Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 3574, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3556, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3553, skitter30 wrote:i think i'm decent enough at reading gamestates that i could sense what i would need to do to make that happen but i don't think i'm good enough at scum to actually do it well if that makes sense

i kinda tried pulling something kinda similar in the last extradition mafia actually (tried to not-bus a50 for most of the game; pretty sure nobody thought we were aligned in the end; i got caught for other reasons) but what i would have had to do here is on another level i think; don't think scum!me could pull it off
the way i did here

like i'm *very* hyper-aware of where that line is and i know how to get close to it but i'm very scared of going overboard at the same time

but this is all self-meta so :shrug:
Typo or scumslip? or am I misreading it?
In post 3559, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3558, Elbirn wrote:Okay maybe we can just lynch nmsa
Said Elbirn, without voting. By all means, lynch me, but get reck tomorrow. (scum!me could say this, hoping you guys wouldn't follow up, gaining towncred. that would give reck some towncred as well I think, but not much. given the risk of town actually lynching me, scum!me wouldn't like the odds, and probably wouldn't say it. this would be wifom if I were scum, but it's something to think about nonetheless.)
In post 3560, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3557, skitter30 wrote:i mean really?
I have no clue how to recognize a scumslip, so I may as well point it out to people who do.
In post 3565, NotMySpamAccount wrote:So having looked at flubber's votes, it looks like (up to the fakeclaim) creature and succinct were on him the whole way. skitter hopped on and off. Ank was there for a bit but left for xtoxm. I just realized how much this sounds like innuendo dangit. This suggests skitter could be distancing maybe.
In post 3570, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Gut reads:

Elbirn: ehhhhhhhhhh I can't tell but maybe scum or misled town????
Nim: scumlean from ignoring my questions d1, but close to null from later posting
Succinct: I have no clue. Mild tr from Enter.
skitter: townlean from tone????
Chara: townlean from d3 opening, seems hard to fake but idk
reck: scummy, don't like the mildly illogical push on me/tris
tris: not enough content today, tr from voting Flubber?? or something I can't remember even though I just reread all the d2 vcs I is a dumb
Creature: No clue, not enough content, fear of lurkers means a small sr
Ank: town from the flubber push

purely logical readlist incoming soon maybe if I don't get bored/tired.

If you think Skitter might have “scumslipped” or is “distancing”, then how is she still a townlean for you?
it's a gut reads list. it's based mostly on tone and however I'm feeling at the time. also notice the 4 question marks. I also said in a post you even quoted that I don't know how to recognize a scumslip.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Nimueh »

@mod, do all three scum need to escape for a scum win?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3576, Nimueh wrote:
The Mafia win when all living members of the Mafia escape, yes.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3575, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3574, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3556, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3553, skitter30 wrote:i think i'm decent enough at reading gamestates that i could sense what i would need to do to make that happen but i don't think i'm good enough at scum to actually do it well if that makes sense

i kinda tried pulling something kinda similar in the last extradition mafia actually (tried to not-bus a50 for most of the game; pretty sure nobody thought we were aligned in the end; i got caught for other reasons) but what i would have had to do here is on another level i think; don't think scum!me could pull it off
the way i did here

like i'm *very* hyper-aware of where that line is and i know how to get close to it but i'm very scared of going overboard at the same time

but this is all self-meta so :shrug:
Typo or scumslip? or am I misreading it?
In post 3559, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3558, Elbirn wrote:Okay maybe we can just lynch nmsa
Said Elbirn, without voting. By all means, lynch me, but get reck tomorrow. (scum!me could say this, hoping you guys wouldn't follow up, gaining towncred. that would give reck some towncred as well I think, but not much. given the risk of town actually lynching me, scum!me wouldn't like the odds, and probably wouldn't say it. this would be wifom if I were scum, but it's something to think about nonetheless.)
In post 3560, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3557, skitter30 wrote:i mean really?
I have no clue how to recognize a scumslip, so I may as well point it out to people who do.
In post 3565, NotMySpamAccount wrote:So having looked at flubber's votes, it looks like (up to the fakeclaim) creature and succinct were on him the whole way. skitter hopped on and off. Ank was there for a bit but left for xtoxm. I just realized how much this sounds like innuendo dangit. This suggests skitter could be distancing maybe.
In post 3570, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Gut reads:

