to farm melee and guardian points. ._.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3167 (isolation #138) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Hurricane 6 in this weekend's operation. Where are the Eagles?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3191 (isolation #139) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I don't really play this game anymore.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3195 (isolation #140) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

I couldn't be less interested in it, since it really does sound like mindless fan service to me.

I'm probably in the overwhelmingly small minority though, so have at it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3198 (isolation #141) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Ankamius »

I feel that all these moments of finally having to say goodbye to the cast should be within the story itself. If there's a DLC just for that purpose, I'm getting the feeling that they're expecting me to pay $15 for closure on the series in general. This isn't the job of DLC, it's the job of the game's ending or somewhere soon before if the story calls for it.

It doesn't make any sense to me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3205 (isolation #142) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3203, Umbrage wrote:it's fun, but ultimately it doesn't fit with the tone of the game and adds nothing to the story or gameplay.

This is pretty much why I'm not interested in Citadel. If it doesn't add anything to the story, why would I get it? I'm not interested in fan service if it doesn't add anything more.

In post 3202, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 3198, Ankamius wrote:I feel that all these moments of finally having to say goodbye to the cast should be within the story itself. If there's a DLC just for that purpose, I'm getting the feeling that they're expecting me to pay $15 for closure on the series in general. This isn't the job of DLC, it's the job of the game's ending or somewhere soon before if the story calls for it.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes perfect sense. $$$$$ (The company selling this DLC had it's CEO go on record talking about how to get people to buy DLC and micro transactions, and he spoke about the player being "already invested in the game" when offering things like this.

Ugh.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3209 (isolation #143) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

Legion chat has tipped me off that weekend operations have stopped.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3229 (isolation #144) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm pretty sure it's one of the options you get when talking with TIM. I'm pretty sure you have to go all one path in order for the same paragon/renegade path to be available to its end in the endgame.

Return to “The Arcade”