micro 951 mystery box of silver gnine: well we're done here.

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hari
hari
idk it she
Townie
hari
idk it she
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: idk it she

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by hari »

In post 324, Fishy Logic wrote:the knife thing sounds like an asspull
so the most sense i can make of the knife thing is that it is related to this (which was referenced by your opening post though later explained by you as having to do with a doctor, i believe):
In post 1, schadd_ wrote:no one will have a degree in psychology, though this does not stop them from practicing it.
since a psychologist in mafia terms is an investigative role that determines a players ability to kill,

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Psychologist

and the knife could possibly not grant the ability to kill but still return false positives? or possibly it is said to grant the ability to kill but someone practicing psychology investigating them would find that they actually could not?

the knife is a weird claim for bugspray to have wholly invented, but i don't know if it's town indicative.
i don't know myself. i don't remember. when i close my eyes i can't recall my face. and you? do you know yourself?
hari
hari
idk it she
Townie
hari
idk it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by hari »

the no degree bit is making me think that if there is someone with a psychologist-esque ability that they can't trust their results and the purpose of the knife could also be a way for them to learn this, in which case it makes sense that the gifting of something like that would be public during the day.
i don't know myself. i don't remember. when i close my eyes i can't recall my face. and you? do you know yourself?
Fishy Logic
Fishy Logic
Goon
Fishy Logic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Fishy Logic »

now that you say it like that, it reminded me that schadd_ sometimes has rules like these in his games:
In post 1, schadd_ wrote: nobody will be a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor. (cops are possible)
it doesn't really do anything to change my mind, however. it being completely made up or only half made up is irrelevant to me. from my point of view, i really do not think they're town.

-D
hari
hari
idk it she
Townie
hari
idk it she
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by hari »

In post 327, Fishy Logic wrote:from my point of view, i really do not think they're town.
if the knife exists and actually grants the ability to kill, it seems it would likely be a mafia claim that was also restricted to only being given to town or something like that, which is potentially an alternative explanation for the failure of the gift beyond 'i didn't say end of day' since that bit really stands out to me.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by bugspray »

would like to have content from hellbooks and hari on this blessed day 1
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by bugspray »

What why didn't I get pedited hello Hari

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by votato »

In post 329, bugspray wrote:would like to have content from hellbooks and hari on this blessed day 1
in this game you must know that its day 2.

hot take: scum team is fish and bugspray, this is a strange gambit to deepwolf, and the "knife" is either a scum ability or just their factional kill.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 329, bugspray wrote:would like to have content from hellbooks and hari on this blessed day 1
YA? what's up?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by votato »

In post 332, hellbooks wrote:
YA? what's up?
any reads? thoughts? some content at least?
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 282, Olórin wrote:Btw, I read day 1 and was strongly townreading you and scumleaning Fishy.
i am like townreading both
In post 294, Fishy Logic wrote:
In post 288, bugspray wrote:I'm commuter with a knife and i apparently used incorrect phrasing when trying to give it to fishy logic so that's why you didn't get to stab anyone
yeah it's either a terrible lie or a terrible truth i'm inclined towards the former
In post 298, Fishy Logic wrote:Also, looks like Scum!Vota knew that Bugs wasnt making it out of the day alive already and is bussing, so we appreciate that!
real talk: kinda into this theory
In post 308, bugspray wrote:UGH you should read my personal pt after this game and see that im 100% telling the truth about this knife thing and i basically only used it wrong. just be ready to be mad when you're stuck in lylo tomorrow
hate this kinda thing but unfortunately it kinda works on me that being said you did like, make two major mistakes
In post 311, bugspray wrote:hell books was not posting like at all so might have just been lurking scum
i literally was and also you kind of cut it short there
In post 322, Olórin wrote:I actually read bugspray's tone as town here. But the hammer and claim is leaving me at a loss.
i guess i'm about here
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 325, hari wrote:
In post 324, Fishy Logic wrote:the knife thing sounds like an asspull
so the most sense i can make of the knife thing is that it is related to this (which was referenced by your opening post though later explained by you as having to do with a doctor, i believe):
In post 1, schadd_ wrote:no one will have a degree in psychology, though this does not stop them from practicing it.
since a psychologist in mafia terms is an investigative role that determines a players ability to kill,

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Psychologist

and the knife could possibly not grant the ability to kill but still return false positives? or possibly it is said to grant the ability to kill but someone practicing psychology investigating them would find that they actually could not?

the knife is a weird claim for bugspray to have wholly invented, but i don't know if it's town indicative.
i dont think that setup clues will be in the ruleset.
definitely would like something beyond setup spec from you
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by hellbooks »

if bugspray ends up being town i'd be primarily sus of skitz and votato
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by votato »

