Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 273, springlullaby wrote:
In post 271, Hectic wrote:(1)If I flipped scum, then yeah, I would look at everyone defending me to see if their reasoning was genuine or not. Scum can buddy each other that hard for sure, and it's not particularly difficult here since a few others have put me as town too, so it's not like it's going against the consensus.

(2)What make their defence of me genuine?
(1) Who else do you perceive as defending you?
(2) What do you mean genuine?
1 - I can't remember all but some have put me as town like Raya and Pine. Mastina and Farkran defended my mech hiccup regarding missing the fact scum can kill and Train Cop simultaneously.
2 - You said Farkran/Mastina are unlikely to be scum with me. What makes their "buddying" real and not scum simply townreading a fellow scum which isn't that hard to do in this context?

I'm trying to understand your thought process behind ruling that out.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Hectic »

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:03 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 275, Hectic wrote:
In post 273, springlullaby wrote:
In post 271, Hectic wrote:(1)If I flipped scum, then yeah, I would look at everyone defending me to see if their reasoning was genuine or not. Scum can buddy each other that hard for sure, and it's not particularly difficult here since a few others have put me as town too, so it's not like it's going against the consensus.

(2)What make their defence of me genuine?
(1) Who else do you perceive as defending you?
(2) What do you mean genuine?
1 - I can't remember all but some have put me as town like Raya and Pine. Mastina and Farkran defended my mech hiccup regarding missing the fact scum can kill and Train Cop simultaneously.
2 - You said Farkran/Mastina are unlikely to be scum with me. What makes their "buddying" real and not scum simply townreading a fellow scum which isn't that hard to do in this context?

I'm trying to understand your thought process behind ruling that out.

1) Pine is the only one who expressed reading you as town prior to my vote on you. Raya did a read list only after Fark's case. Your statement is half true. Or half false.
2) Your premise in (1) is false. + Again I don't see scum buddying their buddy that hard.

I see some of your reasoning, it's not an outright scumslip, but it is deformed.

What you think of people "defending you"?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:04 am

Post by springlullaby »

Are you an alt?
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Lady Chloe »

I have my reasons to avoid Questing. I share this thought now since you lot will learn my action either way.

Unless 9+ or all players Quest, I strongly doubt I will quest.

I will speak no further on mechanics, unless I am proposed better strategies otherwise.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:18 am

Post by momo »

There should be no concerns about giving scum the power object once we are within a quest. My role is such that once we are within a quest, I can basically get myself confirmed as town through the mod posted leader vote counts. Everyone should join the quest.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:25 am

Post by springlullaby »

Agreed on quest.

@momo: why are you voting me again?
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Lady Chloe »

momo,

I see a disparity in springlullaby's attitude towards you and Hectic.

Spoiler: springlullaby posting
In post 40, springlullaby wrote:mmm, so is train cop a bonus skill? Do everyone receive a train cop option at night?

mod:
Do I understand correctly that training at night would nullify all other action beside "train cop"?

^If the above is true than train cop is the better option.
1. Have everybody train
2. Have everybody select a target to cop

= 100% no nk, if other mechanics are not at play

If else, strongman is also an ok option.
Neighbor is useless.

capture: momo
In post 41, springlullaby wrote:
In post 12, momo wrote:VOTE: Neighborizer

Train Cop is relatively useless as almost everyone is going to want to train their ability.

Honestly, I'm fine with scum retaining their strongman kill. The chances of the NK being protected by the doctor/equivalent role are low and if scum wants to spend an extra XP point on a strongman, that's on them. It would be a waste of XP for them to do so anyway, so we shouldn't waste our public mechanic on blocking it.

Neighborhoods will give us more information and help us get reads and in a came where we can't lynch yet, it's more important that we get town reads than scum reads, especially with the quest mechanic.
How do you know scum can use xp on strongman? I don't see any info anywhere about that.
In post 99, springlullaby wrote:Come back Pine.

Vote:Disable stongman

Ok, I have an idea with train cop.

