Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'm here.

Looking over game soon.

(For those not aware, my playstyle is more minimalist this game.)
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 418, Titus wrote:
In post 412, osuka wrote:can we not start questioning irl stuff? I never lie about that and I expect other people to be truthful when it comes to out of game stuff and VLA
+1, Regardless of alignment if Wake continues to post this little he will be replaced
Oh?

And who said that?
— House*
— Nosferatu*
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by osuka »

This might be the most hardcore lurking I’ve ever seen

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:28 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 420, osuka wrote:
In post 417, fwogcarf wrote:
In post 412, osuka wrote:can we not start questioning irl stuff? I never lie about that and I expect other people to be truthful when it comes to out of game stuff and VLA
its called angleshooting and highly frowned upon
Who’s angle shooting here?
no one
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:32 am

Post by fwogcarf »

i misunderstood that post as someone actually angleshooting wake

Out of bob, drew, and cakez, I'd lynch Drew
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 427, osuka wrote:This might be the most hardcore lurking I’ve ever seen
That's a sign scum don't care. That's why I put three wagon choices up. I was planning to sit back but had to decide against it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 430, Titus wrote:
That's a sign scum don't care. That's why I put three wagon choices up. I was planning to sit back but had to decide against it.
What do you mean?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 430, Titus wrote:
What do you mean?
If scum don't care because town are pushing themselves, scum have every incentive to fade into the background. Why would scum disrupt town when they are pushing themselves?

You can usually tell this by the wagon participation rate towards the end of a day. Ours is abysmal. Scum are likely lurking this out just on the fringes of our suspicions. I expect only one scum on the Fog wagon max, and it's likely Bob or SirCakez. Drew's got a good chance of flipping scum too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:41 am

Post by ManateeDude »

implying that lack of activity is always scummy isnt helpful bc theres a multitude of things that could lead to that, all which could be completely out of game. Remember even though we're in isolation some people are under mass amounts of pressure even if they aren't working simply bc this is such a stressful time. Anyways thats my rant I think we should engage wake more instead of using low-activity as a crutch to scumread them
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Wake1 »

Don't mind me.

I'm just baiting Scum to try to mislynch me because I'm not that active this go-around.
— House*
— Nosferatu*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 433, ManateeDude wrote:implying that lack of activity is always scummy isnt helpful bc theres a multitude of things that could lead to that, all which could be completely out of game. Remember even though we're in isolation some people are under mass amounts of pressure even if they aren't working simply bc this is such a stressful time. Anyways thats my rant I think we should engage wake more instead of using low-activity as a crutch to scumread them
For any individual slot, I agree. There's lurking scum too though.

For instance, where have you been? This is active lurking? Who do you want dead? What do you think of my lynchpool?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:06 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 404, Titus wrote:
In post 403, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i don't want to argue, i just want to know what u're thinking

having the conf town declare what the right wagons are will not be useful to me tomorrow

having the conf town walk me through a 100% town thought process will
I feel those three wagons are most likely to hit scum. Most of the suspicions are T v T. BR, osaka, nahdia, and fro all feel town.

Bob v Cakez feels fake. Drew feels like an instigator. I doubt all of these are scum. The way people vote will set up associatives.
again, not trying to be difficult, but can you elaborate on this? kind of agree w/ your other post that scum are probably taking it easy, but this doesn't give me much of your thoughts i can come back to tomorrow

also im already on cakez so i'm not saying this just to be stubborn or anything
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 am

Post by ManateeDude »

oh my vote remains on cakez because I think most of his ISO has been nonsense and his reaction to votes on him has not been good esp the thing I pointed out earlier with twisting words
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i thought i'd have more to respond to but very little catches my eye

the only thing is a growing FOS on osuka

there's something about that iso i don't like that i can't put my finger on. and in the last two pages i think he's been more aggressive than others on this debate about lurking. ime when scum genuinely believe something (like it's bad to question irl excuses), scum tend to be more aggressive about it because they don't have to act as hard to look town. (like how scum are often most aggressive in lynching third parties so they can look town)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Umlaut »

Going to take time later today to look through Titus' list of candidates and see who is most lynchworthy. If I had to pick right this second I'd say Bob but I haven't really updated my read on any of them in a while.

