Newbie 617 (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Darox »

You continue to fail to provide quotes of your evidence.

Try again next time.

Mod:
Prod Mike-Zim Done.

Votecount:

Bazza [4] (Armlx, Darox, Qman, Clammy)
Armlx [1] (Bazza)

Not Voting [4] (Darox, Brandi, caf19, Angelmouse)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by armlx »

No, if you went back on your claim no one would believe you. Fail.

Also, your idea of good play is extremely skewed.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Bazza-Scumfinder »

It is perfectly possible that a power-role would claim Normal Townie....therefore there would be no reason for peoplke not to believe me. Pass.

My idea of good play is me. My idea of bad play is you. Pass.
I find scum!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:47 am

Post by armlx »

Bazza-Scumfinder wrote:It is perfectly possible that a power-role would claim Normal Townie....therefore there would be no reason for peoplke not to believe me. Pass.
Terrible play actually. Odds are they will just be lynched in that scenario if they vanilla claim.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:13 am

Final plea- i am not mafia, i am a normal-townie. Armix IS mafia. Everything i have said and done has had townie reasoning behind it.
I find scum!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Qman »

I'm not confortable with bazza being L-1 while i haven't been able to read up therefor

Unvote

It's entirely possible that the vote will return later tonight but for now I'd rather it not be there. I've got a four hour block tonight where I'll be free to catch up, so I'll be up to date then.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Brandi »

You make me want to draw a hamster.... and tonight? What time zone are you in Qman?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Qman »

PST

Hamtaro rules.

Reading starting now.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by armlx »

Bazza-Scumfinder wrote:Final plea- i am not mafia, i am a normal-townie. Armix IS mafia. Everything i have said and done has had townie reasoning behind it.
Lets try this again.

Appeal to emotion is not a defense.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Brandi »

EST here. ;) Alright, It must be good because its been a while!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:EST here. ;) Alright, It must be good because its been a while!
I've got a fistfull of notes made over 8 pages of paper (daaamn i didn't think it'd take that much!) Now to compile it. this might not get up until tomorrow. I hadn't noticed just how far back I was. I'm workin though.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Brandi »

Well, its not as if you are the only one we are waiting on. ;) I am excited to see what you have cooked up though!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Qman »

The above was supposed to state 86 pages of paper.

I'm going to post the short short version for now addressing Bazza and to a minor degree armix. I'll finish sorting my notes while I'm on the road tomorrow (It's my wife to be's birthday, we'll be driving around for 4 hours).
Players:

Darox - pt
caf19 - t
Bazza - s
clammy - t
mike - pt
Brandi - t
armix - s
angel - n
The above is my current alignment list for this game that I have stickied to my monitor.

t = townie
pt = prohibitive townie
n = no solid read (also known as prohibitive lurker scum)
s = scum

@Bazza --- wow man.

There are 337 posts in the thread. 74 are yours. I've got "Bullshit" or "BAD POST" on half your posts. 34 actually but who's counting. You are being irrational and screaming at people to accept your arguments at face value. You say you discredit attacks against you... but I certainly don't think you have, and I hate to break this to you.. you saying you discredited something doesn't make it so.

You then say (I'm paraphrasing a dozen posts here) Armix is scum. There is no way he isn't. Several times you say 100% sure. IF you are town, you can't be 100% sure. Period. This is an irrefutable fact. You also have no "solid proof" as you refer to in post 235. I can also promise you than none of your kicking and screaming will cause me to focus on armix. more than i would otherwise. After/if you get lynched today he's already lined up in my number 2 slot for his mike link.

You also say (to clammy i think)
Bazza wrote: your views have been totally tunnel-visioned
I hear a phone ringing kettle, I think pot is calling you.

You have serious OMGUS issues. You have serious WIFOM issues. You have serious issues with Appealing to Emotion to much.

