Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1097, Pine wrote:
In post 1094, Bingle wrote:Ari's claim makes him a tempting scumkill target if he's town. I'm kinda just okay with that. I also don't mind the company on this sweet gobbles wagon.
Today I learned that I'm not enough for you.

This makes me sad :(
You are the company on this sweet gobbles wagon, Pine. :nerd:
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh!

Oh.

:oops:

I thought you were implying that you wanted
better
company.

Well that warms my cockles. <3
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Bingle I would hope you realize that you and I, after how many times we have bickered over this in MMII and other games, realize we approach mechanics very differently :P
You are claiming that your way is the only correct way when multiple others (Reck, LLD, Mastina, Bulba) have showed different interpretations the use of Reck’s role enough to make it apparent that your way is not the only way or the de facto correct way.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Has Ari’s role been confirmed? Does it activate in real time?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

I’m not going to comment on the Enter stuff. I will repeat that I would hope your experiences with him in MMII that he does not back down easily and is quite aggressive as a person.
I will address the other things in turn once I’m done doing school stuff.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Bingle »

Don't think Dunn's claimed.

I claimed that I can kill myself (and will elaborate that to do so I use my active ability a certain number of times that is very low). Mastina claimed the 3p. Ari claimed that thing. Dunno or care about any other claims.

Ari's role is unconfirmed, though confirmable-ish.(Someone who doesn't tell them they're giving him money gives him money.) Supposedly it pays you back at the beginning of the next day. It also makes accountability for money very difficult.

What part of "Investigations are more powerful on later days" is something that isn't objectively true?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

You said Dunn’s role in your summation of your case on me, I think you meant Reck’s role , but I wanted to clarify.

I think using an investigation Day 1 is incredibly powerful bevause Day 1 is the day with the least amount of information. While it is true that investigations are more powerful later, the fact that Mastina felt the need to impulse buy the BP means it’s very real that she could die and we wouldn’t get any use from her role. If someone else had bought the BP, would you still be advocating for this position?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Ginngie, I've liked this song for a while and it reminds me of you, for no particular reason! But I thought you would like it.

Also, Reck, just wanted to say that I really liked your song recommendation. You have good taste in music
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

No. I think assuming mastina isn't game ending is reasonable. There are 2 of the antitown reck situations I've thought of where town is punished an inordinate amount for dealing with reck Day 1, although neither is particularly likely. Given the BP situation, reck is unlikely to die tonight and if he does it's because scum invested an inordinate amount of resources into making him die, which I'm okay with.

I explained that in detail, and your response was .
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1102, Pine wrote:Well that warms my cockles. <3
This makes me want to watch the movie big trouble.

It warms the shit out of my cockles. My cockles are burning.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1098, Bingle wrote:
In post 752, Bingle wrote:Enter - Didn't like his interactions with Gamma. Didn't like his interactions with Taly. Didn't like his shade. Didn't like his Bulb push. Enter here just seems like he's not interested in anything that isn't his Bulb narrative and I'm getting the sense he wants to cut anything else off at the knees.
This, your masturbating immediately after joining the game while demonstrably knowing the theoretical town value in dictating a masturbation order to "test things" when I expect town you would have just asked the mod instead of acting in a way that explains away why you're suddenly not a viable investigation target, your refusal to engage meaningfully with the fact that half measures on masturbation were bad, your refusal to engage meaningfully with the point that utilizing dunn's role tomorrow is actually better, excessive ATE instead of solveyness, and a complete dismissal of the argument that with as much traction against the masturbation trigger as there was pushing for it D1 was a distraction and a waste of time.
1. I apologize for masturbating immediately and I do realize its antitown side effects. At the time, I thought it was better that I did that. However, upon reflection, I think I objectively misplayed that. However, I still stand by the fact that it is a better idea to use Reck's wincon as an investigation Day 1 rather than later. I do appreciate that you are at least beyond the "fear mongering" that Reck's ability could lose us the game. More on this below.

2. See comment above. I do think that I
shouldn't
have been classified as masturbating considering how different my masturbation activation from the others, but I do agree it was reckless and a misplay.

3. I am not sure I understand what you mean by half measures on masturbation? I think it is related to the above points, but I would need clarification for futher comment on my end.

