Something_Smart, Chemist1422, Pink Ball []

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2020-06-19 09:30:00)

Game Notes:

skitter30 regular v/la Fridays and Saturdays
Last edited by ofrhz on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1048, Firebringer wrote:r u townhunting here? Ur still distant af and it bothers me.
Yes? I have like four townleans.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

you feel more passive and like you're reacting to things rather than trying to set/determine the conversation yourself
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:03 pm

In post 1052, skitter30 wrote:you feel more passive and like you're reacting to things rather than trying to set/determine the conversation yourself
That definitely sounds like warped perception because I can't think of one time in PYP when I tried to set or determine the conversation.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i am getting bored of these meta defenses SS. If ur town ur gonna have to show me some solving or town!u cause so far i aint seeing it
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Of course. But it will be on my own schedule, not yours.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Rude.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i dont' know if i'm explaining it right but in pyp you were very active, had opinions on most things, and you were persuasive, had firm opinions, and tried to to keep everyone on the right track, especially wrt mechanical things

in city you just kinda took the townread and ran and didn't try to like proactively do anything and you just went with the flow

it's like a big rock in middle of a river that determines the water flow (pyp)
vs a rock just floating down the river (city)

and you feel like the latter
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm

I think I get it, but it seems like pretty early to make that determination, especially since there aren't a lot of things to have opinions on and there haven't been any situations that require mechanical guidance.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm not sure if it's too early
the way you're engaging with the thread just lacks the ~presence~ you had in pyp
Show
Hiatus once more.

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

skitter, when did your approach to mafia changed? Your posts looked like this before

--

And now you're like, all about those sweet interactions instead.

--

Is this new, or has it been going on for a while?

--

I'm curious
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

at least a year ago i would say
i kinda wnat to get back into wallposting
Show
Hiatus once more.

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh god no
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1047, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1042, skitter30 wrote:i don't think so
i'm basically basing it off of pyp and city
and i was scum in both so that might be warping my perception
but you feel a lot more like city than pyp
What specifically feels more like City than PYP?
I'm sorry, just to clarify: the recently ended PYP or another one?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Another one

Skitter was scum, I was town
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

one of the ones i kept referencing in the last pyp as me being scum in
Show
Hiatus once more.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

Grazie. I'll be honest S_S, I'm not really going to try to sort you because I'm horrendous at doing so. Instead, I'm probably going to sheep someone who claims proficiency in reading you.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

(i'm not sure i claim proficiency, i only have a sample size of 2)
but it makes me think he's scum nonetheless
Show
Hiatus once more.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

@Mena monster post is preferable as it’s easier to find when I go back over the thread imo.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay, I'm gonna lay my cards on the table before I go to sleep

Town:

Bingle
-- I am still a little iffy, quite frankly, about how he characterised my interaction with Datisi, but it didn't feel like a shitpush looking back at it. There's still some elements in his ISO that make me uneasy, like his hard townread on dats as of . I don't really care about/understand any of the mechanics so I haven't really read any of those posts. I'm hoping some town who's better than me at processing it can double check it, but I also kind of trust him that scum!him doesn't lie about mechanics anyway. He's not wrong that I kind of made up (or at least made up the reasons even if the gut feel was really there). I agree with his take that in a world where he's town, the turkey could be sheeping along with my push. Reading back I'm still personally bugged by the way he seemed at times to be interacting with me in bad faith (see: but after checking that with datisi, S_S) I think it's more likely me being over sensitive because he was calling me scum. If he is scum tho, and his partners aren't exactly (datisi, S_S) then I get to point out that he was, in fact, engaging me in bad faith and you guys should have backed me up. Ahem, I digress. I think the way he's clashing with me makes sense if he has a genuine scumread on me at the time he says he does, I like his shift onto gobbles because it came at a time I was thinking about doing the same thing but he pre-empted me, and honestly I don't think scum!him pushes
me
(knowing how much I hate being shitpushed and how tunnely and hyperposty I can be) for reasons as bad as the ones he gave when he was scumreading me. This may be a little arrogant: I don't care.

Datisi
-- I just feel like she's being honest in her interactions with me. Could she be faking being pissed off (or genuinely pissed off but bc she feels caught for the wrong reasons) at the beginning? Sure. Could she just be overall emotionally manipulating me to make me feel guilty for being uneasy on her? Also very possible. But fuck if this doesn't just feel like town!datisi. I think skitter is right too that her being sort of passive may actually be a towntell, with her not trying too hard to get into the towncore.

