Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Gimbo »

^ are you saying that you investigated FFB last nite? why do I find that hard to believe?

I am not scum and if you are presumably not scum and neither is FFB, then it must be either skitzer or Gojira. However, I have a
FoH
on you right now.

If the REAL cop is out there, it is time to claim, otherwise we'll have to take Corinthain's word.

P.S. Is it possible that this setup doesn't have a cop?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Gimbo »

If Corinthian is a cop, then the following is true:

Gojira - SCUM

Corinthian - cop

skitzer -innocent according to cop

Gimbo - town :)

FFB - innocent according to cop

If Gojira isn't scum, Corinthian you're dead tomorrow. -_-

Unvote Vote:Gojira

looking back, Gojira seems to be playing two sides, mildly critiquing Slaine's argument about my 'bad hunch' and also saying that Me+Phoebus probably aren't scumbuddies. His vote was on me until almost the last minute. before he bussed Slaine so yea...

Lets win this game guys, c'mon!!!!!!!

Gojira,
Claim or Die

everyone join the Gojira bandwagon NOW!
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Gimbo »

yeaa....my first win on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gojira
Gojira
Townie
Gojira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Gojira »

How interesting.

Well, I'll hazard a guess that Gimbo was Phoebus' mason buddy. That makes a lot of sense, in retrospect, why Phoebus was defending Gimbo the way he did. So Gimbo is semi-confirmed in my mind - unless I hear evidence to suggest otherwise, I'll assume they were mason buddies. And mason-scummason thingies aren't unheard of, but unlikely in a game like this IMO. So def not 100% confirmed, but, say.... 80.

Um, with the SK and Vig gone, I'd assume we'd be down to one killing party by now - not definite, but probable. I would have thought the scum would have clearly gone for Corinthian, so we would either have him dead or noone dead. But this is unexpected... so I've got four possible solutions why Corinthian is alive:
1) The scum assumed Corinthian would be doc protected, and took the risky play of leaving him alive in order to get a more guaranteed kill off.
2) Corinthian is scum making a risky play.
3) There is a redirector of some sort out there - maybe a simple redirector was lucky enough to hit the scum, maybe a sort of doc-redirector who shifts the kill off one person onto another. I would think that would be too complicated for this game, from the fairly vanilla roles we've seen so far.
4) FFB is the scum, and the mod chose to have him kill a randomly selected night target rather than nothing at all for the sake of keeping the game going. Getting a bit meta there for my liking, though.
Gimbo wrote:^ are you saying that you investigated FFB last nite? why do I find that hard to believe?
It does strike me as an odd choice.
Gimbo wrote:P.S. Is it possible that this setup doesn't have a cop?
Entirely possible, I suppose, from what I know. As I understand it, it seems cop is
the
most common role out there, so it'd be unexpected and not all that likely, but it could happen.

Process of elimination: I know I'm innocent, I'm assuming for now that 2) and 4) aren't true, and that Gimbo's innocent, so in all likelihood... skitzer is the last scum.
Vote: skitzer
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Gimbo »

Ok, skitzer is said by Corinthian to be innocent, so if anything contradicts we must look to Corinthian and not skitzer.

Look Gojira, we lynch you today, if you are scum, all the best, if you are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent and town will DEFINITELY kill Corinthian tomorrow. Either way town wins.

Therefore, why don't you (Gojira) do us a favor and sacrifice yourself for town if you are really town? You can do this by letting us lynch you.

If you don't allow us to lynch you, you are scum for sure and even more reasons to lynch you ;)

And yes, I'm Pheebz's mason-buddy, kinda obvious isn't it?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gojira
Gojira
Townie
Gojira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Gojira »

Gimbo wrote:Ok, skitzer is said by Corinthian to be innocent, so if anything contradicts we must look to Corinthian and not skitzer.
Probably. Unless Corinthian's results are unreliable.
Gimbo wrote:Look Gojira, we lynch you today, if you are scum, all the best, if you are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent and town will DEFINITELY kill Corinthian tomorrow. Either way town wins.
Or Corinthian's results are unreliable, either by his role or by interference. Or you're a scum mason. Or something else I haven't thought of. In any case, you're awfully bloodthirsty.
Gimbo wrote:Therefore, why don't you (Gojira) do us a favor and sacrifice yourself for town if you are really town? You can do this by letting us lynch you.

