NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1893, word321 wrote:UNVOTE:
Lets do this like civilized ppl this time, shall we?
No need to do a real vote if we have a strategy
Actually yeah, i'm getting way too worked up about this.
UNVOTE:
My vote is still on Midway in spirit. But i need to see more people tune in first. There's too much happening.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:46 am

Post by votato »

In post 1900, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1895, Aloratom wrote:WTF

UNVOTE:
How is this w/w
oh you're right i said that backwards. if you flip scum we vig word and we vig alora if you flip town.

but again, that could be a SvS if you knew it wasnt really a hammer.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:46 am

Post by votato »

actually it could be SvS either way.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:47 am

Post by midwaybear »

i actually thought it was hammer. Anyways, idk what alor is, but I don't townread him anymore. My preferred lynch is madonna/word.
iirc nahdia defended madonna early game and albert was attacking. That might have been a scum tactic idk
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:49 am

Post by votato »

In post 1904, midwaybear wrote:i actually thought it was hammer. Anyways, idk what alor is, but I don't townread him anymore. My preferred lynch is madonna/word.
iirc nahdia defended madonna early game and albert was attacking. That might have been a scum tactic idk
lololololol. i dont townread this person anymore so im gonna unvote them. also heres this other thing. dont know what any of it means, and im not gonna even try to puzzle it out.
but i do have this preference set, based on ????
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:55 am

Post by word321 »

In post 1897, votato wrote:the strategy is to lynch midway. if he flips town we vig word and if he flips scum we vig alora
Im ok with this
If he is not scum despite everything and Im literally wrong withe every hypothesis this game, then god hates me and I
deserve
to be lynched In Nomine Domini (DEUS VULT, INFIDEL)

What I dnt agree is aloratom here
Why is he the most likely partner upon a bear flip? (Im assuming we droped the choosing of the block; either way, the hypothesis is still seacrhing for a bear partner) He literally tried to kill him just now.
Lets drop already the surface reads and try to actually read the game again; we still have 11 days to decide on that

Pedit: Wait, WHAT?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:59 am

Post by midwaybear »

ok, I'm actually going to defend myself but give me some time
no hurry
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:39 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

ok maybe we lynch midwaybear
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If Midway is town after all that vote hopping then idk what to believe in anymore. He’s basicallu put in a scumread on anyone even slightly suspected and changes his reads constantly and it feels very opportunistic.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

TrueSoulEnergy levels of bad.

- Bunno
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Madonna »

In post 1791, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1750, Madonna wrote:I normally delete quotes within quotes to prevent walls, but if you need the post Aloratom responds to, this would be it.
What's the purpose of this post? To raise again the possibility of a second mafia? Why do that?
Did you read the quoted post? I was sharing my work with someone who was suggesting I was not doing anything. My post explains I considered it at length and eventually dismissed the idea. In a later post, Aloratom, you again push the idea that I believe the game is multiball, and again, that would be wrong.

Why is everyone so outraged by their scumread? Lynch midwaybear or get over here.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:07 am

Post by NDMath »

[hide=Word post]
In post 1864, word321 wrote:We have this guy pinning on Aloratom:
Spoiler:
In post 1763, midwaybear wrote:L-1: you me norwee madonna
if alor flips scum, vig word. It seemed like he was trying to deflect
In post 1733, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1724, Aloratom wrote:today's lynch should be me or midway
this line never comes from town
VOTE: Aloratom
In post 1742, midwaybear wrote:pretty sure alor is scum because town doesn't just give up like that. That being said, I sorta get his attitude right now.
Still think he is the best hang.
In post 1768, midwaybear wrote:ok, I just don't want to die because I'm town(opposite of Alor)

Until alarotam became too townread to be lynched (I know this is an alteration of the timeline, but this does reflect the thought process midway may have had at the time):
Spoiler:
In post 1802, midwaybear wrote:stop
if alor flips town it's madonna+word
I don't like his resigned tone, but I feel it too
In post 1827, midwaybear wrote:Alor feels townie now, so we pivot to word
I am not the lynch todsy