4. I disagree with this. Day 1 we get a conftown or a scum. This helps going into night so that night actions are better optimized. Jailkeepers/Doctors know who to protect. Investigations know not to target that person. It also helps us make better informed purchases. While it is true that when you get a smalller pool a conftown IS stronger it comes at the cost of less efficient night actions or purchases. At what point do you suggest we should use Reckoner's wincon as an investigation? Is this something that you just want floating around as a potential gotcha for scum? I standby that has diminishing returns over using on Day 1. I don't know if you are familiar with the term snowball, but I think having a stronger Day 1 is good to snowball the town to a victory. It makes it easier for the town to win later.

5. I think I have been solving. I have been doing AtE, but that is a personal fault of mine. I hate it when people illogically scumread me. I absolutely hate being scumread Day 1 because it runs contrary to everything I try to do as town which is lay low, ask questions that tie people to certain opinions, and then use those opinions later in the game to analyze contradictions in play when viewed in light of those opinions. I do not like getting into it with people. I like pulling at the loose threads and seeing where that goes.

6. I disagree with this point for multiple reasons. As I said, multiple others have acknowledged the benefit using Reck's wincon ability today. Just because it is the one that is slightly more favored and
your
personal opinion does not mean it is the
right
opinion or the way we
should
go. I think that is a little egotistical on your part, which is not something I would have said about you ever.

---

I think that the people who are currently unmasturbated are probably more likely to be town than scum. However, there are some in there that I think have the potential to be scum. The fact that all of the currently unmasturbated people are people others have difficulty reading or have legendary scum games is a perfect opportunity to check them.

For the record, I think that scum have probably already gotten "in" on the ability to avoid being detected as scum by it. The most likely person that I think this applies to is Ari.

Ari looks like the type of scum player who has not played scum in a while and is uncomfortable in playing it so they are playing people and not the game. Look at Ari's iso. It does not look like Ari is scumhunting at this point in the game which is DIFFERENT to how he approached the Team Mafia Game where he very early on was scumhunting. I get you want to keep him around for his ability, but make use of it today and then let's lynch him.

I also think it is interesting that MariaR didn't have time to do anything recently other than sneak in get some free money with her music recommendation. But given how hard it was to lynch MariaR in both Furret v2 and TvA I am going to save my breath if that is scum and just ask that someone be intelligent and use their investigation on her. Her comments towards Alisae at least look like scumhunting though.

Looking at Pine's vote on me, it looks eerily similar to his play in Furret v2 where he did not really comment on things and did not scumhunt. That said I am also concerned about PenguinPower because he seems less happy go lucky and from my couple of games with PP!scum I think he is less happy go lucky as scum. Moreover, I would have fully expected PP to be on my wagon or any other larger wagon at this point in this game because he likes bandwagoning. Him sitting on Dunnstral for reasons I do not understand raise a lot of eyebrows to me.

Pink Ball ALSO looks different than Furret v2, but I can't tell if it is because I broke him that game or not. That said I do see some semblance of scumhunting in his iso so he isn't someone I want to pursue currently.

My town pool is {Bingle, Dunnstral, Reckoner, Lady Lambdadelta, Bulbazak, me}. I think Taly is probably town based off scumhunting, but I am not familiar enough with Taly to put him in the town core. If I can use the investigation to further narrow down my PoE I think we have a very real possibility of doing significant damage to the scumteam.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Another reason why I respond with AtE when I do is because I think it is super annoying when people let perpetual lurkers get away with all game and then lynch people actually contributing to the game. Like... that's just cruel. Especially when the person producing content has proven to be able to make themselves obvtown and do serious damage to scumteams and the lurkers... do not.

But that's just me. I would lynch a lurker day 1 always after discussion on other consideration. Seems more fair and equitable.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh sure, just use me and throw me away! I'm hurt! :P

And I'm like, only playing games by invite atm and not good at that even XD

But ya I'll keep it to ingame reasons, for which there are none. This is my mose recent meta
I don't recall Team Mafia tbh XD but I definitely feel I had a hard time there too.

I should either finish reading up (I got to pg 22 and nothing useful had happened. I think I stopped reading at the Quentin Quarantino digression) or I should ISO some people. I'll work on it.

