Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by tris »

Sounds like he's something unique to this game.

Why do you scumread skitter?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 893, ClearlyClarity wrote:Skitter, despite your case on me I feel like you're town for this:
In post 873, skitter30 wrote:(i'm doing a little hw on her rn)
Can't imagine that you'd take the chance to fake a case on me by holding the burden of proof so early, unless you deliberately waited as a gambit. I'm trusting it's the former.
I don't anymore. The previous scumread was a sheep
Call me whatever you want...
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by tris »

Oh, right. I just read that. Who were you sheeping on that?
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 902, tris wrote:Oh, right. I just read that. Who were you sheeping on that?
Ok for some odd reason I thought irrel had skitter as a SR

That read seems pulled completely out of my ass in hindsight. Think I just wanted to put skitter somewhere
Call me whatever you want...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 861, skitter30 wrote:b) if you are 3p idk what your wincon and idk if 'not screwing you over' will lead to *everyone else* getting screwed over
This.

I played a game on another site in which a player claimed survivor D1. I gladiated her. She pulled some AtE and I was unliked anyway since I was a Christian on an atheist site, so they killed me. I checked back at the end of the game. I forget the details of her role, but she was a 3P and she won alone. I got a bit of schadenfreude out of that, and also learned to be wary of claims of harmless 3P.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 867, funkybike1 wrote:
This is a surprisingly slow weekend, considering that you only have 2½ days left before a plurality lynch.
This is weirdly judge-y coming from the mod :lol:
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I'm kinda fine with a Clarity lynch because I agree with skitter's points about her meta. Otoh, her response that she'd be doing better if she has experienced partners rings sorta true, but there's situations where scum might bus her early or something so that's not exactly a clearing reason.
Can't shake the feeling Smile is a good lynch and skitter's avoiding it, though
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 906, Irrelephant11 wrote:Can't shake the feeling Smile is a good lynch and skitter's avoiding it, though
I shook the feeling
VOTE: Clarity
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 893, ClearlyClarity wrote:Skitter, despite your case on me I feel like you're town for this:
In post 873, skitter30 wrote:(i'm doing a little hw on her rn)
Can't imagine that you'd take the chance to fake a case on me by holding the burden of proof so early, unless you deliberately waited as a gambit. I'm trusting it's the former.
i mean tbf i think this case is prob within my scumrange, but sure

also can you respond to , which you've now ignored at least three different times? or if you're just not planning on answering it can you say that so i can stop asking
In post 894, ClearlyClarity wrote:To say nothing of how I check this thread at least a couple times every day and catch up and I just don't find anything noteworthy to comment on. In Newbie 1929 — which I presume is the game you read as my activity was the highest it's ever been there — circumstances were different: game was active, lobby was enjoyable, scum played very shiftily. Posting anything in this game feels like chugging on a marathon with mud-covered roads with a 10 ton chain attached to my leg. I know I keep repeating this but I don't know how else to explain why my reads in this game have been nonexistent.
a) i didn't read newbie 1929, i read the first ~30 posts of your iso and noted that you made over 250 posts in that game
b) so that's the thing, i think that you being unable to think of anything to say is scum-indicative of you, based on your prior games. in your towngames you were able to post content that showed you were thinking about the game, even if it was wrong or looked kinda scummy - it was there. in your scumgames you don't. you post a lot, but it's mostly fluff, and the actual content is very surface-level observations. and here that's kinda what you're doing. you posted a lot of fluff and you don't really have content - most of what you say doesn't track as a coherent thought process.
like your readslist, which is talked about below. why did you have me as a scumread again? you don't know, you think you sheeped someone, but can't find where they stated that read and admitted you pulled the read out of nowhere
i just don't see like .... your thoughts about the game in a way that makes me believe that the things your'e saying are real thoughts
In post 894, ClearlyClarity wrote:As scum I do lurk a lot more and post fluff/filler but I'm serious about winning — if I'm scum here with pretty much anyone other than MKM's slot (maybe CJ too idk) I absolutely would ask my scumbuddy to coach me, even to use me as a scapegoat if it helps the scumteam. Unless you think I'm 3p scum, but. If FL's claim holds water then another 3p sounds like a bit of a stretch.
i wouldn't be surprised if there were a lurker scumteam this game
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 900, tris wrote:Sounds like he's something unique to this game.

