Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1243, Blair wrote:I think you will find it difficult to demonstrate from my ISO that I am advocating for shortening the day.

I am advocating for narrowing our lynch pool and rolling our sleeves up to get serious about who we are going to lynch today, because these things take time and it's usually good practice for town to have a pretty good idea of who the lynch will be between by this point in the day.

Blair I thought you would know by now that we don't engage with Quick, we just sort him by his crackpot theories and pat him on the head
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by Nauci »

As of like 15 pages ago I felt very confident that GL is town and somewhat confident that Osuka is scum

Did any major developments happen which indicate otherwise
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1326, Nauci wrote:As of like 15 pages ago I felt very confident that GL is town and somewhat confident that Osuka is scum

Nah i think i've gotten to that point too. The blowback on this wagon also makes me wonder if we hit the nail on the head and scum is trying to stop it from happening.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1186, Truth wrote:
Spoiler:

It would make sense to me if there was 2 mafia from po going down, and 1 in the top 6.
So osuka and po and Looker for example. I think mafia usually say less and don't put themselves in the limelight but usually they need a leader. If I'm wrong, it could instead be Nauci and Glitch and mavsfan for example.
But how do you take into account players that have low post-counts throughout all games? Do people who don't spam roll scum in every game? Does having a life and responsibilities make me permanent mafia?

• I don't think town-telling or town "spewing" is possible without mechanical info. I'm coming to believe it's just a buzzword for justifying paranoia.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 1.13
Frantz Fanon (1925-1961) was a French West Indian Marxist and postcolonial theorist.
He examined double consciousness and colonial alienation on his home island of Martinique.

LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

osuka
(5): GuiltyLion, Cat Scratch Fever, NorwegianboyEE, Truth, Nauci
Cat Scratch Fever
(2): popopopopopopo, Glitch
GuiltyLion
(2): Looker, Blair
NDMath
(1): mavsfan41
Blair
(1): LicketyQuickety
Glitch
(1): NDMath

Not Voting
(1): osuka

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-01 18:16:10).

Mod notes:
  • :D
[/area]
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 am

Post by Truth »

In post 1328, Looker wrote:
In post 1186, Truth wrote:
Spoiler:

It would make sense to me if there was 2 mafia from po going down, and 1 in the top 6.
So osuka and po and Looker for example. I think mafia usually say less and don't put themselves in the limelight but usually they need a leader. If I'm wrong, it could instead be Nauci and Glitch and mavsfan for example.
But how do you take into account players that have low post-counts throughout all games? Do people who don't spam roll scum in every game? Does having a life and responsibilities make me permanent mafia?

• I don't think town-telling or town "spewing" is possible without mechanical info. I'm coming to believe it's just a buzzword for justifying paranoia.
It would in that case be useful to look across people's games and compare who is posting more or less than average on Day 1. Should we try it? In alphabetical order, I could look for the top 3 people if you look for the next 3. mavsfan for the next 3. GuiltyLion for the next 3, and NorwegianboyEE for the final 1.

I think more people should be voting for osuka, and other mafia may be trying to distract us from him.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1330, Truth wrote:It would in that case be useful to look across people's games and compare who is posting more or less than average on Day 1. Should we try it? In alphabetical order, I could look for the top 3 people if you look for the next 3. mavsfan for the next 3. GuiltyLion for the next 3, and NorwegianboyEE for the final 1.
What do you mean at the end there?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

I gave up trying to make sense of truths posts 40 pages ago
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Truth »

To see if people have posted more or less than they usually have during Day 1.
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Truth »

In post 1276, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1260, Blair wrote:What makes you think I care if you vote me right now?

Stop trying to start a flame war. Anyone who believes I haven't responded to what you're saying only needs to scroll up. I have been abundantly clear that I think the osuka wagon is on town and spooled up suspiciously quickly, the NDMath wagon is reasonable, and CSF is likely scum.

Norwe I still lean town on, but his role in the osuka wagon gives me pause.

Quick is probably town but definitely not playing to his win condition at the moment, he has some axe to grind and that's fine but I'm done with him until something relevant comes up because his replies to me are 10% content 90% personal attacks. And that's being generous.
GLITCH!!!

You said NOTHING about GLITCH!!! The Scummiest person in the game right now!!!

Your discredit shows you have ulterior motives AND you HAVEN'T actually addressed a single point I have made. Instead, you have sidestepped the issue completely.

You made zero mention on how caught up you are, you made zero mention of keeping the game going based on getting better reads on inactive slots, zero argument for how there are diminishing returns on the gamestate when content isn't in a state of diminishing returns.

You also have VERY LITTLE to show for your read on Cat considering you are ready to consolidate wagons for lynch. I've demonstrated Glitch's case on Cat is right shit. You are just pushing the "second to best counter wagon". Cat's content is GOOD. I wouldn't lynch that slot today and I don't think if you are Town that you would be pushing that slot either. They truthfully have better content then you do in this game.