Elbirn: ehhhhhhhhhh I can't tell but maybe scum or misled town????
Nim: scumlean from ignoring my questions d1, but close to null from later posting
Succinct: I have no clue. Mild tr from Enter.
skitter: townlean from tone????
Chara: townlean from d3 opening, seems hard to fake but idk
reck: scummy, don't like the mildly illogical push on me/tris
tris: not enough content today, tr from voting Flubber?? or something I can't remember even though I just reread all the d2 vcs I is a dumb
Creature: No clue, not enough content, fear of lurkers means a small sr
Ank: town from the flubber push

purely logical readlist incoming soon maybe if I don't get bored/tired.

If you think Skitter might have “scumslipped” or is “distancing”, then how is she still a townlean for you?
it's a gut reads list. it's based mostly on tone and however I'm feeling at the time. also notice the 4 question marks. I also said in a post you even quoted that I don't know how to recognize a scumslip.
I don’t know whether what she posted, could technically be considered a “scumslip” or not but it’s still none the less, a suspicious post to me. If you compare and contrasts Ank’s post about self-mera with Skitter’s, I think it becomes increasingly obvious that Skitter is far more aware of the mechanics of the setup, than she has been claiming. Many of her posts about the setup spec in general, have had a TMI feel to them and I’m not just referring to the IC thing either but to her initial “nighless” comments wrt Ank.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 356, skitter30 wrote:huh,
i'm noticing the lack of mentioning 'daytalk' in the op

oh i reskimmed the first three pages; at the time i was more focused on enter than anything else but yeah the reason why tictac's vote bothered me is that i can see it as early-scum distancing on a wagon that's building on a partner that they imagine might dissipate before it goes anywhere dangerous; it's a safe-seeming way to distance at that stage

i'm not saying it *is* this; i'm saying that it's the sort of vote that i've seen scum make before so if someone *is* bussing on that wagon that's where i'd probe further
In post 886, skitter30 wrote:
oh that reminds me: is forgetting that the game is nightless ai at all?
In post 1554, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1515, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1512, Enter wrote:
In post 1510, Ankamius wrote:Yes, I become accountable for not dying later in the game and for having to either keep up the town leader persona or to find a way to 'apathy out' of that role.

This way I don't have to do any of that lol
P sure this is nightless as of RN, and "not dying" is a pretty silly excuse to lynch a town member.

No deadlines mafia we kept Nancy alive even though she was strong town because she was pocketed by the entire scum team.
well yeah

I'd also have the burden of making sure that kind of argument is the first thing people think of when they ask why I'm still alive rather than "oh they're a deepwolf"
ngl one of the reasons why i'm fine townbinning you for now is because i figure that if you're scum it'll probably become obvious if you never die (i guess i keep forgetting that the game is nightless rn so maybe this isn't the best idea)
I think if any post could possibly be considered a “scumslip”, this would be the most likely. So much self-consciousness from her about setup spec, which has been ongoing including the recent post that pinged you. Also, further backing up my point about why being unfamiliar with the setup is townie and why Succinct/Enter slot, is almost certainly town here.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 886, skitter30 wrote:oh that reminds me: is forgetting that the game is nightless ai at all?
In post 887, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 886, skitter30 wrote:oh that reminds me: is forgetting that the game is nightless ai at all?
I've forgotten a number of times so far

so probably not?

Remembering it is nightless might be slightly slightly scum-indicative
In post 888, u r a person 2 wrote:oh maybe it is slightly slightly town-indic

Once again, Urap2, was clearly unaware of spec setup, and more recently and before NMSA’s “catch”? there’s some interesting interactions between Tris/Skitter as well wrt to that.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3364, Chara wrote:
In post 2942, skitter30 wrote:idk i want this more
VOTE: flubber
skitter repeated this a few times.

i think this is a setup where scum are going to try to distance as much as possible. it's just necessary.
but it's really hard to analyze if the IC claim was a plan from the start of day 2. one could freely bus their buddy knowing meta says to let the claim live.