Into a full blown stampede on the other townslots:
Spoiler:
In post 1763, midwaybear wrote:L-1: you me norwee madonna
if alor flips scum, vig word. It seemed like he was trying to deflect
In post 1765, midwaybear wrote:why am I being vigged over word?
In post 1786, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1781, votato wrote:every game you play a bit differently, but in no games do you do much scumhunting. and in 1997 i gave you a newbie pass and paid for it. i cant let you get away with that twice, so i feel like i have to be extra hard on you. notice that i havent hardpushed you or tunneled you this game. i just consistently call you out for not actually helping to gamesolve. i keep asking you to help out and ask you to give reads, thoughts and analysis. but you never do.
yes, fair enough
I think if alor flips town, vig/alien madonna/word
Upon scum flip, vig word and he should be the last scum
idk what PRs scum have, so hopefully they don't have a roleblocker
pedit: @norwee :igmeou:
In post 1825, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: word321
Lets do this
In post 1833, midwaybear wrote:Lets wait for ND. Pretty sure he is on the same page as you, but this is getting nowhere.
I can see where you’re coming from votato, but I already tried to pull interaction quotes and it didn’t work so there’s not much more I can do.
Idk who is scum. Nahdia defended word though, so keep it in mind.
In post 1836, midwaybear wrote:What about pox7
In post 1854, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1853, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1833, midwaybear wrote:Nahdia defended word though
Can you pull this up?
sorry, I meant manatee
I guess nahdia and abr did decide to bus

Note the emphasis on my slot over the other, coincidentally being the most scumread over {Madonna, 7po, word321}
Not only it has incorrect facts, as Abr and Nahdia coluded on my wagon on D1, she never defended me once (u can go check it out if u want); he retracted about that only after being called out on it.

There is also flawed logic; his first attitude was "If alarotam is scum, vig word instead of block, as he was deflective". U know, in the plan I was to be blocked; if u rly though I was the most likely partner, the best course of action would be to block, cause that would have easily shown a no kill on the day; this is for pragmatic reasons, as scum can actually not kill that night, so blocking on this scenario is faulty (unless, again, we r talking about the most possible partner)***. If bear is rly town, then even if he dies we win the game under that hypothesis. On the other hand, if Im not the most likely partner to Aloratom, then only if I was the most suspect would it be better to vig at night my slot, EXACTLY if im, again, not the most likely partner; the association does not amount to anything.
What does it amount, though? Bear survives the night, cause he is not vigged. Furthermore, Aloratom dstn even
need
to be scum; the current convention is that we will vig
regardless of a flip
and only block
upon a flip
This is faulty logic in so many ways, and favors bear so much it is not even funny.

I thought to actually also post his "spectacular" defense on his (lack of) assosiation with albert, but u can all go iso him for that. Its funny considering one of the things that killed the most momentum of his wagon after nahdias lynch was alberts gambit, wich monopolized the day.

Overall, I RLY think at this point midwaybear is scum. How can a player pray so much for his own survival? Thats the only thing that makes me think that makes him town, cause no scum would be so blatantly obvious. But he isnt even trying to rly solve the game; again, the above argument is
factually wrong
meaning he didnt even bother to check how things rly went. I cant even associate it with newbieness; I saw him on 1997, he wasnt a bad player.
I just think he is playing every card to stay alive here.

And again I must repeat myself:
We have so many little real information we r judgin ppl directly based upon comparatives, and not "hard" data
. From the lynch list, the only one Im truly confident could be scum is midwaybear; our current process of choosing the lynch is naturally orbiting to leaving the most experient players alive, and not the most likely towns; proof of that is aloratoms current shift to block instead of lynch, midways bear drift towards the most scummy player and 7pos practical immunity. I feel this is highly faulty, specially considering (again, repeating myself) that the most likely scums to survive r the most experient ones; thats completely contradictory with bear. I have made every single call wrong this game, so I may be biased; but I RLY think the dices on this particular ocasion r better (upon a prearranged list, oc).

Upon the current arrangement of things, its pretty clear bear and me cant be partners; so under that hypothesis, considering Ill be in the trio of players to be lynched, it IS indeed more effective to lynch bear, then vig me and then block aloratom (excluding Madonna and 7po); but due to his recent attitude to aloratom, I think there should be another 3rd player instead of aloratom on the block in case bear effectlively flips scum. Notice Im currently proposing to ditch that particular bit of the current strategy though.

