group 1 (3):
Daenerys and Dragons, Albert B. Rampage, Adorable
group 2 (3):
Ame, Mohab500, Morning Tweet
group 3 (4):
Cat Scratch Fever, clidd, dsjstr, Raya36

not voting (3):
enomis, Kanna, Hoctac

with 13 alive, it takes 7 to select a group. day 1 ends may 25th at 23:10 central US time; in (expired on 2020-05-25 23:10:00)

mod notes
  • e
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Wed May 13, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 am

Post by clidd »

I'm back.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:24 am

Post by clidd »

In post 428, Mohab500 wrote:
GROUP 1:
Adorable

Ame

Cat Scratch Fever

Daenerys and Dragons

Hoctac

Kanna

Morning Tweet

Raya36
GROUP 2:
Albert B. Rampage

clidd
GROUP 3:
dsjstr

enomis

Mohab500
Mohab, could you explain what you found scummy about my slot ? I feel like my eyes will end up ignoring your posts if I don’t understand how you’re interpreting group 2 individually.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Mohab500 »

I am off for now, but I did see this stuff and I'll respond as soon as I have time tomorrow.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 9:53 am

Post by clidd »

Mohab500 wrote:I am off for now, but I did see this stuff and I'll respond as soon as I have time tomorrow.
Ok.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:05 am

Post by dsjstr »

Being in a 1 v 3 might not be as good as it sounds. Who ever the mafia is will kill someone from group 2 because of all the lynchbait in group 3. They will probably divide the 3 into separate groups which will lead us to imploding in on ourselves. Even if the person from group 2 is town how likely is it that the right bait is lynched? We need to stop talking about lynching based on the setup and start solving. No reason to rush this.
UNVOTE:
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:11 am

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 362, Raya36 wrote:As promised time to dive into some Clidd analysis.

I thought his entrance was ok. He didn't waste time and came in right away with a new idea. I don't think what he said holds much weight and I don't think I'd ever use that as reasoning for a read but I think it's a good thought nonetheless. I think what I like most about it is instead of coming in and speculating the basic partition set-up like most of everyone else he's instead offered a new view which is still kind of related to mechanics but is also on the verge of scumhunting. Also if scum were trying to use this to push people who posted early game I'd expect them to actually go somewhere with it but he doesn't.

Now for his analysis post. I thought it was a good summary and organized things neatly for town to figure out what was most likely which is good. There's not much else I can say about it than that besides his logic seems sound and he seems to have good intentions. I will admit I'm not very strong mechanically so I did get a little lost in the discussion about this post.
In post 184, clidd wrote: This sporadic behavior by Ame does not seem natural to me. I don't know to what extent she still has some paranoia for my slot, or if she is acting in bad faith with this push.
I agree with this point. I haven't played much with Ame before but her posting seems a bit fluffy as well. Although I haven't looked too much into it yet since I don't plan on going for group 1 and she has content as well as the fluff.
In post 187, clidd wrote:
In post 166, Mohab500 wrote:I know I said I had a hunch that group 3 had 2 scum in it, but I am actually having a hunchier hunch about group 2 being all scum, so let's vote group 2, shall we?
I feel that your comments on posts , and were a more fluid progression. This change in posture did not seem to me to be within the investigative instance of before, which gives me the impression that it is a forced inference.
I find it odd that he shades someone suggesting voting for his group instead of discussing the suggestion directly. It makes me inclined to believe that he's trying to take away credibility. That said, if he thinks Albert is town and he's town this makes perfect sense.

I think his reads are fine. I don't completely agree with everything but his reasoning is good.

@Clidd, do you have a read on Albert outside of partition composition?

Overall I'm not convinced Clidd is scum and I still think that Albert is town. I really think scum would tone down their push for group 1 a little bit if they were pushing an agenda. For Clidd everything seems to come from the point of view of town in a group of 2 who reads their other group member as town.

I know I said I didn't want to make decisions based on the partitions but I think group 3 is the better choice still and partly because it has 1 more player than group 2. I don't think Albert is scum and I'm also leaning towards Clidd being town. Group 3 seems to have players that are more widely scumread and I think the chances of getting at least 1 scum in there are much higher than in group 2. I think group 2 is all town based on my reads and the partitions are 2-0-1, 1-0-2, or 3-0-0.