i think me and skitter (and tris, it sounds like) were players who
should
have been aware of this possibility and just. didn't consider it. because yes, it is exactly like that other game i spectated.
Sorry Chara, I misinterpreted your post, you did agree with this.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Nimueh »

viewtopic.php?p=10609354&user_select%5B ... #p10609354

posting.php?mode=multi&f=23&m%5B%5D=106 ... D=10688178

Spoiler:
In post 1275, skitter30 wrote:no, i think you're just annoyed that i caught you, and it's an egregious misrep to say that i do this every game irregardless of your/mine alignmenets given that i think every single town game i've played with you in the last like half year besides like starcraft i correctly read town!you off of like two posts; it only takes me this long to figure out your alignment when you're scum

if you're actually town here and have a problem with how i sort you or playing with me we can talk about it in post or pm after teh game is over if you like, and i sincerely apologize for upsetting you, although i'm not entirely sure what's upset you here; otherwise i think you just have to say this to get me off your back without actually addressing any of the points that i've raised.

and lol at me being scared of you.

flubber's claimed vt already. if you're town this should end the game overnight, and if you're scum i get to say i told you so tomorrow.
VOTE: flubber
In post 1297, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1284, DuckDuckJab wrote:Can anyone claim the A50 kill?
In post 1288, northsidegal wrote:i assume that the real vig just didn't bother ccing a50 given that he/she could shoot him

would like to know who's locktown first before advancing
fuck it
hi this is me

i thought the game would end once i shot a50 but that ... apparently isn't a thing
ngl i'm more than kinda annoyed that the game is still ongoing after four nights of this
In post 1344, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1340, DuckDuckJab wrote:I mean I agree and I think she vtslipped sod anyway but it was still a crazy high pressure situation
yeah maybe i should have just kept going but when nsg kinda laid the setup out i was just like: yeah idk i literally have nothing to say to that

the main reason why this game was playable was because it was closed and she kinda took away that advantage

but @nsg that was pretty impressive, good job!
In post 1345, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1341, northsidegal wrote:i was actually really mad when i saw that A50 was the one to escape because he was the only real scumread i had

my thing with saying the vig would be locktown was something of a longshot that i didn't expect to actually work out
yeah i'm a *little* bit frustrated that i fell for it given that i recognized the possibility that it was bait :/
In post 1346, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1334, northsidegal wrote:i had A50 down completely but did not think it was you

i did really dislike your hammering flubber yesterday but it was moreso in the context of "ah why won't you let me replace in before the day is over and lynch a50!". if i took a moment to stop and think about it i think i might have been able to recognize it as a scum move, but i'm not sure.

reading back you certainly set yourself up for the vig claim very nicely
yeah i spent quite a while trying to figure out how to distance without, like, actually bussing any one of 4 different partners, it was a little bit tricky
In post 1351, skitter30 wrote:eh i did learn a bunch of things tho:
1. being wrong as scum is fine and i can fake being stubborn sometimes
2. apparently i shouldn't worry about being read on bop?
3. being reckless is not a good idea for my playstyle
4. apparently i can fool nsg? this is kinda surprising to learn ngl
5. i do not enjoy nightless or lover setups as scum and i'm going to stay very far away from them
In post 1358, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1356, BuJaber wrote:Did scum have daychat?
nope

I don’t believe that anyone who plays scum in this kind of setup, would have been this quick to buy Flubber IC claim.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1889, Chara wrote:another thing for skitter: you've justified your paranoia about me with the lack of nightkills multiple times; scum Chara can't remove you by killing you.
but you also have mentioned a few times that you keep forgetting the game is nightless, regarding your townread on Ank that she would probably be nightkilled if town.

so it's a weird juxtaposition between remembering it's nightless every single time you mention your paranoia of me, but then what about your decision regarding Ank? are you stringly townreading her or are you townreading her with the caveat she would be removed if town?

and then something something tmi, i feel like skitter's one of the only players who even keeps bringing up the nightless thing.
Wow, Chara caught this early but before the IC thing, it didn’t ping me that hard,
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3577, northsidegal wrote:
In post 3576, Nimueh wrote:
The Mafia win when all living members of the Mafia escape, yes.
Oh okay, so VCA is absolutely critical, since scum clearly cannot bus.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by Nimueh »

VOTE: Skitter

Town!her would have absolutely demonstrated even an iota of progression on my slot by this point and after reading ISOing her in that similar scumgame, she has made way too many self-conscious references to setup spec, which sound very similar to the ISO in the link to that scum PT. I don’t buy that anyone that much aware of the very similar setup mechanics between this game and Townsquare, would have being that quick to believe Flubber IC claim.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1554, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1515, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1512, Enter wrote:
In post 1510, Ankamius wrote:Yes, I become accountable for not dying later in the game and for having to either keep up the town leader persona or to find a way to 'apathy out' of that role.