Why do you scumread skitter?
tris what od you think of my assessment of the difference between your town and scumgames
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 906, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm kinda fine with a Clarity lynch because I agree with skitter's points about her meta. Otoh, her response that she'd be doing better if she has experienced partners rings sorta true, but there's situations where scum might bus her early or something so that's not exactly a clearing reason.
Can't shake the feeling Smile is a good lynch and skitter's avoiding it, though
i'm having a ridiculously hard time forming a read on them and would prefer to lynch someone i actually, like, scumread

i'm also not super happy that with five heads they're lurking
Show
Hiatus once more.

Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Smile »

I am taking control of our vote~~~

VOTE: Fuscezu

I've poked March about the insomnia vote. I don't hate it but I don't think we have time left in the day to get a wagon there tbh. We also talked about tris, and March saw one post that she thought was maybe townie, I disagree about that post being townie but I don't think my scumread there is strong enough to make it worth fighting about. One thing I thought was interesting though was that tris/fuscezu came up, since March pointed out that a lot of her reads are kinda vague except for Fusc. Tris started out with a scumread on Fusc and then maintained a townread. March is kinda ok with that development but I again disagree.

If Fusc flipped scum, I think it would be worth revisiting tris. But for now my bigger problem is with Fusc. I was fine with our vote on Fusc for most of the day and honestly didn't fully understand why March moved us off. Going back to reread that slot now I kinda don't understand how tris sees town there and I feel like fusco has played in a way that reminds me very much of someone like scum!skygazer where he tries to be cool and emphasize his own activity even though he's not doing much. 'im reading' 'im still reading' etc. Also notice a noncommittal read here on tris, which reinforces my thought that tris/fusc could be s/s, with fusc avoiding a read and tris trying for early distancing and then a townread.

Spoiler:
(March didn't want me to mention this but there's also the fact that I think Brown Eyes, when town, has the strongest day 1 reads of people I know, even when she's only paying about 20% attention to the game. Every other time I've played with her I've scumread her incorrectly for lack of presence and while her not doing much doesn't make her conftown, I feel like her reads in this sort of game state are more likely to be stronger than my own, or for that matter, March's. <3 u March)

I've been thinking about skitter's argument on CC, and to be honest CC is a slot that has been very much under the radar for me. Despite having 50+ posts I feel like the slot has had very little presence. On going back through the iso jumps out at me -- while I appreciate the townread, the more important thing to me is skitter scum along with fusc and cj. CJ is null to me but could be scum, fusc I think is scum, and skitter is someone I can see CC being paranoid about as town. So this would not be my first preference for today. That being said, I feel like CC did not push Fuscezu very hard after voting that slot, so there's some risk of that being scum distancing. I'd vote there if I have to to avoid my own mislynch but I'd much prefer Fusc, and if not Fusc then tris.

Bottom line is I think fusc is the best day 1 for us.

-Beauty
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by funkybike1 »

VOTE COUNT
7 of 13 votes are required to lynch.
Smile (3):
insomnia, tris, Chara
Fuscezu (3):
Brown Eyes, ClearlyClarity, Smile
ClearlyClarity (2):
skitter30, Irrelephant11
tris (1):
RCEnigma
RCEnigma (1):
Fuscezu
Irrelephant11 (1):
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf (1):
Persivul
Not Voting (1):
ceejayvinoya
Deadline is in (expired on 2019-05-22 12:00:00)

I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

smile your vote is both bad and survivalistic given plurality and it's making me want to vote you
Show
Hiatus once more.

Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Smile »

I mean, we have a lot of vanity votes on solo wagons right now. At some point people have to start being willing to work together. If you want tris to go through today you should push that but I don't see that happening right now. I'm not really in love with your CC wagon. You seem to townread Fusc but if I remember right you basically said "I can't explain why" one of the last times you were asked about it. Maybe you explained somewhere else that I missed. So what's bad other on fusc than your gut townread on the slot?

So if you want to lead on tris then go for it, and yeah my vote can be seen as survivalistic because I don't really see a point of starting a new wagon at a point when there's so much apathy in the game that half the player list is barely posting at all.

