Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:26 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 512, AnonymousGhost wrote:
To be continued....

Duel Vote Count 1.6

RadiantCowbells: Garmr, Walt, FA_Q2, BuJaber
PenguinPower: Io, ejjinami

Not Voting: Shoshin, Nicolas Cage

Plurality Lynch Mechanic In Play: the player with the most votes by the end of the Duel deadline will be killed.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-10-09 12:57:38) :!:

Lynch Deadline Frozen @ 7 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes
You have 2 more days to talk to me.
Make use of it, whoever is town here.
In post 569, RadiantCowbells wrote:I say money in the sense that the odds are really there

Io can be town again because she's asking the right, pointed questions
Ejji was always town
PP town now
Nicholas cage town
RC town

thats 5

{Garmr, Bujaber} lock scum
partner in {FA_Q2, Walt, Shoshin}
those reads are correct. if you have any doubts about them, talk to me while I'm alive.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 557, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ejj and Nicholas Cage are, I think, town no matter what universe this is
Based on what?

And no you're absolutely wrong about PP. He's the obvious townie among you. You asked for time and I gave you it before voting you. I was never voting PP after he answered my questions.

You're trying to justify duelling someone who hasn't posted because you're about to be lynched.

This is either a gambit or a game throw and everyone who knows knows you're far more capable than throwing the game no matter what your personal reasons were.

The Maria game is now over so I can say that I've seen you have a personal beef with Tora and it didn't seem to affect your judgement. It certainly didn't make you lolvote someone or jump to a bunch of premature conclusions.

And in fact you replaced out when you realized you were wrong on Tora and you let your feelings get in the way but here you're trying to spin this like you solved the game because of your shitty duel.

If you were town and cared you would have replaced out. Wh4t didn't magically appear in the game. You knew they were playing from day 1.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:33 am

Post by BuJaber »

RC in your own words describe the difference between Garmr's scum and town metas?

Because I've not seen his scum game but I've seen his towngame and stubbornness/AtE/fighting are all part of the deal.

Like he and gustavo might have a shot at being worse than you and Tora if you had a competition of dysfunctional pairings in game.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:37 am

Post by BuJaber »

Also how the fuck do you imagine PP reacting there if he were scum?

Actually think about his play and tell me if it makes sense. His play never makes sense if he's scum and you're town.

If he were a noob maybe I can see him giving up if going against you but PP? Nah.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Garmr »

Rc before you said you earned clout to not have to put a case on me. Now your telling everyone your going to convince them I'm scum what changed?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:18 am

In post 579, Garmr wrote:Rc before you said you earned clout to not have to put a case on me. Now your telling everyone your going to convince them I'm scum what changed?
what are you trying to argue here lol
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:18 am

In post 577, BuJaber wrote:RC in your own words describe the difference between Garmr's scum and town metas?

Because I've not seen his scum game but I've seen his towngame and stubbornness/AtE/fighting are all part of the deal.

Like he and gustavo might have a shot at being worse than you and Tora if you had a competition of dysfunctional pairings in game.
shh

i don't talk to scumfucks like u
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:23 am

(if you must know I'm alternating going fuck it I hate everyone here enjoy your loss and going I must carry this to avenge my terrible duel)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:30 am

either way like i'm sure if my last will and testament in this lobby is garmr is fucking scum kill his stupid ass you WILL die before endgame
you just aren't good enough as scum to talk your way out of that. sorry.
but, like, it's not good enough for me to just have you die before endgame. I don't really care about just winning this game tbh. I care about making a statement.
there's a reason I'm playing this game past the point of PoEing it to a win, I'm going for 3/3 because I gotta prove to myself that all of this has been worth it or something.

Idk. I have a love/hate relationship with mafia right now. Whether true or not, I tell myself that my bad experiences/performances as town are because of other people reacting poorly to me.
If I can't perform well as town in a position where reads on me don't matter anymore then at least half of that is a lie and I should probably just move on.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:33 am

Post by BuJaber »

You want to talk about your reads or not?

Why would PP ever be scum with his entrance?
Why is Nick/Ejji/sho town?
What is the difference between scum!garmr and town!garmr?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:35 am

In post 415, Garmr wrote:
In post 413, Io wrote:Penguin's good at giving basic reads, but not very good at making himself readable.
I'm a bit unsure about him though, since I'm torn on how to read .
I'm leaning more scum though because like the rest of his posts he lacks any substance at all. They are bare-bone reads with no real reasoning behind them.
Most of his posts are also reactionary it seems rather than trying to promote discussion he is just reacting to whatever is brought up and as I said he doesn't even really add anything at all. He says things, but not actually having meaning behind his words.

