Mafia Scum

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3698, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3, northsidegal wrote:

A quiet day aboard the
Anuket Topaz

The crew members were concerned about the Captain
. Lately, she had been acting strangely: never eating with the rest of them, being curt in conversation, and patrolling around the ship with a flashlight late at night. Nobody was actually sure that she ever went to bed.

July 5th.

The Captain ordered the crew
to cut the engines and let the ship drift. No explanation was given – she made the order and retreated to her quarters, alone.

July 6th.

The crew mmebers had had enough
. The strange behavior was enough on its own, but they needed an explanation for cutting the engines. Everyone had a job to do – their cargo had to be delivered on time.
Nobody had seen the Captain come out of her quarters since the previous day, and so together they stormed their way in

northsidegal,
Captain of the Anuket Topaz
, was found dead Night 0.

They were over 200 miles off of the coast of South Africa, just near the border of Namibia. It was obvious that this wasn't the act of pirates, and from the state of the body there was no way it could be an accident or suicide.

The implication was clear, and went without saying as the crewmen looked between each other with equal parts disbelief and suspicion.

Deciding to take action, someone stepped past the body over to the loudspeaker system.

Listen up! Nobody's getting a wink of sleep until we get this situation figured out and under control!

Day 1 begins.

Until further notice, there will be no night phases.
Next time Elbirn, before you intentionally or unintentionally try to lose the game for town, please read the goddamned setup. Kthanx.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3691, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3690, tris wrote:Who besides Nimueh was/is townreading creature?
In post 3687, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3685, skitter30 wrote:idk what 'reck should not be cleared tomorrow' means
If the game doesn't end, recks towncred vanishes for me
What do you mean?
Creature obvtown cuz I say so
Okay, Elbirn probably just bad town who never bothered reading the setup.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3692, tris wrote:Ok, I thought it was more than one person. So, I will still trust that.
Elbirn makes it 4: me, Succinct, Chara, Elbirn. However, you check my ISO if you think I’m lying about anything.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3679, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3676, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3673, Elbirn wrote:Oh wait wtf I didnt want that

I went back to see what about Brigitte flip was so compelling and there wasnt one

Pedit: ARGGGHHH WALLS OF NONSENSE
brigitte was being bad and anti-town adn was purposefully riling up reck - iirc that's where the impetus for that wagon came from
and then iirc it stuck around for a while and she was getting close to being deadline lynched and then succinct said they liked the brigitte wagon more than the tris wagon and voted for brigitte and then brigitte got pissed off and self-hammered
I should have been more clear, lemme try again.

Nim had a post after her scumslip where she said her reason for thinking the game was mountainous was Brigitte flip and her own role PM. But Brigitte didnt flip with anything, no role card, just "brigitte, crewman, lynched day 1". So that was BS.

So while I decided against posting that end of day votecount because I didnt care to, yeah I was looking at that earlier and so accidentally multiquoted it into my next post. Apologies for causing a page of confusion

Pedit: Tris this post can be in reply to you as well
Oh you mean the “scumslip” based on pg 1 of the setup or something else?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2294, skitter30 wrote:maybe the nks turn back on when we lynch scum, idk

i have to at some point go back and look at the circumstances of the votes on the brigitte wagon but off the cuff if there's scum on there i'd guess it to be between: {reck/tris/succint}

kinda want to do this for now until i sort out how i feel about the brigitte/tris wagons

VOTE: flubber
i have like no read on him and can't really remember much of anything he's said this game
In post 2330, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2321, Elbirn wrote:
In post 2294, skitter30 wrote:maybe the nks turn back on when we lynch scum, idk

i have to at some point go back and look at the circumstances of the votes on the brigitte wagon but off the cuff if there's scum on there i'd guess it to be between: {reck/tris/succint}

kinda want to do this for now until i sort out how i feel about the brigitte/tris wagons

i have like no read on him and can't really remember much of anything he's said this game
In post 2304, Ankamius wrote:Skitters post to start the day feels a bit out of place too for some reason
Mmmmmmm I kind of thought that too, mostly re: "wowie where's the NK?", but I dont know that scum says this because I'd assume they'd be particularly aware that theres no NK coming up if night phases arent happening yet.

