DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 694, RCEnigma wrote:Ddl if you had to choose one person as a rep, and this rep is the person that got to choose who they wanted to be in the AP. Who would you choose?
If I can choose me, then I choose me to pick me.
If I can't choose me, I pick whoever will pick me.
If no one will pick me, I will choose one of the conf vigs.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Follow up, the only reason I wouldnt pick the vigs is if I believe RC's reads are far more accurate than that of the vigs.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

i wonder if i'll ever get any credit around here?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

It wasn't a riddle.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:06 am

Post by DrDolittle »

i didn't answer it as a riddle
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:07 am

Post by northsidegal »

i mean, i always try to stay humble, but i think i'm fairly decent. pretty good, even, at least looking at the numbers when it comes to my won games.

nobody else seems to think so.

things fall apart
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:08 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Insomnia's plan is, to prevent A, we should do B. Then he asks, is B a good plan against A. Your response in 666 is A will never happen, therefore we don't need B. Here might be dicey, but I don't think it's a full answer.
In post 702, northsidegal wrote:i wonder if i'll ever get any credit around here?
What do you mean?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Actually good point. Why aren't we letting the vigs choose 3 slots and 1 vig target. If all 3 are alive eod3 we nominate those three.

At minimum we have 2 vig selected nominees. The vig target chooses the last nominee eod3.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 698, northsidegal wrote:
In post 692, insomnia wrote:You're assuming the position of scum. Why do that as town?
I'm not sure what you mean by "assuming the position of scum.
Again, to clear any confusion. We send NSG today. RC pushes a second person. When that person is at L-2, RC gets dayvigged and it proves his read on NSG was pure and his push on the second target for AP as well. We have 2 towns in and then lynch the third if it comes to LyLo.
Yes, I understand your plan... there's no reason to repeat it. I've already told you my thoughts on it.
In post 693, DrDolittle wrote:680 doesn't answer why the plan is bad. 687 answers it... kind of tangentially
I already answered his question regarding the plan in . (he asked me about it again afterwards anyways)
That's what you are doing. You're saying "
Whether or not RC is town has no bearing on my
alignment
- if you want the opinion of someone else who knows me, ask gl who's also tring me". The main idea is that RC is a good town player and an active one and if we can confirm his role, we can prove his reads were genuine. Plus, gl is also tring you, like you said. So why do you keep addressing this RC situation? I don't get it.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 am

Post by insomnia »

If not saying "If RC flips town, then it doesn't prove I'm town". ????
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:11 am

Post by insomnia »

Or, to be more exact "Just because RC flips whatever, it doesn't mean I'm town"
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:11 am

Post by insomnia »

At least that's what I got from it, correct me if I'm wrong.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 708, insomnia wrote:The main idea is that RC is a good town player and an active one and if we can confirm his role, we can prove his reads were genuine.
i understand this completely. what i'm saying is that i am town if rc flips town and i am town if rc does not flip town. shooting rc might make some people more comfortable with the idea that i'm town, but i don't think it should be necessary.

i'm not sure why you seem to believe that i'm not addressing your point.
In post 710, insomnia wrote:Or, to be more exact "Just because RC flips whatever, it doesn't mean I'm town"
In post 711, insomnia wrote:At least that's what I got from it, correct me if I'm wrong.
that's completely backwards. what i'm saying is that regardless of what RC flips, i'm town. not that... RC flipping town wouldn't confirm me as town or something. it is true that RC being town would, probabilistically speaking, indicate that i am town. my point is that i do not believe it to be
necessary

things fall apart
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:15 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 705, northsidegal wrote:i mean, i always try to stay humble, but i think i'm fairly decent. pretty good, even, at least looking at the numbers when it comes to my won games.

nobody else seems to think so.
I think the majority of the site thinks you are an excellent player. and this game included?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:16 am

Post by northsidegal »

i don't get that feeling. maybe that's just me, though.