This way I don't have to do any of that lol
P sure this is nightless as of RN, and "not dying" is a pretty silly excuse to lynch a town member.

No deadlines mafia we kept Nancy alive even though she was strong town because she was pocketed by the entire scum team.
well yeah

I'd also have the burden of making sure that kind of argument is the first thing people think of when they ask why I'm still alive rather than "oh they're a deepwolf"
ngl one of the reasons why i'm fine townbinning you for now is because i figure that if you're scum it'll probably become obvious if you never die (i guess i keep forgetting that the game is nightless rn so maybe this isn't the best idea)
This post in particular makes me question a townie motivation. Why does town!Skitter make this kind of post on a currently nightless setup on D1. This post in particular, reeks of TMI. It tells me that Skitter didn’t really believe the game was nighless and that’s why her complete lack of skepticism at Flubbber’s IC claim is sudpect. Her “one or BOTH scum have to be offwagon”, also sounds like a defensive pointing away from that. This makes it suspiciously easy to push two out of Reck/me/Chara.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by tris »

I think Ank is clear here.
--------------------
NMSA seems unlikely to be scum because Flubbernugget was on that wagon while it was at L-1 for a while.
----------------------
I'll trust the townreads on Creature
---------------------
In post 3555, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3543, xRECKONERx wrote:Something keeps bugging me about Ank. I don't know what it is. Every logical bone in my body says she should be town but I keep getting premonition flashes of "this is the mastermind that pulled this whole thing off" and it eats away at me. I think Ank's continued reprisal of "omg this is so outside my scum range" is what's really bugging me. I hate self meta, especially when it is repeated over and over as a way to clear yourself as town.
I don't think scum would post this
I agree with this.

A lot of Reck's posts have felt like town to me.
---------------------------
I have been townreading skitter and I don't think she was bussing.
----------------------
I can't seem to recall exactly why I townread nimueh.
-----------------
In post 3364, Chara wrote: i think this is a setup where scum are going to try to distance as much as possible. it's just necessary.
but it's really hard to analyze if the IC claim was a plan from the start of day 2. one could freely bus their buddy knowing meta says to let the claim live.
I don't think the IC claim is a reliable out. We could have lynched him anyway. Especially since some of us have seen this kind of set up before.
In post 3368, Chara wrote: i think there's a universe in this game where tris/NMSA has scum in it, and another where Reck is scum.
Why this dichotomy?
In post 3370, Chara wrote:
In post 2552, xRECKONERx wrote:actually fuck flubber is town so i need to bump him way up and then figure out who else goes in the scumpile
and it wasn't the first time in the game Reck had an awkward read on Flubber. he's also townreading him here but in the readlist in the previous post he again "mistakenly" had Flubber listed as scum.
it's pretty strange.
That is strange. I don't know why mafia would act that way though.
In post 3372, Chara wrote:no remarks from Elbirn and tris?
we're so close to losing, you people have to limit break. now is the time. HP's in the red. activate your Blaze ability and up that attack power.
I went to bed. I didn't have time to reevaluate.
In post 3401, Nimueh wrote: Flubber/Chara/Skitter as the scumteam would not be a complete shock to me at this point.
I don't think Chara and skitter's interactions are SvS.
In post 3412, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3362, tris wrote:Oh my gosh. Why didn't I think about this possibility. This is exactly like that other game.
I mean, i said that this could be a thing like 100 pages ago and you *acknowledged it and interacted with me saying that* so this feels fake
I mentioned that game, but I didn't think that almost the same thing was going on here.
In post 3419, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3413, skitter30 wrote:
In post 214, tris wrote:It reminds me of the game you were in with the mod. Where she caught you fake claiming as vig.
Do you spectate a lot of games?
I've spectated some recently, but not a large amount.
------------------------------------------

In response to this case on skitter,

I think the way skitter kept speculating about the setup makes sense to me. I kept thinking about it myself. As for her response to the IC claim, first of all, she didn't believe the claim. She just decided to deal with it the next day. And the fact that it didn't occur to her that this game was like the other one in this way could also apply to me and Chara. We should also have realized.