Looking forward to seeing Wake do something today.
In post 438, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i thought i'd have more to respond to but very little catches my eye

there's something about that iso i don't like that i can't put my finger on. and in the last two pages i think he's been more aggressive than others on this debate about lurking. ime when scum genuinely believe something (like it's bad to question irl excuses), scum tend to be more aggressive about it because they don't have to act as hard to look town. (like how scum are often most aggressive in lynching third parties so they can look town)
I don't entirely follow this line of reasoning. How does this mean they don't have to act as hard to look town?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:39 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

scum have to fake act because they aren't town

so often instead of faking completely scum will exaggerate a real feeling and try to make it look town. so, in many games i've played, scum will aggressively lynch claimed independents, because this is a way for them to "help town" that doesn't require them to be town. its like how an actor cries when the script tells him to, but the tears come from some personal feeling he's drawing on to fit the script.

i think "berating someone over probing irl excuses" is the kind of thing scum could genuinely believe but exaggerate to look more town. osuka looks most like this imo, though it's just my early weak d1 read
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am

Post by osuka »

In post 434, Wake1 wrote:Don't mind me.

I'm just baiting Scum to try to mislynch me because I'm not that active this go-around.
okay dude are you actively trying to suicide by lynch

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:44 am

Post by osuka »

CantLynchAPuppy wrote:i thought i'd have more to respond to but very little catches my eye

CantLynchAPuppy wrote:scum have to fake act because they aren't town

so often instead of faking completely scum will exaggerate a real feeling and try to make it look town. so, in many games i've played, scum will aggressively lynch claimed independents, because this is a way for them to "help town" that doesn't require them to be town. its like how an actor cries when the script tells him to, but the tears come from some personal feeling he's drawing on to fit the script.

i think "berating someone over probing irl excuses" is the kind of thing scum could genuinely believe but exaggerate to look more town. osuka looks most like this imo, though it's just my early weak d1 read
from these I can infer two things:

1. you've probably never played with me, and
2. you can't read me

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Titus »

Puppy might just be scum too.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Nahdia »

okay im actually gonna get into this game. will give some reads on titus' list, though im not super thrilled wit hthe idea of just restricting focus to three slots forr the rest of the day.

also oh gosh i forgot this game has shorter deadlines.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Nahdia »

kinda feel like ive forgotten how to play this game. not that i was ever any good as town to begin with.

i kee pwriting thoughts but then looking it back over and convincing myself of the opposite. so im just gonna ask questions and see where it gets me.

cakez, when you said you felt like i was town you hedged by saying your meta is really old so therefore maybe invalid. is there anything specific from my townplay that you were thinking of there? also would like to hear more on your fwog thoughts actually. like, i see you basically quoting a few posts and shading them and i dont necessarily disagree but i need some INSIGHT to your thought process here.

gonna go read over drew and bob. actually feel like titus narrowing the pool makes this game easier to approach in a way, which is nice. feels like less of a gargantuan task if im just looking at them.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 324, Umlaut wrote:Happy birthday, Nahdia
In post 310, Black Ranger wrote:Umlaut, why is bob scum?
I'm not particularly sure he's scum, I don't have any significant scumreads atm. But my vote is for the read-echoing that Osuka pointed out in and beyond that just not having anything to townread them for.

I almost changed my vote to Norwegian with / but decided not to more or less randomly
Lol it is kind of funny how he used the same term.

I once found scum copying me that way. They denied it. I lynched them. Maybe they didn't consciously intend to do it, but I felt like on some level they were trying to look town and didn't remember what exactly they were copying when they went and tried to look town.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Nahdia »

i kind of glossed over the echoing thing when i first saw it. the only one that really feels off to me is /. the first one doesnt actually feel like an echo, especially since it was a prompted response to a question. and the last one is actually something i myself had said even earlier in the thread, so i can see that just being concurrent thoughts since it's not groundbreaking.

-Zaphkael, 2020
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 446, Black Ranger wrote:Lol it is kind of funny how he used the same term.
Who copied what from you exactly?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 347, CantHateAPuppy wrote:BR gave three reasons why happy fun time story hour was scummy and then immetidately placed his vote somewhere else. (No fun allowed!) was rvs then, so whatever. but BR never came back to it.
I thought super happy fun story time hour was scummy only after Luciano poked me about it, because it became clear to me that it couldn't be used to scumhunt anymore, and if he intended to use it that way, he failed and invalidated it. I wanted him to explain his reasoning to see if he would claim he was doing something. He gave up. Scum would have been more likely to take a fight here. I did this in parallel to a vote on osuka, because my questioning of his intentions was enough, and my vote was more productive there.
In post 348, Umlaut wrote:
@BR
Who is "encouraging somebody to build a town bloc" here?
Fen encouraging Luciano.

Felt like Umlaut talking Norwegian out of a Cakez tunnel was a good post. Osuka nailed it pg16 in his commentary on the Umlautposting.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”