With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2020-06-19 09:30:00)

Game Notes:

skitter30 regular v/la Fridays and Saturdays
Something_Smart v/la until Monday
Last edited by ofrhz on Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 323, Pink Ball wrote:Firepup I'm not in the mood of being scumread could you not do it please?
not sure what ur read on me because u said omgus last post and now u say dont scumread u. Whats ur read on me and why
In post 324, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 320, Firebringer wrote:
In post 318, Datisi wrote:
In post 313, Firebringer wrote:Ohh datisi wasn't asking me to let him post. But I still stand by my statement. Datisi may never post again.
you cannot stop me
fite me 1v1 in rl noob.

Also penguin is clearly in the relaxed joking kind of mood so far. I think at worst he is using that to blend in, but to say he is making moves and they are serious attempts to make stuff happen is kind of too big brain methinks.
both the posts that I mentioned seem more serious than joking to me.
I mean theres a general trend of posts that i think show it isn't the mood he is in to be really serious?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Why should I have a read on you at this point of the game. I've told you I townread you when you're more jokey jokey and scumread you when you feel off that natural jokeyness of yours. You feel comfortable here so if you weren't scumreading me I would call you town right away, but your scumread on me makes me think that you have developed a good way of dealing with me and know that I sometimes get disengaged as town when I get early scumreads on me, so you would be trying to "cancel" me before I get to town myself up.

Makes any sense? Maybe not, I think it does.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

why would i push u to "shut u down". WHen ur town and get pushed u almost always become obvtown.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Really? I get so disengaged when I'm early pushed that I don't realize the outcomes of said pushes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:39 am

Post by lilith2013 »

damn i keep missing these pagetops, need to pay more attention to my post #s
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:43 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 326, Firebringer wrote:I mean theres a general trend of posts that i think show it isn't the mood he is in to be really serious?
idk what this means. like as a person he isn’t serious?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:49 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Datisi you wrongly scumread mena last game we all played. Is this the same thing
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Menalque »

Unless I’m mistaken, datisi isn’t actually scumreading me rn just objecting to my claim that I can read her well
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 253, gobbledygook wrote:I don’t like the idea of commuters claiming to confirm the hider exists.
I also think that Bingle scumreading FB but not voting FB is suss. Especially when he’s voting your lolwagon.
:eyebrow:

I'd expect you of all people to remember that I never argue theory I don't think is protown, regardless of my alignment. It's kind of my whole gimmick.

I also hard disagree with characterizing Mena's wagon as a lolwagon, and am in fact scumreading Mena. I assumed that was obvious when I voted him in a reads post.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Menalque »

Why ya scumreading me binglefinglebingleboi?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:40 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 261, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 259, Menalque wrote:Were you actually in the mini normal where you said you clocked S_S as scum after 5 posts?
i wasn’t in the game, no. i was poking around his games and reading some of his posts after i came back on site
hey mena just curious where this question was going?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:41 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 334, Bingle wrote:
In post 253, gobbledygook wrote:I don’t like the idea of commuters claiming to confirm the hider exists.
I also think that Bingle scumreading FB but not voting FB is suss. Especially when he’s voting your lolwagon.

I'd expect you of all people to remember that I never argue theory I don't think is protown, regardless of my alignment. It's kind of my whole gimmick.

I also hard disagree with characterizing Mena's wagon as a lolwagon, and am in fact scumreading Mena. I assumed that was obvious when I voted him in a reads post.
I don’t really get your read on him though.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 334, Bingle wrote:

isn't it a lolwagon though...? who else on mena is/was a non-rvs vote?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 336, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 261, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 259, Menalque wrote:Were you actually in the mini normal where you said you clocked S_S as scum after 5 posts?
i wasn’t in the game, no. i was poking around his games and reading some of his posts after i came back on site
hey mena just curious where this question was going?
Just cause it was another full length game where you were town, meaning your meta would be semi-checkable. One game worth of meta isn’t that useful.