''
''

If you want, I can go into details, but basically it is because of the way he is playing. The aggressiveness he showed in defending the idea that group 1 is strategically feasible to be lynched seems to me an ignorant behavior that I see coming from an interpersonal trait characteristic of his profile, where he is probably frustrated/irritated by the gamestate, which makes sense within the scenario in which Town!Albert demonstrates emotional levels that would not make much sense in the Scum!Albert mentality, where he would be aware that his reasoning is fraudulent. In other words, it is my interpretation of the slot to distinguish that his expressions/reactions are within a natural spectrum of conduct, very different from what I feel about Ame, for example (which is forced).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 455, dsjstr wrote:Being in a 1 v 3 might not be as good as it sounds. Who ever the mafia is will kill someone from group 2 because of all the lynchbait in group 3. They will probably divide the 3 into separate groups which will lead us to imploding in on ourselves. Even if the person from group 2 is town how likely is it that the right bait is lynched? We need to stop talking about lynching based on the setup and start solving. No reason to rush this.
UNVOTE:
This isn't right. If there's 1 scum left, it will be 2-1-1, town can lynch a group with one person in it, then it will be 1-1-1 and town can lynch again. This is the best odds of winning possible.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

humans can't be calculated by math

-Dragons
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 374, Mohab500 wrote:
In post 350, Adorable wrote:I also think whoever are scum in this game are trying way too hard to look towny and it is Group 1 who is getting town read alot.
This feels like scum acting like they're scumhunting tbh, this statement adds little to nothing here: we know scum is trying to act like townt so can you please tell us something more discreet? What do you mean by trying too hard to be towny? And was that last part a jab against Group 1 or are you actually defending Group 1?
Actually idk if I townread Mohab anymore. Adorable seems like obvious lynchbait to me and their first post suggests they aren't aware of the set-up which scum would be. That could be a fake "slip" of course but based on the rest of their play I just don't think they would do that.
In post 391, Mohab500 wrote:Quick read, the way Albert is playing it seems he's banking on lynching Group 1 then not even having a day 2, so I am in favour of a group 2 lynch for the moment (for real now).
I'm also getting the feeling they were only voting for their group at first to get town-cred. I bet they planned to move to group 2 after the whole time.
In post 409, Mohab500 wrote:I just noticed, checking meta isn't even necessary at this point. This guy is misleading the rest of town, so I say if we only lose two town members at the most, we should just lynch group 2 to get rid of him. VOTE: group 2 I think my vote is on them, but just to confirm.
The only situation I see Albert being scum is him trying to bait the lynch on group 2 by acting very loud about lynching group 1. But it makes no sense to put scum in a group of 2 then bait it. So I really don't think Albert is scum. No scum would be that obvious about an agenda without their agenda being to be noticed.
In post 456, clidd wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 362, Raya36 wrote:As promised time to dive into some Clidd analysis.

I thought his entrance was ok. He didn't waste time and came in right away with a new idea. I don't think what he said holds much weight and I don't think I'd ever use that as reasoning for a read but I think it's a good thought nonetheless. I think what I like most about it is instead of coming in and speculating the basic partition set-up like most of everyone else he's instead offered a new view which is still kind of related to mechanics but is also on the verge of scumhunting. Also if scum were trying to use this to push people who posted early game I'd expect them to actually go somewhere with it but he doesn't.

Now for his analysis post. I thought it was a good summary and organized things neatly for town to figure out what was most likely which is good. There's not much else I can say about it than that besides his logic seems sound and he seems to have good intentions. I will admit I'm not very strong mechanically so I did get a little lost in the discussion about this post.
In post 184, clidd wrote: This sporadic behavior by Ame does not seem natural to me. I don't know to what extent she still has some paranoia for my slot, or if she is acting in bad faith with this push.
I agree with this point. I haven't played much with Ame before but her posting seems a bit fluffy as well. Although I haven't looked too much into it yet since I don't plan on going for group 1 and she has content as well as the fluff.
In post 187, clidd wrote:
In post 166, Mohab500 wrote:I know I said I had a hunch that group 3 had 2 scum in it, but I am actually having a hunchier hunch about group 2 being all scum, so let's vote group 2, shall we?
I feel that your comments on posts , and were a more fluid progression. This change in posture did not seem to me to be within the investigative instance of before, which gives me the impression that it is a forced inference.
I find it odd that he shades someone suggesting voting for his group instead of discussing the suggestion directly. It makes me inclined to believe that he's trying to take away credibility. That said, if he thinks Albert is town and he's town this makes perfect sense.

I think his reads are fine. I don't completely agree with everything but his reasoning is good.

Overall I'm not convinced Clidd is scum and I still think that Albert is town. I really think scum would tone down their push for group 1 a little bit if they were pushing an agenda. For Clidd everything seems to come from the point of view of town in a group of 2 who reads their other group member as town.

I know I said I didn't want to make decisions based on the partitions but I think group 3 is the better choice still and partly because it has 1 more player than group 2. I don't think Albert is scum and I'm also leaning towards Clidd being town. Group 3 seems to have players that are more widely scumread and I think the chances of getting at least 1 scum in there are much higher than in group 2. I think group 2 is all town based on my reads and the partitions are 2-0-1, 1-0-2, or 3-0-0.

