Newbie 617 (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Qman »

Mr. Flay wrote:
caf19 wrote:Whenever Flay promises a post, he fails to deliver. It's quite worrying...
Yeah, what's up with that guy?

:oops: Sorry, site and other duties have been seriously eating my head. No sudden hammer this time.
caf19 wrote:Darla hasn't actually tried to defend herself against my accusations, which is puzzling. I say she needs to die and she doesn't even bat an eyelid? I'm not sure what to make of that, since it isn't helpful for scum to do that either.
The usual reason for that (if the person is scum) is that their partner is on the wagon and they're either prepared to go down for the team, or they believe the partner will jump off if things get any more serious. Since caf is the one asking here, that
leans
toward a Qman partner, but obviously that requires one successful lynch here first. No big data yet, but I want to get as much out there for Qman to reply to before he is replaced (or we lynch him, of course). Qman can you reply to this post when you get a chance?

I'm more intrigued that the Brandi-Darla axis (against me) seems to have morphed into a full-on feud. Distancing or normal townie behavior? Hard to tell in a game this slow (and yes, I take partial blame for that).

I'm disinclined to think Darox is scum at this moment in time. He was too consistently on bazza's case, something newbie scum are often loathe to do. Since they
know
the case is crap, D1 flip-floppers are more likely to be scum than D1 tunnel-visioners.

No real read on clammy at this moment. If pushed to vote, I'd vote Darla, but not without everyone chiming in at least once more first.
What particular part of this do you want me to reply to, just in general or...?

I suspect Darla/mike because mike was very very non-committal, something that armlx say as a cop tell, and i see as newbie power role tell. Darla has been really laid back about getting lynched and doesn't really seem to care. I agree that Darla's apparent lack of concern about getting sturng up is odd, but it's not odd enough to make me unvote her.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Qman »

By the way I can start chiming in from work now, i finally got my phone configured to work on mafiascum after 3 months of talking to verizon. >_<

wooo
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Qman »

it is my intent to post a review on at least one person a day. I will also address any questions directed at me
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Qman wrote:What particular part of this do you want me to reply to, just in general or...?
In general, but I'm confused by your statement "but it's not odd enough to make me unvote her."
Un
vote? Why would nonchalance in the face of pressure be worth an unvote?
Retired as of October 2014.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Darox »

Mr. Flay wrote:Darox, your last post is INCREDIBLY vague. Could you use less pronouns/dangling participles, please? Who is "you" in that first sentence?
My apologies.

I was referring to clammy in the first sentence.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Qman »

oddities tend to have the effect of makng me bounce my vote while I reassess. i find it odd but not.... odd in a way that makes me worried about my vote placement. that was also in part directed at your comment that scum partner hop of the wagon once it doesn't seem safe to be on anymore. I was also trying to be subtle in responding to that point you made without trying to make it look like I wasn't saying "oh yeah? ill show you I won't unvote because you said I might".

by the way, by bouncing my vote I mean stuff like my unvote/vote again later bouncing I did with bazza

posy made on phone. typos and formating suckage
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Brandi »

Man. I have been constantly trying to type out that... while using my cell phone a lot of the time it just doesn't send my messages. So I spend like an hour typing a few paragraphs and its all gone. Sorry if it looks like I've been 'lurking.' I've really just been trying to make posts... stating exactly this and lots of other things too...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, I guess I don't understand, then. You're saying that ALL of your recent posts have been done by cell phone? Maybe I missed something during the days I was absent, but it seems like a very convenient excuse. Now, it's D2 and that means we either lynch scum today or we face LyLo tomorrow. I'm not confident enough (as of yet) to make you today's lynch, but your behavior screams of stalling, and if one of your 'buddies' shows up scum today, you can bet I'll be looking your way tomorrow.

Qman: Makes more sense now.

