Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 am

Post by osuka »

In post 171, NorwegianboyEE wrote:My disappointment with half this playerlist is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 144, Looker wrote:Do you feel we have a legitimate claim 7 pages in?
I don't think there is a rule that you can't claim within 7 pages...

What do YOU think about the claim? Do you believe they are millar?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:29 am

In post 147, mavsfan41 wrote:So I haven’t fully finished the read but wanted to comment about LicketyQuickety going after the miller/mason claim. In 84, you mention the two possibilities for going after Truth’s claim. I would argue it’s #1 and he’s new vs #2. Post 52 should tell you that. Truth saying he has his mason buddies coming forward to verify his claim, that would look horrible coming from scum. If scum!Truth is fake claiming miller/mason then his buddies would be scum. To 1) be scum and suggest his partners will verify his claim is one helluva gambit if ANYONE of them were to be lynched, you could easily link them together 2) to not know how that would sound saying he has buddies coming forward with players being skeptical of his claim and not being aware of the optics of this. This tells me that he hasn’t even considered how scummy it would be to say “hey guys. I have a private chat and will show guilty to a cop’s investigation, but don’t worry cause I’ve got people in that private chat to verify I’m town.” That sounds scummy af and Truth seems to just not have even considered the optics. Basically his 52 reads to me like someone being like I’m confirmed town cause my buddies will back me up without even considering scum could make the same exact claim with scum buddies backing that fake claim up. As of right now, I hafta accept his claim here (at least for now).
There's one problem with this...

In hoods, it's extremely common for there to be at least one Scum in the hood. That's pretty par for the course.

popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:30 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 177, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 147, mavsfan41 wrote:So I haven’t fully finished the read but wanted to comment about LicketyQuickety going after the miller/mason claim. In 84, you mention the two possibilities for going after Truth’s claim. I would argue it’s #1 and he’s new vs #2. Post 52 should tell you that. Truth saying he has his mason buddies coming forward to verify his claim, that would look horrible coming from scum. If scum!Truth is fake claiming miller/mason then his buddies would be scum. To 1) be scum and suggest his partners will verify his claim is one helluva gambit if ANYONE of them were to be lynched, you could easily link them together 2) to not know how that would sound saying he has buddies coming forward with players being skeptical of his claim and not being aware of the optics of this. This tells me that he hasn’t even considered how scummy it would be to say “hey guys. I have a private chat and will show guilty to a cop’s investigation, but don’t worry cause I’ve got people in that private chat to verify I’m town.” That sounds scummy af and Truth seems to just not have even considered the optics. Basically his 52 reads to me like someone being like I’m confirmed town cause my buddies will back me up without even considering scum could make the same exact claim with scum buddies backing that fake claim up. As of right now, I hafta accept his claim here (at least for now).

In hoods, it's extremely common for there to be at least one Scum in the hood. That's pretty par for the course.
we just played in a game with a 3 town hood
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:32 am

In post 178, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 177, LicketyQuickety wrote:

we just played in a game with a 3 town hood
Yeah, I said it was common, not a hard and fast rule. But I think you are kinda neglecting the general rule that most of the time hoods have at least one Scum in them. That actually seems to be the baseline for hood. Given that, ofc there are going to be adaptations from that. That doesn't make the general rule go away, however.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 178, popopopopopopo wrote:we just played in a game with a 3 town hood
Yeah but that was an rare exception.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If Truth is actually an neighbor and lied about being mason then i would get really suspicious of them just saying.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:42 am

In post 181, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Truth is actually an neighbor and lied about being mason then i would get really suspicious of them just saying.
There is some truth to the fact Truth is new. That much is clear. It's just a question of how much do they actually know that's the problem. Claiming millar D1 is the correct play, so as far as that goes, if he IS millar, he made the right play. However, that would demonstrate a bit of familiarity with site meta, which would mean he isn't new. That would complicate things immensely. Still, the "right play" is to pressure the millar claim and evaluate them based on play and not just the claim.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:57 am

In post 144, Looker wrote:
In post 19, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Popopo. You will be my voting slave
Spoiler:
In post 132, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 131, NorwegianboyEE wrote:More than 2 masons in a mini setup sounds implausible. A hood would be more likely for that.
Truth has all but admitted it's a hood. It's a hood until proven otherwise.
Do you feel we have a legitimate claim 7 pages in?
In post 140, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Do you think Truth is telling the truth about his role?
Why are you trying to avoid RVS?

VOTE: LicketyQuickety Consider it a reward for your...effort
I kinda don't like this post.

-Apathy
-laziness
-voting for no reason

Don't like anything about this post actually.

Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Truth »

Goddammit, I suck. All this discussion about me is a waste of time because I am not mafia. I'm sorry for leading town down this route because it just helps mafia hide behind this. I regret claiming.
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Truth »

Could I suggest we move on from this discussion for now and pretend it didn't happen?

