northsidegal
MariaR
Gamma Emerald
Varsoon
Not voting
---
mutantdevle, Firebringer

With 13 alive it's 7 to achieve majority for the lynch

The day will end in (expired on 2018-12-16 10:00:00).
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1567, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1454, Varsoon wrote:[SNIP]
This looked like justifying a townread on me
As it turns out, apparently every time I voice disapproval with someone's play it 'looks like justifying a townread' or some rubbish.

In post 1577, Kokichi Oma wrote:I'll be back when varsoon and rc stop going back and forth
I'm done with it.
In post 1590, Elbirn wrote:
I'd have a better answer if content in this game existed that wasn't the two of you going at it

I think NK15 reads tonally fucky and I actually don't like his implication that you and Varsoon is SvS. Because while I could absolutely see you agreeing to cross bus if you rolled scum together, I just...the way yall have been you'd have to both be literal sociopaths to keep this up for so long. So uh basically he postured into a position where he could easily take either side? His unvote off varsoon kinda sucked.

NicoRobin probably needs to go if they're lurk-scum meta holds as much water as some of you have said

Gamma has been pinging my radar for a bit now because he doesnt really...do anything. He makes some pointless asides, commentary, and witty remarks, but theres not really any actual content or analysis. Hes been going with the flow voting with you against varsoon and that's about it. I think varsoon also made some good points about him earlier.
I do think there's actually a really solid amount of content to judge from pre-1v1 in juxtaposition with how people treated the 1v1. It's better than most D1s.

NicoRobin sorts itself by D2, though. If they're really busy IRL, they should just V/LA, but given that it's the end of the semester and ramp into the holidays, I think it's a bit unfair to hold people accountable solely for lurking. What about Nico's content that is here bothers you?

Gamma doing nothing is exactly why I have a vote there. I've come to expect more content and analysis from Gamma as of recently. I think, if anyone, he should be held accountable to engaging with the game a lot more, as, like I've said, he's clearly present (unlike other slots) but not offering much else.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Nibbui »

No, no, no.

For god's sake.

We're not repeating day 1 in other days. Hell no. No one is even playing the the game anymore just for today, if this keeps until day 3 idk how we are playing.

Varsoon is all about saying:
In post 1549, Varsoon wrote:Is it really too much to ask to make it to D2 or D3?
When we actually offered for him to back off from the 1v1 with Radiant and wait until day 3 to get confirmed. He refused and insisted on lynching RC today even though we could lynch Radiant if he ever did get IC-status.

Varsoon, Radiant has already backed off you, since I'm still here, do you get now that people on your wagon have actually reasons and are not only "foolishly" sheeping RC?

You say that Radiant is "lying" but it's more accurate to say that he is using the "straw man fallacy" (that in a certain way is lying), however, you are as well using the straw man fallacy. Look:

We've repeated to you a lot that we were lynching you today because we wanted a solution to "Varsoon vs Cowbells" and you refused to back off from the fight until IC-confirmed therefore making the game unplayable.

What you did ask for though was more or less to not only wait until day 3, but to actually take your side and lynch RC today as well. You asked for too much.

I'm not taking anyone side as well, but you can't say that this game state is only RC's fault. You began the game clearly in a provocative manner to him, knowing full well how his temperament is, I'm not saying though that it was wrong or whatever to do that, if you want to be provocative go ahead, however, when Radiant actually got into the fight, you couldn't handle your OWN temperament just as he couldn't handle his (or more actually, didn't want to handle), and now is kinda trying to look like some kind of victim.

Varsoon, really, I read in a certain post that you would feel bad if you got lynched on day 1 here, but don't take it personally. I've nothing against you and I'm not approving some of RC's behavior. If we all were having a nice chat and only Radiant was yelling and throwing a fit I would even policy lynch him maybe, however, you had a part on this fight as well. You gotta acknowledge it and at least stop the victim roleplay.

Supposing you're
town
, If you
really
, but
really
, would feel bad for being lynched today in real-life because your pride would kinda get hurt since you hate Cowbells's gut and playstyle, I can make a concession that honestly will be not game-related and unvote you.

However, if you're actually scum here and your ego just don't want to accept being lynched and caught by RC in day 1, I think it would be very, but VERY shameful to act like this. You would be basically what you say to despise; "someone that kills the fun of the game for everyone just for their own reasons".

Also, Nico Robin's meta obviously isn't working here
right now
, it's not only NR that isn't playing the game, it's half the playerlist. If we're voting NR let's be honest and confess that it's just a acceptable lynch (and before someone asks, I was yes voting for NR before, but it was different and I don't want to explain why yet).
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 am

Post by Nibbui »

Meh

VOTE: NicoRobin

If Varsoon flips scum here I swear, I'm adopting Radiant's policy of "fuck off, I don't care". I'm seeing too much scum using AtE around the site, and when they are town, use AtE and no one believes they, they get offended.

I'm not saying this particularly to you Varsoon, I don't even know how you play at all, neither I am saying this to anyone in specific.

Still, what the hell...

If you want people to understand when you're actually emotionally offended for real, don't EVER use AtE as scum.

