Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Hoctac »

Adorable
- Puff went from thinking it was 1-1-1 to randomly switching to 3-0-0 in with iff reasoning. Unnatural progression. No non-OMGUS reads yet. BUSSING/distancing.

Ame
- Conspiracy theory is townie. Poking Kanna is townie. Naked suspicion of clidd is iffy, dodged my question for why she found him suspicious.

Cat Scratch Fever
- Russian Blue. Poking holes in clidd's reasoning was townie, spotting Adorable as scum is townie. Some of her questioning feels
COLD.

Daenerys and Dragons
- Townslips in and look more fake than real. is scummy in the way it takes Doro's joke too seriously.

Hoctac
- Sometimes misreads his role PM. He's probably fine, but there's always the possibility. Nulltown.

Kanna
- Newbtown. Her paranoia and coming around to thinking there's 2+ scum in Group 1 is natural.
Spoiler: Don't read this part, Kanna
Could be scum distancing if she suddenly decides she doesn't want to lynch Group 1.

Morning Tweet
- Scumslipped. .

Raya36
- PoE range. Agreeing with easy stuff and safe(?) takes. Pushing Group 3 and not considering Group 1 reads could be agenda-driven.

Q & A:

Raya
- I would love to see one of those fancy coloured readslists from you.
Daenerys and Dragons
- Regarding : There was an "ie" before "each of them is in one of the groups." Did you miss that?
Morning
- How confident are your scumlean/reads?
Ame
- Why do you find clidd suspicious, and are your Hoctac/clidd reads independent?
Kanna
- What's your read on me?
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Hoctac »

Thanks guys, you're the best.
not yet sentient
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

It’s not the “ie” I missed. I think I read this as “one of them [mafia] must be in each of the groups.”

I don’t even think this could be called a townslip, I just read the rules incorrectly.

- Daenerys
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 372, Raya36 wrote:
In post 371, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 369, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 362, Raya36 wrote:I think group 2 is all town based on my reads and the partitions are 2-0-1, 1-0-2, or 3-0-0.
Yes, this is correct. Does everyone agree with these possible compositions?
Except that 1-0-2 is FAR TOO RISKY. If we lynch group 2 they lose 2 scum and it's up to 1 scum to fight the whole town with no kills after N1?

Seems improbable. It's 3-0-0 or 2-0-1.
I assume you meant to say if we lynch group 3?
That logic applies to all the possibilities I mentioned. I think 2-0-1 is the least risky for scum but what you said certainly applies to 3-0-0 since the risk isn't even that they only have 1 scum left, they just lose.
Yes. Exactly.

Its 2 0 1 or 3 0 0.

Group 3 is the most easy to lynch.

Group 2 is the safest option to continue the game with no clear winner.

Group 1 is where all the scum are hiding.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:13 am

@hoctac, why do you keep calling kanna “newbtown”?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:13 am

This isn't a scumhunt this is just outguess the scum and vote logically.

Theres no need to scumhunt today.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:14 am

@ABR, why don’t you think there’s scum in group 2? You say you refuse to scumhunt, so you’re not townreading clidd, correct?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:14 am

Why can’t clidd be scum fypov?

- Daenerys
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:15 am

Makes no sense to put 1 scum in a 2 player group.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 am

In post 383, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Makes no sense to put 1 scum in a 2 player group.
this logic can go on forever because of WIFOM

-dragons
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 377, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:It’s not the “ie” I missed. I think I read this as “one of them [mafia] must be in each of the groups.”

I don’t even think this could be called a townslip, I just read the rules incorrectly.

- Daenerys
Really, you don't think that would be a townslip? I struggle to believe you think that.

Are you aware mafia form partitions pregame, and would therefore be very aware of how they can insert themselves in the groups, and would be discussing strategies?
not yet sentient
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Mohab500 »

This stuff is why I told people to stop stressing so much about partitions earlier. Partitions should be used a secondary method of determining a lynch, not as the main one. Scuminess of a player should always, always take priority over random thoughts about 'what scum would do with partitions!'. Yes, lynching group 1 is incredibly risky, because if there is anything less than 2 scum in there, we instantly lose. So yes, scum probably put three there because they know we think a group 1 lynch is too risky, and they're playing on our paranoia. But hold on, what if they knew that we knew that we'd figure out they'd put all three in group 1 because we consider it too risky? So they split them up to 1-1-1, or 1-0-2. But hold on, we also know that they'd know that we would know that they would know that we would know the risk of lynching group 1. So we don't lynch group 1, but hey, hold on...

And it goes on and you could make the same argument for pretty much every logical partition choice. It makes no sense to keep theorising this much about partitions when there are way too many possibilities and in the end, we only end up misleading ourselves into thinking someone is scum because of how we think the partition is split.

