Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Let's do skitter next since I promised skitter some thoughts and questions
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Chara »

i can see where you're at with Shii, at least.
skitter is a big one, she has a very large ISO and my history with reading her is... let's call it rocky. i don't think i could give a good rundown of her myself. but i do think she's town.

if there are reasons to scumread her that you have/find i'd be happy to focus in on those, however.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I mean my goal here is to remove townies from the POE so if you have any skitter town points you feel are strong bring those up please
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Chara »

like before when she's been town, there have been times i've looked a skitter's posts and thought "hm, this one particular bit is giving me scumvibes". and it's pretty much always when she says something i find unnecessary. that's what i meant by "awkward charisma".
examples being the first half of , which is probably true but did make me worried that she actually did use similar wording to a towngame on purpose.
and then, the referencing of her paranoia of me in felt again like a purposeful explanation of her thoughts meant to be townread rather than advance the game.

she also isn't really pursuing a scumread yet.

these are the three things that stand out to me when looking, the third of which i only noticed when looking.
but when i really think about it, skitter focusing on townhunting is in character, as is her saying things i want to scumread. she puts all of her thoughts out and doesn't hide them, which can lead to them seeming extraneous. the reason the awkwardness is important is because town skitter is not concerned with being scumread, while scum skitter is aware of her relative towniness and doesn't want to leave issues littering her play that could be used against her later.

as a whole, i like her ISO. the reason i give skitter a "wait and see" is because if she's scum, i don't believe she'll be able to maintain this as she has. i don't mean being burnt out by the game, but that she's going to feel more pressure in lategame as someone who, if scum, tends to be the scum that doesn't get caught and the one that needs to keep things that way.

in the absence of any glaring problems with her, i don't want to scumread her, because i don't think my way of doing so will get information out of her, as it hasn't done so in the past and has really just distracted from actual hunting.

you can tell me if this seems like bullshit or if it makes sense. :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:26 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 423, Fuscezu wrote:Also, as of 231 clarity has done fuckall for content
In post 427, Fuscezu wrote:ClearlyClarity - liked the initiative? kind of green
:neutral:
Call me whatever you want...
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:31 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Also four people have commented on my intro post and I'm going to assume scum is at least one of you

There's no other reason I see for the consistent reference to a post that should be completely NAI.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:37 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 432, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 370, skitter30 wrote:
In post 345, RCEnigma wrote:This isn't going to make much sense but I feel like we have similar thought process' in most cases. So sure you reading me scum was weird but it may be from a small sample size. I figured if you're town you would recognize me as town down the line.

Plus confronting you directly wouldn't give me the kind of read on you that I'm looking for. This doesn't seem like a pressure vote but I also don't consider myself as lhf so I still don't know what the play here is.
it's kinda pressure i suppose; or at least a way to start a dialogue so that i can try to sort out if i'm right or wrong here
i was kinda expecting some sort of response to me saying taht i was scumreading you, even if it was just 'why' or something

i guess one of the things that feel a little off is that you feel kinda passive? more than i'd expect at least?
Fair. I'm kind of out of sync with this game in particular.
Couldn't tell you why and I hope it switches around day 2. At least I'll make an effort to improve my input.

I don't necessarily have a read on you either way and a vote on me based on gut doesn't sway me either way, but I'd probably feel that way as either alignment.

The best way to get content out of me would probably be to force it with a legitimate wagon, preferrably before EOD so I don't get flashlynched without giving my thoughts.

I'm following along with the game so I know what's going on but don't have any strong feelings, I have reason to believe ceejay may be town, I still think CC is town and that's about it.

If the hill I die on is my Shiidaji read directly following rvs then I find it incredibly weak and a probable point for scum to sow doubt. No one's really asked but no I don't really have Shiidaji as town anymore following his absence. Scumreading him on an activity rep out feels dumb though.

Oh insomnia is probably town as well, he would be my Fringe read however.
Yeah this is also how I'm feeling about the game rn. I normally don't lurk as much as I have this game as town but the environment of this lobby is completely different from that I've been used to from games I usually am in. Every post I've seen so far feels the same, like I'd read through 5 pages of the game and get absolutely nothing out of it. I'm probably just bad at the game or w/e but I'm entirely lost

Someone convince me why I should vote your top scumread. Give me something an idiot like me can work with.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Spoilers to make this readable:

Spoiler: Some weak thoughts on early posts
In post 127, skitter30 wrote:kinda think irrel is town?
and maybe gut-town on smile?
Okay so mindmeld on smile here, but I said it first. .5 mindmelds.
In post 135, skitter30 wrote:-snip-

i kinda feel like the op meant for the jk's to be alignment neutral, but the below kinda slipped/insinuated by mistake taht they're town-aligned (or, at the very least, that the jk's being alive is helpful to town which would imply that they're probably not scum). i'm not sure if we were supposed ot have that info tho
In post 2, funkybike1 wrote:Since I'm sure at least one of you skimmed through the rules: There are two Jailkeepers. I suggest that the Town try and keep them alive.
I sort of feel like this is a weird thing to speculate and sort of agree.
In post 144, skitter30 wrote:
In post 142, insomnia wrote:-snip-
really tho i do think that you've been kinda townie so far. idk what ur scumgame looks like but you have a sufficiently nuanced and town-oriented thought process that i feel is unlikely to come from scum
In retrospect att this was a good read

