Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1367, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1362, Blair wrote:Stop lying about me saying I wanted to consolidate wagons to include osuka. I have been townreading osuka all along and never once said I wanted osuka in the lynchpool. I have said the opposite repeatedly. You are being deliberately obtuse because you think this will somehow get your case off life-support.
In post 1245, Blair wrote:Please be advised we are wagoning CSF, NDMath, and Osuka.
In post 1143, Blair wrote:If osuka is scum we should lynch him tomorrow, I enjoy his posts.
You were saying?
Literally the only one of those quotes that could be misconstrued as me asking for osuka to be in the lynchpool is the second one - AND IT ONLY LOOKS THAT WAY BECAUSE YOU RIPPED OUT THE SURROUNDING SENTENCES:
In post 1245, Blair wrote:Please be advised we are wagoning CSF, NDMath, and Osuka.

The Osuka wagon kind of feels like it came out of nowhere to become a front runner to me.
That's me, right there in the post you just misrepresented, expressing confusion at why osuka is in the running at all.

Get your head out of the sand, Quick, your deep-tunneling.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1375, Blair wrote:kind of feels
You're basically saying that you hard defended osuka by saying "kind of"???
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1365, osuka wrote:Those of you who are scum, good job getting my wagon to this point

Those of you who are town, please get in your head that you evidently can’t read me
Why should we townread you
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1376, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1375, Blair wrote:kind of feels
You're basically saying that you hard defended osuka by saying "kind of"???
The "So you're saying" tell for cognitive dissonance. :roll:

No, I'm saying I have been calling osuka town all day, lightly referenced it in that post you ripped out of context, and continued saying it afterward - and you're deliberately attempting (poorly) to mislead the thread into believing I flip-flopped on osuka when I've been calling him town every single time I'm asked (and several times when I wasn't) consistently since I subbed in.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Blair I'm less interested in the discussion around what your osuka read is and when it was expressed, I see your point that Quick is misrepping/misunderstanding you and you're right that you've consistently been against an osuka lynch.

What I want to know in greater detail is
why
. What specifically from osuka is pointing you to the conclusion that he's not scum here? From what I gather from your posts, it seems to be largely a gamestate thing - you don't like the people voting him and you're skeptical that the leading wagon is on scum right now. I see the value in putting some stock into game state based reasoning, but I really don't think anything in osuka's ISO indicates town and I want to know if you have good reasons based on his own play for thinking he's a bad lynch.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1338, Blair wrote:posted a pretty awkward about-face where he declared NDMath was probably town based on... something pretty dubious, and then doubled down on osuka. I don't buy his progression on NDMath
I'd also like to talk more about this. I don't feel I have a good sense of your own read on NDMath, especially not from your response when I asked you about my motives or from how you talk about NDMath in this post here. I've said before, I mostly townread him for , that is a post I find very difficult to imagine coming from scum.

You call that dubious - why? What's the explanation for scum!NDMath bringing up a recently completed scum game and saying it looks similar to his play here? I can't convince myself that scum!him wouldn't at all be self-conscious about that, I can't believe he honestly thought it would look good on him if he's scum in both games. This is the reason for my dramatic swing, it's a post that I just don't see coming from scum.

would you be comfortable with an NDMath lynch today? If not, why are you attributing scum motivation to me ultimately deciding the same? I get that it's because I was "shading" a slot that I wasn't voting (I still think the key distinction is that I was pressuring, not shading), but if we can at least agree on an NDMath townread that might help me see your PoV a little better.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Truth »

Should we hammer osuka now? I would like to get to the next day.

Reminder for doctors to protect me please!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1379, GuiltyLion wrote:Blair I'm less interested in the discussion around what your osuka read is and when it was expressed, I see your point that Quick is misrepping/misunderstanding you and you're right that you've consistently been against an osuka lynch.