-------------------------------------------
I guess Succinct is town also?

I feel like I'm townreading to many people. I'm flip floping on whether I want to townread Elbirn.

I am most confident about Ankamius, NMSA, and I guess Creature.

----------------------------------

I'm still very unsure, but I want to put a vote down somewhere, so....

idk. hopefully I get a chance to interact with some people tomorrow.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by Nimueh »

Spoiler:
In post 3587, tris wrote:I think Ank is clear here.
--------------------
NMSA seems unlikely to be scum because Flubbernugget was on that wagon while it was at L-1 for a while.
----------------------
I'll trust the townreads on Creature
---------------------
In post 3555, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3543, xRECKONERx wrote:Something keeps bugging me about Ank. I don't know what it is. Every logical bone in my body says she should be town but I keep getting premonition flashes of "this is the mastermind that pulled this whole thing off" and it eats away at me. I think Ank's continued reprisal of "omg this is so outside my scum range" is what's really bugging me. I hate self meta, especially when it is repeated over and over as a way to clear yourself as town.
I don't think scum would post this
I agree with this.

A lot of Reck's posts have felt like town to me.
---------------------------
I have been townreading skitter and I don't think she was bussing.
----------------------
I can't seem to recall exactly why I townread nimueh.
-----------------
In post 3364, Chara wrote: i think this is a setup where scum are going to try to distance as much as possible. it's just necessary.
I don't think the IC claim is a reliable out. We could have lynched him anyway. Especially since some of us have seen this kind of set up before.
In post 3368, Chara wrote: i think there's a universe in this game where tris/NMSA has scum in it, and another where Reck is scum.
Why this dichotomy?
In post 3370, Chara wrote:
In post 2552, xRECKONERx wrote:actually fuck flubber is town so i need to bump him way up and then figure out who else goes in the scumpile
and it wasn't the first time in the game Reck had an awkward read on Flubber. he's also townreading him here but in the readlist in the previous post he again "mistakenly" had Flubber listed as scum.
it's pretty strange.
That is strange. I don't know why mafia would act that way though.
In post 3372, Chara wrote:no remarks from Elbirn and tris?
we're so close to losing, you people have to limit break. now is the time. HP's in the red. activate your Blaze ability and up that attack power.
I went to bed. I didn't have time to reevaluate.
In post 3401, Nimueh wrote: Flubber/Chara/Skitter as the scumteam would not be a complete shock to me at this point.
I don't think Chara and skitter's interactions are SvS.
In post 3412, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3362, tris wrote:Oh my gosh. Why didn't I think about this possibility. This is exactly like that other game.
I mean, i said that this could be a thing like 100 pages ago and you *acknowledged it and interacted with me saying that* so this feels fake
I mentioned that game, but I didn't think that almost the same thing was going on here.
In post 3419, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3413, skitter30 wrote:
In post 214, tris wrote:It reminds me of the game you were in with the mod. Where she caught you fake claiming as vig.
Do you spectate a lot of games?
I've spectated some recently, but not a large amount.
------------------------------------------

In response to this case on skitter,

I think the way skitter kept speculating about the setup makes sense to me. I kept thinking about it myself. As for her response to the IC claim, first of all, she didn't believe the claim. She just decided to deal with it the next day. And the fact that it didn't occur to her that this game was like the other one in this way could also apply to me and Chara. We should also have realized.

-------------------------------------------
I guess Succinct is town also?

I feel like I'm townreading to many people. I'm flip floping on whether I want to townread Elbirn.

I am most confident about Ankamius, NMSA, and I guess Creature.

----------------------------------

I'm still very unsure, but I want to put a vote down somewhere, so....

idk. hopefully I get a chance to interact with some people tomorrow.

