hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 115, popsofctown wrote: So this discussion has been like, really overcomplicated right? This is a smalltown setup, basically. The gun is not a named townie just a townie with a gun. Claiming gun should not be a deterrent from hammering, that verifies the player has a 2/3rds chance of being scum. 67% chance of an additional scum NK and a 33% chance of an additional vig is a penalty, not reward, for backing off of a wagon. So hito has that part correct. Asking for the gun to claim early so he can be hawt is not correct, it identifies who can be NKed.
I mean, you call it "overcomplicated" but you were advocating texas justice until I pointed out the downfalls of it, so it feels pretty necessary to me.

I liked Cephrir's - switch, it really does suggest he's reading/reacting in a threaded way (whereas scum prefer to read everything, then react).
In post 146, implosion wrote:I'm actually caught up now.

hito/pops/ceph/lld is all pretty solid town. I didn't like pops's entrance but their posting since then is both good and contains things that they'd have had to go out of their way to put in as scum in a way that I don't think would be likely.

VOTE: Something_Smart
wow damn I really hate this post. LLD has S_S as a scumread but not her top vote, and I have S_S as a townread. but implosion doesn't engage with either of us? It feels like both "try to sell a townread on a wagon they like, but isn't their top" and "try to work out disagreement with townread" are both things you would want to do and I really don't like not seeing either of them. feels very much like voting to be seen voting vs voting to accomplish anything.

also alisae is like locktown after our exchange and I am happy voting with eir.

VOTE: implosion
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 115, popsofctown wrote:Strength of entrance has some meaning in the game, and S_S made a weak entrance.
Uh
dude
what makes SS' opening worse then Implos?
GTKAS
| here.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I dont by any means think implosion is a shining beacon of townie light but I could see myself doing the things you're criticizing him for, hi to, and for that reason I am not very convinced!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

Cephir who do you think should die right now?
GTKAS
| here.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I dont have a confident or really any scumread right now but if I had to pick someone I'd pick xyzzy
Bartleby the Scrivener
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 152, Cephrir wrote:I dont by any means think implosion is a shining beacon of townie light but I could see myself doing the things you're criticizing him for, hi to, and for that reason I am not very convinced!
I mean, I guess where is the disconnect? What factors would have you wanting to cast a vote without trying to aggregate support or figure out the opposing case from a townread? because my main issue is I can't really see a motivation for implosions vote beyond image.
In post 154, Cephrir wrote:I dont have a confident or really any scumread right now but if I had to pick someone I'd pick xyzzy
Cephrir, I must regretfully inform that that we are playing a mafia game and you do, in fact, have to pick someone
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 154, Cephrir wrote:I dont have a confident or really any scumread right now but if I had to pick someone I'd pick xyzzy
why xyzzy
GTKAS
| here.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Hito talk to me about Implo, I don't really get your reasoning.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 155, hitogoroshi wrote:I mean, I guess where is the disconnect? What factors would have you wanting to cast a vote without trying to aggregate support or figure out the opposing case from a townread? because my main issue is I can't really see a motivation for implosions vote beyond image.
Didn't you just get done saying that there are a bunch of reasons you might use your vote, rather than just wanting to lynch someone?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.1

Something_Smart [2] - popsofctown, implosion
implosion [2] - Alisae, hitogoroshi
Lady Lambdadelta [1] - xyzzy
xyzzy [1] - Lady Lambdadelta

Not Voting [5]
- Something_Smart, justincase1017, Pine, Haschel Cedricson, Cephrir

With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-06-16 21:00:00)
Last edited by FakeGod on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Fakegod: Says a [1] by implosion in the vote count, ought to be [2].
:)
In post 157, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Hito talk to me about Implo, I don't really get your reasoning.
In post 158, Something_Smart wrote: Didn't you just get done saying that there are a bunch of reasons you might use your vote, rather than just wanting to lynch someone?
yeah! and some of those reasons I would expect implo to rally his townreads (maybe he wants a pressure reaction or something), and some others I would expect him to try to sell me why I'm wrong, some others he might say "hito talk to me about this S_S AIGHT read because he seems more of an OH DANG to me". But blank voting on someone with very little pressure feels bad for both pressure AND information, and when implosion has four "solid town" reads to work with, you'd think he would have been able to use them in conjunction with the vote some way or another, right?