If you don't allow us to lynch you, you are scum for sure and even more reasons to lynch you ;)
I've got a better idea: to hell with that. I'm not interested in winning posthumously.

Gotta go work now, more when I get back, but I'll throw this idea out there now: might be a good time for a massclaim?
Gojira
Gojira
Townie
Gojira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Gojira »

Ack, my post got split up. This was meant to come first:

Geez, you're irritating, Gimbo. Don't get ahead of yourself, this ain't won yet.

Unvote
. Forgot about skitzer's having been investigated. Also missed posts #302 and #303 cause I was typing.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Gojira (1): Gimbo

Not voting (4): FlyingFoxBat **, skitzer, Corinthian, Gojira

3 votes to lynch
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Gimbo »

Gojira wrote:Or you're a scum mason. Or something else I haven't thought of. In any case, you're awfully bloodthirsty.

haahahahahha Gojira, callin me scum-mason when its obvious there's no such thing and Phoebus has already by revealed as a pro-town Mason..so ahhh....desperate much??
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Gimbo »

for god's sake, how come no one wants to win? lynch Gojira already!
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Gimbo »

Gojira wrote:Geez, you're irritating, Gimbo. Don't get ahead of yourself,
this ain't won yet

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....bitter and angry losing scum lol and yes it is OVER, not officially...but its over ;)
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:31 am

Post by skitzer »

Gimbo is right...
Vote: Gojira

BUT...If Gojira isn't right, we look at Gimbo.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Gimbo »

skitzer, I'm mason with Phoebus, wasn't that kinda obvious, N1 me and Phoebus were talking and he's like any townie with a brain would've figured out that we were masons, lol.

I'm 99% positive Gojira is scum and the rest 1% goes to Corinthian in case* we get a wtf result and Gojira turns out town.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Gimbo »

I must say Gojira, you played a great game, had we not discover you by process of elimination, you probably could've won this game.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Corinthian »

Look: If I'm a sane cop, then our two choices are Gimbo and Gojira. (Which makes it seem a little odd to me that Gojira is the one who said Gimbo must be the mason partner of Phoebus.)

FFB could be the mason, too, let's not forget. (I investigated him because he hadn't been active at all.)

I think Gimbo is more likely scum. In his first posts of the day, he says
I doubt Gojira being scum, and skitzer's case is only a bit stronger than Gojira but most likely not scum
Then after I post, saying FFB is confirmed innocent, he tries to cast doubt as to whether I'm really a cop, then says
I am not scum and if you are presumably not scum and neither is FFB, then it must be either skitzer or Gojira.
The two people he just said weren't scum are suddenly his two top suspects! Immediately following, he remembers that skitzer is one of my confirmed innocents, and goes for Gojira.
Look Gojira, we lynch you today, if you are scum, all the best, if you are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent and town will DEFINITELY kill Corinthian tomorrow. Either way town wins.
How many scum do you think we have left? We've been right with the lynch every single time so far- is it possible that there are two scum remaining? Do I need to explain how: if Gojira is town, that does not necessarily prove that two of Corinth, skitzer and FFB are scum? Do I need to point out that even if I were scum, that wouldn't mean I MUST have been lying about skitzer or FFB?

(I do also think it's a little strange that both Gimbo and Gojira "forgot" that skitzer is confirmed innocent and wanted to vote him. Although, I'm willing to believe that Gojira was reading Gimbo's skitzer vote and that confused him.)

Not to mention the way Gimbo jumped on Gojira's suggestion that he was Phoebus's mason buddy. Again, it is strange that Gojira would suggest that, given that if it were true, it would mean he was the only possible scum choice.

As to the "might there be no cop?" question, I ask you, what would be the point of giving Slaine Hayes the "godfather" role, if there were no cop to investigate him?