***This is why I dnt like NDMaths, plan. There r 2 main reasons:
1. Keep things deadsimple, if they r as effective; no need to put a lot of conditionals on this.
2. Confirming who u r blocking is a TERRIBLE idea on every single scenario; even if we do lynch scum, lets say we r wrong on the block, and scum dsnt kill that night. What would happen? Thats a free ticket to defeat. On the other hand, not disclosing the block actually has investigative values, cause scum dsnt know who will be blocked
[/hide]
The conditionals are important for optimization.
If scum no kill after we hang scum, we literally straight up win. That would be excellent.
The experienced players are the townie ones.
Norwee gets to survive because of the claim anyway.

I think scum team is either midway/tom or word/tom.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:12 am

Post by votato »

nd what are you thinking for vig tonight?
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:12 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 1876, votato wrote:
In post 1756, NDMath wrote:There are three votes on Tom right now. (Norwee, madonna, midway)

Hang Tom
vig midway
If Tom is mafia alien word
If Tom is town don't say who you're going to alien.

I'm ready for hammer if votato is.
I'm still in favor of this.
If midway is hung then swap tom and midway.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1907, midwaybear wrote:ok, I'm actually going to defend myself but give me some time
no hurry
When do we get this Midway?

- Bunno
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1911, Madonna wrote:
In post 1791, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1750, Madonna wrote:I normally delete quotes within quotes to prevent walls, but if you need the post Aloratom responds to, this would be it.
What's the purpose of this post? To raise again the possibility of a second mafia? Why do that?
Did you read the quoted post? I was sharing my work with someone who was suggesting I was not doing anything. My post explains I considered it at length and eventually dismissed the idea. In a later post, Aloratom, you again push the idea that I believe the game is multiball, and again, that would be wrong.

Why is everyone so outraged by their scumread? Lynch midwaybear or get over here.
You're not outright pushing it, but you keep the idea alive. In you respond to popo's question about whether ndmath is conf!Town by saying maybe, maybe not: two mafias could explain two deaths/night or a vig could explain two deaths/night. You go into another theory post similar to 1750 about things that are acceptably true. Yet in both and you appear to come to the conclusion that the claimed PRs need to stand pat and the VTs are where the scum sit, which is the same conclusion that everyone else seems to have reached without the extraneous matter. All the theory posting does nothing to solve the game. Why bring up non-viable alternatives if they're not contributing to game solving unless you're trying to either look busy or keep those non-viable ideas alive?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Aloratom »

I still don't understand why we're not making a more informed decision as to which VTs fit into which slot into Plan A. Why is everyone in such a rush to execute the plan?
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Madonna »

@Aloratom, 1916: I cannot make you understand what you do not want to, namely 1750 and the context surrounding it, which is why you are consistently wrong and being voted by me.
Make the right decision,
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Madonna »

Look, I can try.
  • I post that we are waiting
  • votato calls it bereft of analysis and look at me, i am so town, shading me on one post instead of doing anything better
  • I share a whole bunch of stuff that did not make the cut because I am putting work into this game while saying votato only has a role claim that saved him
  • popopopopopopo asks if this means NDMath is confirmed or not, he asks this right after my posts so I assume that is what made him ask, so the yes and no is the long and short of it, yes being the simple answer, no being welllllll technically there is a possibility
  • Summary: I brought up a dead theory of mine to tell votato to buzz off, said it was dead, popopopopopopo asked if it was a live theory, and I said no
If summaries do not work for you, you can read these quotes to see how it works versus isolating my posts and losing the context, which could cause you confusion. You can also literally just read the thread, but this is here and handy.
In post 1748, Madonna wrote:I think we are still waiting on popopopopopopo to vote or maybe intent to L-1 if we are hammer wary, but we really need to pick targets for the alien and vigilante so whatever the night results, we know where we stand. Or is it better to trust the power roles and do it quietly so scum cannot trust their own actions?
In post 1749, votato wrote:i mean it would be cool if a neighborizer were to show up right about now. dont like that LAMIST post. thats pure IIoA.
In post 1750, Madonna wrote:You have my reads prior to the mass claim and you have seen my opinions on the path we have to take. Other than discussing what is the best use the power roles, I have little else to say because lynching the VTs is my plan. You know, the one that puts me at risk so that town may win, so you can comfortably sit there and lob acronyms at me while you stress that you do not want to work with town.

