NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Dramonic, it looks like you want to add your two cents in. Thoughts?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:01 am

Post by brassherald »

I said it in the sign ups, and I'll say it again here, I'm out chilling out so many people right now.

I'm chill as a cucumber.

Gustavo is no chill.

Inferno, no chill.

Me, Cooler than being cool. (I'm ice cold) Alright, alright, alright, alright... and so on.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Pine »

In post 196, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Almost 9 pages already before 24 hours are up? Do you people not understand what a chill game means?
Yeah, right? Seriously people, help yourself to the booze. That's what it's here for.
In post 218, brassherald wrote:The Marvel Netflix series are pretty good, by the way. Except Iron Fist, I watched like 5 episodes of that then gave up.

I liked all of them. Iron Fist was the least good, and the cultural appropriation was cringe-y, but it's not as bad as the negative hype.

VC incoming.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Brass, one thing you should know about me is that I’m way too hot to be cool. :D

In hall honesty tho, I was coming into this game intending not to get dragged into heated arguments. But this whole Inferno390 is doing nothing but lying thing is incredibly frustrating, because it’s blatantly not accurate.

And he other thing is that calling me a liar in this situation is pushing it anyways, because a some of what I’m saying is open to interpretation, which I’m totally okay with. Maybe the way I see his progression and his posts differs from his or yours, which would make sense. But to straight up call me a liar because he doesn’t like what I’m saying is ridiculous and makes me feel like he’s scum trying to blow me off.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 227, Pine wrote:
In post 196, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Almost 9 pages already before 24 hours are up? Do you people not understand what a chill game means?
Yeah, right? Seriously people, help yourself to the booze. That's what it's here for.
As I said before, I’m underage.
Got any Coca-Cola?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Pine »

In post 229, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 227, Pine wrote:
As I said before, I’m underage.
Got any Coca-Cola?
Try the punch. I'm suuuure no one's spiked it.

*wink*

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 224, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 221, Gustavo wrote:
In post 219, Inferno390 wrote:I’m done
VOTE: Gustavo

There’s not even any defense coming from him. He’s just calling me a liar and being evasive.
I’m not being invasive and I’ve called you a liar cause as I’ve shown you have lied multiple times.

I don’t have to defend myself from lies.
Where exactly have you shown anything? And asking me if I’ve ever played Mafia before in response to me explaining my point is being evasive: You’re avoiding engaging with me because you don’t like what I’m saying.
Stop being toxic and calling names, SCUM. We don’t want any of that here.
I’m not being toxic. If anything this post is toxic. You’re trying to start a fight. I don’t need to go back and show you where I’ve called you out on your lies because I’ve already done that. I haven’t avoided engaging with you and I definitely haven’t been evasive. If you think I’m not answering something, why not phrase it in a form of a question and straight up ask me something?

I’m not continuing this back and forth. If you have something specific you want, you can ask it.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm just gonna dump my ass in a spoiler because wallposts are cancerous. Open at your own peril.

Spoiler: Inferno
In post 76, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 75, Elbirn wrote:
In post 26, profii wrote:
In post 22, Elbirn wrote:Aw sweet I rolled scum! That's one down guys, climb on board!

VOTE: Elbirn
Ah look, some WIFOM, this will help us
I take it you don't want on this ride? I mean. I'm giving you a freebie here. Why won't you take it? Don't you want dead scum? :(
Gosh fricking darn, Elbirn!
On one hand, this seems like such a troll thing to say, it’s almost NAI.
On the other, this response pings me to all heck. It feels totally off.
In post 81, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 79, Elbirn wrote:Mmmm I thought about it but I'd really rather commit to my gimmick here

I'd really like to find out why infernos pussy-footing around voting me, for example
Because the WIFOM in your scumclaim made me incredibly unsure on how to interpret it.
This, however, feels off. It seems like you’re trying to use me as a way to do a 1v1 to look more towny.
Posts 76 is tonally really bad/fake to me, but I've begun to wonder if that's just how Inferno posts. I don't like the lack of commitment, because spoiler alert, all I want is to make people commit to stances and generate discussion. Being denied that is what really prompted me to push his buttons.

