With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2020-06-19 09:30:00)

Game Notes:

skitter30 regular v/la Fridays and Saturdays
Something_Smart v/la until Monday
Last edited by ofrhz on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Blake Belladonna »

In post 715, skitter30 wrote:
In post 712, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 706, skitter30 wrote:what does this even mean? aren't you townreading gobbles?
It means exactly what it says. I don't really care that gobble's wagon reached L-2 quickly, but I do care that a bunch of people immediately stepped in to defend him. I wasn't suggesting that any particular conclusion should be drawn from it.

I'm townleaning him.
ok, why do you think it's noteworthy that multiple people jumped in to defend him?
In post 720, skitter30 wrote:
In post 717, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 715, skitter30 wrote:ok, why do you think it's noteworthy that multiple people jumped in to defend him?
Because that rarely happens?
ok and the conclusion is ...

like why are you pointing it out if you think he's town anyways? isn't it a good thing that people are defendign him?
This take is a very bizarre one. The fact that this is still the crux of the engagement with Something_Smart is even more bizarre.

This entire engagement from the beginning is unnatural, and this specific point is where I believe it stems from.

As an aside, I don't think Something_Smart's point is bad or incongruent, and I would only call it as such if he specifically pointed it out as alignment indicative in some way. He did not. Because he appears to be approaching this in the way that I would suspect town Something_Smart in this position would, I believe he is the town in this exchange.

Regardless, this engagement makes no sense if both sides are scum, and I strongly doubt this engagement happens the way it does if both are town. And in this particular case, it makes a lot more sense if Skitter30 is the scum within this dichotomy.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Menalque is town.
MariaR is town.
Firebringer is town.
Bingle is town.

Something_Smart and Datisi are the slots that I need more time on to be certain I lose all interest in lynching them today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 824, skitter30 wrote:how are you reading me rn ?
It seems like a weird angle for you to take that I'm scum for this superficial contradiction but you have better reasoning but you can't explain it. I don't recall you doing stuff like that in either of your recent scumgames, and I don't think you got this far in the weeds with anyone in City except for lilith when you were doing theater with her.

So leantown.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:20 pm

In post 826, Blake Belladonna wrote:I strongly doubt this engagement happens the way it does if both are town.
What makes you say this?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ss i'm very confused by this entire interaction
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:22 pm

In post 829, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 826, Blake Belladonna wrote:I strongly doubt this engagement happens the way it does if both are town.
What makes you say this?
The beginning of it was unnatural from both sides.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:22 pm

What are you confused about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:23 pm

In post 831, Blake Belladonna wrote:The beginning of it was unnatural from both sides.
So you would be scumreading us both but you don't think we make sense as partners?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

are you trying to get me to change my mind on you?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 826, Blake Belladonna wrote:Regardless, this engagement makes no sense if both sides are scum, and I strongly doubt this engagement happens the way it does if both are town. And in this particular case, it makes a lot more sense if Skitter30 is the scum within this dichotomy.
blake this doesn't feel like a natural interaction to me either
Show
Hiatus once more.

Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:26 pm

In post 833, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 831, Blake Belladonna wrote:The beginning of it was unnatural from both sides.
So you would be scumreading us both but you don't think we make sense as partners?
No.

All it means is that I don't believe that the engagement would happen if you both were town. The engagement extending like this for so long is what makes me think you both are not scumpartners.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

that's why i kinda stopped and asked what he's trying to do because the fact that this convo is still happening is weird and i don't know what he's trying to convince me of
Show
Hiatus once more.

Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Interesting.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 823, Something_Smart wrote:Understand your thought process so I can try to show you where I disagree.
like i kinda felt like he was pushing me but this isn't something you're trying to accomplish with a scumlean but he says he's townreading me so i'm not sure why that conversation just happened unless he's trying to get me to unvote him?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:46 pm

In post 834, skitter30 wrote:are you trying to get me to change my mind on you?
Yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:51 pm

In post 836, Blake Belladonna wrote:All it means is that I don't believe that the engagement would happen if you both were town.
Okay... I disagree. Do you have any reasoning or is it just gut feeling?
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:53 pm

99% of my thoughts are gut feelings, my dear.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:56 pm

Fair enough.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 840, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 834, skitter30 wrote:are you trying to get me to change my mind on you?
Yes.
i think the part that was confusing me is that it didn't feel like you were townreading me that strongly so i'm not sure why you were putting in so much effort to get me to change my mind
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Surely you don't think it's only worth it to get someone to townread you if you're already townreading them?

Your read on me seemed to be based on something that was very obviously inaccurate. I don't really care about the effort involved per se; it's just some typing, and it helps me engage better in the game anyway, something we both agree I was lacking. I didn't really care about your alignment, because it's not as if your scumread on me is less of a problem if you're scum. (It might be less solvable, but even then trying to solve it will still produce useful information, hopefully for other people besides just us.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:15 pm

On the one hand, we definitely are derailing the thread now. On the other hand, I still don't understand your reasoning, and I would still like to. It's your call whether you want to continue this conversation or drop it, or maybe come back to it later. I won't fault you for dropping it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 817, Something_Smart wrote:It sounds like you're saying that my thoughts don't divide everyone neatly into a "town" or "scum" box, and that's bad.
S_S, think about what you’re saying here and tell me you seriously think skitt does this
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:18 pm

I don't. That's why I wanted her to explain more because that's what she appeared to be doing.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 827, Blake Belladonna wrote:ingle is town.
Why?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020

Return to “Completed Open Games”