Here, let me lob a bomb your way, if you want analysis:
there are no confirmed town in this game
. Everything is a matter of trust. There is no proof for any of this. We treat the power claims as givens because we trust in both the players and in likelihoods. All of these claims could be argued against. The vigilante is an excuse for a second mafia, the tracker claim handily fell out when someone claimed to have misread rolestopper as roleblocker and it is odd because we know the alien was, and the rolestopper may have stopped the second night nightkill but someone realize they could take credit by claiming to be a universal backup. This is all strictly possible. These are all things we could consider.

But we do not, because paranoia destroys a game, because we learn to trust some players, some more than others, and some
over
others. We make a choice when we say NDMath's claim is valid and Nahdia's is not. We decide that our votes matter, that we can tell when someone votes sincerely or maliciously, that a mislynch can come from a good place, that a player's general performance says that one play does not make him scum. So because of all that, we individually decide and agree that our town, as a group, must be right when we claim we have confirmed town, and I choose to believe that NDMath, NorwegianboyEE, and you, votato, are confirmed town, even though I have explained why that is not a thing. So I have been making a lot of decisions to trust in this game, to analyze that which I have been presented, and there has been good and bad, and when I need to decide what is right or what I need to assume is true, do not come to me and accuse me of shitty scumtells when I do not bring shit to your door when you imagine you are above scrutiny and do not need to be pro-town. You cannot tell us who you abducted when you are dead, you horned ass.
In post 1752, popopopopopopo wrote:feel like ndmath is confirmed 100% no?
In post 1753, Madonna wrote:
In post 1751, votato wrote:oooh spiceyyyy
Devoid of content, scumtell. :roll:
In post 1752, popopopopopopo wrote:feel like ndmath is confirmed 100% no?
:facepalm: Yes and no. Two deaths happen every night. NDMath claiming to be vigilante explains it. There could be two mafia. That too would explain two deaths every night. There is no proof a second mafia exists, and no scum is going to come forward to helpfully explain that yes, there are two factions in the shadows. So then you would ask, why would NDMath claim vig if there are two scum, and you would say because NDMath is scum, and he is claiming vigilante to be town, and we are all fucked if this is true. So it is not true. Because it is 1) complicated and 2) relies on an amazing scumclaim and 3) that is not generally how the game works. So it is easier to say NDMath is confirmed town. Apply it with NorwegianboyEE, and nothing mechanical supports his claim, but we love him anyways (tm), confirmed town. Again with votato, I already explained this, it is acceptably true, so confirmed town. I wanted to explain I have weighed a lot of options, discarded things not deemed worthwhile, versus serving them up as a scum and insisting any of it a case. So to be called out on one agreeably non-essential post in a lull, not thrilled.

I have already voted, I have already shared my scumpool picks, still waiting on others to catch up, still waiting on votato to play his best town.
Make the right decision,
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Aloratom »

I appreciate you laying it out in that form. You are correct that your ISO does not do it justice. If I disregard the "yes and no" lead in to 1753 and pause at "so it is not true," I believe I understand where you are coming from. And I see that you were and are trying to be transparent in your thought process. I see now where I was incorrectly assigning you a view that you do not hold. I think I saw what I wanted to see in an effort to find a bad guy.

This is the kind of dialogue I've been asking the Town leaders to engage in with the VTs so that Plan A is executed with the best information.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by votato »

ironically madonna, although its my claim that saved me (maybe? was there that much pressure on me?) it was my role that saved you.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by word321 »

Some posts on 7po:
#7PO

Spoiler:
IMPORTANT: Theres too much info; this votes were handpicked to show a particular evolution of 7po on a certain subject regarding the reads on relevant players for today. If 7po himself feels this does not make honor to his game, feel free to point other posts or the like.
In post 542, popopopopopopo wrote:gonna post some reads

votato-town
aloratom - town
norwee - town
hoctac - town
manatee - probably town
farside - probably town, but im wary

word - null, his posts are kinda grating tho (no offense)
ABR - null, need more from this apparently legendary figure
stan1ey - hasn't left much of an impression
gobbledygook - meh

madonna - still dont like his early posts, but ill be taking my vote off soon as i have bigger fish to fry

bob3141 - as i said, his defense to farside feels off. doesn't town just go "lol meta" and move on? thats what i would do if someone made a meta case like that. if farside really cherrypicked the games id hope he can go into more detail to back up this accusation.