You have altogether completely stopped Scum hunting OR you were never Scum hunting in the first place. You SAY you don't want to end the Day early, but when I press you on this, you try and turn it around on me and say I shouldn't care about ending the Day early. And this reasoning is based on some pretty shitty assumptions about how I play this game based on where I have played??? Get your head examined because this is borderline retarded. I've been here since 2015 and I magically care about the game producing information overload based on me playing on MU and other sites with 48 hour phases where there are a lot more Posts/Hour? Go back and read that last sentence again with the knowledge that those sites rarely if ever actually end day early regardless of how much content is actually produced in them D1. I know it and Blair knows it due to her familiarity with MU: Those sites with 48 hour Day phases almost always feel like there isn't enough content to make an informed lynch on D1. And I can't stress this enough... BLAIR KNOWS that games with 48 hour phases need all the help they can get on D1 to produce content. So IF Blair is assuming that I come from those sites, then Blair knows that I would literally NEVER be in favor of ending D1 early. AND Blair has had every opportunity to tell me and the rest of the game that consolidating wagons doesn't mean we are actually ending the day. But Blair remains quiet on that because she knows that when you consolidate wagons too early it's almost always on Town.

SO NO, THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY AN ANSWER TO WHAT I WAS INQUIRING ABOUT.

Blairs push on Cat is beyond horrible - especially when Cat has demonstrated a high level of competence for their reads and the development there in.

Also, BLAIR SAID NOTHING OF GLITCH WHO IS OBJECTIVELY THE SCUMMIEST PERSON IN THE GAME! Why? Their reasons for voting Cat are as smelly as Gehenna and when pressed on this, they double down and don't reevaluate, their initial vote on me felt like newb Town, but it was literally so bad that they had to say, "oops, did I do that?" None of the reasons that Glitch has given for their SRs and votes have even been with a competent understanding of the game we call Mafia which is literally the only reason people are NOT voting there. Because people think it's TSTBS. Guess what? Some people really ARE that bad at this game that they would give reasons that are not even valid to vote someone and when proven wrong they literally just stop posting. You can't make this up! People are literally thinking to themselves, "There is no way they are that bad as Scum that they would give those reasons and stick with them." But they are actually that bad. Anyone with a Mafia IQ of 85 could be able to tell you that Glitch is never getting NKed.

Which brings me to the real meat of this story.. Why exactly IS Blair content with the gamestate and doesn't mind consolidating wagons while they are not caught up? It's because Scum are currently in control of the game. Upon reflection, Truth is probably Scum with Blair. Blair hasn't weighed in at all on Truth's claim and that means that Blair feels perfectly fine with the claim. Why would Blair, a 10 year vet, be perfectly okay with a miller mason claim? Wouldn't you expect Blair to at the very least do a bit of poking around with that claim to get some sort of way to measure how the claim stacks up on it's own? Oh, wait, Blair isn't caught up in this game at all. So why exactly do they feel perfectly comfortable with trying to get a wagon on Cat, who has demonstrated a level of competence of this game that Glitch couldn't dream of? This whole, "This is fine" montra that Blair has found themselves in shows a distinct apathy that is just prevalent enough to push to end the Day while not really feeling like they actually need to push SRs. This sort of, "let's get ready to end the day.. I know Cat has good content, but I honestly just want to consolidate wagons so we don't have to worry about no-lynching." Meanwhile, Norway keeps getting Scummier and Scummier with every post. He got a lot of rope for his tunnel on GL, but now that GL has demonstrated pretty clear Town mindset I am wondering if Norway was simply putting up a strong front so he would get TR on D1 so he can push his weight around later in the game with the understanding that people are not going to change their first blush impressions of them as being too bold to be Scum. At first, Norway was sheeping me in a pretty obvious way. Now that I have him as solid Town he starts to seriously deviate from my reads when he KNOWS I have some pretty potent early game TRs. It also makes sense that he would try and make a splash and get an early TR from me so he doesn't have to worry about me calling for his lynch when there is a claim and a CC outside of himself and I still am calling for his lynch. This happened exactly as I have stated it in our last completed game together. Another option is that osuka is Scum and Blair is trying to distract from a wagon on osuka without actually overtly saying they think osuka is Scum. That would mean Blair is chainsawing Cat at this point which seems to be the most rational motive for Blair at this point.

TL;DR: It makes sense that Blair is totally fine with consolidating the wagons and ending the Day at this point because as Scum she would know her Scum buddies are in no real danger and Blair wants to keep it that way. That leads me to thinking Cat is most certainly Town based on Blair chainsawing Cat to try and get a shot at lynching a good Town player D1 instead of Scummy Scum fuck osuka who admits I have a pretty rock solid case against him at this point and his content has dropped severely since I gave my psychoanalytic read on him. I also have outside reasons for suspecting Norway as he initially was sheeping me hard but then ended up having pretty much the exact opposite reads that I have. Glitch remains someone I would lynch if for nothing else then to see who if anyone else would vote there given there are very reasonable motives to get that slot out of the game as Town.

