humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Isis can you like, whatever you alignment is, can you teach me how to be a better town? I don't want to be another Looker on this site. What should I be doing right now?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:01 pm

That request goes to you as well, GC.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3699, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 3697, Isis wrote:Part of my incentive with the Firebringer quicklynch is that if town!Firebringer sees drawing as a reasonable way to play in 3p LyLo and cooperates with scum that expects to be the LyLo's solve then I don't get my win condition.

I don't mind getting mislynched and losing for because of that and would much likely experience that than very frustrating bizarre crap that comes up from the play to a draw stuff.
What's the other parts of your incentive?
I thought he was >rand to flip scum after seeming really inconsistent the previous day phase. Not pushing the scum we were lynching and acting sad yes, but bitching about game tempo without bitching about how his hypothetical scumpartner was responsible for game tempo gave me some heebiee jeebies.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3700, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Isis can you like, whatever you alignment is, can you teach me how to be a better town? I don't want to be another Looker on this site. What should I be doing right now?
I don't accept the premise that Looker is bad at mafia
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:07 pm

You don't have to.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Isis »

Do I have to accept a premise that I'm better than you at town?
"Well, I..."
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:10 pm

You don't have to.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Isis »

I snickered.

Some gamestates are about persuasion and some are about acumen and I have a feeling this one is about acumen. Five players in a nightless is enough that I have a comfortable number of guesses/range even if I'm to be lynched, it's a remarkably different feel from a 5p with night. But I don't think it's obvious who the scum is, the way this game has played out. At least, it's not obvious to me. If you are town, it's more likely than not for you to continue to be townread, and likely so much so you are decidering in 3p, so figuring out the correct answer to that 3p is important.

I think you are too far up your own head on me to have any hope but meaningfully sorting between GC-Looker-Elements is relevant even if you never re-evaluate that.

In this phase of the game it can be really helpful to try to do reads by like, the "end of the monk episode" perspectiving or "end of a danganronpa chapter" perspectiving. Where you kind of say, if X is scum, I know the entire story, what story is being told, how well does it fit? I can't remember the last time I won as town in a similar gamestate since I hammered wgeurts in old newbies, and I remember doing something like that.
"Well, I..."
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Okay so re-read the game 4 times and try and see which scum story fits the most?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Isis »

You don't necessarily have to reread. Maybe it's a midcareer crisis but I'm kind of wondering how good rereading is and how it impacts confbias. I think maybe it is most important to reread sections that you don't remember all that well and that rereading can maybe be harmful. When you need to review sections based on how different flips impact something, that's something different, for sure.

In my town game I just threw, one thing I was doing on the correct side of my T-charting that I didn't actually vote according to was, "If X is scum, what did they accomplish, does that type of accomplishment make sense?" Sometimes it can control and filter for the tone and manner in how they reached the objectives they reached and instead give you a look at what they actually got. One situation where it can be a big course correct is when a read is fundamentally based on a concern about lamisting, and then you see that the player did not actually get everyone to look-at-how-town-they-are, and then pending that you can come around that that player themselves would have anticipated that unwhelming level of cred you can correct your gut.

I am a bit paranoid about your slot because vanity tunneling me day phase before last
accomplished
a lot of distraction away from Deimos lynch even if the manner and tone of your tunneling generally seems genuine
"Well, I..."
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Good thing I'm going to confbias 4 different people this time, right?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Isis »

What do you mean?
Definitely reread if you want to reread, the idea of rereading being harmful is definitely a spicy-probably-too-spicy-to-be-true recent musing.
"Well, I..."
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 pm

If I re-read the game with the idea that each 4 people can be scum!true, I think it's a good methodology.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Go for it
"Well, I..."
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 7:47 pm

In post 2976, Deimos27 wrote:You never did send me that friend request, HEM
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 12:28 am

I see you Deimos, you filthy scum!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Soooooo.

One thing that I take comfort in is, is that I can trust everyone’s town read. It’s either a legit town’s town read or it’s a stupid scum legit town read.

My problem is that I’m town reading everyone. Just in varying degrees.

HME has been super volatile. Like. He would be comically gutsy scum in this game. The amount of “lynch me if I’m wrong” and other for sure ness. I just don’t see it as scum.

Elements seems like he’s a fuck it and these people who discount me town. Plus there’s the D1 VC. I mean, I’m starting to get paranoid that he’s scum who saw me go all in on Elements-town and has been like “fuck, let me dig my claws into THIS sucker” but that’s also a little bit FB seeping into my reads.

Isis reads true but I keep getting super paranoid vibes that this is precisely how an Isis-scum would play. I feel like her play has been really well choreographed movements of a town player: the initial fake gambit; the takedowns of various cases; the late game despondency; and now a renewed sense of purpose. The problem is that I was more suspicious of her in her “oh no this game is hard” phase and am digging what she’s producing before and after that.

Looker just feels right. I don’t know what a player like looker would look like as scum, tbh, and that’s making me wonder if that means I just don’t see the scum. Like, I ~*~know~*~ that his style of play is lynch bait, but I still am feeling like I need to clear it off the table just so we can check that box to make sure scum isn’t here.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Thoughts in lieu of rereading. I tried revisiting some VCA and wasn’t having much success.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I think my all in is HME as town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Also HME’s “teach me to be town” schtick is the biggest BS if he’s scum.

It’s scum taking victory laps. Like. I’d hate HME forever for being that spicy.

For real hate. HME. I’m being serious. You better not be scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 pm

what do i have to do so you're reassured?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 2:45 pm

also im serious about being taught how to be town, coming from you too
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Elements »

i still think looker -> isis wins this
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Elements »

if either of you two are scum then idk what the world has come to
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Isis »

Elements do you really think I'm scum or are you just townreading people who are saying they think I'm scum?
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”