Spoiler: posts I didn't like
In post 145, skitter30 wrote:getting gutscum pings on rcenigma
not sure I see enough for this read att, though.
In post 153, skitter30 wrote:
In post 83, tris wrote:Also, skitter's response to the wagon is very scummy.
not sure scum!tris says this really?
Ah yes I'm remembering now, the previous quote, this quote, and the next on are where I was really like "I don't see what you mean". Anti-mindmeld, because I don't see why scum!anyone wouldn't make this sort of joke post. 0 mindmelds so far.
In post 154, skitter30 wrote:
In post 100, ceejayvinoya wrote:-snip-
i dont' like this trajectory on chara much at all really
I've said before and will say again I think it's a fine trajectory.
In post 157, skitter30 wrote:
In post 150, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m losing interest in lynching Chara/Persivul/Smile today
I’m gaining interest in lynching Shiidaji/Clearly/Fuscezu
VOTE: Shiidaji
why smile? i don't feel like they've said much ai really

i kidna want to vote ceejay actually
So here's the weirdest thing I see in skitter's ISO:
she questions my townread on Smile, who so far she has only gut-townread in agreement with me. feels like skitter "forgot" her townread when she realized it could actually take a mislynch off the table.
otoh maybe she forgot her townread for real.

Spoiler: Summaries of things I really do townread
In retrospect is actually a really accurate description of why CJ's play is scummy.
In post 247, skitter30 wrote:
In post 226, ClearlyClarity wrote:I am actually quite interested in the mechanics of this game, though.
What's the usual meta for Mini Theme games that have a closed setup?
i'd love to answer but i don't understand the question, sorry
This post feels entirely unnecessary, which Idk what to do with.

is #goodposting.

- Mindmelding with me re: "insomnia prob isn't scum with smile" (.5 mindmelds for agreeing with me again - it's obviously not as strong a reason to townread skitter when I'm the one who said it first but it's still a reason to scumread skitter because I don't know that her goal as scum is to pocket me in such a roundabout way) and asking Clarity for reads are both towny. @skitter why did you move from CJ to RCE in 355? Felt like your case on CJ was only getting stronger at that point.
Also why gut-town on Fuscezu?
In post 340, skitter30 wrote:....
i'm voting rce; i said earlier he was pinging me as scum
i said pretty clearly that i'm townreading insomnia; i kinda believe his meta tbh
i don't have a read on clarity rn; that's why i asked her if she had any reads she'd like to share

ngl those questions kinda feel like busywork; like four posts above this one i talked about insomnia and voted rce?
I like this post a lot. .5 mindmelds for asking clarity for reads.
In post 372, skitter30 wrote:
In post 357, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 353, Irrelephant11 wrote:I was about to try to make a PoE but I have to go into a meeting

Hot take: fuscezu is scum
idk if that take is hot it's just something I'm feeling in this moment
Kinda seeing this too actually
i'm not seeing this really; what are you seeing here?
I wasn't really seeing it strongly either, it was 2/3 a reaction test, 1/3 a flash of paranoia. 1 whole mindmeld for disagreeing with Clarity here.

The whole interaction with Fuscezu that ends around is good.

Spoiler: This read progression is good
In post 390, skitter30 wrote:? y does that make you like irrel?
In post 395, skitter30 wrote:do either of u have a read on chara?
In post 397, skitter30 wrote:march i kinda think that you lot might be scum

@skitter there's only a few questions in here

pedit: some good points from Chara re: skitter's play has extraneous stuff that scum!her probably doesn't post.

Total mindmelds: 2 I think
Towniness: ★★★★☆
Out of the PoE? Ye
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:40 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Also Chara, FTR I'd be entirely willing to use my inexperience card as scum if it gets pressure off me, it's not really AI in my case. It's up to you whether you see it as newbtown or scum skirting responsibility
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 456, ClearlyClarity wrote:Someone convince me why I should vote your top scumread. Give me something an idiot like me can work with.
Vote CJ!

Reasons for:
-Slow gamestate implies scum feel comfortable and/or are mostly absent (CJ fits in the second)
-Has spent 90% of his time itt defending himself
-Has five townreads and is voting one of them
-Has no scumreads

Reasons against:
-Small chance he's low hanging fruit, but if so I don't see scum taking advantage of it, sooo
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 459, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 456, ClearlyClarity wrote:Someone convince me why I should vote your top scumread. Give me something an idiot like me can work with.
Vote CJ!