Oh also, if anyone has a dollar they just got and they wanna try out my investment system, I can turn your green greener! ;)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1111, gobbledygook wrote:3. I am not sure I understand what you mean by half measures on masturbation? I think it is related to the above points, but I would need clarification for futher comment on my end.
The optimal use of masturbation is ordered. The pressure on individuals to masturbate is a half measure, and inherently antitown. Ideally, we would have had 0 masturbations until we decided to masturbate in a chosen order. Posts like "Ali, masturbate please" reduce the efficacy of the masturbation because we don't want to let scummy players masturbate early, and are thus scummy, especially when you are supporting the use of Reck.

Also, I forgot to mention it but the scumread on Pine is :/ and you never actually explained how that wasn't policy.

Why are you townreading LLD? She's done nothing particularly town here AFAICT.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1113, Aristophanes wrote:Oh sure, just use me and throw me away! I'm hurt! :P

And I'm like, only playing games by invite atm and not good at that even XD

But ya I'll keep it to ingame reasons, for which there are none. This is my mose recent meta
I don't recall Team Mafia tbh XD but I definitely feel I had a hard time there too.

I should either finish reading up (I got to pg 22 and nothing useful had happened. I think I stopped reading at the Quentin Quarantino digression) or I should ISO some people. I'll work on it.

Oh also, if anyone has a dollar they just got and they wanna try out my investment system, I can turn your green greener! ;)
Eh. I made a readswall, but content has been about 1 page in 5 tbh.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1114, Bingle wrote:
In post 1111, gobbledygook wrote:3. I am not sure I understand what you mean by half measures on masturbation? I think it is related to the above points, but I would need clarification for futher comment on my end.
The optimal use of masturbation is ordered. The pressure on individuals to masturbate is a half measure, and inherently antitown. Ideally, we would have had 0 masturbations until we decided to masturbate in a chosen order. Posts like "Ali, masturbate please" reduce the efficacy of the masturbation because we don't want to let scummy players masturbate early, and are thus scummy, especially when you are supporting the use of Reck.

Also, I forgot to mention it but the scumread on Pine is :/ and you never actually explained how that wasn't policy.

Why are you townreading LLD? She's done nothing particularly town here AFAICT.
Fine. We will not all masturbate today. I will follow you down this path.

1. Have you actually even read Pine's iso? Like seriously, Bingle. Have you actually read it? Pine has not yet scumhunted in this game. He has not sorted or attempted to sort anyone. Look at his votes. He has three of them. 1 on Mastina. 1 on Bulbazak. 1 on me.

Look at the posts surrounding those votes.

For mastina, he is voting it because he does not believe the claim and thinks it is some sort of serial killer. He refuses to masturbate. If he truly thought Mastina was a serial killer, masturbating would have no side effect on him because then when she DIDN'T LEAVE THE GAME he could just lynch her. His vote on Mastina is such an easy vote for scum to make.

For the Bulbazak vote, he votes him because "Bulba looks like a solid vote right now". That is literally it. He didn't even try to sort Bulbazak ONCE in his entire iso. Control F Bulbazak. He never mentioned him before the vote, answer Taly's question of why he was voting Bulbazak with "well mastina isn't getting lynched and the fact that he is pushing bad logic reads", and then talks with Bulbazak as if he doesn't scumread him.

For my vote, he quotes someone else voting me, addresses YOU while voting me, and votes me. Then he goes on to talk about how Reck could still be a serial killer which makes absolutely no sense for the numerous reasons I have already discussed in this thread.

So, please, tell me, Bingle. How do you feel comfortable voting with Pine?

---

LLD is going against consensus and actually stating reads on people even if I do not totally agree with those reads. That is already 100% more than what Pine has done.

Also, Pine checked in today, didn't comment on anything remotely resembling scumhunting. He was just making sure you were in your pocket, and you happily confirmed that for him.

Like really Bingle. You're going to tell me that I am not solving?
Really?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think the turkey is frustrated
GTKAS
| here.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

What is your read on me Ali?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

Gun to head town
I haven’t read much of the game
GTKAS
| here.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: Ari
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think its weird when ur saying I’m pushing an agenda when I’m not even interested in the game but I think after I completely eliminated you as scum I think associating me with “pushing agendas” as scum is fine when I say things like “I want to flip X person first before I flip Y” is fine its just something I do as town a lot as well.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like thats actually just my playstyle
GTKAS