Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

#822, which is only a white lie, so is arguably not a lie.
I remember 7 year old pops hearing a story in first grade about a bunny who stole lettuce from the garden but also additionally stole carrots from the garden and didn't volunteer the incriminating information in taking to her parents and so told a white lie.
I was very distraught that selectively not volunteering information could be considered a lie.

There's obviously a huge loss in value if Rakan and Ginngie are both town and you get spared as PR since you could confirm yourself town by other means, and the total amount of conftown would go higher if you got someone like Chemist1422 spared. I'm assuming that was an even bigger motivation than the motivations you revealed
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 94, popsofctown wrote:
Did you actually use that chart to read mastina?
The point of the chart seemed to be to always townread mastina.
Seems like a broke clock is correct twice a day thing.
The flowchart is an accurate judge for my play in any given game. It outlines my fundamental core playstyle differences as town versus as scum. scumastina has traits which she cannot mask; scumastina has traits which, while they CAN be from me as town, are signatures of her scumgame; scumastina has traits which she cannot fundamentally manage to fake from town mastina's playbook; town mastina has traits which, while they CAN be from scumastina, are signatures of her towngame.

The flowchart lays them all out.

In any given game, town-mastina will not show 100% of her town indicators on the flowchart; in any given game, scumastina will not show 100% of her scum indicators on the flowchart; in any given game, town-mastina may show some of her scum indicators; in any given game, scumastina will probably show some of her town indicators which she can easily fake.

But BY AND LARGE. Taking in the flowchart as a whole.

It remains true to every game I've played for years. Following the flowchart would give an accurate and correct read on me. Yet to this date. It has only once been followed to actual success, when scumastina was caught red handed by someone who actually read it and was like, "hey mastina...your play this game looks an awful lot like what the flowchart says is your scumplay"--because sure enough, I was scum that game. :P (Still won it, but it took...a rather considerable amount of work, including nightkilling said person.)

The flowchart has never produced an incorrect townread on me, where people using the flowchart townread scumastina.
The flowchart has never produced an incorrect scumread on me, where people using the flowchart scumread me when I was town.
The flowchart has been a reliable tool for catching scumastina, and a reliable tool for pegging me as town, for years.

And I am very public and vocal about it. Telling people, "just use the flowchart", every game. Because it works.
And yet.
Almost nobody does.
The few who do find great success.
But most discard it on the basis of lolselfmeta.

Their discarding of it is their own loss tho because I mean...the flowchart works, it gives you my alignment, so if you're not using it because of your bias against lolselfmeta...your loss, mate, you're throwing a game you could've won by just following it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 100, popsofctown wrote:
I remember 7 year old pops hearing a story in first grade about a bunny who stole lettuce from the garden but also additionally stole carrots from the garden and didn't volunteer the incriminating information in taking to her parents and so told a white lie.
I was very distraught that selectively not volunteering information could be considered a lie.

There's obviously a huge loss in value if Rakan and Ginngie are both town and you get spared as PR since you could confirm yourself town by other means, and the total amount of conftown would go higher if you got someone like Chemist1422 spared. I'm assuming that was an even bigger motivation than the motivations you revealed
I mean.
I basically was giving away every step of the way that I was the cop. :P
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 94, popsofctown wrote:
Did you actually use that chart to read mastina?
The point of the chart seemed to be to always townread mastina.
Seems like a broke clock is correct twice a day thing.
i mean it’s a pretty fair chart and can say after many games and hydra, it’s not exaggerated or biased.

Its a tool, not a solution would be a great way to look at it
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by chennisden »

I mean... you were obvious town, sooo
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by chennisden »

Idk if you really need a flowchart to tell you that this game
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 100, popsofctown wrote:

Just read 101

Amazed you had to kill someone who scumread you

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 104, chennisden wrote:I mean... you were obvious town, sooo
Hindsight is so accurate

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by chennisden »

Yeah hindsight is hindsight
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by chennisden »

Wow... so like I was right on every slot minus Nymph and I wasn't actively scumreading Xayah but I certainly wasn't townreading her

I love how I only push my bad reads

Sigh
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Ginngie »

To be fair your ISO had a fair bit of elements spotlighting and grilled Xayah defending Elements at some point so you did good.