''
''

If you want, I can go into details, but basically it is because of the way he is playing. The aggressiveness he showed in defending the idea that group 1 is strategically feasible to be lynched seems to me an ignorant behavior that I see coming from an interpersonal trait characteristic of his profile, where he is probably frustrated/irritated by the gamestate, which makes sense within the scenario in which Town!Albert demonstrates emotional levels that would not make much sense in the Scum!Albert mentality, where he would be aware that his reasoning is fraudulent. In other words, it is my interpretation of the slot to distinguish that his expressions/reactions are within a natural spectrum of conduct, very different from what I feel about Ame, for example (which is forced).
I still think this is town
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Raya36 »

GROUP 1:
Adorable

Ame

Cat Scratch Fever
Daenerys and Dragons

Hoctac

Kanna
Morning Tweet

Raya36
GROUP 2:
Albert B. Rampage

clidd
GROUP 3:
dsjstr
enomis

Mohab500
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:19 am

if there is some weird scum conspiracy to lynch a bunch of town in 1 to win then Albert would be scum obviously

-dragons
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:22 am

Post by dsjstr »

In post 457, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 455, dsjstr wrote:Being in a 1 v 3 might not be as good as it sounds. Who ever the mafia is will kill someone from group 2 because of all the lynchbait in group 3. They will probably divide the 3 into separate groups which will lead us to imploding in on ourselves. Even if the person from group 2 is town how likely is it that the right bait is lynched? We need to stop talking about lynching based on the setup and start solving. No reason to rush this.
UNVOTE:
This isn't right. If there's 1 scum left, it will be 2-1-1, town can lynch a group with one person in it, then it will be 1-1-1 and town can lynch again. This is the best odds of winning possible.
Mafia get a NK
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 461, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:if there is some weird scum conspiracy to lynch a bunch of town in 1 to win then Albert would be scum obviously

-dragons
But Albert is acting way too obvious for that??
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:30 am

In post 462, dsjstr wrote:
In post 457, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
UNVOTE:
Mafia get a NK
They only have a NK N1. 5 players left in group 2 and 3. 4 left after NK.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 11:38 am

Post by dsjstr »

[quote="In post 1
maf wrote:welcome to mini 2140! You are a
mafia goon.
your faction is responsible for forming a partition each night. i will take whatever the last bolded proposition is, as long as it places every living player (or every player that will be living come morning) in one of the three groups, and no groups are empty. you may ask me randomize the order of the groups and the players within the groups. if i don't get a valid partition i will create one randomly.

on the first night, you may also select someone to be killed.

you win when you control half the vote during a day phase, or when nothing can stop that from happening.

please confirm by proposing a partition for day 1 (or affirming another suggestion)
Hmm, this will create more WIFOM. It obviously justifies 1-?-? because that would be the only time the mafia could pull it off.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 12:17 pm

what did you say?
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by dsjstr »

I'm not sure how to answer that...

Could you be specific about what you want me to say
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 463, Raya36 wrote:
In post 461, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:if there is some weird scum conspiracy to lynch a bunch of town in 1 to win then Albert would be scum obviously

-dragons
thats exactly what i'd expect scum!albert to do. it's lower effort, and it plays into the WIFOM very nicely
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 pm

In post 465, dsjstr wrote:[quote="In post 1
maf wrote:welcome to mini 2140! You are a
mafia goon.
your faction is responsible for forming a partition each night. i will take whatever the last bolded proposition is, as long as it places every living player (or every player that will be living come morning) in one of the three groups, and no groups are empty. you may ask me randomize the order of the groups and the players within the groups. if i don't get a valid partition i will create one randomly.

on the first night, you may also select someone to be killed.

you win when you control half the vote during a day phase, or when nothing can stop that from happening.

please confirm by proposing a partition for day 1 (or affirming another suggestion)
Hmm, this will create more WIFOM. It obviously justifies 1-?-? because that would be the only time the mafia could pull it off.
What are you saying here?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 468, Morning Tweet wrote:

-dragons
thats exactly what i'd expect scum!albert to do. it's lower effort, and it plays into the WIFOM very nicely
So you're thinking scum want us to lynch group 1 and Albert is the one in charge of aggressively pushing that? And that's why he's in the smallest group maybe? In case that backfired?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:51 pm

In post 470, Raya36 wrote:

-dragons
So you're thinking scum want us to lynch group 1 and Albert is the one in charge of aggressively pushing that? And that's why he's in the smallest group maybe? In case that backfired?
Hahahahaha what!!!?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 470, Raya36 wrote:

-dragons
I haven't decided. I'm leaning towards that not being the case, though. I think 2-3 scum are in group one.

The scenario im talking about is if scum distributed 1/1/1. Scum in group one advocates for group one annihilation. Albert in group two advocates to kill group one. And the scum in group three could do it too

I can feasibly see Albert!scum opting to choose to do a super obvious scream that group 1 is obvscum (as WIFOM), but im leaning towards that not being the case
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:05 pm

I would propose marriage to a bat before I did 1/1/1 as scum.
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2020 2:18 pm

wtf did I just read

- Daenerys

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”