Alternatively,

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by MariaR »

oh no scum is voting me aaa
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Your only hope now is that Reck was lying so you don't get lynched for panicking and outing yourself.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by MariaR »

Why don't you explain how I outted myself I'll wait.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Last 2: {LLD, Maria}
Reck leaving will confirm one as town and possibly out one as scum.

As town: There is very little reason to jump the gun on masturbating, especially since it comes with the knowledge that you will be confirmed town by waiting. Yeah, you could argue that you wanted to out LLD as scum, but that's a huge risk with little payoff. Waiting doesn't let LLD get away, it just creates the same sort of game state we had prior to masturbating, just with you now confirmed town. And as town, that's a huge plus, as multiple players have admitted to having a hard time reading you, which was the big reason for having you go last. So being confirmed means that no one is going to struggle with reading you, more people are more likely to listen to what you say/what your reads are, and scum now have to make the decision of whether to get rid of you for being confirmed or aiming for another player who would be more of a problem to them in the long run. There's literally no reason to jump the gun here. You would know you were town and safe, and confirmation is a pretty huge boon. Not only that, but if you were really anti-masturbating, as you were for most of the day phase, not giving in means diddly squat, because the mechanic is more likely to clear you anyway, meaning you don't have to sweat.
tl;dr: No risk to sitting put as town, and not a lot of reward either.

As scum: If Reck's role works like he claims, you know LLD is town and that her masturbating will expose you. Reck will leave, she'll be confirmed, and you'll be the only one left off the list. Either way she's confirmed. If you sit still, you're lynched. If you jump the gun, you might have a chance to talk your way out of being lynched. LLD is still confirmed, you're probably still dead, but you have a sliver of hope. Reck's ability to give confirmed town and maybe some scum is why you fought against the role all game. It's why you were against masturbating until recently. And now you're the only one of your team left on the other side of the fence. Discrediting the 3rd party is gone. All that's left now is for you to start discrediting the method of your being caught and all those who will vote you.

In short, there's more scum motivation in jumping the gun and masturbating now than there is town motivation (of which there is very little reason to do so).

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1278, Bulbazak wrote: tl;dr: No risk to sitting put as town, and not a lot of reward either.
This should say: No risk to sitting put as town, and not a lot of reward for masturbating early either.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by MariaR »

Okay, but why would scum put themselves in this situation in the first place when they had plenty of time to get out of it in the first place? Sure, you could argue the same thing for LLD I suppose but when you have ample chances to get out of it scum are obviously going to take it.

From my point of view, I got a bit of consent to do it so I did it because if LLD was town and I went last the likely hood of her getting lynched in my eyes is a lot higher than me getting lynched. Along with the chance of getting scum LLD. I wouldn't have asked if I only did it for the reason of 'OH I THINK LLD IS SCUM SO I'M GONNA GO FOR IT.' No, that's stupid. Plus, me being clear wouldn't have added more to the game then say LLD being clear. Because if I was a conf town I would've just sat on my thumbs and went 'cool what next.' Plus, I hate being clear in the first place.

But your argument and the timing of it falls flat in the first place.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by MariaR »

Oh there's also the fact LLD won't lie about what I gave her too but I'm not gonna act like I took that into consideration at the time.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I don't think anyone was counting on Pine randomly having a change of heart. That threw everything in the air and made Reck leaving today instead of tomorrow more likely. In that case, you probably wouldn't have gone last, as Bingle was hard pushing for Pine to be one of the last to claim.

Also, weren't you just saying that LLD was a scum read?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I also think LLD being conf. town makes her more likely to get killed than you being conf. town would. You just put a huge target on her.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok now maria is actually being kinda scummy ngl
GTKAS
| here.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

OH BOY CONFIRMED TOWN TIME
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:48 pm

Reck, come tell me if masturbating will end the game with you as the only winner.

if it does, I will do it, I swear.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:49 pm

In post 1247, MariaR wrote:Or we can Lynch scum lld one of the 2
In post 1248, Pink Ball wrote:You could both be town
In post 1249, MariaR wrote:Doubt.
hey bby

wanna die?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:35 am

Post by gobbledygook »

VOTE: MariaR
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:47 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1282, Bulbazak wrote:I don't think anyone was counting on Pine randomly having a change of heart. That threw everything in the air and made Reck leaving today instead of tomorrow more likely. In that case, you probably wouldn't have gone last, as Bingle was hard pushing for Pine to be one of the last to claim.