Here’s the thing, you have Flubber putting you at L-2, Chara has been clearly trying to sort me, Skitter hasn’t and why are you disregarding my entire case on her what looks to me like TMI setup speculation?

She was scum in a very similar game to this one and I don’t know about you but I very rarely if ever, would forget the specific mechanics of any game I rolled scum in, so yeah, that’s what’s separating Skitter from you/Chara for me.

As scum in Townsquare, she should have been more skeptical about Flubber’s IC claim, because if you ISO her in THIS game, she has far more awareness of the setup than anyone else in the game and in your post, there is no scum in the game, so clearly you’re incorrectly tr SOMEONE. So, if you disagree with my Skitter vote, who do you think is better?

I’m pretty much tr the entire game but a few slots and my vote is probably between two people, obviously Skitter is one but I will sheep Ank and Creature, if they prefer the other, so long as it’s not one of my obvtown reads.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Nimueh »

P.edit, yeah I agree about NMSA. I don’t see that he has either the game experience or scum expertise to likely pull off that kind of gambit, so I’m leaning rn to him being a probable mislynch. But his read on me, unlike Skitter’s has not been STATIC. Do you understand my point, @Tris? It’s not about whether or not she thinks I might be scum or not, it’s the total lack of any kind of progression on my slot thoughout the entire game, same is true for her Creature read. It’s like nothing I’ve posted in the entire game has imapcted her read on me, one way or another and having played with town!Skitter before, I’m having a great deal of trouble believing it’s real. It has read like a fake confibias to me, with Ank being the bar that lets her vote me or not. Ank trs me, she votes elesewhere. Ank srs me, bam, she votes me without a second thought. And her earlier reasons for voting me, read as contradictory to me. I’m both scum for over/underreacting to votes on me, pretty much. @NMSA, I honestly still don’t know for the life of me, exactly what question. you believe I was ignoring. I thought Tris already satisfactorily explained that?

Anyway, I will trust Ank/Creature reads. Ank was right about Flubber and Creature/Brigitte. So I am willing to re-evaluate but for rn, Skitter seems like the best vote and I’ve laid out my case why.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:16 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 3589, Nimueh wrote:P.edit, yeah I agree about NMSA. I don’t see that he has either the game experience or scum expertise to likely pull off that kind of gambit, so I’m leaning rn to him being a probable mislynch. But his read on me, unlike Skitter’s has not been STATIC. Do you understand my point, @Tris? It’s not about whether or not she thinks I might be scum or not, it’s the total lack of any kind of progression on my slot thoughout the entire game, same is true for her Creature read. It’s like nothing I’ve posted in the entire game has imapcted her read on me, one way or another and having played with town!Skitter before, I’m having a great deal of trouble believing it’s real. It has read like a fake confibias to me, with Ank being the bar that lets her vote me or not. Ank trs me, she votes elesewhere. Ank srs me, bam, she votes me without a second thought. And her earlier reasons for voting me, read as contradictory to me. I’m both scum for over/underreacting to votes on me, pretty much. @NMSA, I honestly still don’t know for the life of me, exactly what question. you believe I was ignoring. I thought Tris already satisfactorily explained that?

Anyway, I will trust Ank/Creature reads. Ank was right about Flubber and Creature/Brigitte. So I am willing to re-evaluate but for rn, Skitter seems like the best vote and I’ve laid out my case why.
I don't remember what the question wa exactly, but htat's beside the point. The point was that at the time, you answered the wuestion with "I'd rather engage with you directly" when I said in the first line of the post that I'd scumread you if you didn't go find a relevant quote.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3585, Nimueh wrote:VOTE: Skitter

Town!her would have absolutely demonstrated even an iota of progression on my slot by this point and after reading ISOing her in that similar scumgame, she has made way too many self-conscious references to setup spec, which sound very similar to the ISO in the link to that scum PT. I don’t buy that anyone that much aware of the very similar setup mechanics between this game and Townsquare, would have being that quick to believe Flubber IC claim.
you seem to be completely glossing over some key points here - ie that i've said repeatedly that i can't untangle my read on you from all the associated baggage and so i've stopped trying to read you. Its kinda shitty to put me in a situation where you know i dont want to interact with you and then scumread me for not trying to read you

And i dont think its fair either to scumread me for backincnn off the ic claim in this setup given that i didnt, like, know that it was this setup till today. Yeah there were some artificial similarities that i noted as the game started but by then the setup looked different enough that it didnt really occur to me that the game might like randomly transition to this setup. If it was public knowledge, yeah, i would have been even more skeptical of the ic claim but i dont really think its fair to scumread me for not treating the game as being the same setup as jingle's game when there was nothing at that point indicating that this game would transition into it given that the obvious indicator (scum leaving the game n1) hadnt happened.