What I want to know in greater detail is
why
. What specifically from osuka is pointing you to the conclusion that he's not scum here? From what I gather from your posts, it seems to be largely a gamestate thing - you don't like the people voting him and you're skeptical that the leading wagon is on scum right now. I see the value in putting some stock into game state based reasoning, but I really don't think anything in osuka's ISO indicates town and I want to know if you have good reasons based on his own play for thinking he's a bad lynch.
Partly gamestate, as you've said. (The wagon spooled up too easily, in my opinion)

Partly his behavior. As I said earlier, he keeps allowing himself to get baited into pointless slapfights with poor optics. Scum know the optics are bad, and are more likely to take the "high road" and try to give the benefit of the doubt - townies don't care about the optics (because they know they're town and that anyone scumreading them for this is just wrong) and are more tempted to dive headlong into calling stupid posts... well... stupid.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 1.14
Simon Blackburn (1944-) is an English philosopher known for his work in metaethics, where he defends quasi-realism. Quasi-realism is a form of non-cognitivism, which claims that moral statements aren't propositions and hence have no truth value.

LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

osuka
(6): GuiltyLion, Cat Scratch Fever, NorwegianboyEE, Truth, Nauci, LicketyQuickety
Cat Scratch Fever
(3): popopopopopopo, Glitch, osuka
GuiltyLion
(2): Looker, Blair
NDMath
(1): mavsfan41
Glitch
(1): NDMath

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-01 18:16:10).

Mod notes:
  • :D
[/area]
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1381, Truth wrote:Should we hammer osuka now? I would like to get to the next day.

Reminder for doctors to protect me please!

*shotguns entire liquor cabinet*
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1382, Blair wrote:Partly his behavior. As I said earlier, he keeps allowing himself to get baited into pointless slapfights with poor optics.
Sure, here's another way to look at it. He's done basically nothing except argue about pointless shit to look like he's doing something. Sounds like scum play to me.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The towncase on Osuka seems to boil down to: "He's too scummy to be scum". And i'd rather just PoE those slots early than let their shenanigans continue.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The only noteworthy read of Osuka right now is CSF!Scum. And he's basically done nothing to convince us of it other than say "he be playing scummy". And saying scum is on his wagon. (no indication of who though)

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

More points towards Osuka!scum: His main scumread right now is the main counterwagon on him, which seems opportunistic considering his lack of substance in outlining his scumreads. And his vibe right now feels very much like caught scum that's just giving up.

- Bunno
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1380, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1338, Blair wrote:posted a pretty awkward about-face where he declared NDMath was probably town based on... something pretty dubious, and then doubled down on osuka. I don't buy his progression on NDMath
I'd also like to talk more about this. I don't feel I have a good sense of your own read on NDMath, especially not from your response when I asked you about my motives or from how you talk about NDMath in this post here. I've said before, I mostly townread him for , that is a post I find very difficult to imagine coming from scum.

You call that dubious - why? What's the explanation for scum!NDMath bringing up a recently completed scum game and saying it looks similar to his play here? I can't convince myself that scum!him wouldn't at all be self-conscious about that, I can't believe he honestly thought it would look good on him if he's scum in both games. This is the reason for my dramatic swing, it's a post that I just don't see coming from scum.

would you be comfortable with an NDMath lynch today? If not, why are you attributing scum motivation to me ultimately deciding the same? I get that it's because I was "shading" a slot that I wasn't voting (I still think the key distinction is that I was pressuring, not shading), but if we can at least agree on an NDMath townread that might help me see your PoV a little better.
I called it dubious because you're saying you can't imagine scum making that post - is it really that hard, though?

If NDMath is self-conscious scum and he's just completed a scum game where he played similarly (bear in mind player-meta has been brought up in this game repeatedly), he may be trying to pre-empt what he felt was an incoming meta-case.