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by chennisden »

Yeah i dont think we lose unless elements is somehow town... and I really doubt it.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Post by Ginngie »

It’s a slam dunk case if you can read

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 89, Ginngie wrote:5 bucks chemist votes Oversoul because MS loves to throw
However, this doesn’t go away until the fat lady sings, she just humming rn

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm rooting for scum but I'm a little pessimistic/concerned for Xayah :(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Something_Smart now has access to this PT as a spectator
Because I'm super impatient and want to here more hate/love for my neutral route idea.
And I don't think I can quite shop changes publically during ongoing Undertale Semi-Opens
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Hello yes I exist

Your idea is cool and definitely has potential, I will have to thonk about it a bit more. I don't really see how it benefits scum to get scum spared, though, and it also may have timing issues where two spared players will both hold out to see who the other shoots so they can shoot back if shot. Not sure what you intended the timing to be on that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yes I am not positive how I want the 2 spared players game to work. I thought about different things like them each choosing secretly or picking in order of spared PT seniority. I like having the shots be guaranteed to be different. Currently the 2 spared players route has the lowest EV of all neutral routes (a bug/feature of the original setup as well), so that made me more willing to put off figuring out what to do on that. It's possible a completely different outcome just for exactly two spares is the best thing to do.

Do you mean you don't think it benefits scum to get scum spared in the new neutral route, or in the old one? The benefit to sparing scum is admittedly somewhat subtle in Double Barrel. Scum just controls 2, 1, or <democratic influence on 2> nightkills. But also, mafia cannot be targeted by the nightkills, so even if there's a one out of three scum who doesn't successfully influence the NK decision that scum has the benefit of surviving at least to day 5, where they can push for a mislynch on another spared PT player, whereas if no scum are spared it's possible for scum to lose before a single spared PT post can be quoted and used to push a mislynch.

I think Double Barrel rewards sparing scum more than original Undertale Semi-Open but would quickly say that what I have put down in Undertale Smalltown more dramatically and excitingly rewards the scum for sparing scum compared to either setup. There might be something even better than Double Barrel that doesn't have the complexity cost of Undertale Smalltown, but I haven't thought of it yet.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 954, Elements wrote:Every game I've played and where I've been set up for a mislynch it has been hard backed by the scum team because of a night kill them made specifically to incriminate me.
Whoa there, now, I waxed you under a day 1 mislynch without nightkilling anybody first, just a month or two ago, I've only played one good scumgame all year but damn if I want anyone to forget it.
"Well, I..."
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 963, Chemist1422 wrote:Honestly the thing that’s giving me the most pause is that Over seems to know exactly what to say
lol mastina gonna do a rant about paranoia in endgames

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why would anyone ever accuse Oversoul of having a plan?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I wish it was mastina in LyLo in the sense that I think she would lean heavily one direction but take a long time making sure and then I could write the game outcome flavor in advance.
I have no idea whether Chemist1422 is gonna throw or not.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ok how about this:

Dating Game:
If exactly two players were spared, the game enters Dating Game. The players in the spared PT try to date. If either player is scum, the date is a failure. The spared players are returned to the game, then the mafia performs strong kills until there is one more town player than mafia. The mafia grants either the (previously) spared players or the (previously) unspared players one day phase of lynch proof.

If both players are town, the date is a success! The spared PT players become lovers and one shot bodyguards. A mafia goon becomes lovers with the player of his choice, choosing mafia if able. The remaining two players also become lovers. There is no night four. The town fights a lover pair, and then the lover relationships end.

In both cases, the town win condition becomes "kill all the mafia", and the mafia must prevent that.
"Well, I..."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 121, popsofctown wrote:
I wish it was mastina in LyLo in the sense that I think she would lean heavily one direction but take a long time making sure and then I could write the game outcome flavor in advance.
I have no idea whether Chemist1422 is gonna throw or not.
Oh heavens no. I might've thrown out a troll vote, using vote tags, on Oversoul as a joke, but within a day or two, I'd have cast the real hurt vote on Elements. I've never seen someone be more obviously scum than Elements is here in this lylo.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think "a day or two" is a lot longer than the time that's going to elapse between Chemist1422 deciding which slot is scummier and hammering
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Game Topics”