Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Most Serene »

i mean, Oversoul was with me in Pikmin Mafia where I was town, I screamed at Majiffy until I gave myself a nosebleed, drunkenly wrote FUCK MAJIFFY on my hand in permanent marker, and replaced out in a fury

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26193
Sleeping on the beach takes seconds, achieving enlightenment takes a lifetime.
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

In post 599, Most Serene wrote:
In post 598, Carl Tuckerson wrote:What's got you thinking Hectic is mafia?

i'm sorry, the hydra head you are calling is unavailable. DGB will be with you eventually

for now, I, kuribo, have already explained why hectic is scum

I even made sand art about it
Ah I thought the other head was at the beach. Hope you are enjoying it. I moved away from the Gulf and haven't been able to go in a while, but my favorite times of year that I would actually recommend to others were April (dodge spring break and summer crowds) and September (especially after Labor Day).
...are you at the Gulf? I just assumed but I guess you could be anywhere lol.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
"omg you killed carl you basterds" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Most Serene »

and that's really something because i consider both Majiffy and mollie to be among my closest friends on the site now
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Most Serene »

In post 601, Carl Tuckerson wrote:
In post 599, Most Serene wrote:
In post 598, Carl Tuckerson wrote:What's got you thinking Hectic is mafia?

i'm sorry, the hydra head you are calling is unavailable. DGB will be with you eventually

for now, I, kuribo, have already explained why hectic is scum

I even made sand art about it
Ah I thought the other head was at the beach. Hope you are enjoying it. I moved away from the Gulf and haven't been able to go in a while, but my favorite times of year that I would actually recommend to others were April (dodge spring break and summer crowds) and September (especially after Labor Day).
...are you at the Gulf? I just assumed but I guess you could be anywhere lol.
it's night time, I was at the beach when the sun was up, then i went to a minor league ball game and now i'm home

east coast between DC and the ocean
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

Ah I see. I think I know why I thought you were at the Gulf, you mentioned New Orleans in another thread and I'd just associated you with home. Sounds like fun!
I would not have guessed that ending from skimming your ISO lol. Happy enough ending.

Anyway enough flirting. I see you think Iconeum is town. How much of that is related to his read on Hectic vs other things in the thread (if there are any), and if there are other things in the thread pointing you to Iconeum being town, what are they? I'm reading the opposite of you on both players, so I'm curious how much of the one is dependent on the other (since my scumread on Iconeum is mostly rooted in thinking his read on Hectic is incorrect and not coming from the right place) and how much we can independently discuss.
"my way is honoring the 4th is do a rebel run light as many fireworks as i can get drunk and stone and say think god im a american at least i know im free" - cyrus62
GTKAS
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by Most Serene »

In post 604, Carl Tuckerson wrote:New Orleans in another thread
I went to Nola for Wrestlemania last year
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I should be around tomorrow to catch up and lay some reads down.

If anyone has anything specific they would like me to comment on let me know.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Most Serene »

In post 604, Carl Tuckerson wrote:Ah I see. I think I know why I thought you were at the Gulf, you mentioned New Orleans in another thread and I'd just associated you with home. Sounds like fun!
I would not have guessed that ending from skimming your ISO lol. Happy enough ending.

Anyway enough flirting. I see you think Iconeum is town. How much of that is related to his read on Hectic vs other things in the thread (if there are any), and if there are other things in the thread pointing you to Iconeum being town, what are they? I'm reading the opposite of you on both players, so I'm curious how much of the one is dependent on the other (since my scumread on Iconeum is mostly rooted in thinking his read on Hectic is incorrect and not coming from the right place) and how much we can independently discuss.

Zero to do with his read on hectic. I liked the catch up wall, I liked that I can see a logical progression in the posts they've made about their reads. I don't see scummy intent from them at the moment; they come across like someone who genuinely re-read what they missed and came to conclusions. My read on Ico is more to do with reading their own posts than who they're voting or reading.
Gandalf
Gandalf
Townie
Gandalf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Gandalf »

In post 564, Carl Tuckerson wrote:
In post 563, Egduf wrote:
In post 560, Carl Tuckerson wrote:egduf, can you talk to me about Gandalf's play here vs the in-person games you two have played together? I asked earlier but it got lost in the shuffle.
He’s not particularly controversial and tends to go with the flow of town. If he figures something out he’s normally pretty sure of it and has good reasons, I don’t see him flip flop often. He plays more based of reads and interactions than numbers. This is why I thought the dismissal of plan was odd, because he didn’t have any strong reasons for going against what was popular opinion at the time.
I see. Is there anything alignment-specific that you can tell me about his behavior?
I ask because I gave him a townread early in the game for being an invested part of the mechanical solve conversation, but I sense he's dropped off quite a bit once we moved to real scumhunting, which bothers me.