You are a tad prideful... if you like. You keep saying you are playing well, but you aren't... If you are town, you will probably be lynched D1. That doesn't make you a good townie. It's poor play. Period. If you are scum and get lynched, it's pretty obvious thats bad play. You screaming you are playing well doesn't work and is just distracting noise. Saying something is true =/= it being true.
Bazza wrote: The reason there is no defense of me is because i have NO mafia partner.
Bub, I hate to tell you this, but that doesn't help you at all, a scum partner would have to be an all time moron to get between you and your imploding play.

You also get personally offensive and insult people who don't agree with you, or think you are scum. This isn't a good way to not get lynched, or to make friends. It reads as flailing scum that is trying to find a way out. It also makes you look immature. At one point you said
Bazza wrote:I'm kinda looking forward to my death now
the comment I wrote right above that on my paper? "So am I, you'll shut up. " That's word for word. You aren't defending yourself you are flailing and drowning. Even if you are town,
I feel the town is better off with you dead than alive, due to your play.
This is normally an attitude I storngly disagree with, but you are proving the exception to the rule.

There are valid cases posted against you,
regardless of if you think they are valid.

The only two people I'd vote for as things stand are Bazza and Armix. I have serious problems with Armix' early play which I'll dive into at a later point. I need to decide if I want do that today or tomorrow.

The sad part is, my instinct is telling me that I'd rather see Armix lynched today, but my head and reason tell me it should be you.

vote Bazza

I'm sorry man but if you are town, you played very poorly, you've flip flopped and flailed to the point were all you are is a distraction which will only hurt the town. Plus your death will give us loads of info to work off of, one way or the other.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by Brandi »

Well evaluated so far Qman. I strongly agree with everything you have stated. You've also made me consider doing something, that is, printing out games and witting notes on them... thats brilliant.. I guess older players are more likely to do stuff like that... heh.

On an off topic note, I hope your wife-to-be's Birthday is fun for you both! It must be awesome to know that you're going to be married. I get excited every time I hear about marriage...
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:16 am

The reason i have been so irrational and perhaps annoying is due to sheer frustration.
This was not the case earlier on where i did refute arguments. It has only been done more recently because my rebuttals were argued or used against me. I spent a long time trying to answer arguments against me and the fact that they weren't listened to was very irritating.

I appreciate you have come to your own conclusion, but most of it seems based on my more recent posts, after i realised that people were being uncompromising and tunnel-visioned. You say i am being tunnel-visioned with Armix, but he has given me no reason not to be because he feels he is above questioning.

I, on the other hand welcomed questions and said i'd answer all of them. Some of my arguments or defences may be slightly flawed or hurried, but the fact is, they all have a townie agenda behind them. If people fail to realise that it is down to their bad play not mine. I know i may sound arrogant at times, but a townie dying can't be solely down to their play and the other townies who contributed to the lynch must also be held accountable.

The reason i am sooo positive about Armix, is because i recognise the Mike/Armix situation for what it was. I also recognise how he has avoided questions and has not taken an interest in me defending myself. He is definitely mafia, and not a very good one at that.

The other thing that irritates me is, people indignantly telling me off for saying someone hasn't played very well, when they have previously said i haven't played well. You guys forget i am looking at this game from a different perspective, because i see the people who are attacking an innocent townie, and also see other parts of their game. At the moment most people are so concentrated on me that they are failing to recognise other peoples scummy traits.

This is a disillusional bandwagon gone mad. I stand by the fact that i feel i have played well and i will continue to do so regardless of the outcome of Day 1. The only way i'd admit failure on my part is if Armix wasn't mafia with either Caf or Darox.

I'm sorry you guys feel i have played badly, again this is due to being disillusioned. But if we had killed Armix the whole game would have turned out differently and my frantic attempts to prove i was townie would not have been necessary. I realise that they were unhelpful but i couldn't go back and forth refuting inflated arguments, because they could be made about every post, and i don't really have time...as i'm studying for my end of year law assessments.
I find scum!
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:17 am

Oh yeah, hope you have an awesome wedding too mate.
I find scum!
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:09 am

Post by caf19 »

This is better from Qman. Q, you've also got armlx down as scum, any reasoning for that apart from his mike link?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Qman »

caf19 wrote:This is better from Qman. Q, you've also got armlx down as scum, any reasoning for that apart from his mike link?
Several honestly, but I don't have the time right now to sort through my notes, just about to head out.

