notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:45 am

Post by notscience »

no bob gyps newbtown hes been doing stuff like that all game hes obsessed with game theory
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Klick »

I don't have time right now for a big writeup. But there isn't much lost by leaving him alive for now if he's scum, whereas if he's town lynching him would obviously be bad because we'd be losing a strong PR.

Bob is very invested in looking for any possible wagon that isn't Una/gobble.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:48 am

Post by CooLDoG »

VOTE: unvote
gotta think about who we should lynch.
after a wank.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:50 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1126, Klick wrote:I don't have time right now for a big writeup. But there isn't much lost by leaving him alive for now if he's scum, whereas if he's town lynching him would obviously be bad because we'd be losing a strong PR.

Bob is very invested in looking for any possible wagon that isn't Una/gobble.

dont get me wrong. today out of gooble, una and prana count my vote una today.

I feel like its time for gambler fallacy.

But first want to tease wagons got get as much info as possible
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1122, bob3141 wrote:I would want to leave prana till tommorrow and see what he claims his results are.

More flips will leave us better informed of how likely his role is

If he is scum i would rather pick out for today someone who could be his partner
hypothetical situation:

- we don't lynch prana, and mislynch elsewhere
- random townie dies N1 (say me, for example)
- on D2, prana-scum claims he watched some other townie visit me N1
- mislynch townie D2

all of a sudden, you've let scum dodge two mislynches, because the town didn't have the cajones to make a tough choice on D1

~~

the primary utility of an investigation role is that its hidden and can collect results. its been exposed - if it is town, it has little to no value now.

another possibility: what if he's town and scum has a RB and prana claims no results? that would look awfully suspicious on D2 and we end up mislynching then in an ill-fated game of wifom, when we should be dealing with it today.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:51 am

Post by notscience »

In post 957, Klick wrote:
In post 878, notscience wrote:One trend from Cooldog’s gameplay I’ve noticed thus far (149) is it seems very integral on optimal townplay- which is both good and bad. On the one hand it makes his life (if scum) harder, but it allows pretty easy reads to hide behind too.
I feel like CooLDoG is on another planet when it comes to his view of optimal town play. I do feel like his perception of the game is complex enough that it's probably not fake though. His Hoopla read is easy, but some of his peripheral comments have felt genuine (see and my thoughts on it earlier).

I feel like I have the same 'optimal play' criticism of AGar though. And reading further into your read-through you seem to feel the same way. Except I don't see the same depth of play from AGar that I do from CooLDoG.

I don't really understand your Hiraki townread beyond 'I agree with what he's saying a lot'. You mention , but I don't think I agree that that couldn't come from scum. It was approached from a removed perspective similarly to how Hoopla presented it, almost academically, and feels a bit like busy work to me. From someone who has continually said 'why does this matter?' I question why he felt the need to go in-depth at that particular moment. The motives of the post itself were to question why my slot was read as town, which for obvious reasons doesn't inspire me with confidence.

I'd be fine-ish with a Prana wagon starting up. I have problems with the amount of words he's produced versus the actual content he's provided. I do feel like this slot could sort itself given time though, and he's BoP'd himself into giving us more in later days. Bellaphant (my IRL fiancee) plays almost identically to this, so that could be making me give him the benefit of the doubt. But I think there are better options for a lynch today.

I don't agree with your Una townread. Equally, I don't see that much to respond to? This read doesn't feel concrete. I think it's possible that you're seeing 'quirky' and reading 'genuine' into it. It's worth noting that a lot of what you wind up townreading Una for is his interaction with gobble (and I thought I had a point in pointing this out, but I can no longer remember why... Oh well, I'll leave it and maybe you'll get something from it?)

It seems like those are our main points of contention? Neither of us seems to feel super strongly about Battle Mage, though we lean different ways.
I think the difference between cooldog and agar is agar is trying to drag his target to the noose- cooldog is doing it too it just feels like agar does it stronger? I kinda get the periphery comments thing re: CD

Hiraki's early started out how id expect it to if he were town (read: abrassive and ended with a vote on me) and I find myself agreeing a lot more with his thoughts as the game goes on, and the whole "similar thought processes=town"

I still think Una is town and its hard to create a tangible stance regarding it which is why im trying to articulate it different ways because its just one of those things that feels town to me. Not just feels like I really think this game makes a lot more sense to me if hes town. Not to be a turkey, but I do have a condition I will not be talking about that can change this.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:55 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1129, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1122, bob3141 wrote:I would want to leave prana till tommorrow and see what he claims his results are.

