Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1358, notscience wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 680, Malakittens wrote:
In post 661, bob3141 wrote:
In post 641, Malakittens wrote:I hate to say it but I’m still ok with a Dunn lynch. As much as I didn’t like BM’s posts.. the SG flop is going to be a turn off right now in terms of voting there until I sort that out. Gera is off the table for today, but note I’m not sold on him being scum
Or town. He’s really null for me; the same with NM.

My gut feeling is that dun is town. As i just can't see scum blatantly making blank votes on a player claiming to scum read him and the other going wagon. It feels too blatant for scum. Would have thought that if he is scum then he would have tried dressing it up, instead he simply posts a series of quotes and doesn't say why they lead him to scum reading not mafia.

Would scum real vote for someone when their last comment on that player was that he had in fact had no read on them. If he was scum i would have expected something along the lines of something between a few short sentences to several paragraphs.
I can totally see scum making blank votes. The fact he’s being cyrpitc and won’t explain his votes makes me think there’s no case to begin with and he’s hiding behind blank votes.
In post 681, Dunnstral wrote:My case is that his posts suck and he has no reason for his vote in the first place
In post 683, notscience wrote:Beetle juice
I stand corrected.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Vote Count 1.17

Porkens (4):
bob3141, votato, Green Crayons, stungun0404
Dunnstral (3):
DoctorPepper, Porkens, Malakittens
votato (2):
Not_Mafia, farside22
HK 50(1):
Dunnstral
notscience (1):
geraintm
stungun0404 (1):
HK 50
Not voting (1):
notscience

Mod Notes:

Majority is 7 players.

Day 1 has begun and will end in (expired on 2020-06-25 21:18:29).[/area]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1399, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1368, Porkens wrote:This is (was) farside’s town game and you are trying to compare her to Dunn. These pieces don’t go together.
I'm saying your suspicions of Dunn (voting HK as a vanity cw) are equally applicable to farside (voting GC as a vanity cw).

I'm not making the point to say you should read farside as scum.

I'm making the point because--as you read farside as town--it suggests your suspicion of Dunn on this basis manufactured rather than legitimate.
I understood your point but you missed mine. It’s about context. Farside was not a serious lynch possibility, and a vote on you aligns with a going theory. Dunn was, at that time, a candidate for lynch and there’s no steam (or good reason) to lynch HK.

WHY do you write about yourself in the third person?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1402, Porkens wrote:I understood your point but you missed mine. It’s about context. Farside was not a serious lynch possibility, and a vote on you aligns with a going theory. Dunn was, at that time, a candidate for lynch and there’s no steam (or good reason) to lynch HK.
I don't understand what you're saying.

You think farside is town. Why are you saying that she is "not a serious lynch possibility"?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1402, Porkens wrote:WHY do you write about yourself in the third person?
When the conversation is about players interacting or moving about like pieces on the board, I sometimes think it's easier to keep track of who is doing what by just listing out names including my own.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1403, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1402, Porkens wrote:I understood your point but you missed mine. It’s about context. Farside was not a serious lynch possibility, and a vote on you aligns with a going theory. Dunn was, at that time, a candidate for lynch and there’s no steam (or good reason) to lynch HK.

You think farside is town. Why are you saying that she is "not a serious lynch possibility"?
Oh I see, this isn't coming from your perspective about who is a good lynch candidate. You're speaking from the perspective of farside and Dunn.

How is going for a vanity bw AI depending on the pressure on that person pushing for the bw?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Pork, what are your thoughts about Mala?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:51 am

Post by votato »

In post 1393, farside22 wrote:
In post 1340, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 1336, farside22 wrote:Yeah im not dealing with any more assholes
mod replace me.
farside, is there any way you can at least gut out the rest of this day phase? I only ask this because it's got 22 hours left, and we've already had the time extended 3 times, which is more than enough, and I sincerely don't want it to happen again.

If not, I understand, but it would just make things easier if we don't have to pause the game until night time searching for a replacement, and allowing the replacement to catch up during the night phase is also optimal.
Well the mod doesn't take in thread replacements apparently. So I will stay for the day leave at night phase.
Already went through a game like this and I don't need another like it.
I would think Dunn would have more to say. This game play is reminding me less and less of animal upick. His attack on pork reads pretty fake.
Still not trusting votato. He hasn't explained well or at all the response ns meta is town. I might actually agree with sg that ns is being pocketed but idk because my feelings on the spot are negative.
In thread replacements are against site rules. Discussing replacing out in thread is too
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:53 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1190, Porkens wrote:My pool is a mix of three factors:

Ger+stun circa
Stun+Dunn+vot circa (targeting GC)
Bob circa the first 30pages not expressing one firm read then calling Dunn town. Also votato and stun both have bob town.
273 and 274? Really, that's what ypive got?

Sorry for absence, wife's birthday here and hottest day of the year
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:53 am

Post by votato »

In post 1396, farside22 wrote:
In post 1394, notscience wrote:Farside did you read the quotes from him re me/Dunn? It’s literally all rvs and then one mid game post I legitimately don’t know where he got the pocketed thing from. The only other time before recently when I was townreading him was when I called him out for beetlejuicing and he never even responded to me.
I only read the private message. After that I didn't really want to read much else. TBF I just felt best not to interact with you.
I don't see Dunn as pocketing anyone to be frank, I don't even know what is reads are at this point. He's been more active in games (at least he was in Animal Upick) so his lurking and providing nothing new this close to deadline reads more scummy to me.
who is sending private messages?
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:57 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1191, bob3141 wrote:
Germa we are at the eleventh hour of the day. With no lynch approaching and yet you are still on your vanity vote. You keep saying shogun is wrong but who do you think is the best lynch today. Because as it stands we are a poaching the deadline and porkens is the lead lynch. Followed by dun and green.

Do you see a no lynch as better than lynching Porkens?

As if you are town that what your lack of anything but vanity vote is contributing too.

As most of your posts have been about how you don't like shoguns pushes but you have not come up with any of your own. So who do you want to lynch today? That is a realistic prospect.
Yeah , I do think no lynch is better than a bad lynch. Odds for town tomorrow are better at 9/12 than 8/11
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Porkens »

How much interest was there to lynch her when she voted HK?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:58 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1197, Porkens wrote:
In post 1173, stungun0404 wrote:Hmm, one more thought I'd like to put out there right now.

I think it is highly unlikely scum is aiding us towards a lynch right now given that the wagon of Porkens has only 3 votes, and I think if they were really pushing someone, there would be a majority with more than 3 votes right now.

Thus, it is highly unlikely there is more than one scum on the Porkens lynch right now, and if I am reading this right they may all be town (Mala, bob, Vot? (still have a slight question mark there, but this does provide a little reason to believe he is town).
Funny, I count three scum on my wagon :twisted:
3 does not equal 3
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:59 am

Post by votato »

Farside like i said my experience with you is different. It was longer ago and i feel like you are a tougher read
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1408, geraintm wrote:
In post 1190, Porkens wrote:My pool is a mix of three factors:

Ger+stun circa
Stun+Dunn+vot circa (targeting GC)
Bob circa the first 30pages not expressing one firm read then calling Dunn town. Also votato and stun both have bob town.
273 and 274? Really, that's what ypive got?

Sorry for absence, wife's birthday here and hottest day of the year
This is so dismissive. What’s wrong with the case? Can you articulate in words? Can you point out where you have put in more analysis?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:01 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1216, votato wrote:this day has dragged on far too long. it needs to end so we can get some flips and move past day 1. i really dont care who we lynch all that much at this point.

Quoting this for no reason
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:04 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1239, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1237, Green Crayons wrote:i like Porkens posting
I do think his flip would be very informative associative wise, though.
Well...this is a bad reason to lynch someone day 1
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1410, geraintm wrote:Yeah , I do think no lynch is better than a bad lynch. Odds for town tomorrow are better at 9/12 than 8/11
Wait.

What the actual hell?

Not only should you know better that no lynches are bad,

but also a no lynch
would specifically undermine your ability to be productive
, as you have said your bad/lazy in D1 because there is no flip to work off of.

If we no lynch, then there's no flip for D2. And you're going to be just as bad.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I am shook rn.

I was reading gerain as townlean but that no lynch suggestion is scummy as hell
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1405, Green Crayons wrote:

Oh I see, this isn't coming from your perspective about who is a good lynch candidate. You're speaking from the perspective of farside and Dunn.

How is going for a vanity bw AI depending on the pressure on that person pushing for the bw?
Sorry didn’t see this before I responded previously.

Its the context that is AI. Dunn was parking his vote on a nogo wagon at a time when he was under scrutiny. That’s a “safe” vote, right?

Farside wasn’t voting GC to be “safe”
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 252, geraintm wrote:I have nothing at the moment. day 1 people talk but it doesn't mean anything. votes are the important thing and there just haven't been many so far. I'm very much the type of person who looks at people's voting patterns and trying to either spot inconsistencies or really, really bad logic used to justify them

when I say you all do you, it is just me saying I don't have the mental capacity to argue over perceived slights, misunderstandings or whatever
In post 271, geraintm wrote:DAy 1 means little at the time. on later days of the game there might be useful info.
you may well be able to catch scum teams on day 1, I am not that good a player to do that. as I said, you all do you but for me, Day 1 is just weird until some wagons form and I can see who is on them and who isn't.
In post 537, geraintm wrote:
In post 535, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 533, stungun0404 wrote:in the corresponding scum slot
Also, I cannot express enough how bad it is to try to fill up scum team slots in D1. Associative suspicions are practically worthless in D1 without flips.
I like this post
Okay looking back at your ISO, I see you never explicitly said that you needed flips to be productive.

But "needing wagons" + agreeing that pre-flip associative suspicion cases are bad = wanting a flip to start getting to work, in my mind.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:11 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1265, Not_Mafia wrote:Scratchings is Prokens and votato is Maris, for obvious reasons
Not obvious to me. Not helpful.reading a thread
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1419, Porkens wrote:Its the context that is AI. Dunn was parking his vote on a nogo wagon at a time when he was under scrutiny. That’s a “safe” vote, right?
I don't see how a scum under pressure is more inclined to vote someone that's not going to get traction (what's the benefit? people think it's *so* bland that it's town?), rather than voting for someone who will get traction (benefit being pressure shifting away).
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:12 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1294, notscience wrote:Mala I’ll sheep you if you’re confident just give me a shout
Posts like this move people from the town side to non town
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1323, stungun0404 wrote:My current vote is useless right now, hmm where do I put it?

Why should I vote Votato?
For someone so sure of all their reads, to give up like this and wanting to be led to a lynch....
Bad

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”