Newbie 617 (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:35 am

Post by caf19 »

Just a heads up; I won't be able to post for a couple of days (next one on Sunday evening). My stance for the time being is fairly clear: I'd prefer a Bazza lynch, but if the majority of the town goes for armlx then proceed with his claim.

Votecount:

Armlx [4] (Mr. Flay, Qman, Bazza, Clammy)
Bazza [4] (Armlx, Darox, caf19, Darla)

Not Voting [1] (Brandi)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:04 am

Post by armlx »

Just waiting on Brandi then....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Bazza-Scumfinder »

armlx wrote:Just waiting on Brandi then....
Indeed.
I find scum!
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Brandi »

So its up to me then, yes? I would think that it would be best for ARMLX to claim. However I doubt his claim will sway my certainty of his scumminess. I do not have my notes with me at the moment.... I've spent hours side-noting and highlighting things and now I feel as though its all going to go to waste because I seriously do not have the time to back track at get to my points without the plethora of notes that I Have back at my aunts house. I'm at a friend of my aunts house in Florida atm, about to leave, the only internet connection Il have access to (DIAL UP) and I probably wont have it again until maybe 3 days from now before I take off for Texas to go live with my dad. Ill be on here for a few more minutes. I'm pondering on whether or not I should wait a few days or hammer now.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Brandi »

Well it looks like I have to go now. =/ Sorry if seeing my name on the latest posted gave you false hopes, but I just don't feel right voting yet without getting what I need to say out... Happy 4th to you all folks~
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by armlx »

So I'm the doctor.... and I'm actually just dead tonight now.

Bazza is pretty obv scum. I'd go for one of the people who defended him strongest as his partner.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by clammy »

See my signature, after tonight i will have no access (as in zero).

Clearly it's a waste to hammer armlx tonight (
unvote
).

vote: darox
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:32 am

it's no surprise Armlx claimed a power-role, infact it was predicted.
I find scum!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote, vote: Bazza-Scumfinder
Retired as of October 2014.
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:53 am

Mr. Flay wrote:
Unvote, vote: Bazza-Scumfinder

That's just silly, you have stated that you think i am townie, yet you are comfortable voting for me. I thought you said you'd stick with Armlx regardless of his claim, he is obviously lying. I thought you being an experienced player would realise this.

If you think i'm a townie then why are you voting for me? wouldn't it be better to stick with Armlx (which i thought Psuedo vote meant) or move to someone like Darox who is another Obv scum.
I find scum!
Bazza-Scumfinder
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Bazza-Scumfinder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:55 am

Oh wait, i'm dead???

Yeah, needless to say you guys were fooled by Armlx and Darox.
I find scum!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Final Day One Votecount:

Bazza [5] (Armlx, Darox, caf19, Darla, Mr. Flay)

Armlx [2] (Qman, Bazza)

Not Voting [1] (Brandi, Clammy)

Bazza-scumfinder, townie, lynched day 1. Night 1, please get your choices in by 9pm EST Monday.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Armlx, doctor, killed night one.

It is now day two. With seven alive, it will take four votes to lynch.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:50 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

well crap.

Doc loss night 1 is not good.

This may be totally screwed up of me, but the length on N1 makes me suspect Brandi who can't get on very much, It also heavily implicates (wifom) those on armlx's wagon and case yesterday/

Looking into Bazza/Brandi for now post more later
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Qman »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:well crap.

Doc loss night 1 is not good.

This may be totally screwed up of me, but the length on N1 makes me suspect Brandi who can't get on very much, It also heavily implicates (wifom) those on armlx's wagon and case yesterday/

Looking into Bazza/Brandi for now post more later
1.) Doc loss, totally expected given Armix' claim.

2.) It is screwed up to suspect people based on night length, a good mod will wait a set amount of time no matter what to post the night scene. For all we know the mafia could have sent in a kill the same day (real time) Baza was lynched.

3.) Frankly, thats shoddy wifom as the two people who were on the chopping block were both town. Armix was on the chopping block for a boneheaded comment about mike zim (read: you). He deserved that pressure for what he said at the very least.