Darla, we really need you back here to address accusations... you're on the chopping block, and we've heard from almost everyone else.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Brandi »

No today, I have my internet back. Yes all my recent posts have been with my phone. I just got back from TX and am back in NC and I currently haven't slept for 48 hours. You have no idea how frustrated I have been in Texas in the moments I have had riding in the car with my dad when I flip out my cell phone and do my best to see whats been up with this game and end up not being able to do anything. I also got kicked by a horse today and nearly broke my leg right before I went to see the dark knight for the first time. But that is also irrelevant. I just wouldn't want you to think I'm spending all my time not caring about my mafia game. So, Stalling? Nah. But I guess it could seem that way. I'm speaking not really in terms of the game but in regards to my 'inactivity,' in the game. I didn't know that limited access or rather, difficult access was a part of a means of suspicion. You can accuse me of being scum, just don't accuse me of not being dedicated.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Darox »

The annoying thing about Brandi's phone posting is that all her paragraphs about the game get deleted/whatever and all the messages telling us she can't send anything get through.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Brandi »

I agree, it is pretty annoying. What's also annoying is how Darox keeps claiming things to be annoying as if hes trying to use his peeves as valid suspicions. He does that a lot. Anyway, I'll post something content worthy after I've gotten some sleep. My boyfriend is going to kill me cause I told him a few minutes ago I was going to bed, cause he knows I need it.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Darox »

Brandi wrote:What's also annoying is how Darox keeps claiming things to be annoying as if hes trying to use his peeves as valid suspicions.
Wait, what?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ok. If Brandi's posting.content changes now that she's home, I'll accept it.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:48 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Any thing between me and brandi is only cos I almost never get along with girls. I just dont, Its NOTHING personal at you brandi I think you're awesome<3 (and sorry you had to be in the hellishly hot texas 110*F today~ D:)

I do apologize for lack of interest/activity here, its a slow game and I *shame* tend to get a bit bored in slow games where I'm just vanilla. I've not been replaced but I do tend to slow down.

In any case, I will have to read over the qman & darrox posts, but I still cant shake the feeling that Brandi is scum and I know people want me to prove it but I just cant. I get these feelings and 2 out of the 3 times I have I've been right.

*shrug* I know thats not helpful and its not a call to lynch her, but I just feel its my duty to say so. (and so when its end game I can say neener neener neener if I am right. :p)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Brandi »

Ok so first of all I'd like to post my Town/Scum list:

1st most Town - Qman
2nd most Town - Clammy
Nuetral - Mr.Flay
Nuetral - Caf19
Scummy/anti-town - DarlaBlueEyes
Most likely to be scum - Darox

I'd like to refer back to one of Qmans posts here:
Qman pg 26 post subj#618 wrote:The second post (and this really is deep fried in WIFOM) is my personal view when I play scum. I prefer to do the unexpected, and in that situation I would have left armlx alive. He probably wouldn't be *too* hard to get mislynched. It would definitely have discredited him. I work really hard not to be predictable on my NK's as scum.
Qman says he does the unexpected when hes scum, but in actuality I think that the unexpected in which she refers to would have actually been the smart thing to do. If armlx would have lived passed N1 and there still was a NK, scum would have gotten a free lynch out of armlx AND another NK just like that. Seriously, if a claimed Doctor lives while theres no time for a counter claim, theres no way everyone ISN'T going to be on his tail. I also realize what armlx was doing on D1, and it totally makes sense despite the fact that its a bit crazy. I'm sure all of you get the REAL reasons for his strange D1 behavior and how it correlates to him being a doctor. Anyway, my point is, and this is completely WIFOM, but its my personal opinion that whoever is scum or whoever sent in the NK choice hardly gave it any thought at all. I don't think the experienced players would have NKed armlx. So this is one reason why I think that Qman, Clammy, or Mr.Flay most likely are not the scum. Though, I have other major reasons as to why I believe Qman and Clammy to both be completely pro-town. Mr. Flay I am not as sure of....

Anyway, I'd like to add in what I think is some very common sense. The bazza-wagon was MOST DEFINITELY a scum driven wagon. Think about it, The SCUM knew he was innocent. All they had to do was keep pushing bazza and the town would eventually tear him to shreds. Armlx was the one who was pushing the most IMO, but Darox I would say was probably the second most stuck towards lynching him. Clammy was also on Bazza for a while, but he pulled off, and was still mainly interested in Darox. DBE, just kept chiming in with her willingness to lynch him. Mr.Flay is the one that hammered, but after thinking about it, I know that he did it for a very good reason. As for Caf19, well, I'm not so sure. I get a lot of mixed feelings when I read some of his posts. If he turned up scum I wouldn't be TOO surprised, but it would still be a surprise. I've been trying to get an analysis on him and while he seems pretty pro-town my gut tells me I'm probably missing something.

Anyway, even though I've been really keen on lynching Darla for a while, I really feel that Darox would be a better choice. So,
Vote: Darox

Also from your last post Darla, I certainly HOPE that doesn't mean you
want
to be replaced. :? That would be much much much too difficult to do. I mean we already had to get Mister Flay in here. And if you don't want this game to be slow you can post more. ^^
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Darox »

Brandi's last post means both Darla and myself are at L-1, with Mr. Flay holding the deciding vote.