And I dont like that she votes flubber after positing scum in reck/tris/succinct

Do you see something else here or have I covered your thoughts more or less?
In post 2322, Ankamius wrote:the entire post just feels... weird

it's setup spec

followed by saying that there may be scum in half the lynch wagon

then instead of sorting them, uses her vote to try to sort somebody else...?

like those are thoughts that make sense but the way they're ordered and written feels a lot more like she didn't have a whole lot to say but felt compelled to put more down on the page

it doesn't fit the context of what her thought processes have looked like to me
the lack of night reminded me that at some point that it had occurred to me that maybe the nks will turn on after scum flips but i never wrote that anywhere so i just put it there. also i'm low-key wondering if the game has more than the usual number of scum

(ie the ambiguous wincon and lack of nk's are reminding me quite a bit of jingle's game from a couple months back)

to figure out exactly where scum is on the wagon, i need to go back and look at how/when the wagon formed, but i haven't had a chance to do that yet, and don't think i will for another couple of days. off the top of my head / from what i remember without going back to check, those three votes were worse than the other three votes, and those are the ones i'm going to pay especial attention to whenever i do get the chance to check how that wagon formed.

and my vote was dangling for far too much of day1 so until i figure out if i want to vote on the wagon i wanted to put it *somewhere* and i keep forgetting flubber exists so i decided to start there today

basically what i'm saying is that i need to relook at the brigitte wagon before i firm up my opinion on the votes on that wagon, but since that isn't going to happen for a couple of days, i want to do something with my vote so i decided in the meanwhile to start tackling another part of the game that i also need to work on.

i have no idea what 'it doesn't fit the context of what her thought processes have looked like to me' means so i can't address that , really
Actually 2294 is kind of weird.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by Nimueh »

Skitter, you keep saying you weren’t aware of the setup, despite Townsquare, so how do you account for this then?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i don't understand the question
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3664, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3659, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3655, Nimueh wrote:3150 was made at 12:50 pm.
So NMSA actually voted for Xtoxm twice but since the second vote was post-hammerUNVOTE: , it wouldn’t get counted, approximately 7 hours before Xtoxm self-hammered.

So, Reck can probably only be scum with Elbirn and Skitter probably only with NMSA, so gun to head, I think scum is Flubber/NMSA/Skitter.

I think NMSA “hammered” because he knew his vote wouldn’t be counted post-hammer and that no one would notice but thankfully Tris caught that.

So rn, I want to vote for one of them I think.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: NMSA
all of this went right over my head
He voted at 12:50pm and Xtoxm around 8? I think so about 7 hours before and then he voted again after Xtoxm self-hammered.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3666, tris wrote:
In post 3659, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3655, Nimueh wrote:3150 was made at 12:50 pm.
So NMSA actually voted for Xtoxm twice but since the second vote was post-hammerUNVOTE: , it wouldn’t get counted, approximately 7 hours before Xtoxm self-hammered.

So, Reck can probably only be scum with Elbirn and Skitter probably only with NMSA, so gun to head, I think scum is Flubber/NMSA/Skitter.

I think NMSA “hammered” because he knew his vote wouldn’t be counted post-hammer and that no one would notice but thankfully Tris caught that.

So rn, I want to vote for one of them I think.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: NMSA
I still don't think NMSA is mafia because of D1.
Because he was at L-1?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3677, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3675, Chara wrote:skitter's town.
why did Nim think the setup was mountainous? it's a good question.
yeah idk that was weird
noting that it's cool again to be suspicious of nim
In post 3679, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3676, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3673, Elbirn wrote:Oh wait wtf I didnt want that

I went back to see what about Brigitte flip was so compelling and there wasnt one

Pedit: ARGGGHHH WALLS OF NONSENSE
brigitte was being bad and anti-town adn was purposefully riling up reck - iirc that's where the impetus for that wagon came from
and then iirc it stuck around for a while and she was getting close to being deadline lynched and then succinct said they liked the brigitte wagon more than the tris wagon and voted for brigitte and then brigitte got pissed off and self-hammered
I should have been more clear, lemme try again.

Nim had a post after her scumslip where she said her reason for thinking the game was mountainous was Brigitte flip and her own role PM. But Brigitte didnt flip with anything, no role card, just "brigitte, crewman, lynched day 1". So that was BS.