ndmath - i already pointed to his interaction with midwaybear, which felt very off and most certainly not two townies genuinely questioning each other. i think farside scumread at one point too, not my strongest scumread tho atm.

nahdia - scum
In post 185, Nahdia wrote:
In post 172, word321 wrote:
In post 162, midwaybear wrote:yeah sure
however, I am a bit cautious. I don't really see anything too out of the blue with word's current posts compared to his standard town meta
This is both "gratuitous" and was umprompted; theres no reason to do this as scum, and constitutes my first somewhat serious tl.
yikers a bad post in reference to a bad post. scumception.

idk bc that's a fucking
wild
post if they're both mafia but i sure do hate them both!

game is strange. normally i feel like im townreading too many people and have to adjust, now i feel like im scumreading too many people. who would like to be part of the townbloc? apply now.

VOTE: word321
this is nahdia's real post-rvs entrance to the thread. they immediately buddy up to farside by virtue of having the same scumread as her. I also hate how nahdia says they are townreading too many people, feels like scum trying to be friendly and make everyone feel comfortable around them. do not like.
In post 187, Nahdia wrote:
In post 158, ManateeDude wrote:is it just me or are this games vibes weird?
hey friend manateedude i'd like to know what u meant by this, if you are able to elaborate.

always like when im reading up and someone seems to have the same read i was having. farside22 i hereby officially invite u to my townbloc. everyone else must Apply Now.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Farside and Nahdia? Sure, I'll join.

VOTE: Word
your application has been accepted.
now this post i find to be pretty bad also. the "oh what a surprise farside and i have the same reads" is super fake and disengenous IMO. no way nahdia didnt read the damn thread before the first post made voting word. i also think the joking establishment of a townbloc is more attempts to buddy up to the two most experienced players in this game (farside and rampage) i didnt really like the reads post nahdia made either

but nahdia isn't my main concern

midwaybear- really poor ISO imo. lets go over some stuff.
In post 52, midwaybear wrote:pahls ley off te durgs
In post 62, midwaybear wrote:trying to decipher what you're trying to say is harder than the reading comprehension section on certain standardized tests
My best guess is that you're asking how good our scum games are.
My answer: I like to think that it's good, but it's probably not :P
In post 91, midwaybear wrote:I will do my best to decipher whatever language Hoctac is speaking
In post 100, midwaybear wrote:It is a gimmick
we would appreciate it if you speak like you normally do
pedit: yeah
this stuff reads like busywork, overemphasis on the typos and meme posting common at the start of day 1, especially in a large. great way to be active in thread and look busy/helpful without contributing to town wincon.
In post 132, midwaybear wrote:
In post 130, popopopopopopo wrote:in a large game like this, picking some VI to quicklynch isn't a bad idea day 1.
I disagree? I mean we probably will end up lynching a VI, but I don't think we should quicklynch.
ok, if we probably end up lynching a VI as u say, whats the problem with a quicklynch. also, midwaybear would go on to contradict himself later on
In post 162, midwaybear wrote:yeah sure
however, I am a bit cautious. I don't really see anything too out of the blue with word's current posts compared to his standard town meta
this was a lie, he didnt check word's meta. he had one game played with him, so referencing "standard town meta" is disingenuous at best.
In post 203, midwaybear wrote:Ok, so Hoctac was basically trolling us
Dunno what to think about that :/
hoctac was trolling us good town players frowny face :/
please
In post 208, midwaybear wrote:Hmm that actually is an interesting contradiction you pointed out.
VOTE: Manatee
In post 259, midwaybear wrote:I feel like manatee's explanation doesn't make sense which is why my vote is still o him
i cant talk since i also voted manatee, but that shit was wack we can all look back and agree

OK NOW THIS PART I FIND ESPECIALLY SKETCHY, I DIDNT QUOTE EVERY POST IN ORDER BUT HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART
In post 310, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: madonna
In post 311, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: Madonna
oh yeah
In post 323, Albert B. Rampage wrote:We had a solid bandwagon on word, and a competing miniwagon with manatee. I think that's sufficient information for day 2, all considered.

