Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 790, bji wrote: My vote wasn't going to stand, I was just reaction testing you and others. As you saw just a few posts before I said I was willing to call you town lacking further evidence. Just about any explanation for why you picked Sash after quickhammer would have probably satisfied me.
Yeah, I figured as much, but I couldn't risk going to bed with a likely town vote on me already and my top scum team active. I've seen people quicklynched before for doing a quickhammer the previous day. That's acceptable in site meta. If I were scum, I would have wanted to try it - easy lynch and deprive town of a day of talk.
If you really are cop then thanks for what you've done, but I think it's not super cool to think you finished your job and just claim and leave. You should work harder with the power given to you.
I just meant leave unclaimed for the night.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 789, Garmr wrote:I'll just sheep then lynch me tomorrow I can't be bothered finding scum if I'm going to be mislynched because of creatures shitty read on me.
If that's your attitude, why don't you want lynched today? Why do you want to hang around another day...and night?

VOTE: Garmr
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:36 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 794, bji wrote:I didn't even know there were such things as Loud Cop and Loud Doctor. You kinda learn new stuff every time you play ...
Yeah, Loud is an interesting modifier. I had seen it before while designing games but didn't understand the use. Now I see the possibilities.

The proper play for someone who's told they were visited is to really examine the person who visited them and get a read. If the read is town, keep the info to yourself. If the read is scum, then raise the issue for discussion.

But, on this site, people have a hard time keeping a secret. I'd guess that 80% or more of people told they were visited are going to blurt it out at some point the next day. Then the cop has to decide whether to make a true claim or fake claim. Either way scum now know that the cop has a PR of some sort.

So, it's kind of like putting a 1X limit on the role, BUT if the cop and the targets play well, you can get more out of it.

Coming into this game I had an interesting dilemma. I came in at L-2. If I were forced to claim, scum kill or block me and I don't get a result. So, I had to town it up to take some heat off. OTOH, if I'm too towny, scum kill me, and we don't get a result. So, after towning it up to avoid an L-1, I had to scum it up a bit to avoid a NK.

And again, it goes to show you - don't read too much into replace outs. I think Tex told the truth - he wanted to play and have some fun, but when he came in he was immediately under pressure, and that's not fun for a newbie.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 801, Persivul wrote:
In post 789, Garmr wrote:I'll just sheep then lynch me tomorrow I can't be bothered finding scum if I'm going to be mislynched because of creatures shitty read on me.
If that's your attitude, why don't you want lynched today? Why do you want to hang around another day...and night?

VOTE: Garmr
VOTE: GARMR
I'm fine with that maybe you will learn to be a better player.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Persivul »

Yeah, there's no way I believe that town!Garmr gets this salty
without even a single vote
on him. Sounds like scum trying to fake town frustration, but not doing it well.
ReaperOfSouls
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
ReaperOfSouls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:32 am

Post by ReaperOfSouls »

In post 802, Persivul wrote:
In post 794, bji wrote:I didn't even know there were such things as Loud Cop and Loud Doctor. You kinda learn new stuff every time you play ...
Yeah, Loud is an interesting modifier. I had seen it before while designing games but didn't understand the use. Now I see the possibilities.

The proper play for someone who's told they were visited is to really examine the person who visited them and get a read. If the read is town, keep the info to yourself. If the read is scum, then raise the issue for discussion.

But, on this site, people have a hard time keeping a secret. I'd guess that 80% or more of people told they were visited are going to blurt it out at some point the next day. Then the cop has to decide whether to make a true claim or fake claim. Either way scum now know that the cop has a PR of some sort.

So, it's kind of like putting a 1X limit on the role, BUT if the cop and the targets play well, you can get more out of it.

Coming into this game I had an interesting dilemma. I came in at L-2. If I were forced to claim, scum kill or block me and I don't get a result. So, I had to town it up to take some heat off. OTOH, if I'm too towny, scum kill me, and we don't get a result. So, after towning it up to avoid an L-1, I had to scum it up a bit to avoid a NK.

And again, it goes to show you - don't read too much into replace outs. I think Tex told the truth - he wanted to play and have some fun, but when he came in he was immediately under pressure, and that's not fun for a newbie.
By the time I checked the thread you had already claimed so...That being said; loud as a modifier means a player is told he/she is visited?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 804, Persivul wrote:Yeah, there's no way I believe that town!Garmr gets this salty
on him. Sounds like scum trying to fake town frustration, but not doing it well.
You don't know town garmr then because it's part of my reputation.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Persivul »

Yep.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Loud

For most roles and game setups, and a lot of terminology, just google "mafiascum ______" and if there's a wiki page on it you'll find it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:36 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 806, Garmr wrote:
In post 804, Persivul wrote:Yeah, there's no way I believe that town!Garmr gets this salty
I would think that repeatedly self-voting as town, i.e. playing against wincon, would get you banned.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:36 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 808, Persivul wrote:
In post 806, Garmr wrote:
I would think that repeatedly self-voting as town, i.e. playing against wincon, would get you banned.
It doesn't
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Garmr »

Your lucky this is new garmr, old me would of posted a role pm in the thread to go fuck you. Check the ban thread to see when I done that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Persivul »

Just checked Mini 2027 and yeah, you self hammered as town. Problem now is that since you're aware of it and pointed out the meta yourself, it doesn't mean much.

Also, you're in absolutely no place to tell other people to learn how to play the game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:48 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 811, Persivul wrote:Just checked Mini 2027 and yeah, you self hammered as town. Problem now is that since you're aware of it and pointed out the meta yourself, it doesn't mean much.

