Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I like GhostWriter's case. I do not like how he has given up scumhunting and is attempting to shift blame toward Goatrevolt and me. Granted, I do not want to give the wrong impression that I'm needlessly clinging to Goatrevolt when all I'm doing is agreeing with him, but other than that I fail to see how Goatrevolt and I are connected, nor do I believe the "if X is town, then Y is scum" in this context.

Confirm vote: alvinz95

Stop coming up with lame excuses as to why I should die.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:21 am

Post by alvinz95 »

StrangerCoug wrote:I like GhostWriter's case. I do not like how he has given up scumhunting and is attempting to shift blame toward Goatrevolt and me. Granted, I do not want to give the wrong impression that I'm needlessly clinging to Goatrevolt when all I'm doing is agreeing with him, but other than that I fail to see how Goatrevolt and I are connected, nor do I believe the "if X is town, then Y is scum" in this context.

Confirm vote: alvinz95

Stop coming up with lame excuses as to why I should die.
Lame excuses? That was kind of late.... I have said NOTHING ABOUT EXCUSES WHY YOU SHOULD DIE THE PAST 5 POST WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, STOP ATTEMPTING TO MAKE YOUR CASE SEEM BAD. Again i find this as really bad reasoning to give a CONFIRM vote.

Lets see my case shall we?
i said wrote:1. OMGUS? (the WHOLE wagon)
2. Bad defense
3. Hypocritical in opportunistic voting
4. Lack of consistency (you only FOS rage)
Do those look like EXCUSES??????? They are HARD REASONING

What is my case?

1. random stage
2. asking for a lynch
Seriously can someone list the reasons for my case?
Is back.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:22 am

Post by alvinz95 »

ya i know that came out kinda angry-ish but i'm not, i'm just frustrated.
Is back.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

#1: As I said, the bandwagon was getting ridiculous. I went from one vote (from Skillit, the only person on my wagon to attempt a decent case) to being L-3 in the span of one hour, six minutes, and 42 seconds. Am I the only person who sees something wrong with that picture?

#2: Weak. Explain.

#3: As I keep saying over and over, there wasn't much to talk about on page 3.

#4: Goatrevolt shot that down.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry, I started my summary, got through two players, and got bored out of my mind. I'll be continuing it on and off as I can. I did do a meta check on alvinz. He doesn't seem to be so tunnelly in other games, rather, he was more willing to look around. Of course, that was my first meta check on anyone and I might have looked at the wrong things. I think my vote will go back to alvinz, but I still want to finish my summary first.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by veerus »

Rage, why have you not answered my question in post 151 about your sudden unvote?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Damn...this is hurting. I got like one more person done in my summary :S. I'll try to focus more on it today after I catch up my other games.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm almost done, but let me just say this. SKILLIT! CONCISENESS! YOU HAVE CAUSED ME TO LOSE THE WILL TO LIVE AT LEAST 5 TIMES IN MY ATTEMPT TO SUMMARIZE YOU. I'd be tempted to give you a tl;dr pass if I didn't realize how much (at least in earlier posts) of it was basically meaningless.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It'll be up either later tonight or tomorrow. I'm having trouble motivating myself, and I hope like hell it's worth it.
-StrangerCoug

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Twiglees is replaced, effective immediately by Megatheory.

Gojira has until sunday morning to respond to her prod before being replaced. Joonster is being replaced soon.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Hello! I'm replacing Twiglees. It appears I will be pretty busy over the weekend (family party tomorrow, then helping my mom prepare for her vacation on sunday), so I might not be able to read the thread until Monday.

@MOD: A votecount would be awesome.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Oh yeah,
Unvote
just in case.

/sleep
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Rage »

veerus wrote:
Rage wrote:
Unvote

This unvote is to bring out more time for discussion
Rage, why would you unvote on someone who was only at 4 votes at the time to get a discussion going? Especially since your argument earlier in the post was against alvinz. To me, your unvote implies that you want a discussion about someone other than alvinz for no really good reason. And that's pretty suspicious.
Sorry, I have a lot of games to keep track of right now, one of which both Alvinz and Goatrevolt make an appearance in. To answer your question, I do not want to be part of a bandwagon that I predict will be joined by players with increased suspicions of Alvinz. I do have an increasing suspicion of him but I feel that I would only be agreeing with what everyone has said, and that does not feel right with me if I was to be part of a lynch. For pressure purposes, I feel adding my vote is sometimes necessary. Although, I feel that him trying to pin the responsibility of the current pressure on him on Goatrevolt and StrangerCoug is not helping his call to be lynched, so I do not quite know where I stand on this issue. I feel that further discussion from every player possible will help my decision.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Dean Harper »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Skillit - (1) goatrevolt
StrangerCoug- (2) alvinz95, cerebus3

alvinz95- (3) StangerCoug, veerus, Skillit

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch. Finding replacement for Joonster right now.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

At this point I'm waiting for FL's analysis, and for the lurkers to weigh in.

