Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

NSG is still in some sort of middle ground question markness. she needs to produce content.
I feel in my gut that I am going to be nightkilled regardless of whether she's scum so I'm not going to ever end up having a chance to give a read on her due to her machinations or RL circumstances, who knows, but it's kinda ugly.

Gamma I don't really have a reason to locktown but I kinda feel like scum him would be scared to try to interact with me in the way that he's been interacting with me.

NK15 maybe scum. who knows. Mutant's super townread there makes me scared to vote there since I know that I would have trouble reading there.
I don't really know if Mutant can read him either? So, like? I don't know!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:18 am

Maria is also in the boat of 'calling Varsoon out for scummy things but not being willing to vote there' but given that she has a policy of resisting me-led wagons that is not really taht indicative.
Kokichi Oma is a real ? I can't say that anything that I have generates a read on him? Now that I'm seeing scumteams that exist that don't include him I'm less gung ho about him being scum but I don't townread him either.
And Nicorobin has essentially done nothing and was the ideal lynch for today but either because of her role or because of elbirn's (I sincerely doubt this comes from another source) she is still alive and we're stuck looking at others
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2398, RadiantCowbells wrote:Chibibear is because I sincerely doubt scum threatens to replace out because they don't get the lynch they want
How confident are you in this read, really?
That seems an awful reason to townread someone.
Scum can do things like this. Scum can act in such ways. This sort of behaviour does not make anyone town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:22 am

gamma's, like, really hard to explain because I'm mostly townreading him for being friendly to me on a sitewide basis that seems to be because of this game mostly but if he was scum would this be a thing? but like I can't recall ever having this read so I can't actually like do anything with it. my gut says he'd be scared to be openly pockety of me as scum but then again that 180 was when Nico was under pressure and if Nico is in fact scum with a "cannot be lynched today ability" (which ftr makes her a pretty high priority lynch soon because if she does then regardless of flip it makes Elbirn a lot less likely to be scum here) then Gamma was 180ing towards me because... their unlynchable partner got voted? so blah. who would gamma be scum with even?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:23 am

In post 2402, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 2398, RadiantCowbells wrote:Chibibear is because I sincerely doubt scum threatens to replace out because they don't get the lynch they want
How confident are you in this read, really?
That seems an awful reason to townread someone.
Scum can do things like this. Scum can act in such ways. This sort of behaviour does not make anyone town.
I would have seen this only once before and by a player who was so obviously a scummy 'person' that it didn't at all surprise me to see it from scum them.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:24 am

barring said person actually being explicitly aggressive against that person in general, this feels rather different and I'm just shrugging at it I guess
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 am

elbirn also hopped onto nico initially when I backed off of varsoon then ended up voting Gamma which given gamma's play there isn't really that big of a ? mark but eh
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2405, RadiantCowbells wrote:barring said person actually being explicitly aggressive against that person in general, this feels rather different and I'm just shrugging at it I guess
I don't understand that sentence.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:27 am

It would be far less surprising for scum to threaten to replace out failing to lynch someone who they felt was being toxic to them on an out of game basis.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:32 am

So where do I actually stand

{RC, Mutant, Firebringer, Nibbui, Chibi} townblock
{Gamma}
{NK15, NSG}
{Kokichi} -null-
{Elbirn, Maria}
{Nicorobin}
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 am

so who am I gonna vote

Nicorobin's off limits
Neither maria nor elbirn are gonna get lynched

so I guess Kokichi just to shrink the poe pool?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 am

I kinda want to be hands off for
reasons

i think most of what I can offer this town is to put up a strong enough townblock that scum need to kill me

just don't lie to yourselves and think that maria/elbirn refusing to vote varsoon is a towntell. it's a nulltell at best for maria and a definite +equity scum for elbirn.

I like mutant's insistence that he should be seen as voting Varsoon for VCA as well. My gut says that there is at most 1 but probably no scum on that actual wagon
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:36 am

I'm gonna actually closeread Nibbui again because if that's wrong my entire readslist is worthless and I have enough doubt that it's worth following up on
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2408, RadiantCowbells wrote:It would be far less surprising for scum to threaten to replace out failing to lynch someone who they felt was being toxic to them on an out of game basis.
Yeah but who says that this threat had real intent behind itself and wasn't just an attempt to push you to lynch while you are vulnerable?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2412, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm gonna actually closeread Nibbui again because if that's wrong my entire readslist is worthless
Why does this make your entire readslist worthless?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 am

being wrong on placement of scumreads is only barely relevant but if your overall poe is wrong your readslist is absolutely worthless.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:44 am

or in other words, having incorrect strong townreads means you lose the game
having wrong top tier scumreads but being right on the pool of people that the scum are within still wins you the game.

there's a reason I'm putting a lot more effort into my townreads than my scumreads.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2416, RadiantCowbells wrote:or in other words, having incorrect strong townreads means you lose the game
having wrong top tier scumreads but being right on the pool of people that the scum are within still wins you the game.

there's a reason I'm putting a lot more effort into my townreads than my scumreads.
That makes sense.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Nibbui »

between kokichi and NK15 I'm rather lynching NK.

