rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:46 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In the game that we do have (I understand that you replaced in so it was later), you were not being entirely serious, but looking back at it I think you were trying to get reactions (FWIW I wrongly scumread you there and caused your lynch, but here I feel I’m right), with that scumslip duff etc. Here you are not doing that.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Vedith »

You mean this game where I'm told I'm just trolling and was town?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78471

Using meta as a reason without being able to back it up is scummy.
I might lynch you today.
I claim scum \o/
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:49 am

Post by rosterfoster »

There’s trolling and there’s trolling. Your trolling there was actually productive (or trying to be anyway). Here there is no room for proper reactions other than people attacking you just for trolling.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 326, rosterfoster wrote:In the game that we do have (I understand that you replaced in so it was later), you were not being entirely serious, but looking back at it I think you were trying to get reactions (FWIW I wrongly scumread you there and caused your lynch, but here I feel I’m right), with that scumslip duff etc. Here you are not doing that.
When was I trying to get reactions? Even Dunn said I was trolling that game and has played a lot more games with me then majority of players.
The only time I was serious in that game other than the vote was after the hammer.
This is using meta as your reason to Scum hunt when it doesn't exist.
If you just said I was playing scummy in this game I might have accepted your vote.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 328, rosterfoster wrote:There’s trolling and there’s trolling. Your trolling there was actually productive (or trying to be anyway). Here there is no room for proper reactions other than people attacking you just for trolling.
So is my Scum game me trolling with no productivity?
What was productive in that game? Other than me saying I know Scum but I won't give reads?
I claim scum \o/
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:56 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Trolling by itself is a scummy behaviour (post RVS). But you have a meta for it, so how you troll is important.

viewtopic.php?p=10703797#p10703797 and a couple other posts like it

I felt under genuine pressure when you were posting this stuff (and it's not like I was scum). It was deliberately provocative, but it had something to do with the game. Here it doesn't.

Btw, your interaction with eyes was also scummy, which you seem to have failed to mention.

Pedit: It wasn't productive because it didn't work (arguably that sequence of events put the game beyond reach). But as I saw it (after seeing your flip) you were trying to get real reactions that are relevant to the game. That has townie motivation, irrespective of whether it works for the game it is done in.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:Trolling by itself is a scummy behaviour (post RVS). But you have a meta for it, so how you troll is important.
But you're argument is I'm scummy before of meta, not because I am trolling.
So if meta is my reason for being Scum, explain my Scum meta.
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:viewtopic.php?p=10703797#p10703797 and a couple other posts like it
So me saying the mod got Scum count wrong is a serious troll?

I'm on phone so I'm doing piece by piece and responding but let me hand you this here shiney shovel.
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:I felt under genuine pressure when you were posting this stuff (and it's not like I was scum). It was deliberately provocative, but it had something to do with the game. Here it doesn't.
It was never deliberately proactive.
But if you had pressure with this, just wait until I tunnel you this game until one of us are dead.
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:Btw, your interaction with eyes was also scummy, which you seem to have failed to mention.

Pedit: It wasn't productive because it didn't work (arguably that sequence of events put the game beyond reach). But as I saw it (after seeing your flip) you were trying to get real reactions that are relevant to the game. That has townie motivation, irrespective of whether it works for the game it is done in
In what way do I fail to mention about me and eyes? You are bringing the case that I'm Scum because I trolled in a game where I was town. Why would I randomly say "but my interaction with eyes"? I'm not sure what your point is with that?
And for it being scummy. I'm okay with that part.

I wasn't trying to get reacts I was trolling. You are comparing two same situations with different wordings and saying what my intentions were on both.
You're entire argument is you deciding what mind set I had when posting in that game to this game when it's not different at all.

VOTE: Rooster

Today is a lynch on me or you. If outside I'll make it unbearable to make sure it's one of us.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Vedith »

More votes on Rooster we can lynch here today \o/
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Vedith »

I claim scum \o/
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:26 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 332, Vedith wrote:So if meta is my reason for being Scum, explain my Scum meta.
It's a reason, not the only reason. I have not looked at your scum games yet (shock horror!), but I am trying to understand the motivation for what you are saying. It is not the town motivation that I now see you had in our previous game (which btw I can make a much better judgement about than some random scum game of yours that I wasn't in).
Vedith wrote:
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:Trolling by itself is a scummy behaviour (post RVS). But you have a meta for it, so how you troll is important.
I think it was fairly obvious that neither of us had looked at that rule, or thought that it existed. However, you obviously knew that 3 scum was normal, so it was not unreasonable for me to say that (as town or scum). However, trying to push this gets some reactions from me, which I think proved rather useful in you townreading me (the only read you got right btw, which I think is largely because you had that direct interaction with me).
But if you had pressure with this, just wait until I tunnel you this game until one of us are dead.
Well maybe I feel pressure in a different way to you then. I really don't like how you're just now in tunnel mode now though. This may actually be a playstyle thing more than anything, but I feel it's much better to be conversational.
In what way do I fail to mention about me and eyes? You are bringing the case that I'm Scum because I trolled in a game where I was town. Why would I randomly say "but my interaction with eyes"? I'm not sure what your point is with that?
By not mentioning it?