Vote: Gimbo
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Gojira (2): Gimbo, skitzer
Gimbo (1): Corinthian

Not voting (2): FlyingFoxBat **, Gojira

3 votes to lynch
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Gimbo »

Corinthian, please don't snap defeat from the jaws of victory, i've seen too many of that.....are u a democrat too? lol

i'm surprised someone would even vote for ME when it's obvious that i was mason with Phoebus, thats why he was insistent on me beign town on D1 when i was really close to being lynched. and by process of elimination Gojira must be scum...unless you Corinthian is the scum, only 2 choice of town ;)

i'm assuming here there's 1 scum left, wouldn't 4 scums be too many for a game like this?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Gimbo »

Corinthian, please don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, i've seen too many of that.....are u a democrat too? lol

i'm surprised someone would even vote for ME when it's obvious that i was mason with Phoebus, thats why he was insistent on me beign town on D1 when i was really close to being lynched. and by process of elimination Gojira must be scum...unless you Corinthian is the scum, only 2 choice of town ;)

i'm assuming here there's 1 scum left, wouldn't 4 scums be too many for a game like this?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:08 am

Post by skitzer »

Gimbo, you could be mason, but it's almost as likely that you may be lying in the hopes that FFB, who could be the real mason, isn't posting.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Corinthian »

If Gimbo's assuming there's one scum left, then
if you (Gojira) are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent
makes no sense.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Gimbo »

Jesus, you guys are well on your way of 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory', seriously, I thought it's crystal clear, Gojira today, IF something crazy happens and he flips town, Corinthian's dead tmr and town wins!

Corinthian: my post makes sense, IF Gojira is not scum (1% chance), then you must be scum, because I don't see why a pro-town role of any kind would need to lie about the alignment of other players.

EDIT: skitzer, I AM the Mason, not 'could be', how more obvious could this get?
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 am

Post by skitzer »

Notice how I am voting Gojira, Gimbo...

What proof do you have that you are the mason? Is it clearly stated in the thread? Because I don't see any.

Finally...Corinthian has two, possibly three, correct investigations. You also seem like you would kill someone else so that Corinthian would be under suspicion...
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Gimbo »

No, I'm saying that it's almost definite that Gojira is scum as I don't see why Corinthian would lie about one of skitzer/FFB, but since its always possible (and I say like 1% chance), so if anything goes wrong, we look to Corinthian next, doesn't that make perfect sense?

I'm confused as to why both Corinthian and you skitzer are hesitating.

Proof of me being mason, I can't proof because I can't just quote my PM, but look back to Phoebus's response to me being under pressure, even Gojira mentioned at one point he was point by why Phoebus was so insistent on me being town. Also note how Slaine wanted my dead as a D1 easy-lynch, I thought it couldn't have been clearer that 1) I'm def. pro-town and 2) there's def. something between me and Phoebus.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Corinthian »

Gojira being town in no way shape or form means Corinth must be the scum.

If we vote Gojira and he's town,
then we lynch Gimbo
the next day.

@Gojira: why did you say Gimbo must be the mason? Did you realize that makes you obvscum?

Where the hell is FFB? We need a replacement.

I'm not voting Gojira because Gimbo is making a nonsensical argument with invalid proof against a claimed cop.
corinth wrote: If Gimbo's assuming there's one scum left, then
gimbo wrote: Quote:

if you (Gojira) are NOT scum, then Corinthian MUST be lying about either skitzer or FFB being innocent
makes no sense.
gimbo's reply wrote: Corinthian: my post makes sense, IF Gojira is not scum (1% chance), then you must be scum, because I don't see why a pro-town role of any kind would need to lie about the alignment of other players.
Lets try this again. (Gimbo is either scum talking in circles, or a moron.)
If Corinthian is scum, and there's only one scum left, then Corinth WASN'T lying about skitzer or FFB being innocent.

Gimbo's case against Corinth is based on the point that pro-town wouldn't lie about alignments.
If Corinth is scum, Corinth never lied.

Gimbo's arguments make no sense. He's continually trying to make it seem like if Gojira is town, then Corinth is the next day's logical lynch, based on a case that makes no logical sense.

I say we lynch Gimbo, and if he turns out to be a stupid townie, then we lynch Gojira the next day.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”