Reasons for:
-Slow gamestate implies scum feel comfortable and/or are mostly absent (CJ fits in the second)
-Has spent 90% of his time itt defending himself
-Has five townreads and is voting one of them
-Has no scumreads

Reasons against:
-Small chance he's low hanging fruit, but if so I don't see scum taking advantage of it, sooo
CJ's questionable vote on Chara was one of the few things that stood out to me this game so I'm down for a discussion on him. Small ISO and half the posts were banter/non-game-advancing levity and I had a quick look through CJ's recent games where he seemed a lot more active. Not sure if inactivity is necessarily AI in this game specifically though, considering the weird way the game started out strong but then completely petered out later. CJ's also one of the two (the other being me) who voted for Fuscezu after you threw out your hot take and you noted that you don't townread them. Does this factor into your read of CJ at all?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I've since noted that my read on Fuscezu was mostly a way to get things moving/reaction test, with a little paranoia. I think CJ's vote (and yours, though probably not both together) looked like scum trying to turn a bad read into a wagon

I would like to hear more from you about why you scumread Fuscezu, though.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:06 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

My vote essentially amounted to sheeping off you because I didn't know who else to vote for, if I'm honest
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Oh! Well, then instead of voting Fus you should vote CJ! :]
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 357, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 353, Irrelephant11 wrote:I was about to try to make a PoE but I have to go into a meeting

Hot take: fuscezu is scum
idk if that take is hot it's just something I'm feeling in this moment
Kinda seeing this too actually
In post 361, ClearlyClarity wrote:zzz

VOTE: Fuscezu
In post 454, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 423, Fuscezu wrote:Also, as of 231 clarity has done fuckall for content
In post 427, Fuscezu wrote:ClearlyClarity - liked the initiative? kind of green
:neutral:
These votes implied there was more to your Fus scumread, though. What did you mean when you said "kinda seeing this too actually"?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

But their posts after don't sit well with me. Townreading me even though I posted "fuckall," being the latest person to make a comment on my intro post and the most suspicious due to it being already 19 pages into the game, where intro posts should be completely irrelevant by now.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Mm those aren't bad reasons, actually.

Chara when you get a chance can you explain what exactly about a recently completed game gives you reason to townread fuscezu?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 427, Fuscezu wrote:ceejayvinoya - null with green garnish
Chara - lightly scum for complete lack of anything
ClearlyClarity - liked the initiative? kind of green
Fuscezu - Devil Snek
insomnia - still weak tr
Irrelephant11 - Hate it, but guttown it. I feel like I shouldnt have to guttown a player like irre
Miss Kobayashi Maru - null. Seems like if they do play they could produce good content
Persivul - percy is never easy to read for me, but id go with nullscum if i had to. When in doubt, burn it out.
RCEnigma - very telling that their biggest post is a setup post about shiinji
Shiidaji - kind of light green? Willing to give their replacement some room.
skitter30 - sneeky breeki player. Dont have a meta and hear their scum game is fire.
Smile - I go back and forth between modest green and light red. Ill wait and see how i feel about them. Helps that March is the main head.
tris - No real read yet.
Disagree on chara - what makes you say this?
what gives ceejay a green garnish?
I have no clue where you're getting expectations of "a player like irre". If you can, please explain what you mean.
Is your read on RCE a scumread?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:16 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

Idk, I don't really feel good about them.

Before their catch-up I got some pings off the slot from how the Fuosoco head of the hydra pretty much refused to post any game-advancing content until their partner Baezu shows up, which I wouldn't think would be necessary if they were a town slot. You'd just say your thoughts on whatever's happening and move on, so the fact that Fuosoco felt the need to wait indicates a necessity for their thoughts to align. Basically the reason I was townreading Smile but the other way around
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:21 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 466, Irrelephant11 wrote:Mm those aren't bad reasons, actually.
Irrelephant — you were one of the four people who commented on my post, and subsequently, one of the people I'm going to have on my radar. I'm far more defensive on this than I should be but when one-third of the game is scumreading me for my intro post I have to wonder what exactly is up with it that makes it so off. Please elaborate.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I scumread your intro post? I don't even remember it
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:23 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 468, ClearlyClarity wrote:Idk, I don't really feel good about them.

Before their catch-up I got some pings off the slot from how the Fuosoco head of the hydra pretty much refused to post any game-advancing content until their partner Baezu shows up, which I wouldn't think would be necessary if they were a town slot. You'd just say your thoughts on whatever's happening and move on, so the fact that Fuosoco felt the need to wait indicates a necessity for their thoughts to align. Basically the reason I was townreading Smile but the other way around
Caveat: I've never actually played in a game with a hydra player before, nor played on a hydra myself. The games MKM and I signed up for are taking their sweet time filling up :lol:
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 78, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 56, ClearlyClarity wrote:wtf it’s page 3 already
Not the towniest entrance, I agree with Smile
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 56, ClearlyClarity wrote:wtf it’s page 3 already
Yeah you're definitely more defensive about this than you should be, my read on this post was long gone before you brought it back up

Sometimes scum complain about having to catch up because it's more work to fake towny responses to a lot of posts than it is to just *have* towny responses to lots of posts.
You complained about it being page 3 already, which is slightly scummy. I'm not stuck on it, my read on you (and everyone) is always changing in response to new material.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: fuscezu

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”