Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3039, bji wrote:So like I said I may kind of be confbiasing here. Slaxx is scum read by my town reads -> the lazy part of me will want to just scum read Slaxx to sheep my townpool -> I start being hyper critical of Wilky interactions -> I start being hyper critical of Bob.

Just full disclosure there. Also there is the fact that I have not given nearly this attention to other players.

I also feel like Wilky didn't look very good after close analysis, and I can give reasons (some of which I already gave above), but honestly Slaxx just feels quite town to me. Which then kind of makes me question, can Bob be scum if part of the reason I don't like him is because I started by looking for bad interactions with Slaxx slot?
Ignoring the lots of words before a moment this is a common hedge scum tend to do when voting a townie subconsciously.

He said that he may be confbiasing here. Yet bji did not reevaluate for two whole days? When he himself admitted he might be wrong? It was important enough for him not to vote Slaxx or Micc but he might be wrong. This IMPLIES he townread Micc and Slaxx more than bob.

This is something very commonly done by scum. The question becomes if bji is scum why did he not want Slaxx or Micc? And if bji is town why no re-evaluation or attempt at reads?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Micc »

Chemist was making a joke when he said duck’s alter ego. The whole playerlist is there even if you just ignore it.

Is there a specific reason you are voting bji over me with that solve?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by bji »

Look, I hate to use Real World Events as some kind of excuse, but, there is a lot going on right now and I don't have time at the moment for a detailed deep dive back into the game, which is what I intend to do. So please be patient. I will get there, but we do have 7 days for this.

My conception of how fake voting would go is, the rules are you always post your fake vote something like "
Evot: bji
", and afterwards be sure to include the current vote count so that it's easy for everyone to keep track of. And then when/if a plurality is reached on a wagon, then the players on that wagon are required to place their votes in the same order for real. The only exception being, the last vote is not allowed to be a quickhammer, i.e. within say 4 hours of the L-1 vote. If anyone votes in a 'quickhammer' fashion then that person is automatically the lynch for the day. If anyone refuses to vote their fake votes once a plurality is reached, that person is the automatic lynch for the day.

In this way we can use voting for discovery but don't have to worry about quickhammer. But everyone has to obey these rules or it doesn't work.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3651, Micc wrote:Chemist was making a joke when he said duck’s alter ego. The whole playerlist is there even if you just ignore it.

Is there a specific reason you are voting bji over me with that solve?
Yes there is. Since the VC indicates a planned bus is required as I know I am town, it is 100% certain from my POV and should be from yours if you’re town as well that there is scum in Ico, bji, and Menal with 100% certainty with bob’s flip and Looker’s nightkill.

This means looking back at the VCs and finding out which of those three have to be scum.

While I think your hammer is scum indicative and would support your wagon if a majority of my townreads agree, I know I should be aiming for scum where I know it has to be.

Out of bji, Ico, and Menal bji has the best odds of being scum especially when the thread was closed for two days and didn’t reevaluate his position that was wrong most of day three and day four.

This reads like he is trying to cost.

My initial thought of your vote on bji being a bus is probably likely given you hammered bob without intent while I was sorting.

My theory is I think you think you could spin Menal as scum by killing Looker and hoped I would push Ico.

We still need Ico’s results to see if my theory is still most likely.

But yeah I am fairly confident bji is scum here since I taught him how I view scum.

Pedit will respond time that in a minute.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3652, bji wrote:Look, I hate to use Real World Events as some kind of excuse, but, there is a lot going on right now and I don't have time at the moment for a detailed deep dive back into the game, which is what I intend to do. So please be patient. I will get there, but we do have 7 days for this.

My conception of how fake voting would go is, the rules are you always post your fake vote something like "
", and afterwards be sure to include the current vote count so that it's easy for everyone to keep track of. And then when/if a plurality is reached on a wagon, then the players on that wagon are required to place their votes in the same order for real. The only exception being, the last vote is not allowed to be a quickhammer, i.e. within say 4 hours of the L-1 vote. If anyone votes in a 'quickhammer' fashion then that person is automatically the lynch for the day. If anyone refuses to vote their fake votes once a plurality is reached, that person is the automatic lynch for the day.

In this way we can use voting for discovery but don't have to worry about quickhammer. But everyone has to obey these rules or it doesn't work.
I already said your process is flawed and why and suggested a better one.

Stop posting about syntax and post reads.

I am pretty sure if someone says “This is a fake vote for bji”

We can figure it out.

A precise syntax may get taken as a vote.

If you’re town which I doubt stop focusing on syntax and focus on reads.

I can handle running a tally of fake vote counts.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Your time is supposedly limited bji. If it is then figure out the gamestate. All of town have to agree.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by bji »

In post 3654, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3652, bji wrote:Look, I hate to use Real World Events as some kind of excuse, but, there is a lot going on right now and I don't have time at the moment for a detailed deep dive back into the game, which is what I intend to do. So please be patient. I will get there, but we do have 7 days for this.

The problem with your suggestion is that it's not how wagons normally work. So it will be very confusing/unnatural for people to reason based on it.

Whereas with what I propose, we're basically doing the same things we've always done, we're just taking away the quickhammer possibility.

But honestly, nobody is going to agree to do either so yeah, let's stop talking about it.

