forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

3. Heavily favored Goat.
Because goat's been townie. I'm sure other people I see as townie will be "heavily favored". And, actually, several times you stated you downplayed his accusations, or otherwise tried to say you were done discussing them when you never even started.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Jshark replaces Joonster active immediately
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Jshark »

Hey everybody I'm going to read over all the pages immediately and try to digest some of what's happened.
"When the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other....you'll see....I'll show you"- Joker, The Dark Knight
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Jshark wrote:Hey everybody I'm going to read over all the pages immediately and try to digest some of what's happened.
Awesome. Welcome to the game, and I'm interested in hearing what you come up with in your reread.
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Jshark »

Ok here's my first take on what's happened so far. I'm pretty sure both Forbid and Goat are protown the stances they are taking have been pretty analytical and strong.

I feel that Strangercougar is not good with words and his posts usually come off semi-scummy even when they're not really saying anything too scummy at all. This along with the fact that he is a little to quick to jump on a wagon proves that he is probably inexperienced but is probably not scum.

The two I'm getting scummiest feelings from so far are Alvin and Cerberus.
Alvin has been on all the wagons started so far and when any blame has been placed on him. He has attempted to dismiss it with no real explanation or deflect onto other players such as StrangerCougar or Skillit and has now resorted to the appeal to emotion argument stating that even though he is a townie we should lynch him now which seems really scummy to me.

Cerberus was quick to put a second vote on Skillit although I will admit it was during the random vote stage. He has also been quick to defend Alvin even at times when Alvin wasn't even defending himself but just trying to deflect blame.
FOS:Cerberus

In closing I feel that Alvin is a scum and if he is not then he should learn to use more logical arguments and not attempt to appeal to emotion and for this reason I
Vote:Alvinz95

P.S. I know this is a more experienced game, but if someone could enlighten me on how to include quotes in a post it would be most useful in proving my points.[/quote]
"When the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other....you'll see....I'll show you"- Joker, The Dark Knight
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Jshark wrote:P.S. I know this is a more experienced game, but if someone could enlighten me on how to include quotes in a post it would be most useful in proving my points.
How ironic that you have a /quote tag at the end of this statement.

To make quotes you just do:
*"Player's Name" wrote: text that you are quoting
You start with a quote tag that looks identical to mine above, except without the *. Then you have your quoted text, then you end the quote tag with [/quote].

You can also hit the "quote" button under someone's post and it opens up a reply with their post already quoted for you.

Also, how many votes is Alvinz at? I don't want him to get lynched at all right now. I'm actually starting to think he might be town simply on the nature of his meta.

Also:
Jshard wrote:In closing I feel that Alvin is a scum
and if he is not then he should learn to use more logical arguments and not attempt to appeal to emotion
and for this reason
Bolded for emphasis. These type of arguments really don't instill confidence in me that Alvinz is a good lynch.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Styro replaces Gojira effective immediately.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

I figured i would take this time to make an

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Skillit - (1) goatrevolt
StrangerCoug- (2) alvinz95, cerebus3

alvinz95- (4) StangerCoug, veerus, Skillit, Jshark

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Jshark »

Goatrevolt wrote:Also, how many votes is Alvinz at? I don't want him to get lynched at all right now. I'm actually starting to think he might be town simply on the nature of his meta.
I'll agree with you Goat that I don't think its time for Alvinz to get lynched yet so I made sure he didn't have too many votes on him before placing mine, but of the active posters right now he appears to me to be the most scummy.[/quote]
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Styro »

Hi, I replace Gojira. I'll give this game a read and post stuff later, wait for it ;)
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Styro »

Ok, just read all 9 pages and I fail to see why people haven't come to their senses on SC yet. Lots of tattleing along (more than once), very opportunistic, and extreme panic-omgus. Scummy as hell.

I think alvinz is right, SC today
Vote:Stranger Coug
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:59 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Styro wrote:Ok, just read all 9 pages and I fail to see why people haven't come to their senses on SC yet. Lots of tattleing along (more than once), very opportunistic, and extreme panic-omgus. Scummy as hell.

I think alvinz is right, SC today
Vote:Stranger Coug
Exactly what I was trying to clarify.