In post 336, hellbooks wrote:if bugspray ends up being town i'd be primarily sus of skitz and votato
and since the two of us are super townie, bugs has to be scum. hellbooks is totally a viable partner.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by votato »

that was an incredibly bland catchup
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by hellbooks »

Spoiler: response option 1
i'm an incredibly bland person

Spoiler: response option 2
how this for bland ALL OF THOSE POSTS ARE FUCKING GARBAGE AND YOU'RE CONFIRMED SCUM!!!
gladiate: votato

dayvig: votato

dayvig: bugspray
Olórin
Olórin
Townie
Olórin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Olórin »

How many times can you commute, bugspray?

What's the actual name of your role?
Hectic
Olórin
Olórin
Townie
Olórin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:48 am

Post by Olórin »

I'm liking votato for scum here. I associate this aggressive in your face kind of play with scum!votato.
In post 333, votato wrote:
In post 332, hellbooks wrote:
YA? what's up?
any reads? thoughts? some content at least?
In post 338, votato wrote:that was an incredibly bland catchup
Hectic
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:47 am

Post by votato »

Yeah but how many times have you actually seen town!votato? I think i know who you are and i think im generally scum in our past games in the one game i can think of where i was town i was very aggressive. You were scum though, so maybe you didn't pick up on it
Olórin
Olórin
Townie
Olórin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Olórin »

Perhaps.

However, my identity is a well guarded secret and I sincerely doubt anyone here knows who this wizard is.
Hectic
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am

Post by votato »

does this wizard sometimes ride around on a broom?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 340, Olórin wrote:How many times can you commute, bugspray?

What's the actual name of your role?
as many times as i want so its gonna be every time to dodge that nk and also not get stabbed

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am

Post by bugspray »

oh and my role is literally commuter with a knife

Olórin
Olórin
Townie
Olórin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Olórin »

In post 344, votato wrote:does this wizard sometimes ride around on a broom?
Hectic
Olórin
Olórin
Townie
Olórin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Olórin »

Am I crazy for believing bugspray here? Maybe I've gone senile over my years but I'm buying what they're saying and their tone reads as sincere.

I don't like skitter's leave of absence from this specific game and am not a fan of this post:
In post 318, skitter30 wrote:I'm not super thrilled with how the day ended and tbh it kinda jarred me out of the gamestate and i feel ~unmoored~ rn

Off the cuff things i wanna say:
- dat's long post responding to every post on p1 felt townie, but his other posts i dont townread and i actively scumread formerfish, in particular his spat with nahdia
- @dats you have experience with bugspray, you said? What do you think of the hammer/knife thing?
- i still townread votato, and dislike fish's push on him
- i cant tell if bugspray is scum or trolling

vla for a bit, i'm not feeling super great :/
The first line doesn't do it for me. It feels like a good excuse to semi-lurk out the game and I think I've seen something similar from skitter!scum before. The City Never Sleeps game after acryon was lynched. Correct me if I'm wrong, skitter.

Also, why can bugspray only be scum or trolling? Why can't the claim be legitimate?
Hectic
Olórin
Olórin
Townie
Olórin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Olórin »

In post 328, hari wrote:
In post 327, Fishy Logic wrote:from my point of view, i really do not think they're town.
if the knife exists and actually grants the ability to kill, it seems it would likely be a mafia claim that was also restricted to only being given to town or something like that, which is potentially an alternative explanation for the failure of the gift beyond 'i didn't say end of day' since that bit really stands out to me.
How would that work? If this is true, wouldn't it be compulsive to hand out the knife, since otherwise mafia should just not hand it out?

The interesting thing about this knife, is that if real, can very easily put town into mylo on day 2. It's also extremely swingy and overall anti-town, since giving it to mafia guarentees they're shooting town. While, if you give it to town, they
might
shoot scum instead of town. It's actually kinda just bad and you shouldn't be handing it out. Which makes me think it's less likely to exist because that would be poor balance/design. Unless I'm missing something and town do want it handed out and used for some reason? Oh, I suppose you could all agree on the target in the day beforehand, so if you do hand it to mafia, shooting someone who isn't the agreed target would be a scumclaim. But even then, all you're doing is using the knife kill as one of your lynches, since you go to even numbers. So I don't get it.

If there's another role out there which makes this knife claim make sense, it might actually be worth claiming to validate bugspray's claim. Because currently, I read their tone as town, but the claim just doesn't make any sense.

Hectic

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”