Yes, I am keeping current with the thread at the moment, please don't beat me up because I have time to read but not time to go back and read 140+ pages.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3656, bji wrote:
In post 3654, MathBlade wrote:

The problem with your suggestion is that it's not how wagons normally work. So it will be very confusing/unnatural for people to reason based on it.

Whereas with what I propose, we're basically doing the same things we've always done, we're just taking away the quickhammer possibility.

But honestly, nobody is going to agree to do either so yeah, let's stop talking about it.

Yes, I am keeping current with the thread at the moment, please don't beat me up because I have time to read but not time to go back and read 140+ pages.
Oh honey that’s where you’re wrong. As town I have lead several lylos like this offsite.

I don’t say you have to read 140+ pages. You just need to get reads. I didn’t say how. Then those reads get judged. VCA, iso, last days. Those are all valid. It’s a matter of you need to get an opinion somehow quickly. You had two days to do SOMETHING and it really reeks of you scum atm.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Fake voting is very much doable in the way I have suggested.

I am very confident in people being able to fake vote without a certain syntax or stigma until we get a fake hammer.

Then the hammer victim votes or scum claims. It’s a quite simple phenomenon explained in two sentences. It’s just usually only been rebelled against by scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by bji »

I intended to re-read the entire game. But a) I might be dead which would make it a large and complete waste of time, and b) I didn't want to start without knowing the NK because I wanted to read with all info otherwise it's not as useful an effort.

And why do I need to get an opinion quickly? It's the first day of a 7 day phase.

pedit: What you suggested is inferior to what I suggested in my opinion but this is such a dumb and counter productive argument that I am not going to engage in it any more.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3659, bji wrote:I intended to re-read the entire game. But a) I might be dead which would make it a large and complete waste of time, and b) I didn't want to start without knowing the NK because I wanted to read with all info otherwise it's not as useful an effort.

And why do I need to get an opinion quickly? It's the first day of a 7 day phase.

pedit: What you suggested is inferior to what I suggested in my opinion but this is such a dumb and counter productive argument that I am not going to engage in it any more.
A) You townread Ico why would you be killed?
B) Iioa is a scum tell. You could just as easily say “I wanna wait until lylo before I form reads” otherwise then it’s a waste.
C) You need to start forming an opinion now because that’s the entire ducking point if you’re town. You’re playing to win not active lurk.

You’re under suspicion right now. Are you just gonna sit and pray someone real votes a townie then hammer? That’s the vibe you’re giving off.

This reads like excuses and bad ones.

I have work in the am but I am sorely tempted to vote your butt.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Also even if you were killed it’s not a waste of time to improve one’s townreading skills. I just think you’re scum dodging this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by Iconeum »

hey look i'm alive

much fun
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by bji »

In post 3660, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3659, bji wrote:I intended to re-read the entire game. But a) I might be dead which would make it a large and complete waste of time, and b) I didn't want to start without knowing the NK because I wanted to read with all info otherwise it's not as useful an effort.

In post 3589, MathBlade wrote:The entire premise of “why would I x as scum” is flawed because I don’t know what scum know.
You must see the inconsistency here. Why are you trying to force me to do a thing that you say is flawed? You should know the answer would be meaningless according to what you said here, so are you actually trying to figure out my alignment or do you know it already?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3662, Iconeum wrote:hey look i'm alive

much fun
Hey look got results?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 3632, MathBlade wrote:Dat blocks Ico is still a possible world.
DATISI HAS CLAIMED TO NOT HAVE BLOCKED ME

THIS IS CONFIRMED IN THE GAME

ALL HER RESULTS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3663, bji wrote:
In post 3660, MathBlade wrote:

In post 3589, MathBlade wrote:The entire premise of “why would I x as scum” is flawed because I don’t know what scum know.
You must see the inconsistency here. Why are you trying to force me to do a thing that you say is flawed? You should know the answer would be meaningless according to what you said here, so are you actually trying to figure out my alignment or do you know it already?

I am not saying you have to get reads by saying X is scum.

What I am saying is that if you’re town your natural thought would be Ico dying so you would have read and then when Ico didn’t die then change your reads. It’s not a natural progression. I am saying that you don’t have a progression that makes sense.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3166, Datisi wrote:If red, bloccing Micc. If green, heaven and hell help us all.

Literally her last post before dying.

She could have blocked you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 3664, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3662, Iconeum wrote:hey look i'm alive

much fun
Hey look got results?
same type of a negative result i had prev day, on micc
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 3667, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3166, Datisi wrote:If red, bloccing Micc. If green, heaven and hell help us all.

Literally her last post before dying.

She could have blocked you.

oooh you mean that night

i'm talking about the nights of which she claimed obviously
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

i'm fairly sure she didn't, and that she hard townread me into the grave fyi
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Iconeum »

let's see

who am i willing to lose this game to
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Iconeum »

if i had to choose right now without thinking too hard about this

scumteam is micc + bji

ultimate town because of the D1 shenanigans
menal town because datisi told me
and i'm town
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Bob's most important point to me was that scum were guaranteed succing up to me

bji absolutely fits that bill

and i've not forgotten emps (sorry mic)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3673, Iconeum wrote:Bob's most important point to me was that scum were guaranteed succing up to me

bji absolutely fits that bill

and i've not forgotten emps (sorry mic)
That I think you hit the nail on the head.

Why did you follow Micc out of curiosity?

Wanna place a fake vote on bji?
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”