LLD gimme your strongest town read plz
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:50 am

Sure, I would agree that he as town would probably have a direction, or maybe several possible directions, he intended to go with that vote.

I don't see why he would have to announce or work toward the direction immediately upon placing the vote, and it's strange for you to jump straight to "there is no reason" rather than "he hasn't shared it yet."

I don't doubt that implosion is a capable enough scum player to have in mind some town reasoning for making a vote. It's not really a fair or valid assumption to say that because the reason isn't clear yet, there must not be one.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 155, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 152, Cephrir wrote:I dont by any means think implosion is a shining beacon of townie light but I could see myself doing the things you're criticizing him for, hi to, and for that reason I am not very convinced!
I mean, I guess where is the disconnect? What factors would have you wanting to cast a vote without trying to aggregate support or figure out the opposing case from a townread? because my main issue is I can't really see a motivation for implosions vote beyond image.
I think that you want players to play mafia in this affiliative, coalition building, town-leader way that objectively leads to their wagons going through and I'm here to tell you that the reality, whatever the reason, is that not everyone plays mafia this way.
Cephrir, I must regretfully inform that that we are playing a mafia game and you do, in fact, have to pick someone
Yeah, but I have quite a few more days in which to decide.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

like sometimes players just vote their strongest scumread and don't make personal appeals to everyone to join them (i'll agree that some sort of case probably wouldn't hurt at least)

if you want to call that weak play you're entitled to do so but the fact remains that it happens
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

i guess i'll VOTE: xyzzy because im feeling convinced at the moment by the argument that i should try to wring usefulness from my vote
Bartleby the Scrivener
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

UNVOTE: unvote: something_smart the other people voting S_S suck
VOTE: xyzzy the people voting xyzzy are awesome

I'm willing to play mafia in a affiliative, coalition building, town-leader way that objectively leads to their wagons going through, hito! But not with you! Eat a chocolate rose.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 151, Alisae wrote:Uh
dude
what makes SS' opening worse then Implos?
In post 119, popsofctown wrote:
Implosion is super scummy, please don't spoil danganronpa for the other players.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am

In post 165, popsofctown wrote:UNVOTE: unvote: something_smart the other people voting S_S suck
VOTE: xyzzy the people voting xyzzy are awesome
Not sure if I agree with the implicit premise that scum are less likely to be voting scum than town are.

I would think that, if you actually disliked my wagon that much, you'd just vote implosion.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

HITO IS LESS LIKELY TO BE VOTING SCUM BECAUSE HE'S BAD AT MAFIA.
I WAS GOING TO LEAVE IT UNSAID BUT S_S MADE ME SAY IT
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 am

Less likely.than what? Voting randomly?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

In the next votecount, FakeGod will print you a list of people whose votes are better than hito's. He's going to say that it's a list of people that are voting xyzzy, but do not be fooled by the confusing formatting, he is actually providing a modconfirmed list of players who tend to vote scum more accurately than hito.
My name will be on there and that one will count
especially

S_S please wait with bated breath. I will begin summoning FakeGod by touching the Fake runes and chanting some fake words.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think xyzzy is in prod range mafiascum is 48 hour prods these days right?
"Well, I..."
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:56 am

Post by FakeGod »

Just ask me to prod someone.

Cyanjet replaces justincase1017.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 am

Post by xyzzy »

hey yeah sorry I meant to post yesterday but then I didn't because I'm a lazy fuck

I feel like a lot of the discussion re:LLD vs me comes down to LLD's meta, but tbh I know exactly nothing about her meta. can someone who knows things about that summarize what about this interaction feels town to them? I'm willing to be convinced, but for now I still feel like my initial reaction of thinking it's just an irrational, over the top response from scum is correct.

is very good -- Cephrir is town, I think.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 173, xyzzy wrote:hey yeah sorry I meant to post yesterday but then I didn't because I'm a lazy fuck

I feel like a lot of the discussion re:LLD vs me comes down to LLD's meta, but tbh I know exactly nothing about her meta. can someone who knows things about that summarize what about this interaction feels town to them? I'm willing to be convinced, but for now I still feel like my initial reaction of thinking it's just an irrational, over the top response from scum is correct.

is very good -- Cephrir is town, I think.
Please answer my question.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”