THe mike bit is a major contributor.

@brandi It's easier to find things on paper, searching pages of a forum is... meh. Doubly so in a fast paced game.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:10 am

Well Qman if you have a case against Armix i'd advise removing your vote on me, incase a hammer is placed and it turns night before you have a chance to do so. Because it is perfectly possible that the mafia will kill you at night.

I'd also advise that the necessary pressure be applied on Armix, because if at least half of the amount is ploaced on him that was placed on me....you guys should be able to see what i see in him.
I find scum!
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by clammy »

clammy wrote:
Bazza wrote:@ Clammy, i had already explained that either Darox or Caf was being tunnel-visioned before your post, it was in different words, but i felt "tunnel-visioned" was the perfect phrase to encapsulate my thoughts on them.
If you can produce a reference to that post i'll happily retract that statement, the vote will stay.
Bazza wrote:Post 283.
Bazza-Scumfinder at 283 wrote:
armlx wrote:If I'm wrong, my scum list of everyone else doesn't drastically change, probably would suspect Qman + Angelmouse instead of Bazza + Angel. The scenario would simply be that Bazza was playing far worse then he gives himself credit for, rather then moderately worse.

Oh yeah and this is a classic mafia quote. You are setting yourself up for on Day 2 when i'm dead, you can act as if your mistake was no big deal and move onto your next two suspects. Who surprise surprise the mafia are most likely to want to keep alive at night. You will most likely kill Clammy or Brandi tonight (because between Darox and Caf19) one is your partner and you have the other majorly disillusioned. I'll say it again Easy suspects.

Anyone else see it? - cause i don't.

And coaching a nightkill anyone?

Since i seem to be quoting a bit in this post i say again:
"If you are town you have surely played a pitiful game."
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Darox »

Prohibitive townie?

That not good.
Sounds like I'm holding the town back.

As for Bazza's request for Qman to hold off to prevent him from being hammered, I disagree.

If someone does hammer Bazza without first letting both Angel and Mike give solid opinions on the lynch then that person will give us some interesting information and cause for serious discussion D2. Bazza already has 6 people willing to lynch him, hes going to be lynched either way unless some miracle happens. If someone slips up and hammers him prematurely it will give us some insight on the player.

Although, it does depend if you think Angel/Mike's opinions they give before Bazza's alignment is revealed will be that much more useful that it is not worth the risk of someone hammering.

Personally, I think hes fine at -1.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:15 am

If i respected your opinion Clammy i would be bothered by that statement. But as your opinion has already been proven to be wrong then i really couldn't care about your analysis of my game.

With the exception of me, Brandi and perhaps Qman to an extent everyone has played this game very poorly. Although Brandi and Qman are still misguided about my alignment.
I find scum!
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:29 am

Post by clammy »

That's nice that you don't value my opinion, but really, if you want me to believe you're town then provide an argument. I've clearly shown you some objections, you come back to me with the same you've come back to others with of "but i've already rebutted that", can't provide a citation, and refuse to do it "again".

You really think that's good town play?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:34 am

Post by caf19 »

Angelmouse hasn't posted anything substantial for a week :? She said she'd post "ASAP" on Thursday, but hasn't returned since. Time for a prod? Done.

Bazza, saying that all of us are playing "very poorly" isn't going to earn you any respect. If you're town, well D1 mislynches happen all the time and you should approach it constructively rather than casting insults around. If you're scum, we've obviously played well.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:23 am

Post by armlx »

With the exception of me, Brandi and perhaps Qman to an extent everyone has played this game very poorly. Although Brandi and Qman are still misguided about my alignment.

Says the man being Day 1 lynched.

Bazza, just a lesson to learn from this game: If all 8 other players are saying you are playing poorly, you probably are.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”