Like at that point in the game i had noticed some superficial similarities (alternate wincon, no nk) but it seemed obvious by day2 that it wasnt that setup given the lack of scum leaving overnight. And like i cant exactly predict the future, i was going by what i knew of the setup at the time coupled with making comparisons to.the most similar game i knew, even if it wasnt quite the same thing

And i had even gotten flak day1 for pointing out the similarities too

And like comparing my setup spec here (ie in the main thread) to what i said in a scum pt is silly, it would make more sense to compare what i said here to the main thread of that game; obviously i'm going yo be more open about my thoughts in a scum pt than in a main thread and like if i'm scum here i know how to keep my setup spec 'public knowledge apropriate' in the game thread

I think that's probably what i want to say to this, not sure if i'm going go respond to your resposnse tbh, not really interested in getting in another fight really.

If *anyone else* has concerns about what nim said lmk
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3590, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 3589, Nimueh wrote:P.edit, yeah I agree about NMSA. I don’t see that he has either the game experience or scum expertise to likely pull off that kind of gambit, so I’m leaning rn to him being a probable mislynch. But his read on me, unlike Skitter’s has not been STATIC. Do you understand my point, @Tris? It’s not about whether or not she thinks I might be scum or not, it’s the total lack of any kind of progression on my slot thoughout the entire game, same is true for her Creature read. It’s like nothing I’ve posted in the entire game has imapcted her read on me, one way or another and having played with town!Skitter before, I’m having a great deal of trouble believing it’s real. It has read like a fake confibias to me, with Ank being the bar that lets her vote me or not. Ank trs me, she votes elesewhere. Ank srs me, bam, she votes me without a second thought. And her earlier reasons for voting me, read as contradictory to me. I’m both scum for over/underreacting to votes on me, pretty much. @NMSA, I honestly still don’t know for the life of me, exactly what question. you believe I was ignoring. I thought Tris already satisfactorily explained that?

I don't remember what the question wa exactly, but htat's beside the point. The point was that at the time, you answered the wuestion with "I'd rather engage with you directly" when I said in the first line of the post that I'd scumread you if you didn't go find a relevant quote.
Alright but same thing, I didn’t know what “relevant quote” you were hoping for but when Tris clarified it to Enter, I assumed that it had been answered. Anyway, it probably is irrelevant at this point.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3588, Nimueh wrote:As scum in Townsquare, she should have been more skeptical about Flubber’s IC claim, because if you ISO her in THIS game, she has far more awareness of the setup than anyone else in the game and in your post, there is no scum in the game, so clearly you’re incorrectly tr SOMEONE. So, if you disagree with my Skitter vote, who do you think is better?
Also notice that all of the things you're pointing out as being 'tmi setup spec' happened *day1* when there were enough superficial indicators that this setup was similar to jingle's game that i was considering that the game might have the same setup

When no scum left n1 i dropped that idea on day2 because that was the main feature of that setup so i was no longer thinking that the game might be extradition mafia; it didnt occur to me that it might transition to that later and at that point i had been coming up eith alternate ideas for what the setup was

And that's it, not responding anymore before i get frustrated again
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:05 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3591, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3585, Nimueh wrote:VOTE: Skitter

you seem to be completely glossing over some key points here - ie that i've said repeatedly that i can't untangle my read on you from all the associated baggage and so i've stopped trying to read you. Its kinda shitty to put me in a situation where you know i dont want to interact with you and then scumread me for not trying to read you

And i dont think its fair either to scumread me for backincnn off the ic claim in this setup given that i didnt, like, know that it was this setup till today. Yeah there were some artificial similarities that i noted as the game started but by then the setup looked different enough that it didnt really occur to me that the game might like randomly transition to this setup. If it was public knowledge, yeah, i would have been even more skeptical of the ic claim but i dont really think its fair to scumread me for not treating the game as being the same setup as jingle's game when there was nothing at that point indicating that this game would transition into it given that the obvious indicator (scum leaving the game n1) hadnt happened.