That said I’m trying to move away from second hand meta in a “hard” sense and more to just get an impression
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Menalque »

I mean I highly doubt skitter would be scumreading me now (although now I’ve said that she might have The Paranoia kicking in)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 87, Menalque wrote:Okay everyone, here are my reads so far:

Locktown
Turkey — idk, I just think this is consistent with his standard level of effort at this point of the game and it’s a big meta towntell
skitter30 — town until proven otherwise is the standard approach, and it’s a good one

Prob town
Bingleboi — i think scum!bingle would be more excited and have already posted by now
MariaR — i always seem to townread Maria when she’s scum and scumread her when she’s town. This game I don’t have strong vibes from her yet, which is making me think she’s more likely town. Plus she has to eventually be town again in a game I’m in
Something_Smart — a tricksy one, kind of similar to Maria. Him being reasonable doesn’t indicate anything that strongly yet, but I’d say this okay is more in line with his town meta. Plus I doubt I catch scum him on D1, so he gets a pass

Null
lilith2013 — no experience with her, she stays here
Pure Boi — someone i always struggle to read because our never ending story tends to prevent me from ever thinking he’s scum. Trying to be objective about him this game because if I lockscum him from the start I’ll feel guilty and move him to town within 24 hrs even if he’s really scum
PP — king of GIFs and pagetops, but otherwise an unknown quantity. Nothing AI from him at this point

Scumlean
Chemist1422 — idk, I don’t think chem is tryharding yet and that’s a strong towntell for him. Should maybe be in null but I feel better about the other people there and he’s in the region
Firebringer — I think starting off scumreading him is the best approach. He has a towntell he hasn’t done yet

Scum
Blake Belladonna — playing it smart so far, doesn’t feel natural to me. She’s hard to catch but if I’m right she might be a good lynch today before she gets more dangerous later on
Datisi — lockscum, nothing in her posting says town!dats so far and I have 100% accurate history of reading her if we exempt the games where I was wrong
In post 98, Menalque wrote:I don’t see any benefit to scumreading skitter before she gives you good reasons to think she’s scum

You’re just making her less effective as town and you’re not likely to catch her anyway if she is scum (on D1 at least)
In post 140, Menalque wrote:I need to check something but I’m not sure town!bingle enters with a joke but then immediately diverted into mech talk

Just doesn’t seem to jam for me:

Either (1) we have chill bingle who wants to hang out and shitpost and joke or

(2) we have serious bingle who wants to mechtalk and optimise for a win

I do wanna check something though
Those three posts pinged, your fluff to content ratio seems abnormally high, and your 'attempt to read' datisi feels more like an attempt to justify a scumread than a legitimate attempt to read datisi. If, as you argue, you have a good history of accurately locktowning datisi when/if she starts engaging thoroughly with the thread I would expect town you to try to get datisi to engage over other players, not dismiss her and call her scum while she's posting in a manner that you have not argued you can read well.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 244, Menalque wrote:
In post 211, Bingle wrote:This game feels weirdly similar to viewtopic.php?f=52&t=81049 in a lot of ways.
How? I don’t feel it but maybe that’s because I’m not scum this time
I don't mean that the play of individuals seems the same but rather that the progression D1 has taken feels a lot like that game. I think it's likely that scum is in the more active side of the playerlist and tacitly supporting one another.

In this case, if my theory is right, you'd be the skitter of that game and gobbles would be the you of that game.

It's pretty tinfoil-y, but that is my impression atm.

Also, I wanted to link the game to see who would actually take the time to look at it and what their responses would be.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Menalque »

Re: okay, what pinged about those 3 posts?

