The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

Did you actually spend 8 hours reading?

Do you have thoughts on any slot other than acryon?

-Smart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1656, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Sure, I'll agree with you that it would have been better for scum!acryon to vote for allomancer earlier, but 1) scum don't always do the 100% optimal thing! like saying "scum's best play would have been this" doesn't mean that that's what scum did; and 2) there were plenty of people who were willing to lynch allo at the end of D1 and he may have been hoping that his scum partner would help successfully swing the lynch there after his vote, or that him voting there and saying "I think this is what needs to be done" would make the Allo lynch feel like the only option that close to deadline. I do think he was continuously trying to feel out an Allomancer wagon; and I think it's perfectly plausible for scum to believe that an Allo lynch is viable at deadline D1.
So I can understand this reasoning, and definitely was tempted to feel this way immediately upon seeing Acryon's late D1 Allo vote, but then why does he come back to the thread to vote nom? I felt that was genuine town drive to make sure a Lynch happens.

[compare again to my point about how Karnage literally flaked out of doing anything useful end of D1, even while he was onsite posting in general discussion about politics]
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:09 pm

@eve, can you respond to and please?

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:10 pm

In post 1670, Eve wrote:no but what kind of masochistic scum spends 8.5 hours reading to form thoughts
This kind of thing is usually not alignment indicative.

-Smart
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Eve »

ok i read it and it was ok Atarashi

i agree with your points that his tone/selection of words feels a little fake sometimes
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1658, BBmolla wrote:This feels like a nontown stream of thoughts, I've never as town been like "Oh this guy is one scum... oh no due to PoE the other has to be you " I've had that happen multiple times as scum where you're just mathematically making your scumreads and you end up having to scumread a player who you didn't want to, but if he genuinely believed Karnage was scum I imagine he'd have come to the conclusion of 1571 eons earlier than these posts imply.
ah sorry I hadn't seen this post when I posted my other one

I've been low key suspecting Auro as a possible partner all D2? Especially given how hard he's tried to townclear/refuse to vote Karnage. See my and and

as for another point - if I were scum, why would I lock myself into suggesting I think Auro is the most likely partner when it would be infinitely easier for me to throw more shade at Titus or acryon or Eve or whoever? There's tons of other slots I could have viably scumread, it's not like I've somehow boxed myself into making that post. I don't see why you can't see it as genuine.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Eve »

In post 1673, Atarashi Hajimari wrote:
In post 1670, Eve wrote:no but what kind of masochistic scum spends 8.5 hours reading to form thoughts
To be fair I GM tabletop RPGs like D&D for friends so some say that I have masochistic tendencies.
nothing masochistic about that! well depends how deraily your friends are
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Eve »

In post 1677, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:@eve, can you respond to and please?

- Smarter
Karnage felt similar to the concurrent game i was playing with him in that is over now and he was town in

skitter i actually forgot why - she just feels "off" sometimes like i don't think she actually believes what she's saying

ya know???
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 pm

In post 1676, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1656, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Sure, I'll agree with you that it would have been better for scum!acryon to vote for allomancer earlier, but 1) scum don't always do the 100% optimal thing! like saying "scum's best play would have been this" doesn't mean that that's what scum did; and 2) there were plenty of people who were willing to lynch allo at the end of D1 and he may have been hoping that his scum partner would help successfully swing the lynch there after his vote, or that him voting there and saying "I think this is what needs to be done" would make the Allo lynch feel like the only option that close to deadline. I do think he was continuously trying to feel out an Allomancer wagon; and I think it's perfectly plausible for scum to believe that an Allo lynch is viable at deadline D1.
So I can understand this reasoning, and definitely was tempted to feel this way immediately upon seeing Acryon's late D1 Allo vote, but then why does he come back to the thread to vote nom? I felt that was genuine town drive to make sure a Lynch happens.

