Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

how dare you not let mod get the page top
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 276, Nero Cain wrote:how dare you not let mod get the page top
I'm always the mod.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 254, RAS wrote:To be fair, it won't be hard for you to win this game considering Roster's in this game.
that sade @ roster
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

sade lol

shade

rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:17 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I’m just unconventional.

Like Boontice was bad but I’ve had many better games than that.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:17 am

Post by rosterfoster »

But I don’t know if RAS really believed that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

that's his first impression of you right? First impressions are the most important. I'm sure there have been plenty of players that had a negative opinion of me if I played poorly in our first game and positive if I played well. Also, the butthurt on this site is real.

the truth is prob somewhere in between.

rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:23 am

Post by rosterfoster »

:(

We're the only sane ones left Nero.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You got pocketed by Awestfie who got lucky that the role they claimed and made up just happened to be your role.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Luv is past his prod timmer

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

FL are you Boonskies? Is that a thing?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 286, Elbirn wrote:FL are you Boonskies? Is that a thing?
Boonskiies is Flavor Leaf.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

**Clemency replaces RAS effective immediately.**
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I thought we were all Boonskiies

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Elbirn »

You know I read enough of your signature to see "boon" at the beginning but not enough of your signature to see "yes I'm boonskiies" at the end. Well done, me.

Pedit: Don't interrupt
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 288, Ankamius wrote:
**Clemency replaces RAS effective immediately.**
this guy is prob getting lynched regardless of alignment

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Ah, man. I love Clemency.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 158, RAS wrote:
In post 153, Montosh wrote:See one of her comments that pinged me a bit on reflection was 77. She says that if we got to a massclaim situation and she claimed a supposedly anti-town role she never used that she'd be immediately lynched. But like I don't get this. It's exactly the kind of role you might expect to find in a game where the central mechanic is talking to dead players. You'd expect a role to break that up.
This is what I meant when I said that I got the impression that she really believed what she said in . I don't think the whole "
I'd just get lynched
" thing is logical either, but it's not particularly scummy either. .
I'm not sure about this. This feeling of "I'd be immediately lynched in a massclaim situation" is immediately apparent to me (and it seems to you as well) as not being logical. She
should
be able to see that too it seems to me. Given that and the fact that there's some prior meta which would be consistent with this kind of play as scum makes me increasingly nervous.
In post 195, ConManMick wrote:
In post 153, Montosh wrote: See one of her comments that pinged me a bit on reflection was . She says that if we got to a massclaim situation and she claimed a supposedly anti-town role she never used that she'd be immediately lynched. But like I don't get this. It's exactly the kind of role you might expect to find in a game where the central mechanic is talking to dead players. You'd expect a role to break that up. Why would we lynch there in a massclaim necessarily? Why, as town, would you immediately give scum that extra info and make it even easier to sort other slots?

I don't feel like the logic holds up.
Do you agree that its utility is antitown though? I understand why someone would treat it like a miller role.
But it's different. This role doesn't passively mess with nice actions like a miller would. She has total control over it. So I don't see it as being inherently anti-town necessarily. Maybe difficult to use effectively. But ultimately she just didn't need to claim it and just not use the role if she felt that way.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by ConManMick »

According to VC we have until the 24th of July to vote so let's not be too hasty ;)
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 206, RAS wrote:Just some quick thoughts regarding this whole Nancy thing.

Nancy's frustration level here don't make any sense for someone who was excited to be in this game; /. Tonally, it's not even remotely natural, and the way she handled Roster's vote just feels forced to me. I'm not valuing the fact that she's replacing out into any of this since it's her initial reaction to the vote that bothers me the most.

I still believe that Creature is scum, but I'm more content placing my vote here because of the above.

VOTE: RX.
Why not? I mean I don't entirely get what's going on but clearly there's some issue between nancy and roster that must involve an ongoing game or something. I don't feel like the frustration (or the replace out) is particularly AI either way?
In post 208, RAS wrote:
In post 133, RAS wrote:I dislike Creature's opening posts and find them forced. It's based on fairly flimsy reasoning considering what he's contributed so far, and something I'd rather not go into.
The above still stands true and is the reason why I haven't gone too much into it. It's not "playing those cards close to my chest", it's just something I don't think I have to go into yet until he contributes more. I can go into it into more detail though.

I think is a poor attempt to throw away what was a legit discussion with the whole Mastina thing. There are a lot of reasons why it was still discussed, and I find it odd why someone would question why it's still being discussed. It basically got the game going, and is still the main topic of discussion.

is flat-out false considering how many people brought up in this game that Town!Mastina doesn't do this. It feels like such a lazy read when there were a lot of discussions before this. I don't believe that the only read he got from the previous pages is Town!Mastina.
I don't like Creature's posting but I feel like it's kinda his style. I'm not sure how much you can get out of this. I'd definitely like to see more contribution from him though. But given that we're having a very slow and replacement-heavy game so far there's probably more lurky slots that need to be evaluated as well (LUV for one). Why do you feel Creature is particularly scummy compared to some other similar slots?
In post 222, rosterfoster wrote:VOTE: RAS

Yeah there is no way Flavour slot is scum.
What convinced you of this enough to switch your vote?
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 231, rosterfoster wrote:No it’s more the fact that I can’t see her faking that level of emotion (and it really would be faked if she was scum as it seems like she thinks I’m a terrible town player or smth).

Also Flavour can never roll scum in games I’m in.
Frustration is not a town-tell. Scum can easily be emotionally invested too. For the life of me I don't get why that would make the slot seem at all less scummy.
In post 232, Elbirn wrote:Nancy was being absolutely ridiculous and I refuse to attribute either townliness or scumliness to her behavior

Thanks for reading
This basically
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Montosh »

Didn't notice RAS replaced out when I asked all that fine...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 296, Montosh wrote:
In post 231, rosterfoster wrote:No it’s more the fact that I can’t see her faking that level of emotion (and it really would be faked if she was scum as it seems like she thinks I’m a terrible town player or smth).

Also Flavour can never roll scum in games I’m in.
Frustration is not a town-tell. Scum can easily be emotionally invested too. For the life of me I don't get why that would make the slot seem at all less scummy.
In post 232, Elbirn wrote:Nancy was being absolutely ridiculous and I refuse to attribute either townliness or scumliness to her behavior

Thanks for reading
This basically
to be fair, why would she be frustrated as scum ever when she's hydra'd with me? Sure, this is still borderline AI, but my conf bias knows differently, and I'm narcissistic.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Montosh »

I've got no meta on being hydra with you as scum. In any case, I think it's perfectly possible for some people to become frustrated no matter their alignment. I think it's pretty NAI.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”