Where did I dismiss dats and call her scum, bingle? The closest thing I can think of was me saying that I didn’t want to fight and then her saying she also didn’t want to do that but other than that I can’t see how I was dismissing her. And she’s not in a clear read point for me atm, but I also didn’t call her scum beyond saying she was very mild scum much earlier
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 342, Bingle wrote:
In post 244, Menalque wrote:
In post 211, Bingle wrote:This game feels weirdly similar to viewtopic.php?f=52&t=81049 in a lot of ways.
How? I don’t feel it but maybe that’s because I’m not scum this time
I don't mean that the play of individuals seems the same but rather that the progression D1 has taken feels a lot like that game. I think it's likely that scum is in the more active side of the playerlist and tacitly supporting one another.

In this case, if my theory is right, you'd be the skitter of that game and gobbles would be the you of that game.

It's pretty tinfoil-y, but that is my impression atm.

Also, I wanted to link the game to see who would actually take the time to look at it and what their responses would be.
So why are you voting me and arguing I’m scum if I’m the skitter of that game and not gobbles?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 266, Datisi wrote:also unrelated to the above have you played with scum!bingle before?
I don't think so.

The only 4 scum games I can remember from recent history that weren't mod abandoned are

Detective Penguin & City of Fogport
Role Call I
Death Note
Masquerade Ball

In Detective Penguin I played a VERY strong scumgame.
In Role Call I replaced into an obvtown slot and managed to leverage that and the general obvtown-ness of my partners into a landslide victory because town gave us all of the best powers.
In Death Note I was yolodayvigged by the only person with any real suspicion of my slot on D1 as a semi-secret hydra.
In Masquerade Ball I replaced into a PoE scum slot late game with a stacked playerlist, realized Ank was my dance partner and promptly shut the fuck up before she could realize I was scum. We lost anyway.

I don't think Mena was in any of them, and iirc I haven't had a scum PM other than those since Mena joined the site. Well, I got a cult PM in EISAL2, but that was mod abandoned before I could post in the main thread, so I don't think it counts.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Menalque »

I read some of detective penguin when I was in c9++ I think, but I haven’t been scum with bingle, no
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: Dismissive and not engage-y
In post 122, Menalque wrote:I think the turkey might be scum, datisi might be scum, Lilith might be scum, and bingle might be scum

Choose in those 4 names
In post 174, Menalque wrote:Have a good weekend skitt

@bingle if datisi is ever liable to be a cheeky scumfuck it’s probably this game

She’s also conspicuously absent rn
In post 201, Menalque wrote:
In post 177, Datisi wrote:
In post 174, Menalque wrote:She’s also conspicuously absent rn
yes? and that tells you what?
Well you’re apparently not super hyped which is kinda what I’d expect given the PL, but also I know that being conspicuously ~*breezy*~ can be hard for you as scum and not posting means you don’t have to try to replicate that

Plus I didn’t say you were scum I said you could be scum, there’s an important difference. You’re kinda too early to call yet

Post 87 was very political, not in the order of people addressed but in what you said about them. Particularly Skitts/Dats/Turkey feels like there's an agenda to what was said.

98 continues said agenda on skitts.

140 feels like a completely made up reason to suspect me, and not one I'd expect to come from town you.

And voting the person I legitimately scumread over the person that could maybe be scum based on a tinfoil feeling about the similarity of this game and another, particularly when said scumread already has a wagon should be fairly self explanatory.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Bingle »

If it helps, Dats, in this playerlist I think Maria, Gobbles and BB are the only people who I know have played with scum me and BB is the only person who I expect to have any real reads accuracy wrt my slot.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 338, lilith2013 wrote:isn't it a lolwagon though...? who else on mena is/was a non-rvs vote?
Are you saying Dats' vote on Mena is still RVS?
Skitts' probably is, tbf, but the presence or absence of one RVS vote does not a lolwagon make.

Compared to my wagon, where PP would be voting me if the mod had outed me as town in the OP and the rest of the players are at least partially voting me for the thing I am literally known for doing in all of my games regardless of alignment...

Yeah, the Mena wagon is in no way a lolwagon.

Return to “Completed Open Games”