Actually I should just ask him. But please do answer as well edfug.
Gandalf, where do you stand on suspects right now? Your recent posts look very noncommittal to me.
Since youve asked, as things stand now:

Delta Klim - town
Hectic - prob town. If you ignore the humour and just read the rest of it
Formerfish - not sure
Egduf - town
Menalque - poss scum?
EspressoPatronum - not sure
Most Serene - prob town
Tet - not sure
Oversoul - poss scum?
TiphaineDeath - town. Ive changed my mind on this
Iconeum - poss scum?
Carl Tuckerson - town
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by Iconeum »

So I'm being scumread by people because of my catch up, and how strange it was build up

But I'm also being townread because of my catch up, and how well it was build up
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 500, Menalque wrote:That, your catch up wall, and PoE
In post 527, Menalque wrote:I felt like you were actively trying to townread me in your wall, icon, rather than reading me and gradually coming to that conclusion

That makes me feel like you're maybe trying to get me off your back as you were close to being in my SRs through PoE
I have no reason for 'actively' reading someone as town
When I catch up I read the game, I Multi-quote whatever interests/pings me and stuff I wanna talk about. Then I reply to everything in order. So yes, my mind was probably made up at the time of actually writing it because I already read everyting prior to responding.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Gandalf
Gandalf
Townie
Gandalf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Gandalf »

VOTE: ICONEUM
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 611, Gandalf wrote:VOTE: ICONEUM
talk to me?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by Iconeum »

and have you played with me before?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 183, Gandalf wrote:I'm thinking Delta and Hectic could be Scum, plus someone who is being quiet.
So you are together with me on Hectic scumread
In post 449, Gandalf wrote:
In post 446, Iconeum wrote:18 pages over the course of the weekend

seems like my kind of game

what did I miss?
Whats insights do you have to offer then Icon? As you say, lots to catch up on...
And I did, most of which you never responded?
In post 484, Gandalf wrote:
In post 483, Egduf wrote:I agree with Carl. I think Hectic’s “scum slip” is the Towniest thing he’s done so far. It’s moved him up to a town read for me. I don’t think Icon’s reaction is scummy though, deliberately playing scummy as Town for a joke is a weird move, and being suspicious of that is fine.
Why is Hectic doing hilarious scumslip comedy to entertain us all, a particularly more townie thing to do than all his other posts - particularly as he does this as part of his playstyle? I cant see how that could have really infuenced your view on him one way or the other?
You are seeing the same things I'm seeing, and you end up scumreading me for it?

In you have me as possible scum despite being pretty much on the same reads as I am, without ever talking to me or discussing reads or stuff. How are you coming to a scumread on me?
Even worse, how did HECTIC become a TOWNREAD in this post?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Carl Tuckerson
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Carl Tuckerson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Carl Tuckerson »

We have two factions gaining traction right now--one faction suspects Hectic, the other Iconeum. Some (like me) have interrelated reads on this issue, most (like Most Serene, and maybe Gandalf here?) have independent reads that Hectic and Iconeum are different alignments.

I sense there's something significant to this but I'm running out of steam to figure it out tonight. Someone ping me tomorrow if I forget and I'll dig into it. At a glance I expect the following to be true:
(1) There's at most one mafia between them;
(2) If one is mafia, his partners will be in his detractors more than his supporters.
~
(1) is easy enough, I just don't think they're busing. Mafia Hectic doesn't deliberately scumslip for mafia Iconeum to then call out and press, and mafia Iconeum has no real reason to be invested in showing the world that his partner slipped when I gave him plenty of room to say "oh yeah you're right, meta that's difficult to discuss right now clearly shows he is NOT guilty, good job Carl" and back off of it with plausible deniability if Hectic got burned later.
(2) If you accept that (1) is true and accept the premise of (2) (that there is a mafia here), the mafia's partners know that they'll be taking a lot of heat when we find the mafia between them, if the mafia are caught out supporting their guy (whether they be supporting scum Hectic in the wake of a scumslip or scum Iconeum for pushing a fake scumslip unreasonably hard). The safe spot for mafia to be right now is softly against their guy, probably not voting him but certainly naming him as a suspect.

Sorry that's so generalized, I plan to look through the two factions tomorrow and come up with something more actionable.
GTKAS
Most Serene
Most Serene
Goon
Most Serene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Most Serene »

That's a lot of words to state the obvious, which is that Ico is a blatant counterwagon to Hectic. Hectic is scum for more than "hilarious scumslip comedy."

If I'm right about Hectic, Gandalf's recent posts make him very likely for a buddy because it looks like he's trying to push a day 1 counterwagon.

-k
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by Menalque »

This game was going right and then a few pages ago it started going wrong. I’m gonna figure out who made that happen and get them lynched. Egduf is still scum, but is lower priority because she wasn’t the one who derailed the thread
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by Hectic »

Nah, I'm the easy wagon to push for scum, and the fact so many are latching onto that "scumslip" and the OMGUS votes after the Iconeum wagon had formed does make me a lot more suspicious of him.