I'm just tired of 80 page day 1s where every town role is outted and scum can pick the PRs apart...….every damn time.
In post 324, midwaybear wrote:lol I'm down
HOW IS THIS NOT A DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO MIDBEAR SAYING TO ME HE DOESN'T WANT A QUICKLYNCH IN POST #132?? HE HAS COMPLETELY SHIFTED HIS OPINION AND NOW HE IS ALL LIKE "LOL IM DOWN" WHEN IT COMES TO SPEEDWAGON ON MADONNA, AFTER PREVIOUSLY SAYING HE DOESNT THINK WE SHOULD MISLYNCH. VERY SUS
In post 408, midwaybear wrote:Why are you still joking like it is RVS
this shit i dont like either. admonishing someone for joking around, then 6 posts later he posts a smiley.
In post 458, midwaybear wrote:I think manatee shouldn't be pushed from his explanations. I still do not see his logic, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't really have much on the others, but I like stan1ey too because he is pushing people and trying to find contradictions.
here is another post when he harps on about this stanley townread again for some unknown reason.

LOOK THROUGH HIS ISO AND FIND ME A SCUMREAD, FIND ME JUST ONE. midwaybear voted manatee for a shit reason, and then hopped on the madonna wagon, which i and abr joked about being a speed wagon, right after stating he doesn't want a speedlynch.

so
vote: midwaybear

i feel good about this
In post 676, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 666, Nahdia wrote:what

players can change their reads. changing reads can be towny. but scum often change their reads when they make a case on a partner to create distance, and towntell in the process.
and i think it's pretty transparent that my point was to try and make popopo stick to midway. it WAS a threat
ok so im scum with midway, and for some reason i posted a big old wall on him and voted him, when he had zero pressure from anyone else in thread. makes sense. and i can get off a wagon anytime i want, you shouldnt be trying to control how town players push their reads and if the reads change... yikes
In post 685, popopopopopopo wrote:i will say that an ongoing problem for me is mistaking new players for scum. the blatant contradiction in mdiway's attitude towards quick-lynching definitely exists. his defense was also bad. but the way he just accepts the contradiction and says i guess im a hypocrite, i just got caught up for a second, sorry. that is giving me second thoughts, as it seems kinda genuine.
In post 587, midwaybear wrote:hypocrisy: sorry
like this, does this really come from a pressured new scum player? im not so sure.

plus nahdia's posting since my wall has just been bizarre, i agree completely with farside that the reads post they made was bad, and the justifications after farside's pushing was poor. i was gonna go more in depth on nahdia on my wall but farside had made many points already about the reads post and i didnt wanna be redundant. i really don't understand the bussing angle they are trying to push, and don't really see it coming from town. i apologize to everyone for the rapid vote switch but what u gonna do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vote:nahdia

i was also thinking me and albert were mind-melding pretty well yesterday, but his defense of nahdia is really weird, and has no justification as well. i was really stoned at like 3am last night and i got the feeling that albert was pocketing me and egging along my midway wagon, and that maybe it wasn't genuine from him. might be just late night grass induced paranoia tho...i hope my reasoning is clear.
In post 753, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 741, Nahdia wrote:didn't realize it was l-1. i wouldn't hammer without a claim. sorry bob :\

voyeur. hoctac was killed by a killing action (lol)
I FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE LYNCHING THIS
In post 758, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 754, midwaybear wrote:
In post 752, Nahdia wrote:i dont see why me targeting a dead player is any more easy to fake than any living player. hoctac was still a valid target last night.
cuz he flipped, so it is easier to make up something compared to if you targeted a living player
In post 755, midwaybear wrote:
In post 753, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 741, Nahdia wrote:didn't realize it was l-1. i wouldn't hammer without a claim. sorry bob :\

voyeur. hoctac was killed by a killing action (lol)
I FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE LYNCHING THIS
i don't