I believe that you troll every game, regardless of alignment. However, you're no Clemency, and no matter what you say there is some motivation behind your posts (whether conscious or not) that is from your alignment. Trying to figure out how that plays into how you troll is what I'm doing.
You're entire argument is you deciding what mind set I had when posting in that game to this game when it's not different at all.
Umm.. yes? That's kind of what this game is about. I'm not sure I could play any other way.

Pedit: I'm not a chicken.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:27 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Oh shit that post got warped. I'll try to fix it.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 332, Vedith wrote:So if meta is my reason for being Scum, explain my Scum meta.
It's a reason, not the only reason. I have not looked at your scum games yet (shock horror!), but I am trying to understand the motivation for what you are saying. It is not the town motivation that I now see you had in our previous game (which btw I can make a much better judgement about than some random scum game of yours that I wasn't in).
I think it was fairly obvious that neither of us had looked at that rule, or thought that it existed. However, you obviously knew that 3 scum was normal, so it was not unreasonable for me to say that (as town or scum). However, trying to push this gets some reactions from me, which I think proved rather useful in you townreading me (the only read you got right btw, which I think is largely because you had that direct interaction with me).
Well maybe I feel pressure in a different way to you then. I really don't like how you're just now in tunnel mode now though. This may actually be a playstyle thing more than anything, but I feel it's much better to be conversational.
By not mentioning it?

I believe that you troll every game, regardless of alignment. However, you're no Clemency, and no matter what you say there is some motivation behind your posts (whether conscious or not) that is from your alignment. Trying to figure out how that plays into how you troll is what I'm doing.
Umm.. yes? That's kind of what this game is about. I'm not sure I could play any other way.

Pedit: I'm not a chicken.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 335, rosterfoster wrote:It's a reason, not the only reason. I have not looked at your scum games yet (shock horror!), but I am trying to understand the motivation for what you are saying. It is not the town motivation that I now see you had in our previous game (which btw I can make a much better judgement about than some random scum game of yours that I wasn't in).
Back peddling here, eh?
So I'm Scum because I am trolling here and because I troll with a reason in other games. This is correct?

What the fuck is with that oddly done quote?
So first of about the post you quoted. It was on the opening rules so why would i suspect people don't know it?
Again you are trying to tell me what my reasons were for posting it.

You will have a lot of pressure today don't worry.

How can you believe that I troll every game with 1 game played with me? Yes me trolling is what you are Scum reading me for. Surely by your argument it's NAI and the reasons for Scum reading me are this game alone.
And what is me not mentioning me and eyes posting which happened like 2 pages ago have to do with anything? There would be no reason for me to randomly mention it as either align.

No it's not deciding what mindset I had on a completed game where I am town. If I say what my intentions were there then that's what I am saying they are there.
You are here to decide my mind side and motivations for this game alone.

You'll still cook well! \o/
I claim scum \o/
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:45 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 328, rosterfoster wrote:There’s trolling and there’s trolling.
I stopped reading after this not gonna lie.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Vedith »

Vote Chickenboy.
Let's make a better tomorrow, today! \o/
I claim scum \o/
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:49 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Back peddling here, eh?
No.
So I'm Scum because I am trolling here and because I troll with a reason in other games. This is correct?
Yes. Your trolling here was designed to slow the game down (and to some extend it worked. Obviously I didn't help by not being active until now but hard to decipher posts make it harder).
So first of about the post you quoted. It was on the opening rules so why would i suspect people don't know it?
Does anyone actually read the rules and then remember that tiny bit of information?
Again you are trying to tell me what my reasons were for posting it.
But it helped you sort me, no? Whether you mean to or not (though I strongly suspect you mean to) how you troll will be different depending on if you are town or scum. You couldn't control that if you wanted to.
How can you believe that I troll every game with 1 game played with me?
Nobody blinks an eye when you troll. You do, don't you? If that's not the case link me a recent game where you haven't.
Yes me trolling is what you are Scum reading me for. Surely by your argument it's NAI and the reasons for Scum reading me are this game alone.
And what is me not mentioning me and eyes posting which happened like 2 pages ago have to do with anything? There would be no reason for me to randomly mention it as either align.
-That, and the eyes interaction (as I said before). Also now your convenient arguments which try to paint what I said in a different light.
-It's not NAI, as I feel very sure that scum you and town you troll differently. We are not entirely in control of this, so regardless of whether you intend to just troll what actually happens in different. It's human nature. Perhaps I was wrong about you having a very clear goal with your trolling in that game, but there is still motivation, whether you are aware of it or not.
-Because it was the first thing I said I scumread you for in the post where I voted you?
You are here to decide my mind side and motivations for this game alone.
But comparing you mindset and motivations to a previous game I was quite invested in is useful. I don't necessarily need another reference point (which seems to be your whole defense), because this game is not black and white. If you could link to a scum game of yours, however, I would appreciate it. Probably wont be able to look at it right now, but later.