[compare again to my point about how Karnage literally flaked out of doing anything useful end of D1, even while he was onsite posting in general discussion about politics]
I don't disagree with you! I'm not actually trying to push acryon now and my original thought process was basically a "what if" scenario predicated on acryon seeing the soft, but he's said he didn't see the soft. The problem is that skitter keeps arguing with me about this and saying my statements about what happened are incorrect even though I said the entire thing was a moot point. Like at this point we are arguing about a purely hypothetical scenario that I have already said is not even possible if acryon didn't see the soft.

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:15 pm

In post 1682, Eve wrote:
In post 1677, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:@eve, can you respond to and please?

- Smarter
Karnage felt similar to the concurrent game i was playing with him in that is over now and he was town in

skitter i actually forgot why - she just feels "off" sometimes like i don't think she actually believes what she's saying

ya know???
Would you be able to point out a post where skitter felt off to you?

- Smarter
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1661, Titus wrote:They both want to invalidate my VCA but Auro has some unique suggestions that make me favor him. His VCA discredit sounds like a robotic recycle of the hydra's complaints. He also objects to how I caught GL (with the VCA) while having GL in his scumpool.
We're invalidating your VCA because it's clearly an incorrect method when we were trying to negotiate who would be on wagons and forming a copbloc based on the assumption that the lynch flips town. It's really foolish and stubborn to try to VCA regardless when you've been told of this fact several times.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:19 pm

In post 1662, Titus wrote:
In post 1656, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I do think he was continuously trying to feel out an Allomancer wagon; and I think it's perfectly plausible for scum to believe that an Allo lynch is viable at deadline D1.
No. Just 1000% no.
1) Didn't you say you didn't read the game?
2) Are you disagreeing with me saying he was continuously trying to feel out an Allomancer wagon, or disagreeing with me saying it's plausible that scum believe an Allo lynch is viable at deadline, or both? I feel that I've shown evidence for both of these things in - acryon talking about an Allo wagon as well as several other people talking about lynching Allo near deadline.
3) Why are you also arguing with me about something that is purely hypothetical at this point?

- Smarter
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Eve »

why are you asking me such difficult questions

i'll go look
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1685, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1661, Titus wrote:They both want to invalidate my VCA but Auro has some unique suggestions that make me favor him. His VCA discredit sounds like a robotic recycle of the hydra's complaints. He also objects to how I caught GL (with the VCA) while having GL in his scumpool.
We're invalidating your VCA because it's clearly an incorrect method when we were trying to negotiate who would be on wagons and forming a copbloc based on the assumption that the lynch flips town. It's really foolish and stubborn to try to VCA regardless when you've been told of this fact several times.
You claiming this was the objective of town does not change the motivation of scum. You can claim I am foolish and stubborn all you want to, or you can quit being an echo bot and prove me wrong by scum hunting. That's the only way I could change my mind.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Titus I have been scum hunting towards Karnage and possible Karnage partners for like the entirety of mid-D1 to now. PLEASE read my points about Karnage and my request to you to give a read on the slot, especially if you are townreading that ISO
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Eve »

ok i can't find any

i guess it was the "but oks" but that's nai and her push on nom but i saw the same things she did so actually i don't see much reason
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Atarashi Hajimari »

In post 1675, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Did you actually spend 8 hours reading?

Do you have thoughts on any slot other than acryon?

-Smart
More or less. Weekends I work 12 hour overnight shifts where not a lot happens. Started reading around 8pm my time (2000 for non-americans), ended around 4-4:30am. Didn't get the role pm until I was already home from work and asleep, though. I did a similar thing in a newbie game I replaced into that skitter was/is in (won't talk about it more, though, because it's still ongoing).

As for other reads, yeah but not as well developed as my acryon read. I think GL is probably town given that he's playing extremely differently from how he played in the last game I played with him as scum (Newbie 1995, believe it was already linked earlier in the thread by Auro). Granted his playstyle then was largely to not play/lurk so it's not hard to be different from that (<3 you hobbes), but even his manner of posting is largely different imo.