If things don't start picking up naturally, I'll start trying to generate additional discussion.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

At this point I'm waiting for FL's analysis, and for the lurkers to weigh in.

If things don't start picking up naturally, I'll start trying to generate additional discussion.
Yay, I get attention. Alright, honestly, today was rather horrible for analysis. I kinda was on and off all day and couldn't get a good continuous run. I MIGHT be able to tomorrow, but I have a lot of work to do for money and stuff. Monday stands a high chance of analysis, or tomorrow if I give skillit a temporary tl;dr pass.
-StrangerCoug

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by veerus »

tl;dr?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

veerus wrote:tl;dr?
Too long; didn't read.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Boy, a lot of things seem to be getting in the way of forbiddanlight's analysis...

Somebody get her plans that drive her off MafiaScum canceled again xD

But seriously, I'd like to know what she has to say about Goatrevolt, alvinz95, and me.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

But seriously, I'd like to know what she has to say about Goatrevolt, alvinz95, and me.
That I can do now if you like. Well, except for you, I haven't written your summary to analyze yet. Basically, I have to write a one page paper, an answer to a discussion question, and then do some math homework sometime today which is why I'm not seeing a good prognosis on getting the analysis done today. Really, I should have buckled down and done it yesterday...this tends to happen though. Once I get down to doing the analysis, it's nice, it just takes me a few days to stick with it, lol.
-StrangerCoug

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Looking for a replacement for Gojira and Joonster...

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:50 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:

That I can do now if you like. Well, except for you, I haven't written your summary to analyze yet.
Do say what you have about the other two people. Worry about the rest when you have time.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Do say what you have about the other two people. Worry about the rest when you have time.
Alright, fine. This is the summary post. A lot of tl;dr detailing my perception of actions this game. I'm specifically focusing on Goat and alvinz for now, so I'll only post theirs at the moment.

alvinz:
Random vote Rage. Calls SC's vote on Rage (for the scum question) opportunistic, but has his vote stay on Rage. Thinks we are still in random stage, Rage defended well enough. (note, vote still on rage). Pouncing on something measly is opportunistic no matter the stage. Quizzes goat on voting motivations, saying he needs to lay off the random stage and that being so quick to want to lynch is scummy. (I see this as deflecting). Says SC is tagging on to goat. Finally unvotes. Accuses SC of OMGUS, says he's done discussing the random stage move. Asks why it matters that he confirmed his vote. Says skillit is good at this game, votes SC for not liking his defense and OMGUS. Says his vote isn't opportunistic, cites OMGUS, Bad defense, history of opportunistic voting, and lack of consistency. Says he hasn't dismissed goat's questions. Didn't say all random moves were dumb, detracts from SC discussion, which supposedly goat isn't attacking. Claims matter of opinion on real fake wagon. Claims goat is giving advice to SC. Says goat is lingering on downplayed facts, opportunistic isn't scummy, states goat is inconsistent, implies we should look for partners even before a flip. Says by downplay he meant resolve. Continues to argue it wasn't serious when he confirmed his vote. Restates Coug's scumtells, saying goat doesn't find those scummy, or not as scummy as the what are the scum named/opportunistic argument with Rage and alvinz. Gunning for SC's lynch. Responds to goat's saying that his buereaucratic way of counting scumtells is bad by saying goat's way of judging scumminess is fucked up. Accuses SC of distancing. Claims council member, thinks he'll be lynched, says that Goat and SC are scumbuddies by their interactions. Doesn't understand why we can't see what SC did. Says Goat is hypocritical saying he wasn't going for a lynch when now he clearly is. Restates goat's with Coug. Keeps his vote on Coug, says he'll be lynch today, and that Coug needs to be lynched tomorrow. Says that his view isn't wrong, and says that goat is saying we can't deduce from D1. (strawman). Asks what skillit's question is, saying skill is hypocritical because skill says that it's bad for him to say he wants to be lynched, and votes him.