-Beauty
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by tris »

I meant to meant to say more last night, but I didn't, but now I'm here.
In post 865, skitter30 wrote:
In post 835, Chara wrote:
In post 758, skitter30 wrote:i don't know; i have to go back and check
of the scumgame and anuket i remember the scumgame better (i guess cuz it was more recent) so that's what i'm comparing against. i don't remember how the the towngame compares to the scumgame but i'll take a look at her iso in anuket again when i have a chance
did you get a chance to look?

when i pointed out that her game here looks similar to Anuket i was expecting some sort of explanation as to why it also looking similar to her scumgame was AI and what the difference was.
Percy's reasons i think are fine and if i hadn't played with tris before i might also think that, but i haven't really seen any reasons that aren't null to me and considering your experience with her i expected something more.
i skimmed about half her iso in anuket again, yeah
she makes more declarative statements in anuket than in her scumgame imo (ie 'i think x is scum' or 'i think these two people are town', even without a vote, as opposed to asking questions). she's also a little more pushy there in following up on questions, which makes me feel like in anuket she actually cared about the answers
I think this is true. Sorry, I've been kind of unmotivated in general recently. Hopefully, if I'm not lynched today, I can be more engaged and demonstrate my towniness.
In post 911, Smile wrote: VOTE: Fuscezu
No. Also, I never scumread fuscezu.

---------------------------------------------

I should say where all my reads are at right now.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by tris »

Most confident townread

skitter30

Some more townreads

Irrelephant11
Fuscezu
insomnia (I'm going off of skitter's argument here)

I did townread ClearlyClarity before, but that wanes the more she doesn't engage.

Brown Eyes: needs more content.

ceejayvinoya: idk

Chara: Hasn't been scummy, but I haven't had much reason to townread it either. It did take me a while to read it in Anuket Topaz as well.

Persivul: I need to think about him a bit more.

RCEnigma: I'll need to come back to him as well.

Flavor Leaf: If he doesn't step it up tomorrow, I think I'll want to lynch him.

Smile: I'm getting the feeling they might be town. I haven't agreed with most things that have come out of this hydra,
but it could just be
You know what. nevermind on that townfeeling. Hold on a sec.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by tris »

@Beauty are you basing your claim that I scumread fuscezu on this?
In post 82, tris wrote:
In post 61, Fuscezu wrote:Hi Im town
Only scum would say this. VOTE: Fuscezu
Because that was another joke. My last post before that had been almost the same thing as Fuscezu was saying there. I didn't even keep my vote on Fuscezu the entire post.

It feels weird to me that this is the second time you've taken one of my RVS fake scumreads seriously.
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Smile »

Maybe it's because a lot of what you said in RVS wasn't very funny and can be read as light reads rather than jokes. I look back at your reads over the trajectory of the day and some of your read developments particularly coming out of RVS just look fake. Look at your joke and give me one reason not to see it as weak distancing? OK sure, you can say, 'haha that read was a joke' but there's basically no difference between one of your jokes and someone else giving a basic gut reaction. Except that in each case your later reads on your "joke reads" ends up being townreads.

-Beauty
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by tris »

In post 911, Smile wrote: If Fusc flipped scum, I think it would be worth revisiting tris.
This can't be a set up for a mislynch on me unless it's busing, which I doubt.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by tris »

In post 918, Smile wrote:Look at your joke and give me one reason not to see it as weak distancing?
It was not distancing. Like, who would look back at RVS and think that that vote would mean I'm not scum with Fuscezu?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by tris »

In post 918, Smile wrote:Maybe it's because a lot of what you said in RVS wasn't very funny and can be read as light reads rather than jokes.
If you take it out of context maybe, but the fact that the thing I was scumreading was something I literally said in my last post means it has to be a joke.
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Smile »

The issue for me is more that your RVS has a lot of joke reads, which says to me that you weren't really trying to sort people but were just playing politically instead.

I feel like you're trying to goad me back into voting you right now though which is weird.

Maybe you're not groupscum?

-Beauty
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by tris »

I'm wondering if scum!Smile might have continued to push for me, and try to get skitter on board. I guess Fuscezu does have more votes.
Smile
Smile
Goon
Smile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Smile »

In post 1, funkybike1 wrote:here may or may not be additional scum or third-party factions.
40. There are no bastard elements in this game; I will never deliberately lie to you outside the bounds of normal gameplay. All investigative roles are Sane unless they are explicitly told they have a chance to be non-Sane.
41. There are no Cults, Survivors, Jesters, or Unjesters. The role you receive is the role and alignment you will have for the entire game unless your role PM specifically tells you otherwise.
hmm nevermind. although wtf is an unjester?

-Beauty

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”