I think skitter's town, but it's a pretty low confidence read.

I think your slot is probably town, though that's mostly off of Smarter/Lilith's interactions wrt skitter. I think the emotions behind those posts are hard to replicate as scum, so I'm inclined to believe you two are town. If you ask me to read the heads individually I'd say that you (Smart) are probably also town, though there's not as much strength behind that read. I'm also just not very experienced re: playing with hydras.

I wanna say that eve is town, but the playstyle is really throwing me off. This one might change but I just don't see scum keeping up this playstyle for as long as she has.

I wasn't a big fan of SausasaurusRex (I really wanted to say Sausage Rex but that just seems mean) and that slot was my second pick for scum but I haven't spent much time reading over Titus's posts.

I'm not sure on Auro's slot. I'll probably engage him more when he next pops his head in.

I'm probably missing people but I can't remember anyone else off the top of my head.
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Eve »

In post 1690, Eve wrote:ok i can't find any

i guess it was the "but oks" but that's nai and her push on nom but i saw the same things she did so actually i don't see much reason
(assuming it's nai because she said so - haven't fact checked or anything)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1686, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 1662, Titus wrote:
In post 1656, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I do think he was continuously trying to feel out an Allomancer wagon; and I think it's perfectly plausible for scum to believe that an Allo lynch is viable at deadline D1.
No. Just 1000% no.
1) Didn't you say you didn't read the game?
2) Are you disagreeing with me saying he was continuously trying to feel out an Allomancer wagon, or disagreeing with me saying it's plausible that scum believe an Allo lynch is viable at deadline, or both? I feel that I've shown evidence for both of these things in - acryon talking about an Allo wagon as well as several other people talking about lynching Allo near deadline.
3) Why are you also arguing with me about something that is purely hypothetical at this point?

- Smarter
A scumfuck never thinks a day 1 PR claim in this setup is a viable mislynch. Whatever scum pushes that faces a flash wagon when Allo claims. Just cash out with the soft claim.

I don't have to read the game to know your proposition is faulty.

I can argue about hypotheticals because we're all hypothesizing. A vote is just an educated guess or a policy vote.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Eve »

Titus did you answer my VCA question? i want to learn from the master
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

allllllll that being said I was just thinking Atarashi feels surpisingly townie by these intro posts

bc like he just said (and I was curious to hear his read on me given I've been hardpushing his slot most of the game), we
just
played scum together and I also feel his level of thought/effort here immediately exceeds everything he did as scum in that game.
Atarashi Hajimari
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Atarashi Hajimari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Atarashi Hajimari »

Hey GL, why don't you engage me instead since Karnage isn't here and I replaced him?

pedit: nevermind, you just did kinda. I wanna talk to you directly though :(
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1689, GuiltyLion wrote:Titus I have been scum hunting towards Karnage and possible Karnage partners for like the entirety of mid-D1 to now. PLEASE read my points about Karnage and my request to you to give a read on the slot, especially if you are townreading that ISO
Great. If you actually were scum hunting, then my request to keep scumhunting shouldn't be a problem.

My VCA suggests Karnage is town and the new guy feels pretty town too. Do you feel his replacement is posting scummy?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Eve »

i just realised i always read whatever guiltylion writes with a more inquisitive tone because of his avatar - it feels like cheating
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think

if Karnage is town,
and I'm right on my core townreads of TLDNE/skit/acryon

then scum were not pushing it and are trying to set themselves up for mislynches post Karnage flip, because I had indicated I wasn't going to drop this anytime soon and with Skit also pushing there. and it might fit bc I've been feeling some serious WK-y vibes from nearly everyone in the thread failing to engage with my heavy push on Karnage at start of today.

I'm gonna try to re-evaluate and look at D1 again with town!Karnage in mind, but I'm wondering if it's in Auro/Eve/Titus/Molla now

Atari I don't hate your acryon case and I'll try to reread him again with your points in mind, but I still feel that slot flips town more often than not here

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”