Every night everybody pledge to train xp. Except 1 person who train cop check 1 person selected in advance.

@Ame,
neighborizer is stupid, change now or you are scum.
@Concord
same.

Momo still scum.

Yes to quest. Let me be leader.
In post 41, springlullaby wrote:
In post 12, momo wrote:VOTE: Neighborizer

Train Cop is relatively useless as almost everyone is going to want to train their ability.

Honestly, I'm fine with scum retaining their strongman kill. The chances of the NK being protected by the doctor/equivalent role are low and if scum wants to spend an extra XP point on a strongman, that's on them. It would be a waste of XP for them to do so anyway, so we shouldn't waste our public mechanic on blocking it.

Neighborhoods will give us more information and help us get reads and in a came where we can't lynch yet, it's more important that we get town reads than scum reads, especially with the quest mechanic.
How do you know scum can use xp on strongman? I don't see any info anywhere about that.
In post 96, Farkset wrote:
In post 2, Professor Moriarty wrote:It is public knowledge that the Mafia's factional kill costs 1 XP to carry out. The Mafia member making the kill may spend an additional 1 XP (for a total of 2) to make the kill a strongman kill, meaning it cannot be stopped by anything except for a commuter.
In post 168, springlullaby wrote:Ad hominem.

That's a great characteristic of.... OMGUS I THINK.

CAPTURE: HECTIC

-> Setup speculation that is wordy and wrong, then vote for bad ability.
-> Fluff and attempted buddying.
-> Afraid of "starting anything".

Yeah, I did my job for the day I think.
In post 201, springlullaby wrote:
In post 191, momo wrote:HURT: Springlullaby
Scummiest attempt to get townread I have seen in a while. I shouldn’t need to explain this vote and won’t because I’m about to sleep, but I’ll write up my thoughts tmmrw after I meta dive spring.

Should be noted that Hectic is taking a very distinct approach to this game...playing in a highly questioning manner. Haven’t played with him before, but I think his slot will prove to be readable by comparing the questioning tone with his recent games.

What that bit about Hectic exactly? Lot of words for nothing.
And unfortunately for you, you do have to explain your vote.

Are you pissed I found you and your buddy on my first two votes?

-She captures you, with little context but a poor Neighborizer choice.
-The context of her vote is given with the next post in this series; you implied a Strongman role.
-Farkset clarifies to her (and I) that Strongman is an ability listed by the mod in the first posts.
Invalidating her supposed reason to capture you.

-Still, she reasserts her scumread on you - with the context that it had been there since the first post - but captures Hectic.
For different reasons.

-Upon your reaction, she deems that both of you are potential buddies.

I want to know whether you believe springlullaby's push against you is different in nature to her push against Hectic, or not.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 278, springlullaby wrote:
Are you an alt?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's move on from this topic. I'd like to see you address this from Farkran:
In post 261, Farkset wrote:Mastina and Chloe are the other two slots that made significant mistakes in their interpretation of the setup. It rings weird that you do not have an opinion on them, but you have a strong one on hectic.
You suggested my minsunderstanding of the mechanics was reason for me being scum here:
In post 258, springlullaby wrote:So, you would you consider Hectic being wrong about mechanics.
Then asking stupid fluff questions as non indicative of alignment?
Or even indicative of town alignment?

Where did I blurt out nonsense?
Would you give Mastina/Chloe the same treatment, and why?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:29 am

Post by springlullaby »

^
Yes.

You say you misunderstood the mechanics.
I said you were wrong. Aka gearing the town toward bad choices for bad reasons.
Big difference.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 284, springlullaby wrote:^
Yes.

You say you misunderstood the mechanics.
I said you were wrong. Aka gearing the town toward bad choices for bad reasons.
Big difference.
So you believe Mastina/Lady Chloe/I were all intentionally leading the town down "bad" paths? Why am I scummier for it than the other two?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:57 am

Post by springlullaby »

... what?

Your neighborizer choice was poor as well as the reason you displayed in justifying it.