?????? THESE TWO ARE ALMOST CERTAINLY PARTNERS
In post 781, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 775, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Or are you saying scum!Nahdia intentionally chose to say they targeted Hoctac (One of the deaths) with a worthless night action as mafia?
nahdia was fairly scumread yesterday by me and a few others. if scum nahdia claimed visiting a different person they would be at risk of a tracker/watcher/other PR disproving their claim and getting immediately lynched. what do you think a better claim for scum nahdia would be in this situation, assuming they made the NK?
In post 783, popopopopopopo wrote:picture this situation
someone claims tracker - i tracked nahdia to hoctac

nahdia "oh yea im a voyeur hoctac was killed lol"

would be lynched
In post 835, popopopopopopo wrote:scumteam of Nahdia, midway, ABR, ?????

could it be that easy?
In post 1373, popopopopopopo wrote:I thought Albert was a vig or some other pr from his play. It all makes sense if he is pr.
In post 1428, popopopopopopo wrote:fuck this
vote:stanley
In post 1473, popopopopopopo wrote:lets say ABR faked a guilty, the guy he randomly faked a guilty on is a SUPER PRO TOWN PROTECTIVE ROLE?

i dont believe the claim.
In post 1683, popopopopopopo wrote:between aloratom, midway, word, madonna. idk... i do feel like word is town for some reason. i am gonna reread this game, we have no rush to end the day anytime soon
In post 1863, popopopopopopo wrote:i dont really wanna lynch madonna

vote: aloratom
In post 1908, popopopopopopo wrote:ok maybe we lynch midwaybear

We see an interesting evolution here; I think I know why ppl mostly think 7po is town; he went hard from early on against the scum slots. Particular emphasis on and even more particular emphasis to:
In post 835, popopopopopopo wrote:scumteam of Nahdia, midway, ABR, ?????

could it be that easy?
At this point going though the ISO, I thought it was fairly reasonable as town. But if we take into consideration the WHOLE game, this fits
overwflowingly
too well by a large margin; the guy went straight to Nahdia for the lynch, while still going directly and openly for a midwaybear on the way, and albert early on (lets for the sake of the argument, assume midwaybear is scum; EVEN if u r not convinced at this point for the possibility, he will still probably be the lynch of the day, henceforth it is more plausible to look for possible partners in the playerbase, so it is a good hypothesis to have regardless). So far, so good; but immediatly after Nahdias lynch, we have a complete 180; the read on albert became a downright townread for powerole ("ok, this may have explained his weird behavior yesterday"), and a vote on stanley, and the case on bear practically disappearing; moreso, today bear is completely ausent from the equation, when he openly speculated about a Nahdia/Bear association when Nahdia was yet to flip.
Overall, I think he could have got an insane amount of towncread early on and may be monopolizing on that at this point to be kept outside the grand scheme of things, bussing every partner at a time it was not sure who was going to be lynched and whos not (exactly for the apparent preeminance of ISO reads instead of context reads on large games, due to the sheer amount of information); and now he can simply "be here" and lurk his way out. It is worth noticing he still has activity on the site, and is currently playing a blitz (I was checking that actually for monkey and holden in another game), so I think his convenient disappearence on D4 is actually lurking on that regard.
So, overall I still am incapable of seeing the conftown 7po ppl see, and am casing him as the most likely partner for a bear.

Following the same hypothesis for a scum bear, it is actually a little bit better for Madonna.
Heres the thing: For the sake of simplicity, lets assume it is a game of 4 scums and that bear is one of the scums. D2 ended quite chaotically for a possible scum team; the reads on bear were rly bad, albert openly went for a lynch on another one and a defense on nahdia instead and nahdia was, well, dead. If we were to assume Madonna was in the team, they needed to choose someone to kill gobble at the time; but madonna was abducted that day by votato, who blocked ndmaths kill. Still, gobble died; we r weighting now the likeness of nahdia being sent over albert and bear (under the hypothesis, again, bear is scum). That is a RLY hard data, so I dnt think we should choose madonna at all given that hypothesis, at least not for a kill.

Lastly, I need to ask the same as aloratom; being confirmed town dst grant a license to lurk the day. We cant rly work on surface reads, and trying to fit {word, aloratom} on a scenario when bear flips scum or town if neither of them fits one of the possibilities over others is being downright lazy. We have A LOT of material on this game; would it be better if there was fewer?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don't really have much more to say until i've seen a Midway flip i realized. But keep talking.
VOTE: Midway

- Bunno
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:01 am

Post by schadd_ »