As for the arguments to not no lynch, my thinking was that people usually no lynch on even numbers because it makes no difference in the number of lynches left and gives our roles more information. Since we will likely go to even numbers at some point this game due to a doctor saving me or my buddies, why not no lynch on the first day?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 185, Truth wrote:Since we will likely go to even numbers at some point this game due to a doctor saving me or my buddies,
We don’t even know this game has a doctor. Or investigative for that matter. Stop being so backwards and learn to play mafia. You signed up to a normal, not a newbie game. Shit’s serious here. We vote scumfucks out of the game and depend on analyzis. PR’s are just tools that sometimes help and sometimes fuck town over. We are not going to depend on them today. Is that understood? Now tell me your reads and vote a scummy player or i will policy lynch both you and your no lynching friend for screwing this game.

- Bunno
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:34 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

Thank u norwe
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:15 am

Post by osuka »

In post 184, Truth wrote:Goddammit, I suck. All this discussion about me is a waste of time because I am not mafia. I'm sorry for leading town down this route because it just helps mafia hide behind this. I regret claiming.
lamist

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:18 am

Post by osuka »

In post 185, Truth wrote:Could I suggest we move on from this discussion for now and pretend it didn't happen?

As for the arguments to not no lynch, my thinking was that people usually no lynch on even numbers because it makes no difference in the number of lynches left and gives our roles more information. Since we will likely go to even numbers at some point this game due to a doctor saving me or my buddies, why not no lynch on the first day?
omegalul what planet do you live on? NL is almost universally bad unless you're in mylo

you're literally going to give me an aneurysm if you keep talking about the game, you, and your buddies the way you are. it's giving me an almost unbearable urge to put my head through the wall

there's also zero guarantee that there is only one killing role. that means no vig, no neutral-aligned killer, and no multiball (though this last one is pretty unlikely)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:18 am

Post by osuka »

In post 186, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 185, Truth wrote:Since we will likely go to even numbers at some point this game due to a doctor saving me or my buddies,
We don’t even know this game has a doctor. Or investigative for that matter. Stop being so backwards and learn to play mafia. You signed up to a normal, not a newbie game. Shit’s serious here. We vote scumfucks out of the game and depend on analyzis. PR’s are just tools that sometimes help and sometimes fuck town over. We are not going to depend on them today. Is that understood? Now tell me your reads and vote a scummy player or i will policy lynch both you and your no lynching friend for screwing this game.
i think i love you

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:34 am

In post 189, osuka wrote:
In post 185, Truth wrote:Could I suggest we move on from this discussion for now and pretend it didn't happen?

omegalul what planet do you live on? NL is almost universally bad unless you're in mylo

you're literally going to give me an aneurysm if you keep talking about the game, you, and your buddies the way you are. it's giving me an almost unbearable urge to put my head through the wall

there's also zero guarantee that there is only one killing role. that means no vig, no neutral-aligned killer, and no multiball (though this last one is pretty unlikely)
This is kinda Scummy.

It seems OTT.

It also seems like you are not doing anything at all except complaining about how bad Truth is playing. I haven't really seen you do any Scum hunting. Your completely focussed on the claim and nothing else. Don't like this look from you. If you are as smart as you think you are, you would just ignore Truth and hunt elsewhere.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Now i’m gonna sound like a noob, but what’s OTT?

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am

In post 192, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Now i’m gonna sound like a noob, but what’s OTT?
Over the top.

Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Truth »

Well, does anyone have any strong feelings of mafia from any other players? I would be fine with lynching but it doesn't seem like anyone has any leads.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:03 pm

In post 194, Truth wrote:Well, does anyone have any strong feelings of mafia from any other players? I would be fine with lynching but it doesn't seem like anyone has any leads.
I've pushed like 3-4 people besides you. Given I was the first person to question your claim, I would sorta hope that you would have picked up on that.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 191, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 189, osuka wrote:

This is kinda Scummy.

It seems OTT.

It also seems like you are not doing anything at all except complaining about how bad Truth is playing. I haven't really seen you do any Scum hunting. Your completely focussed on the claim and nothing else. Don't like this look from you. If you are as smart as you think you are, you would just ignore Truth and hunt elsewhere.
theres really not that much content from other players, but i'm taking notes here and i just don't have a lot to go off of in terms of a good scumread. so far most of what ive seen it's entirely possible that i'm not dealing with scum - it could just be particularly dense town.

Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Truth »

In post 195, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 194, Truth wrote:Well, does anyone have any strong feelings of mafia from any other players? I would be fine with lynching but it doesn't seem like anyone has any leads.
I've pushed like 3-4 people besides you. Given I was the first person to question your claim, I would sorta hope that you would have picked up on that.
Who are these 3-4?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 pm

In post 197, Truth wrote:
Who are these 3-4?
GL, Lucky, Osuka. Are you even reading or what?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:13 pm

In post 198, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 197, Truth wrote:
Who are these 3-4?
GL, Looker, Osuka. Are you even reading or what?
EBWOP

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”