So while I decided against posting that end of day votecount because I didnt care to, yeah I was looking at that earlier and so accidentally multiquoted it into my next post. Apologies for causing a page of confusion

Pedit: Tris this post can be in reply to you as well
No offense but exactly how dense are you being in this post? Crewman=vanilla Fucking duh!, :roll: :roll: :roll:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean a vt flip != mountainous
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3681, Ankamius wrote:You know

Fuck it, I'll just deal with the heartbreak post-game

Elbirn - Nimueh - NMSA - Creature should have all the scum.
No, no no no no, no!

You were doing so well here. I am town, Creature is also town. Think! How does my assumption about this game being mountainous based on pg 1 of this game of the setup spec, ever make me scum here?

Have you all gone insane here? Serious question.

*mind blown*

God.

And Creature is obvtown.

Check my fucking ISO. I have never even once lockedtowed Creature and been wrong - not even once.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3710, skitter30 wrote:i mean a vt flip != mountainous
10 vanilla, 3 goons=mountainous, no?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3356, northsidegal wrote:There are 3 Mafia and 10 Vanilla Townies.
yes, but the trick is that we weren't told that was the setup till here, which is decidedly not on pg1
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3681, Ankamius wrote:You know

Fuck it, I'll just deal with the heartbreak post-game

Elbirn - Nimueh - NMSA - Creature should have all the scum.
So, we know Creature and me are locktown, so please explain how Elbirn and NMSA are partners here?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3713, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3356, northsidegal wrote:There are 3 Mafia and 10 Vanilla Townies.
yes, but the trick is that we weren't told that was the setup till here, which is decidedly not on pg1
It said nsg was the captain and everyone else was the crew. Crew=vanillas. So 13 vanillas=montainous. Are you trying to misrep me here?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3700, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3698, Nimueh wrote:
In post 3, northsidegal wrote:

A quiet day aboard the
Anuket Topaz

The crew members were concerned about the Captain
. Lately, she had been acting strangely: never eating with the rest of them, being curt in conversation, and patrolling around the ship with a flashlight late at night. Nobody was actually sure that she ever went to bed.

July 5th.

The Captain ordered the crew
to cut the engines and let the ship drift. No explanation was given – she made the order and retreated to her quarters, alone.

July 6th.

The crew mmebers had had enough
. The strange behavior was enough on its own, but they needed an explanation for cutting the engines. Everyone had a job to do – their cargo had to be delivered on time.
Nobody had seen the Captain come out of her quarters since the previous day, and so together they stormed their way in

northsidegal,
Captain of the Anuket Topaz
, was found dead Night 0.

They were over 200 miles off of the coast of South Africa, just near the border of Namibia. It was obvious that this wasn't the act of pirates, and from the state of the body there was no way it could be an accident or suicide.

The implication was clear, and went without saying as the crewmen looked between each other with equal parts disbelief and suspicion.

Deciding to take action, someone stepped past the body over to the loudspeaker system.

Listen up! Nobody's getting a wink of sleep until we get this situation figured out and under control!

Day 1 begins.

Until further notice, there will be no night phases.
Next time Elbirn, before you intentionally or unintentionally try to lose the game for town, please read the goddamned setup. Kthanx.
Am I the only one in this game who can figure out the obvious from this post? - because I’m seriously wondering. Seriously. :roll:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

it doesn't say anywhere that everyone else was crewman. calling a collective group of an unknown number of people 'crew' doesn't make them crewman in the mafia sense (ie vt). like i could imagine a ship-themed game where regular crewmen were vt and other people were a cook or carpenter or lieutenant or ensign or whatever else and be part of the collective group of 'crew' and have a special name/role as a pr and thus not be a crewman/vt

and determinign the setup is mountainous based ont he flavor is ?????? if it was meant to be read as 10:3 mountainous in the op it would have just said that i'm pretty sure

and seriously? this is why i don't like interacting with you. disagreeing with you != misrepping ffs
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Nimueh »