If you do use AtE as scum, and expect people to back off from you when you use AtE as town, you're being unreasonable. Not everyone is going to know you enough to carefully distinguish what "barriers" you wouldn't cross as either alignment or whatever.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:53 am

Post by Nibbui »

I can actually go for Gamma as well.

RC, why Gamma is town?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Nibbui: I'm not going to repeat the play I've laid down here ever again, in this game or any other.
I went all-in on a 1v1 that ended up frustrating me more than any other game has. I apologize for both the 40 pages I've been complicit in putting everyone through as well as the impassioned and cruel things that I have said.

I still don't think people's reasons for voting me are validated beyond policy or believing in something that's untrue.
I also don't think that my confirmation of IC makes RC a must-lynch slot. RC's play is what should be judged, not their juxtaposition to me as confirmed town.

The game's plenty playable--don't prop the narrative that it's not. Folks are busy with finals, holidays, etc. and, yes, coming back to a game that's bloated 40 pages with a largely toxic 1v1 isn't something anyone wants to hop into during those times, but it's no excuse.

Once again, there's a hard difference between believing I am IC and trusting in that and thinking RC must be scum. The two ideas are vaguely related but each exists independently.

It's more than my pride--it's my faith in the mafiascum players as capable of making rational and informed decisions. It's violent and inciting rhetoric winning over actual casework and the conceit of decency.
That's why I've tried to take a hard step away from my entrenchment, because it's not doing the gamestate any favors and we've got about 3 days to figure this one out before deadline.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:57 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I have no reason to scumread Gamma and making a hood between NSG/myself where they are both scum seems really questionable from a scum PoV and making one where NSG is town and he is scum also seems very questionable. he's not literally never scum but I don't have any reason to think he's scum
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:58 am

regarding nicorobin she's posted a solid amount elsewhere on site during the time frame and isn't usually the kind of person to avoid a thread because toxic.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:01 am

i note that, as i said, my reasons for that read are significantly worse than my reasons for my core townreads
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:02 am

Post by NicoRobin »

What content? I have been posting fluff.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:04 am

Post by Nibbui »

Varsoon, I honestly don't know what to say to you. You still think we were all manipulated into voting you without reasons.

If Radiant is scum here, what he did was to be provocative to you and made you take decisions that didn't look town at all. There is nothing created out of thin air here. Although he is constantly "lying" and using straw man fallacy, for him to be able to use the straw man, he at least needs some reasons. What he is doing is trying to make you scummier than you actually is.

But anyway ok, I get your point. I'll go somewhere else today out of respect for you as a person.

Also, I don't believe as well that you getting to IC makes RC scum, but you see, you wanted to lynch Radiant and Radiant wanted to lynch you, if we all believed that we could at least play the game without so much yelling...

But ok, I understand your point and I hope you somewhat understand mine. Let's go back to playing.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:05 am

That's beyond what you're capable of talking about regarding other games and you haven't been posting fluff here, so.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:06 am

the idea of maria/nicorobin/gamma interests me, scum really wanting me to use my neighbourhood on scum.
I told gamma I had a neighbourhood ability (the one I used on firebringer) and he immediately suggested Nicorobin because she likes hoods, then Maria an hour later said hey I need to be added to a hood for a quest
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:10 am

i suppose that's too obvious though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 am

rc town
elbirn town
nibbul town
mutant town
chibi should be town

heart still says fire town post reread but not literally never scum I guess

nk15 who even knows. i trend towards thinking he's town
i'll back down on gamma town without confirmation on varsoon's alignment but they're not svs

kokichi and NSG both need to do more

maria/nicorobin are my scumreads
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:23 am

meh

with the benefit of a bit of distance i don't really think nsg is scum
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:52 am

Post by NicoRobin »

So you think I lied about being busy and thus threw my future integrity under the bus?

Well then, thanks for thinking so little of me. >.>
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:53 am

Post by NicoRobin »

If this is truly how you think of me as a person, then don't ever talk to me ever again.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Nibbui »

Oh right Chibi had asked about my scum reads

since we'll not be flipping Varsoon I can only say of my scum reads on this moment

I suppose I don't like Gamma, Nico and Varsoon currently. Also I have mixed feelings about NSG.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'd take NK15 over Nico at this moment.
I don't think Nico fakes taking something personally as scum here.
Reads as genuine Nico to me, but, like I said, Nico needs to engage and play come D2 when they should, realistically, be more free to do so.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 am

In post 1616, NicoRobin wrote:So you think I lied about being busy and thus threw my future integrity under the bus?

Well then, thanks for thinking so little of me. >.>
In post 1617, NicoRobin wrote:If this is truly how you think of me as a person, then don't ever talk to me ever again.
i didn't say that, your statements about irl are obviously true
but that doesn't mean your activity here being lower than elsewhere on site isn't a ?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 am

Maria would be next on the cutting block for me I guess
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 am

i dunno like that doesn't convince me that nr is town at all but i just don't want to deal with it right now
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

Same.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1589, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: NR

She's been far more active elsewhere on site and the actual content that she has made leans towards scum for me
I want you to sit in the corner and think about what you’re doing
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”