Also, you're in absolutely no place to tell other people to learn how to play the game.
Never said I wasn't aware it's null. Also I feel like I can lecture.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:52 am

Post by Persivul »

Why don't you just quit acting like a 2-year-old and accept that townies getting scum read is part of the game?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 699, Garmr wrote:VOTE: Creature
l-1

I wanted to see how a couple of things resolved before I did this now they have.
What things resolved?

Why didn't you explain those things at the time?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 813, Persivul wrote:Why don't you just quit acting like a 2-year-old and accept that townies getting scum read is part of the game?
But i'm not getting scum read for a proper reason. I'm getting scum read because people are following a content less player who has got me wrong in the past who can't even read me correctly who never provided a real reason and I'm going to get mislynched because of it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 815, Garmr wrote: But i'm not getting scum read for a proper reason. I'm getting scum read because people are following a content less player who has got me wrong in the past who can't even read me correctly who never provided a real reason and I'm going to get mislynched because of it.
Is PoE a proper reason?

Living players:
1. Clemency
3. ReaperOfSouls
4. Sashaddin
5. Irrelephant11
6. Garmr
7. Flubbernugget TexdoesHalo Persivul
8. bji

From my claim and result:
1. Clemency
4. Sashaddin
5. Irrelephant11
6. Garmr
8. bji

2 out of 5 are scum. If you're not one, who is?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:00 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 814, Persivul wrote:
In post 699, Garmr wrote:VOTE: Creature
l-1

I wanted to see how a couple of things resolved before I did this now they have.
What things resolved?

Why didn't you explain those things at the time?
I wanted to wait to see ele to give me their read list because I suspected them of being scum, Also wanted to see some things with BJI, Then I wanted to see who would die tomorrow and ele's reaction.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 815, Garmr wrote:But i'm not getting scum read for a proper reason. I'm getting scum read because people are following a content less player
If he's contentless, how did you scum read him?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 816, Persivul wrote:
In post 815, Garmr wrote: But i'm not getting scum read for a proper reason. I'm getting scum read because people are following a content less player who has got me wrong in the past who can't even read me correctly who never provided a real reason and I'm going to get mislynched because of it.
Is PoE a proper reason?

Living players:
1. Clemency
3. ReaperOfSouls
4. Sashaddin
5. Irrelephant11
6. Garmr
7. Flubbernugget TexdoesHalo Persivul
8. bji

From my claim and result:
1. Clemency
4. Sashaddin
5. Irrelephant11
6. Garmr
8. bji

2 out of 5 are scum. If you're not one, who is?
I was thinking
Bji
Sash
Irrelphant.

Bji is obvious

I kinda got paranoid that sash had really similar reads to me and his convo with bji and him about me pulling back off a hammer was weird like it was setting me up. I been contemplating it over the night phase.

Irrelphant is a outlier in case I'm wrong on those two.

Originally I had

Bji
Sash
Irrelphant
You
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 818, Persivul wrote:
In post 815, Garmr wrote:But i'm not getting scum read for a proper reason. I'm getting scum read because people are following a content less player
If he's contentless, how did you scum read him?
The slot before him raya was scummy to me or aren't you able to read?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 633, Irrelephant11 wrote:{Garmr, skitter, clemency}
{bji, creature}
{reaper, persivul}
{sashaddin}

VOTE: sashaddin
Seems very *I'm here and talking, which is towny, right?* and based on others' "hmm probably town but the read doesn't hold if I really think about it" I'd put my money on this slot being scum over the two lurker-y slots (which is not to say I townread either of those slots)
Reaper can still be busy-IRL scum
Persivul can still be scum playing hard to avoid a wagon
If bji or creature are scum I doubt I'll catch them out this game day
Feel good with my top row, or at least, as good as I can given skitter and garmr both have strong scumgames iirc (definitely skitter, maybe I made that up about garmr? lol). Strength of the read? I would defend any of these three from a lynch, probably
There's the reads list. What did you conclude from it?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 820, Garmr wrote:The slot before him raya was scummy to me or aren't you able to read?
I'm well aware of it - said it myself. Just wanted to see what you would say.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:09 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 821, Persivul wrote:
In post 633, Irrelephant11 wrote:{Garmr, skitter, clemency}
{bji, creature}
{reaper, persivul}
{sashaddin}

VOTE: sashaddin
Seems very *I'm here and talking, which is towny, right?* and based on others' "hmm probably town but the read doesn't hold if I really think about it" I'd put my money on this slot being scum over the two lurker-y slots (which is not to say I townread either of those slots)
Reaper can still be busy-IRL scum
Persivul can still be scum playing hard to avoid a wagon
If bji or creature are scum I doubt I'll catch them out this game day
Feel good with my top row, or at least, as good as I can given skitter and garmr both have strong scumgames iirc (definitely skitter, maybe I made that up about garmr? lol). Strength of the read? I would defend any of these three from a lynch, probably
There's the reads list. What did you conclude from it?
Irrelevant can't be scum with sashaddin, the town reads were generic and safe, if their was a partner it would be Bji or a low content player like persivul/reaper but now we know it's not a low content player.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:17 am

Post by Persivul »

Yeah, if elephant is scum, from that reads list we'd expect partner to be in:
{bji, creature}
{reaper, persivul}

But the only one left there is bji.

So, scum looks like irrel/bji or garmr/sash.

Do you see any other possibilities?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”