I will be V/LA from tomorrow to August 13th which is pretty long. I would like to stay in this game, but replace me if you must. Will be posting in every game.
Is back.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Styro wrote:Ok, just read all 9 pages and I fail to see why people haven't come to their senses on SC yet. Lots of tattleing along (more than once), very opportunistic, and extreme panic-omgus. Scummy as hell.
As for the panic-OMGUS, would you like to go from one vote to L-3 in just over an hour when only the first person to vote for you has a decent explanation? I don't think so.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Jshark »

Styro wrote:Ok, just read all 9 pages and I fail to see why people haven't come to their senses on SC yet. Lots of tattleing along (more than once), very opportunistic, and extreme panic-omgus. Scummy as hell.[/b]

That's originally what I thought as well but Forbid's metagaming of SC's past games has shown that he is more inexperienced and thus may make scummy moves or posts that he is not aware of. I think this is a case where if its look too scummy to be true then it probably is.

Also notice how Alvinz completely ignored my posts, but quickly agreed with Styro's as I stated before trying to deflect blame onto someone else this time being Strangecougar.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Styro wrote:Lots of tattleing along (more than once)
Does tattling make someone scum?
Styro wrote:very opportunistic
Where?
Styro wrote:extreme panic-omgus.
This point is valid, but crazy panic-omgusing everyone who votes you just seems like dumb play as town or scum. It's basically asking to be lynched.

I'm hoping to scour through the thread today and come up with my top 3 suspects and reasons why to hopefully get this game rolling again.
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Styro »

Goat, I'm really just too lazy to find the stuff but as I read thru the game, there's more than one instance in which SC posted right after a case merely saying 'I agree'.

Scums often tattle because they know who the scums are and are too lazy to fake scumhunting.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by veerus »

Styro wrote:Goat, I'm really just too lazy to find the stuff but as I read thru the game, there's more than one instance in which SC posted right after a case merely saying 'I agree'.

Scums often tattle because they know who the scums are and are too lazy to fake scumhunting.
Since SC usually followed Goatrevolt with his votes. Are you implying that you think GR is also scum?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Styro, i officially hate your avatar
/modkill Styro
:D

P.S: Not really

Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Styro »

EBWOP: scratch last post, lol, didn't see that "P.S. Not Really"

anyways. I don't think GR is scum because SC follows Goat, but that SC seems to be tagging along to a player who people generally see as pro-town, it's not Goat's fault that SC clings to him.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Ugh... I haven't been able to write my analysis yet, but I have read the thread. I'll get it done tomorrow. Basically, I don't think we should lynch either of SC or alvinz today and I think Skillit is scum. Details tomorrow, promise. I'm just too tired to write it now.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by veerus »

Dean Harper wrote:Styro, i officially hate your avatar
Ditto
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Jshark »

After a quick read of some Strangecougar's past games I am almost certain that Strangecoug's scummy moves early on are no indication of his alignment. This is not to say that he's not scum, but simply to agree that his moves are much the same as when he was town in other games. I had been meaning to go back and look at this for sometime now as I hate taking other people's word for it.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Megatheory wrote:Ugh... I haven't been able to write my analysis yet, but I have read the thread. I'll get it done tomorrow. Basically, I don't think we should lynch either of SC or alvinz today and I think Skillit is scum. Details tomorrow, promise. I'm just too tired to write it now.
What makes you say this?
Jshark wrote:After a quick read of some Strangecougar's past games I am almost certain that Strangecoug's scummy moves early on are no indication of his alignment. This is not to say that he's not scum, but simply to agree that his moves are much the same as when he was town in other games. I had been meaning to go back and look at this for sometime now as I hate taking other people's word for it.
I have a MafiaWiki page that you can run through :wink: I have every game I'm in linked on that page.

The games on Rooster Teeth are played drastically different from those on MafiaScum, so don't worry about those too much.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Skillit »

sorry for the drop in frequency, i was camping and long story short, im stuck in tacoma for a few days (i live on the other side of the state) ill try to get on when i get to an internet cafe or something
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

sorry for the drop in frequency, i was camping and long story short, im stuck in tacoma for a few days (i live on the other side of the state) ill try to get on when i get to an internet cafe or something
Don't worry about it. I appreciate the chance to have a drop in the tl;drness :P. Oh, by the way, I'm actually getting the summaries done today. Yesterday was weird. Expect them between 2 and 7 hours from now (I have to cook dinner then go to choir practice in about 3 hours, so if it's not done then, it'll be a little longer)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”