Townie
Cyanjet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Cyanjet »

[/quote]
This is my favorite replace-in ever.
FakeGod can you please change whatever this person replaced into to N1 Rose.
You can modkill me in exchange as long as I get to watch more of this from the dead thread.[/quote]

I liked pops from the Scholarship Student Isis avatar and this certainly helps. Though I can't shake away the sinking suspicion that, if I'm not a N1 rose, I'm dead by Pops' hand tonight.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Hey look the guy I said was town is town
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yes. You should probably gloat about it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Agreed
Bartleby the Scrivener
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 207, hitogoroshi wrote:
xyzzy
: let's turn the question around to you instead. clearly you're alone on that LLD wagon and are gonna stay that way until YOU convince US. how do you feel about that? Are there players you think should be convinced, and are surprised are not? also, as someone who DOES have a lot of meta knowledge with LLD (I even played Liars Club with her!), what about my reasoning left you unconvinced?
so I think my vote on LLD is kind of being characterized by a lot of folks in a way that I don't think is totally accurate -- I tend to park my vote somewhere early day 1 and it's usually just a "this person's tone seems off to me" type of thing. my vote on LLD is basically me saying "I don't like some of your page 1 interactions," and I feel like any reasonable person could surmise that it's not the strongest or most concrete vote in the world, and that I'm not necessarily expecting a wagon to form from it. that being said, I don't see a lot of value in moving it repeatedly (honestly, people who change their votes regularly throughout a game always feel scummy to me, and I personally try to avoid ever doing that).

so in response to your first couple questions, I don't really feel like anyone should be convinced by anything that happens on page 2 based on something that happens on page 1. that's not... how convincing people of things works? like honestly anyone who feels like their early reads -- their day 1 reads, even -- are definitely right usually turns out to be completely wrong. like I moderate a lot more than I play lately and I've noticed the definite trend that people who say "I'm definitely right about this" on day 1 are usually wrong.

with what you said about her meta, I'm not saying that's not true about her, but at least initially I felt like that's kind of what was happening there -- sometimes people interpret very early pressure as a sign that they're in danger and act as though they're on the verge of being lynched just before deadline. I felt like that's what I was getting from her: someone who was overreacting to what they saw as a situation that could only end in them dying.

with all that being said, I think I'm gonna
UNVOTE:
for now. I feel a lot more confident about my town reads so far than my scum reads (which, like, if you go read basically any serious non-meme non-marathon game I've played in the last few years is pretty consistent with how I normally am), so for now I'm going to leave it here.

cyanjet feels town to me so far. I don't think newbie scum makes a post like .

I feel weirdly unsure of both Something_Smart and implosion right now? like despite the fact that they're both very present so far, I don't feel like I have a strong read on either of them.

also, since I never actually responded to this:
In post 143, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 141, Alisae wrote:I like these replacements.
Also Haschel its mostly just talk on how to play the setup for the most part.
Xyzzy, was that a good summary?
there's nothing I considered wrong there at that point in the game; like I said before, it behooves scum players to try to make sure their setup analysis is meaningful and accurate, so while talking about the setup is important in a game like this, I don't believe that most of it is usually alignment-indicative.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

the "haven't had a vote count in a while update" - deadline is 3 and a half days and xyzzy is L-2 (I think)

I'm not quite as high on cyanjet-town as pops/ceph because we have no guarantee they're a newbie and if they're an alt that feels an awful lot like a carrot in a box sort of gambit. But yeah it's townie enough I'm not super enthused to push it D1 so I guess this is mostly a semantic, in-case-I-die kind of quibble.

don't have much time but I have some angry nagging time: we have non-voters Pine (never posted), Haschel (wanted to do this fucky ducky thing first), something_special (mafia playstyle is to sit and watch other people play mafia), effectively cyanjet (voting because of a professed ignorance that they can abstain, explicitly doesn't want the vote to go anywhere), and effectively xyzzy (unvoted LLD because of my appeal that their vote wasn't going to do anything without casing, but then didn't revote which is pretty sketchville). at least three of these players are town. in the worst case, all five of these players are town, at which point it is
literally impossible
for the town to get a wagon done without the help of the mafia. Can we uhh, maybe get that moving a little bit

my no-go list for today is alisae, ceph, lld, s_s. first two are basically locktown, lld high percentage also, s_s is a tier below but still way outta lynch range imo. cyanjet would maybe be here if I had a bulletproof guarantee they were a brand new player.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.2

implosion [2] - Alisae, hitogoroshi
xyzzy [4] - Lady Lambdadelta, Cephrir, popsofctown, implosion