His early suspicion of me was perfectly warranted in my eyes, but the fact he researched my meta and came back with
In post 477, Iconeum wrote: Ok, so I just meta'd him. It's not there. You are eating rope after Hectic.
does sound like someone who doesn't want to admit they're wrong. Also this:
In post 458, Iconeum wrote:
In post 451, Iconeum wrote:Uhhhh...
little
bit of a scumslip there. Disregard that
immediately
please.
This isn't someone trying to say they made a joke
What about that doesn't sound like I'm playing into the joke? Icon's unrealistically just not getting it and pushing me for self-preservation.

VOTE: Iconeum
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 617, Menalque wrote:This game was going right and then a few pages ago it started going wrong. I’m gonna figure out who made that happen and get them lynched. Egduf is still scum, but is lower priority because she wasn’t the one who derailed the thread
I hate to say it but I think it was me for my "scumslip", probably shouldn't do those for future games. Though maybe now that I've got more examples to point back at, I should continue making them...
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:03 am

Post by Hectic »

Whoops
, forgot to
italicise
and
embolden
words for emphasis in those two posts there,
wipe
them from your memory please.
In post 483, Egduf wrote:I agree with Carl. I think Hectic’s “scum slip” is the Towniest thing he’s done so far. It’s moved him up to a town read for me. I don’t think Icon’s reaction is scummy though, deliberately playing scummy as Town for a joke is a weird move, and being suspicious of that is fine.
In post 548, Egduf wrote: Because, WIFOM or not, he knows this sort of play draws a lot of negative attention to himself and I don't think he would have made this specific joke as scum. There are ways of messing around without pretending to be scum.
^If you all townread Educa for these two posts, why do
disagree
with what she's saying here? She's played enough games with me to
know
this.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 618, Hectic wrote:Nah, I'm the easy wagon to push for scum, and the fact so many are latching onto that "scumslip" and the OMGUS votes after the Iconeum wagon had formed does make me a lot more suspicious of him.

His early suspicion of me was perfectly warranted in my eyes, but the fact he researched my meta and came back with
In post 477, Iconeum wrote: Ok, so I just meta'd him. It's not there. You are eating rope after Hectic.
does sound like someone who doesn't want to admit they're wrong. Also this:
In post 458, Iconeum wrote:
In post 451, Iconeum wrote:Uhhhh...
little
bit of a scumslip there. Disregard that
immediately
please.
This isn't someone trying to say they made a joke
What about that doesn't sound like I'm playing into the joke? Icon's unrealistically just not getting it and pushing me for self-preservation.

VOTE: Iconeum
I literally looked up your previous game, read your ISO, and didn't see anything of the likes, as opposed to what was being said in game. I still strongly scumread your slip, and if you are alive after my death i'm confident this will be reinvestigated.

There is a big difference between 'unrealistic' and 'pushing caught scum'.

Me 'not wanting to admit i'm wrong' is 100% correct BECAUSE I'M NOT WRONG
And yes I do definitely NOT read that part as a joke

You messed up and you are gonna eat a bullet for it :)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:05 am

Post by Iconeum »

And i'm not even pushing your post for OMGUS, which is basicly is. You just didn't have the balls to counter me until after others took the lead. Talk about an 'easy' target huh
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:06 am

Post by Menalque »

My instinct based on what’s happened is going egduf, hectic, one out of (icon, Most Serene)
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:07 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 615, Carl Tuckerson wrote:We have two factions gaining traction right now--one faction suspects Hectic, the other Iconeum. Some (like me) have interrelated reads on this issue, most (like Most Serene, and maybe Gandalf here?) have independent reads that Hectic and Iconeum are different alignments.

I sense there's something significant to this but I'm running out of steam to figure it out tonight. Someone ping me tomorrow if I forget and I'll dig into it. At a glance I expect the following to be true:
(1) There's at most one mafia between them;
(2) If one is mafia, his partners will be in his detractors more than his supporters.
~
(1) is easy enough, I just don't think they're busing. Mafia Hectic doesn't deliberately scumslip for mafia Iconeum to then call out and press, and mafia Iconeum has no real reason to be invested in showing the world that his partner slipped when I gave him plenty of room to say "oh yeah you're right, meta that's difficult to discuss right now clearly shows he is NOT guilty, good job Carl" and back off of it with plausible deniability if Hectic got burned later.
(2) If you accept that (1) is true and accept the premise of (2) (that there is a mafia here), the mafia's partners know that they'll be taking a lot of heat when we find the mafia between them, if the mafia are caught out supporting their guy (whether they be supporting scum Hectic in the wake of a scumslip or scum Iconeum for pushing a fake scumslip unreasonably hard). The safe spot for mafia to be right now is softly against their guy, probably not voting him but certainly naming him as a suspect.

Sorry that's so generalized, I plan to look through the two factions tomorrow and come up with something more actionable.
Did you really need to write all of this to come to the conclusion that Hectic and I are not in a faction? Holy smokes Batman...

Instead you guys should be figuring out how it's possible people are scumreading me for my catch-up wall, but at the same time people are townreading me for the very same reasons and they aren't pushing each other over it...
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”