Post 81 though, this 1v1 paranoia is something he's brought up a few times, and I'm not sure it's something I'd expect scum to have on their mind. Like..If I'm playing scum and someone's drawing me into a conversation, my first instinct of things to post is not "You're scum trying to trap me/earn towncred". I might think town is trying to trap me, but I'm not going to accuse the other person of being scum. No? Yes?
In post 87, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 82, profii wrote:
In post 80, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 78, profii wrote:
In post 73, Raskolnikov wrote:VOTE: No Lynch :shifty:
Well this is worse than giving us yourself as scum, Elbirn. Wanna wagon your scum buddy here?
I would hardly call this scummy. It’s well within RVS. It is odd tho.
I would vote you Elbirn , but I’m flip flopping like crazy.
No lynching on day 1 is actively not scum hunting

Self voting is super dumb because it is wifom between omg is he brave scum or is he OMG double bluffing for reaction tests- at least in town!elbirns world he is reaction testing but the question I would ask is, let me know if you get anything useful? You generally don’t

Ideally I say we move on from both of these but no voting on day 1 in my mind is worse than a self vote haha.
I agree that a No Lynch on D1 is a bad idea.
But I also think that during RVS, something like that can’t be read at face value. There is simply not enough info to make a call on whether it’s scum behavior or not.
Now, if we get later into the day and the slot still seems fishy, that’s when I’d come back and say that this was sus. At this point tho, the WIFOM element in play is too strong to make any sort of call. It’s just discussion generating at best.
On another note, I would almost call scum doing this sort of this a triple bluff, where the whole point is to lead people into thinking it’s a double bluff. IMO it’s not nearly as bad as self voting in RVS, because that generates like 0 discussion while a No Lynch at least generates some.
In post 99, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbirn
Okay, so here’s what I’m seeing. You self claim as scum. Profit points out the WIFOM. You immediately begin this passive aggressive push on him. That on the front looks like scumhunting, but feels totally off. I say I don’t know where to place you because on one hand, what you’re posting reads trolly town but tonally feels a lot more like fishing for a 1v1 than for scum. You accuse me of pussy footing. I restate my reason and say that I don’t think that Rask’s play is scum indicative at this point. You come back and tell me I’m wrong about Rask and then ask me why I think he’s doing it, which is a really odd series of events anyways, and then you question my read on what you’re doing, complain about me voting you, and then vote me for pressure.

At this point this whole thing feels like an attempt to maneuver yourself into a position where you can 1v1 and do a bunch of LAMIST stuff under the guise of that. The whole passive aggressive thing feels very sus.

Also, I find it amusing that people are saying that Rask’s vote generates no discussion while we’re sitting here literally discussing it.
Post 99 is just restatements of facts with no actual critical thinking. You still haven't told me why you think Rask voted no-lynch, hell you could have told me "I don't know", I just want to see what you think their motivation is. I'd like to know why the WIFOM of an RVS no-lynch is worth discussion, while the self-vote is worth 0 discussion...while we're sitting here literally discussing it. You seem interested in defending the no-lynch vote while discrediting my self-vote as worthless.

UNVOTE:

Inferno I'm going to let you in on a secret, I don't think you're scum I just want to hear your words and prod people in their brains until I see the light within them
In post 95, the worst wrote:
In post 91, Raskolnikov wrote:Inferno wins first notable goodpost award ()

VOTE: davesz
read my mind wrt ferno
@Both of you, What made that post notable or good when it was nothing? Like it's really self serving for Rasko to like it so lul
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:23 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 233, Elbirn wrote:VOTE: Gustavo

I'm on the cool dude wagon, now. Elbirn has sunglasses and everything.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 228, Inferno390 wrote:In hall honesty tho, I was coming into this game intending not to get dragged into heated arguments. But this whole Inferno390 is doing nothing but lying thing is incredibly frustrating, because it’s blatantly not accurate.
Sorry couldn’t help myself here.

If you don’t want arguments, why did you start one?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:24 am

Post by profii »

In post 173, HeWhoSwims wrote:Inferno... meet Gus.

I think Profii took the entire ordeal way too serious but I don't hold that as scummy, but NAI - and I doubt scum!profii would try to gain town cred by coming off as scum because as we see some people scumread him more often even when he's town.