Yes, yes I was and now she's conf town. What else am I exactly supposed to say here? Also Pine isn't the issue, no one is the issue. If you're scum here and you see someone saying 'Hey guys all town need to do this' scum don't take that chance and they fully support it if it becomes a thing, not wait until the last 2 people. That's just idiotic and there's no way scum me would do that, or any scum for that matter.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:48 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1283, Bulbazak wrote:I also think LLD being conf. town makes her more likely to get killed than you being conf. town would. You just put a huge target on her.
You're right I don't think I would've been killed, but I don't care about that factor because I hate being conf town anyway.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:49 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1287, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1247, MariaR wrote:Or we can Lynch scum lld one of the 2
In post 1248, Pink Ball wrote:You could both be town
In post 1249, MariaR wrote:Doubt.
hey bby

wanna die?
Of course lovely! I'll jump into your arms anytime <3
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Alisae »

VOTE: maria
GTKAS
| here.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:50 am

Post by MariaR »

Why don't you use buzzwords and explain how I'm even remotely scummy. Because I'm pretty self aware and I know dam sure nothing I've been doing is scummy.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:00 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1289, MariaR wrote:
In post 1282, Bulbazak wrote:I don't think anyone was counting on Pine randomly having a change of heart. That threw everything in the air and made Reck leaving today instead of tomorrow more likely. In that case, you probably wouldn't have gone last, as Bingle was hard pushing for Pine to be one of the last to claim.

Yes, yes I was and now she's conf town. What else am I exactly supposed to say here? Also Pine isn't the issue, no one is the issue. If you're scum here and you see someone saying 'Hey guys all town need to do this' scum don't take that chance and they fully support it if it becomes a thing, not wait until the last 2 people. That's just idiotic and there's no way scum me would do that, or any scum for that matter.
If scum is given this option {vote out of order and “scum claim,” or vote in order and become confirmed scum} you don’t know the scum would take the first option? The first option isn’t a mechanical guilty and they can talk their way out of it. The latter is a mechanical guilty that cannot be talked out of.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:04 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1294, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1289, MariaR wrote:

If scum is given this option {vote out of order and “scum claim,” or vote in order and become confirmed scum} you don’t know the scum would take the first option? The first option isn’t a mechanical guilty and they can talk their way out of it. The latter is a mechanical guilty that cannot be talked out of.
And what I'm trying to point out here is scum never put themselves in that spot in the first place. So they can avoid this situation. What question that has not come up and would be a logical one is 'but Maria weren't you scumreading LLD why would you wanna go before her with that logic?' Good question! The answer is LLD has been afk for a ton of the game and it wouldn't surprise me if she was demotivated due to the posting restrictions.

So what's super scummy about me going before her hm? I've yet to hear a good answer.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:06 am

Post by MariaR »

It's not like this was a shocking new twist we heard yesterday. We knew this when Mastina claimed at day start. So what do scum do here? They either

A) Masturbate at some point and don't get caught. (This isn't even taking into consideration other 3ps that could be out there)

B) Lynch it to get rid of the issue

C) Do both.

No one has said it's B which I tried to do, so that can't be it. Because that would put into question a lot of other people. Didn't do A or C either. So I don't see how you can be calling me scum here. It's machinability and logically stupid unless you think my scum game is that bad that I wouldn't notice such a glaring factor.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:07 am

Post by MariaR »

Do I need to get into the part where I was post restricted and could've kept going but chose to ya know...speak?
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:09 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I don’t know

What is your read on Pine, MariaR?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:09 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1297, MariaR wrote:Do I need to get into the part where I was post restricted and could've kept going but chose to ya know...speak?
Didn’t you say someone else did that for you?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”