Micro 909: 09:12 (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I did try and do that if you read my post. From my experiences with forum mafia, I saw things that could come from either alignment, so I commented on that. Me lying and saying I saw something that only comes from town or only comes from scum in a situation where, to me, It's a grey area that didn't personally tell me anything, would be detrimental to the game.

You're misrepping right now imo.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 341, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 334, Menalque wrote:Also there’s like an outlier chance of one or two other partners so I need to see how they play around uncrowned being caught already
This is laughable. I'm not getting lynched today. You're hurting your own reads by looking for something that isn't there.

Unless you're scum and you don't need to worry about having
good
reads.
It’s also kind of a worrying sign generally that you would try to shade my read strength when you’re fairly inexperienced and you just played with me in a game where I caught scum D1
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Menalque »

Where am I misrepping you?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Mena, my post 344 explains why I think your reasoning is weak. I have no reason to repeat it just a few posts down.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Menalque »

I’m assuming you mean

In which case you haven’t because pushing meme-y non-commitsl content is one of te number 1 things that scum do
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Menalque »

Because it allows scum to push on things that aren’t pro-town as if they’re actually scum!indicstive, which a lot of the time they’re not
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Menalque »

The problem is that you’re looking for things you think you can push rather than looking for actual scum
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 351, Menalque wrote:
In post 341, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 334, Menalque wrote:Also there’s like an outlier chance of one or two other partners so I need to see how they play around uncrowned being caught already
This is laughable. I'm not getting lynched today. You're hurting your own reads by looking for something that isn't there.

Unless you're scum and you don't need to worry about having
good
reads.
It’s also kind of a worrying sign generally that you would try to shade my read strength when you’re fairly inexperienced and you just played with me in a game where I caught scum D1
Why would I not call your read bad when I'm town and you're saying I'm scum?
In post 352, Menalque wrote:Where am I misrepping you?
You're saying I had no input at all on the Ico/HH interaction, when I clearly said in my post regarding it that they both demonstrated things that
in my experience
don't seem to be overly AI. I think it's ridiculous that you're expecting me to come up with a thoughtful, hard analysis on something where I legitimately just don't see anything worth pressing at the moment.

If I dug REALLY deep into my thoughts, I could say that Ico came off as a slight +town in the interaction, since it seemed like he was scumhunting. But I'm not confident in that. Scum could do that just as easily as town could do that. By giving out reads that I don't even really believe in, I'm hurting towns chances of winning this game. That's how I view it.

You arguing that I'm doing it out of scumminess is a big misrep imo when I believe it's just a natural part of my play style
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Oh yes I meant 339
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

The point is not you saying my read is bad

My point is you framing it as “you don’t need to have good reads bc you’re scum”
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And you do realize that I didn't push your meme content at all really, right? I was anxious about it, yes. But I pushed Emps for an entirely different reason, which I've already explained.

It's frustrating that you're ignoring that. Feeling a lot of conf!bias right now. You think you've seen something when you haven't at all.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I said if you're scum, not that you are scum.

If you're town, I was telling you your read was bad and that you need to reevaluate it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 203, Uncrowned wrote:This Ico/HH interaction, bleh. I don't really care for it.

Ico had a pretty shallow reason for TLing me and SLing HH - nothing out of the ordinary. Early game stuff.

HH's reaction was a bit much for my liking, but I doubt it's AI. Too much of a gamble to call it one way or the other yet for me.

I've had a decent run recently of picking out scummy openers (2 for 2 in my last 2 games), albeit from the exact same person. I'm gonna be confident in this one.

Emps, buddy. Come out and play.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 347, Menalque wrote:You’re also making a p classic scum mistake, which is trying to discredit me in generalities rsther than focusing on the specifics of what I’m saying

For instance: “is the reasoning bad? Yeah, it’s pretty weak”

Only you don’t say why, you just leave that there

Also by trying to shift the focus away from yourself to literally anywhere else — you manage to talk about me, aaron, emps, AF, and HH in those couple of posts while largely trying to shrug off the SR on you
I don't particular care if you have a SR on me, to be honest. Like I said, I'm not getting lynched.

You're either Scum reaching deep to try and stir up some bullshit, or you're town with a bad read.

I'm not shrugging it off, if you're the latter (town with bad read) I'm going to discuss it with you right now and get it sorted. If you're scum, you'll keep pushing the BS narrative and I won't have to bother with you anymore.

You're showing a lot of double standards right now. You called it scummy when I "didn't take a hard stance" on Ico/HH, but now that I'm taking stances on other slots in the game, you're treating it as though I'm brushing you off, when I'm clearly responding.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 362, Menalque wrote:
In post 203, Uncrowned wrote:This Ico/HH interaction, bleh. I don't really care for it.

Ico had a pretty shallow reason for TLing me and SLing HH - nothing out of the ordinary. Early game stuff.

HH's reaction was a bit much for my liking, but I doubt it's AI. Too much of a gamble to call it one way or the other yet for me.

I've had a decent run recently of picking out scummy openers (2 for 2 in my last 2 games), albeit from the exact same person. I'm gonna be confident in this one.

Emps, buddy. Come out and play.
Sure, let's dissect this.

Ico, in my opinion, did have weak reasoning all around. Me pushing unhelpful, somewhat anti-town content is at best, a slight positive. His comments about HH's similar comments about Emps being "not as genuine" or whatever, was a feels based thing. So yeah, to me, it's all pretty shallow. Hard to make something out of.

HH overreacted, if you ask me. You know who I've seen overreact to things like that? Scum. You know who I've also seen overreact to things like that? Town. Picking one side or the other in this situation isn't a good idea, imo.

And that is the only time I explained my voting of Emps. Like I said, you did a similar thing, but there's a reason I differentiated between the two of you. Keep ignoring it, if you like.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Menalque »

My point is that you actively avoid taking a side in this, but you also don’t call either of them town

This is very fence-sitty and I think it’s more in a scum way than a town way

Why?

You’re calling the interaction bad, and making comments that are negative about both people involved (“bleh, I don’t really care for it”; “pretty shallow reason”; “reaction was a bit much for my liking”)

I think this let’s you avoid drawing ire from either of the two involved, but also allows you to pivot into a SR later on if you like, with a set up to show your trajectory

Then instead of trying to get anything more out of the interaction or to develop your read on either of them, you redirected towards emps again

Why? What was more interesting to you about getting something from emps than from trying to clarify your read on two players who were active who you didn’t feel strongly about?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And that isn't the only time I explained my voting of Emps*
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And that isn't the only time I explained my voting of Emps*
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 365, Menalque wrote:My point is that you actively avoid taking a side in this, but you also don’t call either of them town

This is very fence-sitty and I think it’s more in a scum way than a town way

Why?

You’re calling the interaction bad, and making comments that are negative about both people involved (“bleh, I don’t really care for it”; “pretty shallow reason”; “reaction was a bit much for my liking”)

I think this let’s you avoid drawing ire from either of the two involved, but also allows you to pivot into a SR later on if you like, with a set up to show your trajectory

Then instead of trying to get anything more out of the interaction or to develop your read on either of them, you redirected towards emps again

Why? What was more interesting to you about getting something from emps than from trying to clarify your read on two players who were active who you didn’t feel strongly about?
The interaction, from what I had seen, was mostly over. The time to analyze it from the rest of the players had come. That was my take on it. If you don't like it, that's fine. But I legitimately just didn't see much from it. Like I just said above, at best it's a slight +town for Ico, and it left me still hard null on HH.

Of course I'm going to redirect from Emps. He had 1 post at the time and had done nothing to ease my concerns about his scummy opener, which, like I said, I want to be confident in, since I've picked some scummy openers out before.

I haven't played in larger games yet, so I don't know how well this would work there, but with these 9 player games I've been operating on a one slot at a time basis. It's how I do things. I'll react in real time interactions with other slots, sure. But I mostly like to keep my work to one slot at a time. I think it helps me attain the best possible reads. Adding two other slots into that mix would make it three at a time, and I could honestly just see myself getting extremely confused.

The only time I do all slots is when I do my full recap of the game and make a proper reads list, which I like to do closer to the end of the day or when a lynch seems to be drawing near.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

there is a cat behind my head and it’s too cute to move but I’m allergic to cats

anyway mena what makes me a lower townread than aldus and HH?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Menalque »

I am just gut townreading you chem and you being charming and funny is something I know you can do as scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Menalque »

You know what would start making me feel real good about your slot chem?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 371, Menalque wrote:You know what would start making me feel real good about your slot chem?
is it a lead rist

because in that case I’ll have to jump back dimensions first
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

Nah I don’t need that yet

Wanna vote uncrowned tho?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 373, Menalque wrote:Nah I don’t need that yet

Wanna vote uncrowned tho?
...not really.
GTKAS

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”