Meanwhile, it's Darox's list.
From most townie to most scummy:
Qman - His play throughout the game has looked solid to me.
Mr. Flay - Similar to Qman, looks to be doing things right.
Clammy - Recent rereads have made me doubt my previous conviction that clammy is scum. Seems slightly dubious in places but comes out on the town side of neutral.
Caf19 - Enigma. Doesn't ever seem to come off overtly town or scum. I would place him as neutral, bordering on slightly scummy.
Brandi - Her arguments and actions end of D1 through to now look off. Moderately scummy.
DarlaBlueEyes - Scummy.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Brandi »

End of D1, looking off because I am suspicious of you, perhaps? ;P
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 am

Post by clammy »

Flay, i draw your attention here:
clammy at 646 wrote:*Jumps into a time-machine*
Darla is scum: Flay suggests Qman could be scum pair.
Flay, what if Darla is innocent?
*jumps out of time-machine*
-------

I'm very thankful that Brandi is back online, given her recent eager sign-ups to minis and newbie replacements i take it she's keen too which is okay with me, so if the content keeps up i'm willing to accept the LA as genuine and move on.

I haven't had a huge read on Darla except that i gather she's quite inexperienced and doesn't always do a good job of picking the right words or arguments and yet we have quite a few calling for her blood, including, from my read, Flay, Brandi and Darox, the two at L-1 and the one with the deciding vote as it stands right now. And yet she has no votes?

The thing that disturbs me about this is that it strikes me that perhaps scum are pushing onto Darla but voting one of the wagons
or
pushing on a wagon and diverting attention from Darla.

Just saying i hope we're not getting a distracted town lynch here. (oh, mostly wanted to bring up the thoughts that are hitting me atm as i think about this game for all to see, do realise i'm all for the Darox lynch)

Also, has Brandi claimed? should she?
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

lol Darrox thanks for trying to get me lynched by putting me as the scummiest, when you know its really YOU who is the scum.

It means the world to me <3
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

clammy wrote:Flay, i draw your attention here:
clammy at 646 wrote:*Jumps into a time-machine*
Darla is scum: Flay suggests Qman could be scum pair.
Flay, what if Darla is innocent?
*jumps out of time-machine*
I actually didn't get that 'scenario' but figured it was because I was tired, so I tried to respond to the rest of your post first. Could you unpack that scene a bit more? Who is jumping in the time machine? Are Darla and I supposed to be scumbuddies, or Qman and Darla? What's the
point
?
clammy wrote:I haven't had a huge read on Darla except that i gather she's quite inexperienced and doesn't always do a good job of picking the right words or arguments and yet we have quite a few calling for her blood, including, from my read, Flay, Brandi and Darox, the two at L-1 and the one with the deciding vote as it stands right now. And yet she has no votes?
Flameaxe on July 22nd wrote:Votecount:

Darla [2] (Caf19, Qman)
That's DarlaBlueEyes. Reading comprehension FTW.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Brandi »

Clammy wrote: Also, has Brandi claimed? should she?
Nope, she sure hasn't! =P I don't really see any reason as to why I
should
, but I have no reasoning as to why I
shouldn't
either.

Who has no votes? Do you mean she isn't voting for anyone? Or are you not talking about Darla at all Clammy? I'm confused. =(

Vote count soon, hopefully... <_<
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Brandi »

Actually nevermind, instead of being lazy I'll do it myself. Pretty much forgot the last vote count was like, a page ago.

Darla [3] (Caf19, Qman, Darox)
Darox [3] (Darla, Clammy, Brandi)

Not Voting [1] (Mr. Flay)
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Qman »

working on a write up oopf our two l-1 people. will be done today
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by clammy »

Apologies guys, clammy shouldn't post at night it seems ;)

So let's try this again.

Flay, my time machine question is roughly translated to:
"So (at the time) you think that Darla scum = Qman scum.
What about if Darla flips town?"

And Brandi, again, apologies about the above, i don't want you claiming, i want to know if Darla has claimed.

Has Darla claimed?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Darla implicitly claimed Vanilla Townie yesterday in post 663 above.

clammy, your time-travel question makes more sense now. If Darla flips town, then her behavior doesn't implicate anyone, of course. It would implicate some of those attacking her, but I don't necessarily want to say more today.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”