Pedit: I know it's dense, but if you try to parse what I'm saying it might make a lot more sense.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:Yes. Your trolling here was designed to slow the game down (and to some extend it worked. Obviously I didn't help by not being active until now but hard to decipher posts make it harder).
Is this what I was doing it for or is it a theory?
In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:Does anyone actually read the rules and then remember that tiny bit of information?
Do town remember how many Scum there are when seeing it? Yes
In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:But it helped you sort me, no? Whether you mean to or not (though I strongly suspect you mean to) how you troll will be different depending on if you are town or scum. You couldn't control that if you wanted to.
I'm pretty good I could have sorted you either way.
Just because I can a town Scum tell from my posts doesn't mean that I'm aiming for it.
Trolling in games will get you lynched a lot more than not so explain why trolling is scummy for a start and why it benefits Scum.
In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:Nobody blinks an eye when you troll. You do, don't you? If that's not the case link me a recent game where you haven't.
By recent games I have 1 completed game in the last year or so.
I have plenty of games where I "troll" and plenty where I don't. That's as both alignments.
You're argument is my meta here so you are the one to present the proof of this.
In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:-That, and the eyes interaction (as I said before). Also now your convenient arguments which try to paint what I said in a different light.
-It's not NAI, as I feel very sure that scum you and town you troll differently. We are not entirely in control of this, so regardless of whether you intend to just troll what actually happens in different. It's human nature. Perhaps I was wrong about you having a very clear goal with your trolling in that game, but there is still motivation, whether you are aware of it or not.
-Because it was the first thing I said I scumread you for in the post where I voted you?
So what is the difference of me trolling with eyes for reaction and trolling with saying there's 3 Scum for reactions?
What makes you sure that my Scum game is trolling if you have never seen it?
I have alt accounts that have 0 trolling in, so explain where it's human nature for me to troll?
In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:But comparing you mindset and motivations to a previous game I was quite invested in is useful. I don't necessarily need another reference point (which seems to be your whole defense), because this game is not black and white. If you could link to a scum game of yours, however, I would appreciate it. Probably wont be able to look at it right now, but later.

Pedit: I know it's dense, but if you try to parse what I'm saying it might make a lot more sense.
It isn't useful at all if you're trying to decide what my motives were in different games when I argue it. You can say you think my motives this game are x and y but not in other games finished.
You are the one using meta on me. I have about 1/3 to 1/2 played games as Scum on here and you can go into my games list and decide which ones to use.

As town your argument makes no sense as it's based on false facts.
As Scum It makes sense as you don't expect me to respond that kind of comment given I ignored other Scum reads on me.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Vedith »

Interesting.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Vedith »

I see people reading but no follow up.
Vote Rooster or challenge me.
I claim scum \o/
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 316, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 314, Enigma wrote:if vedith flips red can we lynch eyes pls?
I'd vote eyes anyways since his "Vedith says Lycan is scum, so I'm going to vote there." seems ass-backward. If he thinks Vedith is scum shouldn't he be lynching her first?
Why lynch the chicken that lays us golden eggs? The guy said he'll give us a scum a day, so I played along.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:17 am

Spoiler:
In post 332, Vedith wrote:
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:viewtopic.php?p=10703797#p10703797 and a couple other posts like it

I'm on phone so I'm doing piece by piece and responding but let me hand you this here shiney shovel.
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:I felt under genuine pressure when you were posting this stuff (and it's not like I was scum). It was deliberately provocative, but it had something to do with the game. Here it doesn't.
In post 331, rosterfoster wrote:Btw, your interaction with eyes was also scummy, which you seem to have failed to mention.

Pedit: It wasn't productive because it didn't work (arguably that sequence of events put the game beyond reach). But as I saw it (after seeing your flip) you were trying to get real reactions that are relevant to the game. That has townie motivation, irrespective of whether it works for the game it is done in

I wasn't trying to get reacts I was trolling. You are comparing two same situations with different wordings and saying what my intentions were on both.

VOTE: Rooster

Today is a lynch on me or you. If outside I'll make it unbearable to make sure it's one of us.

Vedith is town, buys. Move on.

Scum don't wait for a wagon to build on them to quit the leading wagon. In fact they do the opposite. They join their counterwagons.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 am

In post 333, Vedith wrote:More votes on Rooster we can lynch here today \o/
Yesserrie

VOTE: rooster
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 344, Vedith wrote:I see people reading but no follow up.
Vote Rooster or challenge me.
I'm still trying to know how many scums are in this duet to try to vote smartly. Both, one, none? That wall fest only makes me want to look elsewhere.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Sashaddin »

VOTE: Rosterfoster
Well Roster looks very shifty to me now; I'll sheep Vedith, trolly but not shifty.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”