springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:17 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1773, Raya36 wrote:This is a good point. If scum was tampering then it would likely have been a 1 shot ability or there would be no chance for town to ever pass the quiz.
This is a point I made earlier. Why is it a good point from beeboy, but busywork from me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1768, farside22 wrote:Someone doesn't want to discuss anything other them them being safe or getting the chain.......i think it starts with a player named albert....last name scum
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1770, springlullaby wrote:
In post 1760, Raya36 wrote:
In post 1756, springlullaby wrote:
In post 1754, Raya36 wrote:I think Spring just TMIed...

Then that immediate change of topic at the end was bad.
Please propose a way of evaluating whether it is better to scumhunt within the scum group vs scumhunting within the full town.

In other words, please state why you think it is better to scumhunt within the qt pool.
It's not necessarily better but I think it's the best way to use PoE to solve. We can be almost certain there is at least 1 scum within the quiz, unless it is true that scum tampered with it.

Anyway, I prefer logic over math in Mafia. And I am a math oriented person (although I do suck at stats which is what mafia would need if we were to use math).

So to summarize:

A. You don't think scumhunting within the qt pool is better.
B. Yet you state that you are scumhunting in the qt pool.
C. When I ask you on what basis you are making that choice, you can't say why.
D. And accuse me of TMI?
A. I don't know if it's better. I never said it wasn't. I straight up don't know what's best.
C. I did say why didn't I?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1774, Raya36 wrote:With the above in mind why don't we make the quiz the exact same 5 people? Then if the quiz passes we know everyone on it is town. If it fails again then we know it's extremely unlikely that the problem was scum tampering and we actually do have scum in the quiz. Making a whole new quiz team likely lands scum in the quiz anyway. I think this is the best strategy from a solving standpoint
Technically, we can't. Unwnd already said it's 4 people.

I don't want to see spring back on a quiz, especially with that vote for beeboy and whole thing surrounding that if beeboy died, then spring would get it back.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:19 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1777, Raya36 wrote:C. I did say why didn't I?
Nope, you didn't.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1775, springlullaby wrote:
In post 1773, Raya36 wrote:This is a good point. If scum was tampering then it would likely have been a 1 shot ability or there would be no chance for town to ever pass the quiz.
This is a point I made earlier. Why is it a good point from beeboy, but busywork from me?
Probably because earlier I was convinced scum was in the quiz. And idk maybe something about how bee worded it or just me thinking about it for a bit. If you said it then you made a good point too
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1778, Starbuck wrote:
I don't want to see spring back on a quiz, especially with that vote for beeboy and whole thing surrounding that
if beeboy died, then spring would get it back.
The bolded part has never been true, and it was made clear in the Quiz Team PT.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1774, Raya36 wrote:With the above in mind why don't we make the quiz the exact same 5 people? Then if the quiz passes we know everyone on it is town. If it fails again then we know it's extremely unlikely that the problem was scum tampering and we actually do have scum in the quiz. Making a whole new quiz team likely lands scum in the quiz anyway. I think this is the best strategy from a solving standpoint

I don't want to see spring back on a quiz, especially with that vote for beeboy and whole thing surrounding that if beeboy died, then spring would get it back.
Ok then to compromise on the plan why don't we make it me, you, Dunn, farside? Then we'll know for sure if one of us is scum. Because I doubt the quiz will be tampered with twice. It would have to be a 1 shot to be fair
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:22 am

Post by beeboy »

I want to run the group back for what I've been preaching but no one in this game wants to listen to me about how scum need to be able to tamper with the groups for the game to be balanced :(
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:23 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1782, Raya36 wrote:

Ok then to compromise on the plan why don't we make it me, you, Dunn, farside? Then we'll know for sure if one of us is scum. Because I doubt the quiz will be tampered with twice. It would have to be a 1 shot to be fair
Raya, why are you agreeing with Starbuck when you are the one who pointed out that if we vote beeboy, the chain can't revert back to me?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1783, beeboy wrote:
I want to run the group back for what I've been preaching but no one in this game wants to listen to me about how scum need to be able to tamper with the groups for the game to be balanced :(
It's ok, I agree with you.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1779, springlullaby wrote:
In post 1777, Raya36 wrote:C. I did say why didn't I?
Nope, you didn't.
Um maybe I didn't understand then. Can you ask again?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'd be down, but at the end of the day, it's all up to Unwnd. We have to see what he does. I think he already said that he wasn't taking suggestions, so he might screw the pooch on any ideas that we've had thus far.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:25 am

Post by springlullaby »

@Raya: please answer post 1784.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:26 am

Post by midwaybear »

argh, I can see both sides here.
I feel like scum gambited, but then again unwnd was an obvious nk choice...
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Raya36 »

I believe you now. Took some consideration because I thought that would be overpowered but you're right that it would be extremely town sided without that.

So you're in agreement about making the quiz group the same but without spring?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1784, springlullaby wrote:

Raya, why are you agreeing with Starbuck when you are the one who pointed out that if we vote beeboy, the chain can't revert back to me?
I don't want to see you on the quiz for other reasons
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:28 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1791, Raya36 wrote: I don't want to see you on the quiz for other reasons
Reason which makes you agree with bad reasons?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1787, Starbuck wrote:

I'd be down, but at the end of the day, it's all up to Unwnd. We have to see what he does. I think he already said that he wasn't taking suggestions, so he might screw the pooch on any ideas that we've had thus far.
Yeah that's true. Hopefully he likes the plan then lol
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1792, springlullaby wrote:
In post 1791, Raya36 wrote: I don't want to see you on the quiz for other reasons
Reason which makes you agree with bad reasons?
Reasons that make me agree with not wanting you on the quiz. I think if anyone on the quiz is scum it's you. So if the quiz is for 4 members then I think the best play is to put the top 4 town read quiz members back on the quiz to test if it passes or fails
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:31 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 1790, Raya36 wrote:
I believe you now. Took some consideration because I thought that would be overpowered but you're right that it would be extremely town sided without that.

So you're in agreement about making the quiz group the same but without spring?
Truly doesn't matter who is excluded. I just want to run it back to some degree.
I am even fine excluding 2 people and including unwnd. Isn't a big deal to me.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:31 am

Post by midwaybear »

imagine thinking that the quiz team consisted of the top 4 townreads...
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@spring I don't want to talk about comunication with the mod, but when I answered the PM I confirmed my role and said "I'll read the ruleset asap, let's goooo" 'cause I didn't know it was part of the confirmation. Never had to do that in a game before.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Raya36 »

If the quiz passes we have 4 basically conftown players. Plus Beeboy who is basically conftown. And unwnd who is such a strong general town read he might as well be conftown too.

If the quiz fails we know scum is within the pool of 4 quiz members. Is only 1 then it's a 25% chance of catching scum.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:33 am

Post by beeboy »

I'll be real if we keep reading into the clap I'll say it.
I didn't clap in my confirmation, I just said I read the rules.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”