More flips will leave us better informed of how likely his role is

If he is scum i would rather pick out for today someone who could be his partner
hypothetical situation:

- we don't lynch prana, and mislynch elsewhere
- random townie dies N1 (say me, for example)
- on D2, prana-scum claims he watched some other townie visit me N1
- mislynch townie D2

all of a sudden, you've let scum dodge two mislynches, because the town didn't have the cajones to make a tough choice on D1

~~

the primary utility of an investigation role is that its hidden and can collect results. its been exposed - if it is town, it has little to no value now.

another possibility: what if he's town and scum has a RB and prana claims no results? that would look awfully suspicious on D2 and we end up mislynching then in an ill-fated game of wifom, when we should be dealing with it today.

but if its town then scum will resolve the slot for us. Scum cant afford not to kill a watcher.

And if its scum it will give us associations
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

people should be judging prana based on how likely a mod is it to give a player a watcher in today's climate vs. how often scum like prana would fakeclaim watcher.

if you think prana would fakeclaim something else, and the claim rings true to you, that's fine. i can work with that.

but i refuse to let the town making decisions out of fear of losing a PR.

~~

IF YOU WANT TO LYNCH SCUM TODAY YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO LYNCH A PR CLAIM. DO YOU THINK IF WE RUN UP SOMEONE ELSE, SCUM WILL JUST ROLL OVER AND CLAIM VT AND LET YOU LYNCH THEM?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:00 am

Post by bob3141 »

prana out of gooble and una. who would you vote for.

AS clearly if you are town then you wouldnt want to get lynched. As you would be confirmed to yourself.

And a vanity vote on hoopla woudl only end in your lynch. So if you were town wouldnt you join a viable wagon
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1125, notscience wrote:no bob gyps newbtown hes been doing stuff like that all game hes obsessed with game theory

ok then if he is newb then i migth have overread him. To often i read into playesr trying to do gambits
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1131, bob3141 wrote:but if its town then scum will resolve the slot for us. Scum cant afford not to kill a watcher.

And if its scum it will give us associations
scum can easily go for an off-the-radar kill N1 if they wanted to frame a town-prana on D2 by leaving him alive.

are you lynching prana no matter what if he's alive d2? him being alive d2 doesn't solve his slot. what if there's a ninja? what if there's a roleblocker? it just means we have to play wifom games on d2 - a day when we should be lynching based off wagons/flips instead.

this is what the d1 lynch is good for.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:02 am

Post by notscience »

He’s the one who started the traitor drama earlier
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

i'm off for a while. someone else can take over the yelling

VOTE: prana
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1132, Hoopla wrote:people should be judging prana based on how likely a mod is it to give a player a watcher in today's climate vs. how often scum like prana would fakeclaim watcher
I literally had a Town Watcher in my Mafia game a month or two ago
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:29 am

Post by notscience »

You know damn well hoopla's not wrong that invest is the BEST thing for scum to claim d1
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Klick »

I really don't care; from a game theory perspective, you don't lynch the strong PR D1 because there's little to gain if they're scum, but there's plenty to lose if they're town.

We lynch someone that looks scummy, and even if Prana is scum and fakes a guilty like under Hoopla's theory, we basically are choosing who looks scummier between Prana and his guilty.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:12 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1132, Hoopla wrote:IF YOU WANT TO LYNCH SCUM TODAY YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO LYNCH A PR CLAIM. DO YOU THINK IF WE RUN UP SOMEONE ELSE, SCUM WILL JUST ROLL OVER AND CLAIM VT AND LET YOU LYNCH THEM?
literal scum.

VOTE: hoopla
after a wank.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am

Post by notscience »

:facepalm:
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

CD hoopla isn't happening today, please try again
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

yeah, d2 Iam vote parking on hoop. "let's lynch a power role d1"

fantastic ideas, how are ya'll not just insta lynching that?

VOTE: una.

fuck ya'll for being dumb and wanting to lynch power roles on d fucking one. fan fucking tastic. If hoopla is town, she is advocating the worst possible strat for town on d1.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:11 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I would rather no lynch than lynch an uncc'd power role on d1. Fuck ya'll not gonna do it. I do not care if deadline in 30 seconds away. SOmoeone else do the hammer. DOn't look for me to do it.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:12 am

Post by CooLDoG »

also, note how hoopla is incorrectly saying that unreverled investigative roles do nothing. Terrible. That just isn't true.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

it's literally, "let's lynch the fucking cop, because fuck it, I'm scum"
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:14 am

Post by CooLDoG »

that is actually what is happening. GO for it. Dumb, town is so dumb for falling for this. Like actually degenerate stupid.
after a wank.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:15 am

Post by notscience »

Note to self if I’m ever scum against cooldog claim pr day 1 and let him be my rabid attack dog
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”