P-Edit: Blair was saying to consolidate wagons to Cat, osuka, and ND. Suddenly Blair has a change of heart for literally zero reason stated whatsoever. This is Scum and I hope people can see that.

VOTE: Blair
Do mafia usually write so many words?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Quick isn’t mafia. But insane rants have come from scum as well sometimes.

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1310, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1277, Blair wrote:You could also be town, but that leaves the question of why a townie would park his vote on one player then immediately switch gears and zero in on someone else.
like to answer this as succinctly as possible - because I still felt I was gaining new information/content from my back and forth with NDMath, whereas with osuka I didn't feel a need to be talking with him or selling a lynch there to other townies.

anyway I'm off work so I'm gonna go back and remember which posts I wanted to jam with before my afternoon pop in
lol this is disgusting

Can you explain how that first paragraph doesn’t make you scum? I’ll give you a chance to convince me

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Osuka why are you not voting?

- Bunno
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1326, Nauci wrote:As of like 15 pages ago I felt very confident that GL is town and somewhat confident that Osuka is scum

My osuka townread is holistic, so no it isn't based on anything recent.

My GuiltyLion scumread is based on my observation (note: GuiltyLion thinks this is hogwash) that after he voted for osuka he immediately followed with a stream of posts shading NDMath as scum with hardly any focus on osuka at all. I theorize that he eventually realized this, and posted a pretty awkward about-face where he declared NDMath was probably town based on... something pretty dubious, and then doubled down on osuka. I don't buy his progression on NDMath and feel like he voted for osuka while advocating for NDMath until he became self conscious about it - I haven't settled on a final theory for exactly why he would do that, though there are several, but the point being it seemed disingenuous.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1327, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Nah i think i've gotten to that point too. The blowback on this wagon also makes me wonder if we hit the nail on the head and scum is trying to stop it from happening.
Is anyone other than me "trying to stop it from happening?" Because I had the opposite impression: That it was moving forward with far too little resistance to be on scum.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:03 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1319, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1198, Blair wrote:Osuka is getting sucked into the same slap fights I would have probably been sucked into myself if I had subbed in earlier. The optics for these are pretty terrible all around, and I would expect scum to be self conscious enough to know that and take the high ground for town points instead.
also on this, I feel osuka has been picking slap fights with easy targets (Truth) and gets far more quiet/meek whenever a more aggro/experienced player like Nauci or myself calls him out.
I did call nauci out quite a few times and just didn’t feel very strongly like I had to call you out

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:06 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1337, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Osuka why are you not voting?
VOTE: csf

happy?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:21 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1290, Blair wrote:
In post 1289, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1288, Blair wrote:Nothing happened to consolidating wagons. I decided GuiltyLion deserved go be a contender in that race.
GL is Town. Why expand the lynch pool? Why do you think osuka should be in the lynch pool when you think he is Town?
I don't want osuka in the lynch pool genius. I told Nauci he was because he was the top wagon at the time so obviously he is in the lynch pool right now. I never said I *wanted* him there. You're smarter than this. I hope.
Why is osuka Town?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 am

Why is osuka siding so hard with Blair here and then voting for CSF when CSF isn't Scummy?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:29 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1343, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why is osuka siding so hard with Blair here and then voting for CSF when CSF isn't Scummy?
CSF is scummy though

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1342, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1288, Blair wrote:Nothing happened to consolidating wagons. I decided GuiltyLion deserved go be a contender in that race.
GL is Town. Why expand the lynch pool? Why do you think osuka should be in the lynch pool when you think he is Town?
I don't want osuka in the lynch pool genius. I told Nauci he was because he was the top wagon at the time so obviously he is in the lynch pool right now. I never said I *wanted* him there. You're smarter than this. I hope.
Why is osuka Town?
Why am I not?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 am

In post 1325, Nauci wrote:
In post 1243, Blair wrote:I think you will find it difficult to demonstrate from my ISO that I am advocating for shortening the day.

I am advocating for narrowing our lynch pool and rolling our sleeves up to get serious about who we are going to lynch today, because these things take time and it's usually good practice for town to have a pretty good idea of who the lynch will be between by this point in the day.

Blair I thought you would know by now that we don't engage with Quick, we just sort him by his crackpot theories and pat him on the head
What about my play C? I think I made a viable case against Blair who refuses to engage me with that. Part of that is because Norway brushed it off.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 am

In post 1345, osuka wrote:
In post 1342, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Why is osuka Town?
Why am I not?
You are Scummy even according to yourself.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 am

In post 1344, osuka wrote:
In post 1343, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why is osuka siding so hard with Blair here and then voting for CSF when CSF isn't Scummy?
CSF is scummy though
Why? Do you have a case?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:32 am

In post 1335, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Quick isn’t mafia. But insane rants have come from scum as well sometimes.
This is like the 4th time you have said I am Town but not for the reasons for my posts. At what point do you actually say why I am Townie?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”