VOTE: Penguin
I think this is a townie post but if penguin is lynched over RC I will replace out.
I have a serious problem with this.
I've objectively done nothing to you. If I was objectively being an asshole to you, sure, even as scum I am fine with something like this.
But I did nothing to antagonize you besides call you scum. I even went out of my way to make this less messy than it could have been.
I'm sure you know me by reputation enough to know that if you want to drag this down into the muck I will walk all over you. I am a lot better at fighting dirty than I am at fighting clean.
But you're using out of game threats to try to create a gamestate suitable for yourself as scum and relying on the fact that I'm not in the mood to fight back in the same way.
Make no mistake if you ever pull something like this again you'll get the same reaction in turn. This isn't good scum play, this isn't borderline, this is just
wrong
You want to talk about your reads or not?
To you? no. you're scum. like if you really want me to go through the motions with you of explaining why everyone is town I can do it out of respect, but I don't like want to.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:15 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

The sun set on the models of this tall tale, basking them all in an orange glow - fit for the gods - as it simultaneously blinded all of them by pointing its rays directing into their eyes.

Duel Vote Count 1.7

RadiantCowbells: Garmr, Walt, FA_Q2, BuJaber
PenguinPower: Io,

Not Voting: Shoshin, Nicolas Cage, ejjinami

Plurality Lynch Mechanic In Play: the player with the most votes by the end of the Duel deadline will be killed.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-10-09 12:57:38) :!:

Lynch Deadline Frozen @ 7 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:24 am

Post by BuJaber »

@RC Yes I want to because if you're town your reads are meaningless without reasoning. Like except for walt and Io and PP and garmr the rest looks like pure guessing from your end. So like where is the confidence coming from?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:29 am

Post by BuJaber »

I also can't talk RC!meta or self!meta until some games are finished so we only have other people to talk about.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:36 am

I don't think town you who is being scumread by me says that 'my reads are meaningless without reasoning.' I think that scum you definitely says it though.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:46 am

Post by BuJaber »

Yes I do and your scumread on me was way before that post.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:47 am

That is true.

I could explain everything to be more teach-y here. Hmm.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

Frankly I wouldn't care so much if you hadn't played the setup before. But you and garmr both have, both are active and are both suspecting each other.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:02 am

In post 592, BuJaber wrote:Frankly I wouldn't care so much if you hadn't played the setup before. But you and garmr both have, both are active and are both suspecting each other.
okay, but what does this mean?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:10 am

Post by BuJaber »

You're suggesting we lynch garmr. If both of you are town we are going to lose two veterans of the setup.
Town or scum each of your thoughts on this game are going to be more useful for analysis than someone who hasn't played before.

Not for reading them based on their posts but to try and guess how they'd duel or how they'd act around duels.

And then considering there's daychat if any setup veterans are scum and are teammates with a setup newbie they'd probably be coaching them in the PT. Going to be useful for associatives.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 am

???

YOU are choosing to lynch me right now and kill a veteran of the setup

So we shouldn't lynch Garmr because he's a veteran of the setup but lynching me when you think I'm town is fine?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 am

Like sorry you didn't even say that because you were too scared to even express that Garmr shouldn't be lynched: and thats why you're so obviously buddies. Because you won't SR each other but are terrified of expressing that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:15 am

But sure I'll just carry on as if you had actually expressed that notion in spite of the fact that that's what you were going towards but stopped shy of actually saying it because you knew how bad it would work. If lynching Garmr, a veteran of the setup, is concerning to you, then why is not equally concerning to you to lynch RC, also a veteran of the setup, and objectively a stronger player as town? You didn't seem particularly worried about the skill difference between me and PP (not claiming there is one, simply talking about your PoV) but you're defending Garmr on the basis of his experience with the setup... why?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:20 am

Post by BuJaber »

You misunderstood the point.
I'm saying you should post your thoughts fully because you're a veteran of the setup.

I'll grill garmr just as hard if he's up for a lynch.

Same with ejji and same with Io.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 am

You'll 'grill garmr just as hard if he is up for a lynch' but are you going to end up voting him? no you're not you're not gonna bus into autolose cuz you'll get powerlynched the next day when that read of mine is proven right.
I've expressed my thoughts, if you were town and thought Garmr was town you wouldn't give so many fucks about me 'expressing my thoughts', you're just looking for something that you can attack about my read.

Return to “Completed Open Games”