Maria
-- called out both gobbles and skitter at times when I was thinking similar things about them being weird and/or scummy. if gobbles and skitter were to flip town then would be worth revisiting as possible pushing things that look optically scummy without being so. But mostly I jam with those reads at the times when they came.

slightly weaker town:

fb
-- I would feel better about this if he actually produced his analyses of 3 players including a faked one. As I'm writing this I'm kind of realising that I don't have as clear reasons for townreading him as I thought and so I've moved him into this weak town category instead of letting him sit with the other three. There's, to an extent, the same thing happening with pure boi -- he's townier than the people at the bottom and there can only be so many scum. If there were a couple of town flips there, he'd definitely be someone to revisit. Overall, I feel this level of presence reminds me of him being town. I am cautious about that too though, as I've never seen scum!him, I don't think. There are bits of solving in ISO that look genuine to me too (see: , , , , ). So, in conclusion: remembered him as town, couldn't put my finger on why, looked at his ISO as part of making this readslist and now feel better about this read again. He'll probably be horrendously offended to be my 4th highest towered.

Townlean:

Blake
-- she really hasn't done enough for me to feel good about her being town but I liked her readslist a lot and it seemed to line up very well with mine. I think her seeing the game that similarly to me is probably enough for me to just leave her here for now. I wouldn't say this is locked in, but I'd feel better if she lynches scum today.

Pure boi
-- idk, he doesn't feel manipulative to me here (not that he ever does so *shrug*). he's mostly in town lean because I do feel positively about him even if it's not for good reasons, and because there are a bunch of slots I feel worse about (and there's only 3 scum). A good place to revisit if 2/3 of my bottom 3 turn up town.

True null:

S_S
-- honestly he felt fine right at the beginning, but I didn't love his re-entry and what he seemed to focus on with his comments. He's someone I read as town when he's not (I've never successfully identified scum!S_S) but also someone liable to being pushed by scum when he's town because of his fairly idiosyncratic style. I'd err town here, honestly, if it weren't for me not liking his reads on the game. On the flip side, is the CW to my favourite take for scum who's being pushed by my top take for scum and another slot I feel uneasy about. Leaving him here for now, not interested in lynching today. Hoping to sheep someone good at reading him.

Scumlean:

skitter30
-- I really don't jam with skitter this game, and that's weird because in the past when we've both been town, we normally do. That being said, I think that mislynching skitter on D1 is basically a wet dream for scum, and so I'm not really interested in lynching here. I find it strange that she can't get to more solid reads given that she has got a conception of what she thinks scum would be doing, and that she won't narrow it down further.

chem
-- I haven't really seen him do anything in line with what I expect from town him. I think dodging and promising content later while being funny is much more in line with scum!chem then town!chem who I think does always try to provide reads even when he's strapped for time or not around or whatever. But being lurky on D1 is not necessarily a scumtell for chem and he often gets mislynched to it. Plausibly scum, but not really an ideal D1, I don't think.

Scum:

lilith2013
-- my weakest scumread of the three, but also I think playing an under-the-radar game while not being actually lurky. I've been intentionally ignoring her at points, and she doesn't really seem bothered by it which is lowkey something I'd expect from someone intersested in solving the game. There's quite a lot of her describing what's happened rather than analysing it imo (see: , ). She's pushing bingle with cover from my push earlier, I think, which also twigs me as off. I think I could be wrong here because I have less experience with her, and I do tend a little towards scumreading those I have less experience with in PLs like this (there's like a brief golden period after 1-2 games played with someone where I feel good about it before I start getting really paranoid about being wrong on them in the future -- see: datisi, Iconeum, ducky). I overall get a strong vibe of her wanting to look like she's doing stuff without really doing stuff. It also pings me mildly that she felt the need to make as I think town that's busy typically just is busy and tends to drop content in when they can rather than excuse their not being able to do so. It's not lockscumable imo, but it is a tell that I've used and had used against me in the past and that in conjunction with the other stuff is enough for her to be in my solve.

PP
-- seems to be flying under the radar and avoiding committing to things, even when directly asked. (see: me asking about bingle) Generally, he reminds me more of when I modded for scum!pinguino, and the overall approach there (do little proactive, be funny and sassy, respond when needed) than times when we've been town together (see: turret's bizarre adventure pt2 where I also think he was more pro-active). Notable that he was the first one to hop off when the turkey got to fake L-1.

turkey
-- when me and gobbles were fighting, he seemed happy to get onboard. His presence has generally been very weak, and he really reminds me here of how he approached his Team Mafia game. He's good enough as scum to fake it to an extent, but not to be excited. I agree with Maria that he lacks the intense conviction in what he's doing that he has when town.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

pureboi, Blake, firebringer, S_S, I would encourage some combination of you to help vote gobbles up to L-1 so we can get a claim, if you agree with my analysis

if not, please clarify why you don't
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1069, Menalque wrote:He'll probably be horrendously offended to be my 4th highest towered.
i am horribly offended im not scum.
Show

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1071, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1069, Menalque wrote:He'll probably be horrendously offended to be my 4th highest towered.
i am horribly offended im not scum.
called it
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Lol. Mena is scum. Shoulda flashwagined him.
<(") | (")>
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Menalque »