Not Voting [5]
- Something_Smart, justincase1017, Pine, Haschel Cedricson, xyzzy

With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2019-06-16 21:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Alisae »

the only voter I actually like on the xyzzy wagon is LLD
I don't dislike Ceph but I'm certainly not gonna kill it.
Hey Hito I have an idea
VOTE: Pine
GTKAS
| here.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

The hasch and pine slots are very much not doing anything for me at present yeah
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Alisae »

Thats not even half the reason behind the vote
Just look at Pine’s post history
He’s very active on site but not here
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

So it's a wake-up slap? :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 am

Or do you think him not posting is scum indicative?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am

Post by Alisae »

I really do not feel like playing out my hand atm, but all I can say is that anyone who respects Pine’s scumgame should hop on and that this wagon is probably going to be the best way to advance the gamestate.
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 am

Hmm

I will agree with hito that sitting on my vote is a lot less effective in a game where four others are doing the same thing, and I will trust that you have a good reason to say that.

(I don't actually think I've ever played with Pine, but I definitely know his scum reputation.)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 237, Alisae wrote:I really do not feel like playing out my hand atm, but all I can say is that anyone who respects Pine’s scumgame should hop on and that this wagon is probably going to be the best way to advance the gamestate.
weird pitch mate
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Alisae »

Basically if you vote him he’ll play the game is that a better pitch for you?
GTKAS
| here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 238, Something_Smart wrote:Hmm

I will agree with hito that sitting on my vote is a lot less effective in a game where four others are doing the same thing, and I will trust that you have a good reason to say that.

(I don't actually think I've ever played with Pine, but I definitely know his scum reputation.)

thanks friend

I'm a little unhappy leaving implo so unsorted but I don't have any clever ideas on a post to do here where implos reaction would be highly significant and I'm in the lonely hearts club rn, so sure I'll add some gas to the tank

VOTE: Pine (L-3)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like there's this really strong chance this game didn't make it onto Pine's bookmarks, since he posted "I acknowledge I'm replacing into this game" and nothing else. He's posting considerably even in non mafia forums. Like, this isn't really, "he's in several mafia games, he's posting the least in this one, that means he's probably scum in this one". He's not even in this one.
FakeGod did not acknowledge my prod request so I don't know if it happened which would be very frustrating because PM ping would be how you remedy a dropped bookmark issue.

At the same time you should join more games than you can have on your mind so bookmarking issue or not it's very scum-indicative that he hasn't shown up here. I'm just saying it's reduced if it does turn out to be a bookmarking issue, I've been less active in one of my games before for a page or two until I finally got it bookmarked.

Idk. My big thing is not being particularly worried that Pine is likely to flip green because I have any information that suggests he might, my big thing is if this game is 8 day deadlines AND no prods on mod initiative AND fakegod missed my bolded prod request and we mislynch this player and it hurts my win% I'm gonna be frustrated.

VOTE: Pine l-2
For some players I'd worry about skewing their behavior and making them harder to read when they come in under so much pressure, but Pine's a big boy.

Multipost incoming
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 238, Something_Smart wrote:
I will agree with hito that sitting on my vote is a lot less effective in a game where four others are doing the same thing,
Why? How? That doesn't make any sense. If sitting on your vote is the best way to find mafia then it's the best way to find mafia. If it's not it's not.
"Well, I..."
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:18 am

Post by FakeGod »

I sent the prod today.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 am

In post 243, popsofctown wrote:Why? How? That doesn't make any sense. If sitting on your vote is the best way to find mafia then it's the best way to find mafia. If it's not it's not.
And if it depends on the situation, then it depends on the situation.

Everything depends on the situation.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 230, hitogoroshi wrote: I'm not quite as high on cyanjet-town as pops/ceph because we have no guarantee they're a newbie and if they're an alt that feels an awful lot like a carrot in a box sort of gambit. But yeah it's townie enough I'm not super enthused to push it D1 so I guess this is mostly a semantic, in-case-I-die kind of quibble.
Someone could play 1000 mafia games and I'd townread those posts. The act seems too hard. I dislike this protruding effort to keep cyanjet in your lynchpool more than anything else alignment indicative you've done all day. These posts have soul. If it's a veteran roleplaying a newbie they'd have get a town role PM to get this deep in character, setting aside a lot of the diction making it unlikely that it's a veteran roleplaying a newbie.
something_special
Please don't use this nickname again. I don't know if you are trying to draw comparisons to playstyle, but I think it's an acceptable civility rule for me to request that you not turn another user's username into a variant of the only person banned from ms.net at the same time they got hard jail time. You can call him Never_Smart. Anything else.
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am

Or Something_Scummy, that one's a favorite of Dunnstral :P
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

oh yeah I just said something_special as an incorrect top-dome of the username pops is totally correct that it would be abhorrent for me to use that as a nickname of any sort and I apologize for the accident
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 am

A surprising amount of people have called me that by accident.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”