TW is amazing and you can expect a lot of fluff and I have a feeling I might have a bad read on scumduck at times
This might be where I’ve miscommunicated and might be something to do with where people struggle to read me but your opinion matters more than mine there

I’m not sure why Gus said self voting is anti win con - of course it is
Also no voting is anti town win con - you can’t remove scum any other practical way

To answer your question about Rask though, Whilst I think the “play” is a bad idea, it’s not NAI, it just makes us over think that slot. As I said earlier, one of the voters will use that as an oppurtunity to get on the wagon so I’ll take a look after footy tonight

*note I’m a few pages behind rn
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am

Post by profii »

Gus called me iioa - I dunno what that means
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 237, profii wrote:Gus called me iioa - I dunno what that means
Information instead of analysis.

And I believe I used the term first.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Gustavo »

Refer to post 236. Classic example. You make wordy posts to appear like you are doing something but when I reach the end I don’t see you actually doing anything
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:28 am

Post by profii »

In post 182, brassherald wrote:Mid game is too late to wait, if no one has a strong read by day 2, he's the day 2 lynch, I think.
To be fair I’d agree in a weird way. I usually get an awesome day 1 gut read or 2 but when it gets to LyLo I have no idea how to convince the last player I’m the town option so I’d prefer not to have that responsibility for the rest of the team - however I think scum pick up on this and keep me alive - if you wiki me, I have a good survival rate (imo) and I am fully aware that isn’t necessarily a good thing
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:28 am

Post by profii »

In post 239, Gustavo wrote:
Refer to post 236. Classic example. You make wordy posts to appear like you are doing something but when I reach the end I don’t see you actually doing anything
Ok out of interest what does it stand for
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:28 am

Post by brassherald »

Refer to post . Classic example. You make wordy posts to appear like you are doing something but when I reach the end I don’t see you actually doing anything
Use post tags, it's really not that hard.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 241, profii wrote:
Am I even here? Is this a sixth sense scenario?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Why are all you peeps ignoring scumFlubber?

I mean voting Gus who has been a toxic jerk probably feels good but just because he is pompous and condescending doesn’t mean he is scum. Just that he’s a bad player in the wrong game.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Pine »

==> Vote Count 1.1 <==

With 17 votes in play, it's 9 to lynch!

The first round of turns goes more or less as expected. Everyone consolidates their most dense areas, and abandons isolated territories. Pine, of course, dumps his entire troop complement into Australia, while other teams carve up the Americas, Africa, and Europe. The black and grey teams get stuck in a land war in Asia, because they're dumb. That's always a sucker's bet.

[L-9]
Elbirn -
[L-9]
MagnaofIllusion -
[L-9]
Ausuka -
[L-8]
brassherald - davesaz
[L-8]
the worst - HeWhoSwims
[L-8]
dramonic - HitAlt
[L-9]
HitAlt -
[L-8]
Skygazer - Ausuka
[L-8]
Inferno390 - dramonic
[L-9]
Chickadee -
[L-9]
xyzzy -
[L-9]
HeWhoSwims -
[L-8]
Flubbernugget - MagnaofIllusion
[L-6]
Raskolnikov - the worst, xyzzy, Skygazer
[L-8]
davesaz - Raskolnikov
[L-5]
Gustavo - Elbirn, Inferno390, Profii, brassherald
[L-8]
Profii - Gustavo

Nursing their beer (Not voting)
- Chickadee, Flubbernugget

Deadline in (expired on 2018-07-09 15:40:00)

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 241, profii wrote:Ok out of interest what does it stand for
Information instead of analysis
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 am

Post by profii »

In post 243, brassherald wrote:
In post 241, profii wrote:
Am I even here? Is this a sixth sense scenario?
Still catching up (via phone) missed that sorry dude
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 242, brassherald wrote:
Refer to post . Classic example. You make wordy posts to appear like you are doing something but when I reach the end I don’t see you actually doing anything
Use post tags, it's really not that hard.
For me it is. So I’d appreciate if you just accept that going forward. Thank you
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 244, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why are all you peeps ignoring scumFlubber?

I mean voting Gus who has been a toxic jerk probably feels good but just because he is pompous and condescending doesn’t mean he is scum. Just that he’s a bad player in the wrong game.
This was completely unnecessary. I’d appreciate it if people please stop calling me toxic or a jerk or tbh any other sort of name calling. Let’s act like adults ok?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”