I on the other hand have you on the top of my list. Mike came off to me as waffling scum, being non committal trying to float in the middle of the river. Your ... interesting.. comment on the doc death ain't helpin you either.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Qman »

An addition to 2.) from above, 3 days for a night/day cycle is pretty standard.. and that's what we had.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Brandi »

Darla, the deadline for a kill was 9PM EST, and I wasn't even home from Florida till midnight. Even if I WERE Mafia, someone else would have had to send in the kill, not me, because I wasn't present. In fact, nights are generally extended to prevent any sort of assumptions like that right there Darla. If you see someone browsing the sight the moment a game gets re-opened for the next day, then someone could easily assume that that person browsing the sight was the person who sent in a kill. I'm actually pretty surprised armlx was killed. When I was reading through, I pretty much assumed the doc claim had to be fake, as in, armlx was just trying to avoid being lynched and someone else would turn up dead the next morning.

However, Mr.Flay. You were very quick to hammer Bazza weren't you? You didn't even wait for a reaction from the majority to his claim. That seems pretty scummy to me.
FOS:Mr.Flay

Just because you are a very experienced and loved player doesn't mean I don't think for a second that you might not be scum! You've been pretty pro-townie appearing up until now. I don't understand why you would do something like that. =/

Also, Darla, what do you mean looking into Bazza? He's
dead
and DIDN'T turn up scum.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Brandi »

Oh Qman beat me to it.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Qman »

Brandi wrote:Darla, the deadline for a kill was 9PM EST, and I wasn't even home from Florida till midnight. Even if I WERE Mafia, someone else would have had to send in the kill, not me, because I wasn't present. In fact, nights are generally extended to prevent any sort of assumptions like that right there Darla. If you see someone browsing the sight the moment a game gets re-opened for the next day, then someone could easily assume that that person browsing the sight was the person who sent in a kill. I'm actually pretty surprised armlx was killed. When I was reading through, I pretty much assumed the doc claim had to be fake, as in, armlx was just trying to avoid being lynched and someone else would turn up dead the next morning.

However, Mr.Flay. You were very quick to hammer Bazza weren't you? You didn't even wait for a reaction from the majority to his claim. That seems pretty scummy to me.
FOS:Mr.Flay

Just because you are a very experienced and loved player doesn't mean I don't think for a second that you might not be scum! You've been pretty pro-townie appearing up until now. I don't understand why you would do something like that. =/

Also, Darla, what do you mean looking into Bazza? He's
dead
and DIDN'T turn up scum.
I really expected Armix to still be alive today, doc or not. He'd look REALLY bad if he didn't die. there's a bit of wifom there, but whatever.

I wasn't able to post during twilight, but I would have hammered bazza if Flay hadn't. Take that for what it is worth. I *really* wish the forums were set up for mobile posting, most of my reading is done on my Q9M.

A bit MORE wifom, I don't think Flay hammering was that bad, we had two viable options for a lynch and one claimed doc... but that could be colored by the fact that I would have hammered too.

I suspect Darla meant trying to look into the push against Bazza.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am

Post by caf19 »

Morning all.

Well, we aren't in a great position today. Bazza was town, and the armlx kill doesn't tell us much as it was (in my opinion) fairly obvious it was going to happen after he claimed. It also means everyone was definitely on a townie's wagon yesterday. And Bazza and armlx's biggest suspects were... each other. :? Just goes to show how townies shouldn't act suspiciously heh.

I think the leads we have today come from whoever jumped on a townie's wagon for the most easy and/or weak reasons. Darla is my top suspect; she pushed the Bazza wagon without really adding much of her own analysis of him to any reasonable depth.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:well after a re-read..My gut and the signs tell me Bazza/Brandi may be our scum pair.

Bazza seems to be reacting somewhat hostily to the bandwagon and points against them, and I just don't like their play throughout.

I believe Bazza is at a L-1 no? I am willing to hammer after I re-read a few posts, because theres no more obvious choice. And theres not much more we can determine until the flip and results on D2.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I am fine with waiting on the replacement. I see no reason to rush it, really obviously we all agree in a large enough majority that a lynch is inevitable.
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I still find Bazza to be pretty scummy, and panicked acting, Is he still at a L-1?
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Slightly to Most Seeming Scummy
Bazza
Calf
Brandi (being the least so far but she hasn't been too active either)
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I have to go right now, but vote bazza

I will explain why later although it shouldn't be too hard to gather why.
That's Darla's entire suspicion of Bazza yesterday. While there were obviously legitimate reasons to suspect him, it strikes me that she doesn't quote but sticks to wide generalisations of his play. She's also not happy to simply be on his wagon but seeks to secure a lynch, making repeated references to him being hammered or at L-1.

