Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i'm gonna go to bed and not think about this until the morning and hopefully nsg does something between now and then.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 2162, RadiantCowbells wrote:i played this the way I had to with varsoon doing what he was doing. i'm like I am out of necessity.
I'm not sure if it was a necessity, but I get where you are coming from. That's a way to deal with the situation.

Well, let's just move on from that though.

VOTE: Radiant

Nothing personal but I'm not moving my vote from here, in fact, I can even perhaps yell for this lynch.

If there's even a 1% chance that Radiant is scum here, I'm lynching him today. I don't want to perhaps see this kind of play defended on post-game because it's a "winnable strategy".
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2174, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: Not Known 15
This seems right.
Agreed. His bust is worth nothing after the town flip.
VOTE: NK15
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I was objectively not the problem here Nibbui. Varsoon fake claimed IC to try to mislynch me and when everyone pointed out that his actions didn't fit his claim he stuck with trying to mislynch me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:27 pm

You can push a mislynch on me for some sort of stupid policy reasons but you better be 100% clear that this all came out of Varsoon's decisions. I had no way of predicting him fakeclaiming as town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Elbirn »

*sighs deeply forever*
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

if varsoon was telling the truth about his IC claim then we fucked up, but the fact he didn't means we would have wasted days on this rc vs varsoon and a possible investigation on varsoon would have gotten him mislynched anyways. varsoon should have backed down from this little fued. I think it was pretty clear he was townreading rc at multiple points but wouldn't admit it because he wanted to just lynch him.

lets move on.
I am 99.99% sure rc is town and everyone and their mothers can call me bad after the game if i am wrong.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:28 pm

In post 2180, Elbirn wrote:*sighs deeply forever*
we would have just ended up lynching him later after his fakeclaim. at least now we know.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Nibbui »

He wasn't necessarily fakeclaiming, /in to mod had some probability of actually getting him confirmed. He did fakeclaim it being a certainty though.

and it isn't stupid, I'm just mulling over if it's worth to go through the trouble for this game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:31 pm

it's stupid to pin the blame on me for the actions of another. i even said at the time that the point of his IC claim was where he became 100% scum for me.
he chose repeatedly to double down on his IC claim to try to leverage it against me at the risk of making himself lynchable rather than play honestly.
for all his moralizing about how mafia is played what he did here was absolutely disgusting.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:32 pm

And whether or not it's true all of us scumread him because he clearly wasn't playing like it was true but he insisted it was. so, like, what do you want me to do?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2181, Firebringer wrote: I am 99.99% sure rc is town and everyone and their mothers can call me bad after the game if i am wrong.
Ah, but therein lies the rub. We dont even know this. Like RC spent all of Day 1 death tunneling town, but they were both death tunneling each other for out of game reasons while pretending they werent, and the one was fake claiming out of his ass for some reason, and what have got? 90 pages of noise propagated by the top post in our game and it's all basically NAI cuz "lol he lied and we just dont like each other"

What content do we have of RC to point to as AI? What did we *learn* today?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm

how else, as a town, are we supposed to resolve someone who is attempting to policy lynch another townie who they don't scumread to the point of fakeclaiming IC and sticking to it when their fakeclaim gets called into question?
this outcome was regrettable but not because we lynched varsoon, what's regrettable is the actions varsoon took that led him to be lynched.
Ah, but therein lies the rub. We dont even know this. Like RC spent all of Day 1 death tunneling town, but they were both death tunneling each other for out of game reasons while pretending they werent, and the one was fake claiming out of his ass for some reason, and what have got? 90 pages of noise propagated by the top post in our game and it's all basically NAI cuz "lol he lied and we just dont like each other"

What content do we have of RC to point to as AI? What did we *learn* today?
You can't say that I was tunneling Varsoon for out of game reasons when the actual reasons that I was so sure that he was scum were correct.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I'm not moving my vote from you but whatever to be honest.

Even if you're scum, and to be honest I think you actually might be scum with that flip for a entirely different reason, at least It won't be my problem. If I decided the lynch, you would be the lynch today and that's good enough. I won't stress myself over convincing everyone to think like me here, this game has had enough toxicity already anyway.

I'll later explain why I think you might be scum here though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 pm

I expect an apology from you after this game if you're town, Nibbui.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 2189, RadiantCowbells wrote:I expect an apology from you after this game if you're town, Nibbui.
Why.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:38 pm

I didn't create this situation but you're taking it out on me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Do what you gotta do man but I was always the victim here.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Nibbui »

You can say Varsoon did a lot of shit and that's right.

Saying you have 0 responsibility is bullshit though. You're shrugging it off too easy honestly Radiant.

Even before the IC claim you were already set on your ways, but you're just trying to put all the blame on him now.

There's no clear right or wrong here for me, just unhappy things that came from both parties, maybe from one more than the other, but still from both parties.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2187, RadiantCowbells wrote: You can't say that I was tunneling Varsoon for out of game reasons when the actual reasons that I was so sure that he was scum were correct.
No you were evidently not correct, because he flipped town. That's kind of how that works, logically. You can argue he needed to die regardless if you want to but you dont get to say that you were right about him being scum when he flipped town. :neutral:
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Elbirn »

This isnt productive.

VOTE: NK15
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 pm

In post 2193, Nibbui wrote:You're shrugging it off too easy honestly Radiant.
If some guy who has a personal problem with me wants to try to policy lynch me and fakeclaim IC to do so I won't fault myself for doing what it takes to prevent that.
No you were evidently not correct, because he flipped town. That's kind of how that works, logically. You can argue he needed to die regardless if you want to but you dont get to say that you were right about him being scum when he flipped town. :neutral:
I was correct that
his actions did not align with his claim and not for reasons that were based off of his personality, they simply did not make any fucking sense

he chose to continue to justify his actions within the narrative that he was going to be confirmed town instead of admitting that it was a fakeclaim.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

They were good reasons despite the flip being green
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:44 pm

also one of the pair of us tried to cool things and do something else for the day phase. the other of us redoubled that conflict (obviously now because they knew they would lose all credibility pushing me when people found out they weren't IC)

If I hadn't gotten the Varsoon wagon through today and we had lynched Varsoon on D3 when he wasn't confirmed town, would you be angry at me then?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:46 pm

From the moment Varsoon made that claim and resolved to keep it going to try to mislynch me instead of backing down on it his slot had to be lynched. all that I did was make it happen sooner rather than later.

and frankly everyone is better off for it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”