I am going to go ahead and skim the previous pages to get reads on players, I am still fairly lost on what's going on and who's reading who in what fashion. I recommend everyone drop the partition issue for now and we'll deal with it when we actually get some good leads regarding the players themselves. Anyone who keeps trying to predict the partitions isn't trying to scumhunt: they're just pretending to scumhunt.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 379, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:@hoctac, why do you keep calling kanna “newbtown”?
She's fairly new to mafia and I think this is her first game outside of the newbie queue. Does she not read that way to you?
not yet sentient
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 am

Cats and Dragons are the worst slots overall to me but I might be completely wrong and it doesn't even matter if I am because scum fucked themselves with this stupid allocation.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Hoctac »

Why Cat Scratch Fever, Albert?
not yet sentient
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:23 am

In post 384, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 383, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Makes no sense to put 1 scum in a 2 player group.
this logic can go on forever because of WIFOM

-dragons
We can easily outWIFOM the scum here. EASY. They are so stupid.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Mohab500 »

Quick read, the way Albert is playing it seems he's banking on lynching Group 1 then not even having a day 2, so I am in favour of a group 2 lynch for the moment (for real now).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:25 am

In post 344, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 329, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 292, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Lynching group 1 would instantly win scum the game
Madness. You are scum.
The context for what I said was,

“If scum put 1 scum into each group, then lynching group 1 would be an instant win for scum.”

Why is this a scummy thing to say?
In post 330, Albert B. Rampage wrote:all 3 scum are in group 1 and will fight tooth and nail to avoid instantly losing.
You can’t instantly lose as town if all 3 scum are in group 1, no matter which group you lynch

Conversely you can instantly lose as town if you lynch group 1 and the partitions are 1-1-1
In post 346, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I misread that mb
In post 347, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Who’s scum in group 1?
In post 353, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I admit it’s likely there’s 2-3 scum in group 1 but wouldn’t you want to confirm your theory with reads on players in group 1?
These posts are scummy. I might be right I might be wrong but I can easily guess what the scum did here.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:25 am

In post 391, Mohab500 wrote:Quick read, the way Albert is playing it seems he's banking on lynching Group 1 then not even having a day 2, so I am in favour of a group 2 lynch for the moment (for real now).
GO AHEAD I DONT CARE
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Mohab500 »

In post 16, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:hi friends!

for some reason I thought that mafia had to place at least one of each of themselves in each group. can someone confirm for me whether this is the case?

- Daenerys
Someone called this fake recently: I can confirm I had a similar thought when we began the game, perhaps because the listed mafia partition game had some ambiguous wording which made this seem like the case, so I can't really agree with that claim.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 am

In post 385, Hoctac wrote:
In post 377, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:It’s not the “ie” I missed. I think I read this as “one of them [mafia] must be in each of the groups.”

- Daenerys
Really, you don't think that would be a townslip? I struggle to believe you think that.

Are you aware mafia form partitions pregame, and would therefore be very aware of how they can insert themselves in the groups, and would be discussing strategies?
I mean I just had the rules wrong in my head this whole time about how mafia have to allocate themselves. I don’t particularly think that’s alignment indicative? Are you saying it’s a “townslip” because mafia would discuss whether or not they have to allocate one to each group?

- Daenerys
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Ame »

@Hectic - associative. You randomly mentioned him earlier. And your interaction looks partnery. Also suspect that you two are likely to have done thins configuration. Not ignoring you or anyone. I'll fully address posts I've gleaned over Friday-Saturday
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 am

Vote for group 2 and I will see you in 2 months when you finish this game.

I gave you a shortcut to winning and being lazy.

Scum got exceptionally lazy and didn't understand how to play this game strategically. We can win this so easy town just needs to ignore scum naysayers.

I WILL REPEAT MYSELF.

SCUM THOUGHT YOU WOULDNT SELF VOTE. THEY THOUGHT GROUP 3 WAS EASY FODDER.

WRONG.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Ame »

-n
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 394, Mohab500 wrote:
In post 16, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:hi friends!

for some reason I thought that mafia had to place at least one of each of themselves in each group. can someone confirm for me whether this is the case?

- Daenerys
Someone called this fake recently: I can confirm I had a similar thought when we began the game, perhaps because the listed mafia partition game had some ambiguous wording which made this seem like the case, so I can't really agree with that claim.
Sure, but mafia could misinterpret that too before they start their pregame discussion. Perhaps scum!Daegon has that in mind and is ready to drop it when the game starts. It's just the way they come out innocently inquiring about it.
not yet sentient

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”