Also, her initial suspicions today:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:This may be totally screwed up of me, but the length on N1 makes me suspect Brandi who can't get on very much, It also heavily implicates (wifom) those on armlx's wagon and case yesterday
Suspecting someone based on such a flimsy meta reason as night length is pretty bad. Fabricating a case?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

dude I knew saying that was a bad idea xD

I wasn't actually going to use that to lynch her, but i've had that reason used in several games i've been in and thought I'd throw it in there.

To be honest I am not entirely surprised by the attack, seems the first person to post on the day is typically drawing the most heat.

Not much I can say right now, Bazza played poorly and obviously I wasn't the only one on his wagon.
Show
you done goofed.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Looking into Bazza/Brandi for now post more later
What does this even mean? Bazza is town, what are you looking for?

I'm sure my hammer on Bazza looks weird, but the LAST thing we needed was to lose the claimed Doctor to a quicklynch. This way there was at least a WIFOM-chance that he could protect someone last night (if scum went for someone else, framing armlx for today as a living claimed Doctor).

Obviously it didn't go that way, and I'm happy to answer any questions about what I did. But after armlx's claim, ridding ourselves of the confusion of Bazza's distractionary tactics was the second best option IMO.

Right now I'm leaning toward Darla/Brandi, but I need a reread. Today and tomorrow are insane though...
Retired as of October 2014.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Brandi »

Alright Qman and FLay. I suppose there are valid reasonings for it. *sigh* But its hard to get much information at all out of their deaths because like Caf already said, the people they suspected the MOST were each other and both of their suspicions were incorrect. I was pretty sure that Bazza would turn up town, like Mister Flay said... he was 'too scummy' to be scum. Which I totally agreed on. He seemed to suspect pretty much EVERYONE at least once.
Caf19 wrote:Just goes to show how townies shouldn't act suspiciously heh
I'm not sure if some people can help it Caf. I know that I took 80% of the things armlx said in this game really negatively. Perhaps it was more so his attitude that put me off rather than whether or not the things he said were actually scummy. I still can't believe he's not scum though. Especially after that bit with Mike/Darla. Perhaps his early 'suspicions' of Mike/Darla are as wrong as his suspicions towards Bazza.
Darla wrote:dude I knew saying that was a bad idea xD
If you knew it was a bad idea, and an invalid reason for suspicion, then why on earth would you do such at all? Obviously if you've seen that 'tactic' used before you've seen how people responded to it, correct? Perhaps in a lot of newbie games others might take it as a legitimate means of suspicion, but I don't believe any of the really advanced players would take it into consideration. It seems like Caf may be correct.. you could be just 'fabricating a case.'
Darla wrote:Not much I can say right now, Bazza played poorly and obviously I wasn't the only one on his wagon.
But you were the only one who didn't really give any serious analysis or reasonings towards your suspicions on him. Other than he was 'acting panicked and hostile.' Which actually isn't always scummy. Sometimes townies can be 'panicked and hostile' and I wouldn't see why those reasons alone would be enough for someone to want to lynch someone. Obviously there were other reasons out there, but none that you pointed out specifically.

Anyways.. Off topic. I'm getting on a plane for the first time today... I'm kind of scared but it's only a 2-3 hour flight. Nothing bad can happen... I hope. Any chance I get for internet I'll be sure to use it on you guys. ;) <3
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

about the bazza thing, Sorry about that, Qman was correct in post 593.

I meant I intended to look into the push for Bazza's lynch.

A majority of the town seemed to be on Bazza's case yesterday, and rightfully so as he played poorly.

Its not entirely fun replacing into a game mid-day and having to get a feel for everyone (reading really doesn't help me a lot) I saw most of the suspicion was on Bazza, looked back over the case and agreed.

Thus I voted for him.
Show
you done goofed.

Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm