Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 473, popsofctown wrote:Oka's case seems like the last one is expect him to give the Socratic treatment
How do you figure?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 473, popsofctown wrote:I'm on my phone so I can't quotewall what I want to quotewall

I disagree about never referencing teammates because teammates can have good reads, but if you pretend the reads are your own your read progression will look misfittingly scummy. I think people should talk about their own reads and teammates' reads and say which is which.

Okay still seems easiest to sort.

PR jokes are stressing me out scumteams are good enough to read those.

S_S feels off to me. He seems like he's mimicking his town meta instead of playing his town met because Oka's case seems like the last one is expect him to give the Socratic treatment
If he starts talking about his playstyle a lot, I’ll get worried.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:43 pm

In post 471, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I should probably try to link Coalition for you. Krazy acted super scummy in that but was town, so for him - actually being scummy is lurking and coasting. If he’s pushing anything no matter how bad, it’s usually more likely to be town indicative. So I still think he’s town.
I don't trust myself to form good meta reads based off of games I wasn't in, but that seems pretty consistent with his scum play in Alisae v Pine, as well.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:44 pm

In post 476, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If he starts talking about his playstyle a lot, I’ll get worried.
But it's my playstyle to talk about my... wait a minute. :P
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 472, OkaPoka wrote:krazy literally a paragon nom
Mastina is biased, so you really can’t put too much stock in that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oka's pretty obvtown and even if you haven't gotten there yourself I think you seem collectivist enough to think the others of us who have said so.might be right. There's plenty of genuinely flawed reasoning having passed as gameplay around the same time. Like, why does an "experiment ing" push on ND make sense before she had any associations and when that's not a great way to sort Nancy in general.
That's just an example, not actually your specialty
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 479, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
maybe krazy isn't the greatest town player ever to live but i think getting nominated for paragon indicates a level of competency as a town player
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Krazy tried to coast Day 1 in the large normal I played with him and Magical Girls
He did elementally scummy things in AvP we shouldn't have ignored and thats probably a more reliable way to read him than activity, which is probably erratic from Schrodinger's sitequit also.

His okapoka omgus is legitimately unproductive and scummy, that's good reasoning
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 477, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 471, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I should probably try to link Coalition for you. Krazy acted super scummy in that but was town, so for him - actually being scummy is lurking and coasting. If he’s pushing anything no matter how bad, it’s usually more likely to be town indicative. So I still think he’s town.
I don't trust myself to form good meta reads based off of games I wasn't in, but that seems pretty consistent with his scum play in Alisae v Pine, as well.
He’s got that sense of conviction in his reads which I didn’t see in PFUPS or GD. He also seems genuinely pissed to me and he basically just gave up fighting against our lynch in PFUPS. Agressive Krazy more often than not = town!Krazy.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 480, popsofctown wrote:Oka's pretty obvtown and even if you haven't gotten there yourself I think you seem collectivist enough to think the others of us who have said so.might be right. There's plenty of genuinely flawed reasoning having passed as gameplay around the same time. Like, why does an "experiment ing" push on ND make sense before she had any associations and when that's not a great way to sort Nancy in general.
That's just an example, not actually your specialty
+1

Now you know why I want to strangle Titus [in game] for that because she ought to know a lot better and I really don’t gaf whether she’s drunk or not.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 481, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 479, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
maybe krazy isn't the greatest town player ever to live but i think getting nominated for paragon indicates a level of competency as a town player
Krazy will probably kill me for this but I really don’t understand that nom. But it’s from freaking Mastina ffs, so you have to take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, I know his scumplay and his townplay and I stand by it being the latter.

When I rolled scum with Krazy, he told me he would hide a lot, so being active for him is a strong towntell.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79751&user_select%5B%5D=32341

Coalition. Both of Krazy and me were town in that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 486, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79751&user_select%5B%5D=32341

Subject: Micro 873 - Game Over
Weiss Schnee wrote:HEAL: Raya36,
PvtUrist, Skygazer,
implosion, Weiss Schnee

I don't trust Nancy now either she's doing the thing where she seems to not get nuance
@Oka, the red underlined were the scumteam, so tell me again how Krazy having bad reads is scum indicative for him?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.04
Elsa Jay (4) -
NaCl, popsofctown, DrDoolittle, Amrun
Pine (2) -
Hectic, pisskop
Krazy (2) -
OkaPoka, Titus
DrDolittle (1) -
bob3141
Hectic (1) -
Pine
Titus (1) -
Elsa Jay
OkaPoka (1) -
Krazy
Nancy Drew 39 (1) -
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane (1) -
Nancy Drew 39

Not Voting (1) -
Something_Smart

With 15 players alive it takes 8 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-01-16 22:00:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 487, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 486, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79751&user_select%5B%5D=32341

Subject: Micro 873 - Game Over
Weiss Schnee wrote:HEAL: Raya36,
PvtUrist, Skygazer,
implosion, Weiss Schnee

I don't trust Nancy now either she's doing the thing where she seems to not get nuance
@Oka, the red underlined were the scumteam, so tell me again how Krazy having bad reads is scum indicative for him?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

ok i dont know how my written part got deleted

but

i dont know what your point is but one game of bad reads doesnt mean anything

and one game of good reads doesnt mean anything
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 447, OkaPoka wrote:because while he was asking elsa about frozen 2 there were things going on in the background that he could;ve entered into on his own accord

like he had to be brought into setup spec stuff, but like even if he isn't into that

there were other ongoing happenings in thread that he avoided
Yes, you were contributing to the pointless spammy setup spec and you were scummy for that too. Titus made a bad proposal, it was shot down, the correct strategy was identified quickly and then everyone decided to keep talking about it like it was interesting when it was not. Pine in particular argued there was a mech solution possible when that's laughable. It seemed insincere. But here's the thing. If people are going into bad setup spec, and you want to see how far they push it, then you sometimes need to just let the do their thing. What if they *do* try to say there's a solve? You don't get people to open up naturally by constantly breathing down their neck and whining.

Look at your development on me. You first complain that I'm not being "solvy" when the game is still in a pretty boring slot. Why do you focus on me? Because I asked Elsa about the meme that his entire persona is based around? Here's the thing Oka. That is to say that you don't think I'm solving the game in a way *you like* because I actually try to get a feel for people and how they're doing rather than spam posting whatever inane thought has popped into my head that particular second. Like you're usually annoying and you don't respond particularly well to my playstyle so I was kinda willing to give you some room to be wrong but you're being too incessantly wrong and too distracting for me to give you a pass here. I'm starting to feel this push is more agenda-driven, or you're just having a bad early game even for you, but frankly I know your scum game involves being distracting and annoying, and I know your towngame is mediocre so I'm more than happy to just remove your slot and get on with the game since there's little upside to keeping you alive.

I already have a pretty decent town pile. There are arguments for Titus, S_S, pops, Nancy, and piss for town. I am pretty sure I can solve Dr. Downey Jr. by day 2. Elsa if scum is unlikely to endgame in a setup this stacked for town. So strictly speaking, if town is going to lose, it's going to be against people who can organize a scum strategy well (Pine) or someone who can actively disrupt town cohesion (you). You give weak agreements with what I'm saying about scumreads but actively distract and disrupt from my solving, so since you don't seem to want to even let me push Pine without you deflecting pressure off him then it seems like you going first is the best thing that can happen to this town.
vote conspiracy
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

you've played with me before?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

and like

characterizing my posts as setup spam is really surface level

i used it as a vehicle to sort certain slots, and like it doesnt take much effort to see that

where as you ?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

You assume that engaging with people on their memes is "avoiding" but think saying pointless bullshit about setup is productive? Give me a break

And yes, when you were town I carried you because scum killed you before you could throw the game. Mini a while back. You're awful at reading me which is why I thought this could be typical you, but your scum game also involves being obnoxious so you've been pushing me toward that
vote conspiracy
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont remember this game
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

have you played w scum me?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

were you dva?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Auro is now tr Krazy. He said he liked your reaction to him sr you.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

krazy's alignment depends on whether he is nako or dva

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”