Read that post and tell me that doesn’t clearly spell out mountainous.
Tell me wtf else nsg captain and everyone else crew could else possibly mean.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3717, skitter30 wrote:it doesn't say anywhere that everyone else was crewman. calling a collective group of an unknown number of people 'crew' doesn't make them crewman in the mafia sense (ie vt). like i could imagine a ship-themed game where regular crewmen were vt and other people were a cook or carpenter or lieutenant or ensign or whatever else and be part of the collective group of 'crew' and have a special name/role as a pr and thus not be a crewman/vt

and determinign the setup is mountainous based ont he flavor is ?????? if it was meant to be read as 10:3 mountainous in the op it would have just said that i'm pretty sure

and seriously? this is why i don't like interacting with you. disagreeing with you != misrepping ffs
If you’re seriously sr me for this in particular, than I honestly DGAF. I don’t GAF if I offend ANYONE who srs me for this.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

No, it doesnt spell out mountainous. Spelling it out would have been posting in the op: 'this game is 10:3 mountainous

It means it's flavor and if it was meant to describe the setup it would have been explictly stated somewhere in the op.

You're also changing your story wrt where you got the notion of 'mountainous' from - it was originally from your role pm and brigitte's flip

Pedit ffs i didnt say i was scumreafing you for this
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3720, skitter30 wrote:No, it doesnt spell out mountainous. Spelling it out would have been posting in the op: 'this game is 10:3 mountainous

It means it's flavor and if it was meant to describe the setup it would have been explictly stated somewhere in the op.

You're also changing your story wrt where you got the notion of 'mountainous' from - it was originally from your role pm and brigitte's flip

Pedit ffs i didnt say i was scumreafing you for this
My role pm/Brigitte and Xtomx flip AND the setup. What “story” are you suggesting I’m changing? It was already there on page fucking 1 of this game. If you’re trying to shade me, you need to do a lot better.

Actually I’d like to believe that but it seems that they’re must be something in the water that some people on this ship drank, because anyone who is batshit nuts to think this is a scumslip. must be drinking it.

Yeah and if I were Elbirn, I’d probably want to stay out of the dead thread. Maybe Ank too, if she is really falling for this.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 2735, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2733, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2731, Nimueh wrote:
In post 2726, Ankamius wrote:idc

I feel like I'm the first NK for most scumteams here anyways so I'm just going to assume every day is my last
I think this setup is mountainous right? So no tprs in this game. If you are, it would likely mean that your reads are probably on the right track.
what makes you think the setup is mountainous
Brigitte flip and my role pm.
I have no knowledge of any PRs and Brigitte flip, made me think there are none. I guess if we ever flip a PR, it would mean I’m wrong in that case
Yes fine, I didn’t mention pg 1 but that’s because I stupidly assumed that everyone had already fucking read it and it would be redundant.

*Note to self*. In future games don’t overestimate anyone’s people’s abilities to form logical conclusions. And most importantly, don’t assume that anyone is immune from being a WOAT.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hey you're doing that thing
We're playing a game. Theres nothing personal about this.

I see what you're saying about the setup; my issue with it is that I dont see that as being a conclusion I would have drawn, and that makes it hard for me to believe that it's a conclusion you came to. There are games that have flavor where the mod is a N0 kill and that have a vanilla town flipped and never have I gone "oh wow this must be mountainous". So that makes it hard for me to see what you're saying as being so obvious. Yaknow?
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 3723, Elbirn wrote:Hey you're doing that thing
We're playing a game. Theres nothing personal about this.

I see what you're saying about the setup; my issue with it is that I dont see that as being a conclusion I would have drawn, and that makes it hard for me to believe that it's a conclusion you came to. There are games that have flavor where the mod is a N0 kill and that have a vanilla town flipped and never have I gone "oh wow this must be mountainous". So that makes it hard for me to see what you're saying as being so obvious. Yaknow?
Yeah, that “thing” I d when I get sr for bs reasons, yeah kind of real fucking hard not to get tilted when people aren’t using their brains to maximum capacity.

If you’re town here and you want to mislynch and let another scum escape, that’s on your head bro. Now I’m assuming you don’t agree with Ank, since you concur with my obvtown Creature read, so I’m starting to think maybe I’m wrong on Skitter and that it could be Reck and NMSA afterall because it’s not me/Creature/Ank/Succinct due to hardtown Enter read - probably not Chara, Flubber put Tris at L-2 and if you and Skitter are both off the table than who else is left? Reck and NMSA, unless one or more of my reads are wrong.

I’m assuming you’re actually town and want to win this, so do you think I could possibly be right here?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”