Mastina and Lady Chloe did not such thing.

Are you saying that Mastina and Chloe are town, scum?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:01 am

Post by springlullaby »

Did I really struck the gold?
I am so awesome.

Now, if only momo would answer to why he voted me.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:05 am

Post by springlullaby »

Actually, Hectic, what do you think of Mastina/Chloe?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Hectic »

They're both pretty close to null. But I like Lady Chloe better based on her recent posts and .

Side note: I'm pretty sure I know who you are, Lady Chloe :mrgreen:
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Hectic »

Whatever, springlullaby. I don't know if I can get more out of this interaction and I feel like it's going nowhere. Your overall attitude is indicative of town in my experience, but I just don't follow most of your reasoning and confidence in scum!me at all.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 290, Hectic wrote:Whatever, springlullaby. I don't know if I can get more out of this interaction and I feel like it's going nowhere. Your overall attitude is indicative of town in my experience, but I just don't follow most of your reasoning and confidence in scum!me at all.
Unfortunately this is true, and springlullaby has improved since we, uh, scolded her - for a lack of a better word.

That said, it was a similar attitude that got me townread until d4 in undertale, but trust me that there are very few players who would be able to pull that. It takes physical and psychological effort, lots of it.
In post 272, Not Known 15 wrote:HURT: springlullaby
Enough of this BS.
@NK15 is this vote because springlullaby irritated you or do you have an AI read on her?

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I see some votes on spring and I think they come mostly because of playstyle rather than an actual scumread
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:56 am

Post by springlullaby »

Actually Hectic and Farkset can be scum together again.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 291, Farkset wrote:That said, it was a similar attitude that got me townread until d4 in undertale, but trust me that there are very few players who would be able to pull that. It takes physical and psychological effort, lots of it.
How did you have the mental capacity to pull that kind of thing off? Sheer willpower?
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 294, Hectic wrote:
In post 291, Farkset wrote:That said, it was a similar attitude that got me townread until d4 in undertale, but trust me that there are very few players who would be able to pull that. It takes physical and psychological effort, lots of it.
How did you have the mental capacity to pull that kind of thing off? Sheer willpower?
Farkran likes to tryhard in his games and holds 100℅ winrate thanks to that. With each game he has higher pressure to keep this score (yea I answer for my other head but second person view is usually better).
~ker
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 291, Farkset wrote:@NK15 is this vote because springlullaby irritated you or do you have an AI read on her?
They are either overconfident and rude town or powerwolfing scum. The second is a real possibility, and that one is higher than default, so yes, I have a scumread on them. A weak one. If we had access to lynch, which we sadly don`t, a lynch would be highly recommended because them being alive is heavily anti-town.
And about questing: Town should not want that sabotage being around at Night 2+ because losing all stored xp is... too bad at that point. I can get behind the reasoning for a day 1/night 1 quest but after that, the potential damage is just too big.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Farkset »

I honestly don't know. I didn't want to do it. It wasn't the best strategy i could possibly go with. It just happened, and i was unable to back off of that, so i had to push it through with all my might.

I am very motivated to win games in general, and being scum gives me even more motivation because i can't blame my own, or my town teammates' ignorance of the game and setup - it falls entirely on my shoulders to not let them down. Which also means i usually get nervous when playing scum, but i still like it more than being town. Being town can be really frustrating at times, and more often than not you can't even test your reads because other people don't listen to you. I want to improve my communication skills, but i often get caught in a fight against my ego and my ego usually wins.

-Farkran
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 295, Farkset wrote:
Farkran likes to tryhard in his games and holds 100℅ winrate thanks to that. With each game he has higher pressure to keep this score (yea I answer for my other head but second person view is usually better).
~ker
Not anymore

-Farkran
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 292, Pink Ball wrote:I see some votes on spring and I think they come mostly because of playstyle rather than an actual scumread
Do you think her push on hectic makes sense? Do you think it is AI for either of them? You seem to know hectic well too, what's your opinion on him?

-Farkran

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”