things fall apart
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:17 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 712, northsidegal wrote:i understand this completely. what i'm saying is that i am town if rc flips town and i am town if rc does not flip town. shooting rc might make some people more comfortable with the idea that i'm town, but i don't think it should be necessary.
that's rife with conf bias. you can say you are town but we don't know it?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 706, DrDolittle wrote:Insomnia's plan is, to prevent A, we should do B. Then he asks, is B a good plan against A. Your response in 666 is A will never happen, therefore we don't need B. Here might be dicey, but I don't think it's a full answer.
my response is that A will never happen because i know it to be the case. even still, i think you're underrepresenting what i said – my point is also one of opportunity cost. i believe RC to be town, so the opportunity cost of shooting him to confirm me as town (something which i believe to be unnecessary given what is gained) is that we aren't shooting someone whom i believe could be scum.

things fall apart
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:19 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 714, northsidegal wrote:i don't get that feeling. maybe that's just me, though.
actually I don't think I played a town game with you so I'm just going along with what other people say :lol:
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:20 am

Post by insomnia »

Ok, I see now. And that's what I accused RC for, the both of you believe it's not necessary, but for my plan, it is
completely
necessary if we're going by it.

Realistically speaking, he's probably getting nkd if he's town. If he's not getting nkd, that should even raise more suspicion on him being scum. With him leading town like he is, he presents a threat to scum. The whole idea of my plan revolved around RC staying alive, which would raise his percentage of being scum.

If mafia wanted to play mind games with us and keep him alive, that's why we'd need to shoot him, to confirm he is indeed town and not mafia. It's not wasting a shot, we're letting the strongest town pick 2 people that should go to AP.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:22 am

Post by insomnia »

There's no point in shooting scum though? We have them on complete lockdown. Information shots are what will win us the game, not scum shots.

Might be a difference in perception here, though.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:22 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 716, northsidegal wrote:my response is that A will never happen because i know it to be the case. even still, i think you're underrepresenting what i said – my point is also one of opportunity cost. i believe RC to be town, so the opportunity cost of shooting him to confirm me as town (something which i believe to be unnecessary given what is gained) is that we aren't shooting someone whom i believe could be scum.
Hi!

I really like your opportunity cost argument.

Allow me to propose a modification? Day 1 someone from consensus gets sent (if its you ignore the rest). Hopefully we can reach it. Day 2, if not everyone agrees on you being town (which I hope is not true) and RC is still advocating, then you get sent. Day 3, if RC advocates for someone else, then shoot to confirm. By Day 3, there is no opportunity cost anymore since this part of the game ends.

Is that acceptable to you?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 am

Post by RCEnigma »

If town is talking about vigging RC then scum don't have to nk him. Town is gonna don't for them.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 718, insomnia wrote:Realistically speaking, he's probably getting nkd if he's town. If he's not getting nkd, that should even raise more suspicion on him being scum. With him leading town like he is, he presents a threat to scum. The whole idea of my plan revolved around RC staying alive, which would raise his percentage of being scum.
This is stupid and rife to WIFOM suggestions
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 715, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 712, northsidegal wrote:i understand this completely. what i'm saying is that i am town if rc flips town and i am town if rc does not flip town. shooting rc might make some people more comfortable with the idea that i'm town, but i don't think it should be necessary.
that's rife with conf bias. you can say you are town but we don't know it?
It's not confirmation bias to state something which I know to be factually correct.

Yes, it's true that nobody
knows
that I'm town, just the same for anyone else. That's true anywhere in mafia? Like, consider this: are you saying that suddenly people will
know
that I'm town if RC is town? If the answer is yes, then what I have to tell you is that it isn't by some secret technique that RC can read me – i fully believe that anyone who looks at my scum games could come to the same conclusion, even if, say, they only looked at the literal numbers of how much i posted. If the answer is no, then we're in the same position as when we started, and for what gained?
In post 717, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 714, northsidegal wrote:i don't get that feeling. maybe that's just me, though.
actually I don't think I played a town game with you so I'm just going along with what other people say :lol:
you've played a scumgame with me, though. any thoughts on that? i know you already said once that i'm posting here more than i have there (while i'm on v/la right now.. hmm...)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 721, RCEnigma wrote:If town is talking about vigging RC then scum don't have to nk him. Town is gonna don't for them.
In post 722, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 718, insomnia wrote:Realistically speaking, he's probably getting nkd if he's town. If he's not getting nkd, that should even raise more suspicion on him being scum. With him leading town like he is, he presents a threat to scum. The whole idea of my plan revolved around RC staying alive, which would raise his percentage of being scum.
This is stupid and rife to WIFOM suggestions
took the words out of my mouth.

glad we're in agreement :]

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”