Mutant "but he says similar things as town as well"

and that doesn't make him townie for me, just a bit less scummy.

However, Kokichi willing to publicly say that he can unlock players second role, and not only that, that afterwards he could unlock two people at once and we did get to choose who, makes him a bit townier than NK right now. He would basically be empowering town and I'm not sure he would say that just for the WIFOM.

Maybe. But for now I want someone else.

Also, I don't like how mutant isn't one bit suspicious of NK15. Even if he say things like that as town, won't he do the similar as scum?

VOTE: NK15
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2378, jjh927 wrote:NicoRobin is no longer a valid lynch for the rest of this phase and votes for her will not be counted.

I'll give you another 5 hours to account for my lack of immediacy with votecounts.

Votecount #13:

PlayerVotesVoters
Not Known 15
Firebringer, Gamma Emerald, northsidegal
RadiantCowbells
ChibiBear
Not voting
---
NicoRobin, mutantdevle, MariaR, RadiantCowbells, Nibbui, Elbirn, Kokichi Oma, Not Known 15

With 12 alive it's 7 to achieve majority for the lynch

The night will end in (expired on 2018-12-17 08:00:00).
Whomst the fuck
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Anyone wanna claim that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2399, RadiantCowbells wrote:the big 180 for me has been Elbirn. I'm going back to my original read there of disliking him tonally and there's not really any interactions with either me or the varsoon wagon that say that he has to be town.
this nicorobin lynch being blocked off thing is also extremely sketchy to me given the context and I'm wondering if his role gave scum the ability to block off certain lynches for the night so that he is responsible for NR not being lynched
So I used my one shot role to keep the thread open at night but it also made someone immune to a lynch and the person I chose for that was someone i then voted for?

This is pretty contrived considering abilities...you know. Do one thing.
also of all the people who kept like pointing out that there were problems with varsoon's play he was the one who just... wouldn't vote there. going through his iso there's so many times where he called out varsoon for different things but he always went back to nah I'm not doing this, then the "hey I am compromising" bullshit after Varsoon cancelled the peace treaty. Of the people calling me potential scum today he also did so in the most scummy way by simply calling all my content NAI and not trying to take a stance from there. I don't have any positive feelings about the way he interacted with Varsoon and his willingness to point out scumminess in his play but unwillingness to vote there strikes me as white knighting now.
I'm frankly never going to claim to be the best communicator so before I get cranky at you, if I've not made myself clear that's my bad. I think you've misunderstood me entirely though. I've never had a scumread on Varsoon, and as far as your claim that I've "pointed out problems in his play", no I told him he was being a twat towards you and that's it. Then we had a sketch IC claim and I turned my brain off on him because it became the problem that solves itself.

Legitimately, RC, if we have to go back to that 1v1 I'll tell you exactly where my head was and is at. You two were having your dick measuring contest and while I don't condone Varsoon's behavior either, I thought that you were going about it in the scummiest way. (Not morally, gameplay wise.) And maybe on top of that, you caught me, Varsoons someone on this site I happen to enjoy the existence of so maybe I was a little bit biased. And maybe on top of that...fuck I hate to rock the boat but you're..not really someone I like. Sorry. It's an entirely in game thing, we've played several games together and its near always not a healthy experience, and the way you talk to people pisses me right off at times. I dont want to be shitty towards you, or hell anyone for that matter, we just dont mesh well. I'm sure your an irl GoodDude.

I got sidetracked and I tend to ramble. Uh the point is this: BFF varsoon fought that guy I dont care for and emotion ruled the day, and while trying to be peaceful with you later on I subconsciously accidentally started to like.. organically townread you and wanted to work with you, and when I realized that I felt like I made a deal with the devil and didnt want to really divulge that. If you read me again that should be pretty obvious

n-not that I like you or anything, baka

Tldr you're not in my potential scum pile and after varsoons town flip I was shitty towards you a bit cuz I was frustrated and while yeah I think your spat with him is NAI cuz you just hate each other I've been secretly townreading you for a while

I wrote a lot because I'm caffeinated and I want you to know how I feel
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Elbirn »

(Also its anime so I assume that's Nicos role keeping her alive, she even posted the weird flavor thing in thread)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2403, RadiantCowbells wrote:gamma's, like, really hard to explain because I'm mostly townreading him for being friendly to me on a sitewide basis that seems to be because of this game mostly but if he was scum would this be a thing? but like I can't recall ever having this read so I can't actually like do anything with it. my gut says he'd be scared to be openly pockety of me as scum but then again that 180 was when Nico was under pressure and if Nico is in fact scum with a "cannot be lynched today ability" (which ftr makes her a pretty high priority lynch soon because if she does then regardless of flip it makes Elbirn a lot less likely to be scum here) then Gamma was 180ing towards me because... their unlynchable partner got voted? so blah. who would gamma be scum with even?
Tbh if that governor shot was Town they need to claim sooner rather than later as that clears up the motivations behind the action. A short explanation of why would help too.
<Embrace The Void>

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:02 am

Post by MariaR »

WHEWWWWWWWWWWW
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”