GoatRevolt
: Random votes SC, backs it up with signiture logic. Feels rage's question is too much trying to look like " I dunno the scum so I can't be scum", and votes Rage. Still wonders what the point of Rage's post was. Catches alvinz on saying Coug's vote was opportunistic, even though alvinz kept his vote on Rage. Counters alvinz claim that they were still in random stage, saying it's inconsistent calling SC's vote opportunistic. Also by pointing out his vote stands goes against alvinz belief we were still in random stage. Answers joon saying that he was pressuring alvinz, and you can pressure outside of random. Also, wait a sec means "Hold on, that's not right", not literally wait. Asks alvinz just how you get out or random stage. Claims to not be super eager to start lynching, says the Rage vote was to guage Rage's reaction, as well as the alvinz vote (for alvinz reaction), and that alvinz hasn't adequetely explained himself. The vote hop was logical because Rage at least explained himself (though he might not buy it), and alvinz was contradictory. Mostly wants discussion now. It's only page 2. His vote his both a push for scumminess and also a choice for lynching, but that takes place more so later game. Reiterates question for alvinz. Asks alvinz why he pointed out Coug being "opportunistic" if he wasn't being scummy. Also wonders why alvinz needed to say vote stands in random stage. Isn't done discussing random stage moves, the dismissal alvinz attempted being not pro town. Cites an old game, saying random stage can peg scum, and dismissing his concerns is not giving him good vibes on alvinz. Says it does matter, alvinz has been contradictory. Says people jumping on the Coug wagon isn't scummy, and Coug needs to stop OMGUSing, but doesn't feel Coug is the play based on meta. Says alvinz finally partially answered his question, says alvinz is still dismissive, and this is real discussion. Says alvinz is being more contradictory, says that alvinz is OMGUSing him for not attacking SC, and that he's trying to make connections before alignment reveals. Says Mini 601 and 604 show SC's meta and why he gets lynched. Says of course he's lingering on alvinz' downplays, because alvinz isn't addressing these concerns. Thinks alvinz is scummy, asks everyone about the famous opportunistic quote and confirm vote. Counters alvinz point that he's being contradictory because he goes with things that are scummy. There are places for FoS' and votes. Says that finding someone else scummy because they don't think someone you target is scummy is kind of OMGUS and also bad logic. Says that alvinz is saying that not buying alvinz explanation means that he's not buying anything. Also says it comes down to him finding alvinz contradictory comment to be serious, and alvinz defense is it was meaningless, despite it not seeming that way. Says alvinz is completely missing the point, that alvinz is essentially claiming that because alvinz scum list doesn't match goat's, goat is inconsistent, and this is bad logic. Says alvinz is measuring scumminess beureaucratically. Jokes about the L/A on forbiddan's part. Says skillit showed the bare bones of the story. Reiterates his case on alvinz. Says he wasn't being serious about the jokes about forbiddan at SC's FoS. Random phase != say whatever you want with no consequences phase. Saw what Coug did, says it doesn't make him scum. Wants to hear from lurkers, unsatisfied with alvinz response so kept his vote there. Wants to see a skillit stance. Wants Twigless to start posting. Explains why FoSing everyone is a bad move to SC. Asks how alvinz can be non defensive and overdefensive (to forbiddan). Asks how the cases on alvinz and SC are identical. Wants to see a stance from skillit, Ghost's views, and a prod on joon and Gojira. Saw skillit as avoiding a stance given his last three posts. Accuses skillit of fence sitting on alvinz. Wants replacements and lurkers to post, not many suspects other than alvinz. Says he misunderstood post 126 (skillit on alvinz). Says that alvinz is stupid to have us lynch SC after he dies, even if alvinz is town. Both could be town, it's not either/or. Says alvinz is missing the point, says that proving alvinz is pro town through lynch doesn't mean he's right. SC and alvinz alignments are unrelated. Votes skillit for going for an alvinz lynch because alvinz isn't useful town. Says that it's counterproductive to roll over for both sides.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Analysis post:

alvinz
: I really hate what I see here. There's obvious deflection to SC, attempts to dismiss valid questions rather than answer them, strawmans some of goat's arguments. This is not good. I'm probably going to vote him when I've fully finished my analysis (I don't want to tunnel and completely miss someone being scummier).

GoatRevolt
: He is a little dismissive of SC (well guess what, so am I), but so far he seems to be genuinely interested in finding scum. He quizzed Rage and got a somewhat satisfactory answer, moved to alvinz who started very evasive and still hasn't completely answered everything I don't think. Honestly, I lean heavy town here. The problem is Goat is pretty good at seeming town, so I'll definitely be doing my best to keep a running summary of him in my notes and see if I pick up anything weird.

More to come tonight or tomorrow :P.
-StrangerCoug

alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:37 am

Post by alvinz95 »

forbiddanlight wrote:Analysis post:

alvinz
: I really hate what I see here. There's obvious deflection to SC, attempts to dismiss valid questions rather than answer them, strawmans some of goat's arguments. This is not good. I'm probably going to vote him when I've fully finished my analysis (I don't want to tunnel and completely miss someone being scummier).

GoatRevolt
: He is a little dismissive of SC (well guess what, so am I), but so far he seems to be genuinely interested in finding scum. He quizzed Rage and got a somewhat satisfactory answer, moved to alvinz who started very evasive and still hasn't completely answered everything I don't think. Honestly, I lean heavy town here. The problem is Goat is pretty good at seeming town, so I'll definitely be doing my best to keep a running summary of him in my notes and see if I pick up anything weird.

More to come tonight or tomorrow :P.
1. I didn't dismiss I asked why it was important, then I answerd.
2. Do a StrangeCoug
3. Heavily favored Goat.
Is back.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”