Like at that point in the game i had noticed some superficial similarities (alternate wincon, no nk) but it seemed obvious by day2 that it wasnt that setup given the lack of scum leaving overnight. And like i cant exactly predict the future, i was going by what i knew of the setup at the time coupled with making comparisons to.the most similar game i knew, even if it wasnt quite the same thing

And i had even gotten flak day1 for pointing out the similarities too

And like comparing my setup spec here (ie in the main thread) to what i said in a scum pt is silly, it would make more sense to compare what i said here to the main thread of that game; obviously i'm going yo be more open about my thoughts in a scum pt than in a main thread and like if i'm scum here i know how to keep my setup spec 'public knowledge apropriate' in the game thread

I think that's probably what i want to say to this, not sure if i'm going go respond to your resposnse tbh, not really interested in getting in another fight really.

If *anyone else* has concerns about what nim said lmk
I’m not sr you for “not interacting with [me]” ftr, so that is inaccurate. I really don’t care if you do that or not. What I do care about, is you total lack of progression on my slot, which doesn’t require you to interact with me directly but show some demonstration of critically reading my posts and that’s nothing even remotely “shitty” a about that. As I keep saying. it’s the fact that your read on me has remained
“Static”
and I can’t just pretend you’re not in this game and I’m tr the majority of the playerlist, for one reason or another, so it’s down to a few slots - one of which is you. However, that said, the setup spec/IC thing/ post suggesting one or both votes are “offwagon”, given the fact that I do that think that there are a few posts, where it looks to me like you could be TMIing, is why I’m currently voting you. The post about Ank not dying, reads like TMI to me. Prior to Flubber flip. I viewed that as more NAI but now I think it could possibly mean something.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:08 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3593, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3588, Nimueh wrote:As scum in Townsquare, she should have been more skeptical about Flubber’s IC claim, because if you ISO her in THIS game, she has far more awareness of the setup than anyone else in the game and in your post, there is no scum in the game, so clearly you’re incorrectly tr SOMEONE. So, if you disagree with my Skitter vote, who do you think is better?
Also notice that all of the things you're pointing out as being 'tmi setup spec' happened *day1* when there were enough superficial indicators that this setup was similar to jingle's game that i was considering that the game might have the same setup

When no scum left n1 i dropped that idea on day2 because that was the main feature of that setup so i was no longer thinking that the game might be extradition mafia; it didnt occur to me that it might transition to that later and at that point i had been coming up eith alternate ideas for what the setup was

And that's it, not responding anymore before i get frustrated again
I tr the majority of the playerlist. My vote is not set in stone. I want to hear who Ank/Creature prefer and why and will reassess. Rn, I see you as the best vote.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3594, Nimueh wrote:What I do care about, is you total lack of progression on my slot, which doesn’t require you to interact with me directly but show some demonstration of critically reading my posts
I'm not, I've said repeatedly that I'm doing my best not to read them
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3594, Nimueh wrote:However, that said, the setup spec/IC thing/ post suggesting one or both votes are “offwagon”,
If there arent scum offwagon i'd be shocked. There just weren 7 votes to lynch him there and like no scum being offwagon means both were onwagon in a game where they'd have to conftown 5 people on his flip and they couldnt lynch him *despite* both of them being onwagon. That part of the game just doesnt make sense if there arent scum offwagon there

(And again it seems to me that you dont like ir because you happen to be in that group so)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

I promise I'm getting to the thing today

I have the day off
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 3547, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3465, xRECKONERx wrote:then i kept seeing him do scummy things and would vote him only to remind myself "wait shit he did that stuff early game that makes him town" so i unvoted
like i guess idk why that early stuff made such a strong impression on you that it kept on making you unvote even after seeing him do scummy stuff later
I really like leaning on early gut reads since I think first impressions are really strong
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”