Do I believe that is definitely what happened? No. NDMath is a hard null for me, largely because of that very post - because I can easily see it coming from town or scum. I called your usage of that post to justify a read-flip on him "dubious" because, to me, it was. Because nothing about that post seems alignment-exclusive to me, but it seemed alignment-exclusive enough to you for you to completely flip your read on him.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1388, NorwegianboyEE wrote:More points towards Osuka!scum: His main scumread right now is the main counterwagon on him, which seems opportunistic considering his lack of substance in outlining his scumreads. And his vibe right now feels very much like caught scum that's just giving up.
Could be.

Could also be town who's given up. That would fit pretty well with the whole "I'm surrounded by idiots" mood. (Which could also be an act, of course)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:41 am

In post 1390, Blair wrote:That would fit pretty well with the whole "I'm surrounded by idiots" mood. (Which could also be an act, of course)
That's not how I am reading it. I am reading it as he gave up after I made a good point about how he is Scum.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Blair »

Which post of yours, specifically, do you believe would have caused scum!osuka to give up?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:47 am

In post 1392, Blair wrote:Which post of yours, specifically, do you believe would have caused scum!osuka to give up?
In post 278, osuka wrote:
In post 273, LicketyQuickety wrote:No. I'm saying his stance on me doesn't seem like he actually SRs me. He MIGHT be doing this for personal reasons. I won't rule that out. But I just don't think he thinks I am Scum here. I think he might have gotten upset that I said he wasn't doing anything and took it out on me if he's Town here, but ultimately, he just doesn't actually BELIEVE that I am Scum. That's what I have a problem with.
please let me know whenever youre done reading my fucking mind
In post 273, LicketyQuickety wrote:Personally, I don't think he is deranged enough to self harm himself because I generally see him more as a sadist than a masochist, which leans me in the direction that he is Scum.
this is the first accurate statement youve made about me in this thread so far

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Blair »

... He gave up because you called him a sadist? :|
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:57 am

In post 1394, Blair wrote:... He gave up because you called him a sadist? :|
What doesn't make sense for you? His reaction is pretty demotivating from his perspective given his content after that. I don't see a clearer thing that shows the drop in him not caring.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1395, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1394, Blair wrote:... He gave up because you called him a sadist? :|
What doesn't make sense for you? His reaction is pretty demotivating from his perspective given his content after that. I don't see a clearer thing that shows the drop in him not caring.
:lol:
Or how about the fact that a lot of players are calling him scum? Pretty much the only one openly defending him right now has been Blair.

- Bunno
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Blair »

You seem to think your observation that he is more sadist than masochist so shook him to his very core that he couldn't bear to fully participate in this game thread any longer.

I mean come on. Nothing about this game is that deep.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:05 am

In post 1174, osuka wrote:
In post 1164, Truth wrote:
In post 1078, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1000, osuka wrote:how the fuck is mafia supposed to know you're mason? mafia has no setup knowledge other than their own roles

you seem to gravely misunderstand some very core concepts of this game
If he is in fact a mason, it's pretty natural to assume that mafia would know he's town and therefore likely not lying about being a
mason
of all things

I still like the Osuka vote, none of his latest bursts of post felt all that town and this one was really bad shade-for-sake-of-shade
Do you think osuka could be making sure I'm actually a mason and not lying in that post? Like he's mafia and wants to kill me if I'm a mason but wants to keep questioning me just to make sure. I think this another reason to think he is mafia.
This is such a dense post that it hurts

I think hypotheticals are a little too much for you to handle right now, so for the first part of the post assume I’m town and for the second, assume I’m scum.

Let’s start with town. How am I lying in that post? What am I trying to accomplish? Why am I doing any of what I’m doing in that post?

Now, assume I’m scum. How am I not lying in that post? If I wanted to kill you, why wouldn’t I just do it since you keep claiming mason anyway? If I
did
want to make sure you’re mason, how is that post supposed to accomplish that? Why would I “keep questioning to make sure” when I know for a fact that that line of questioning has diminishing returns (i.e., we’re all as sure as we’re gonna be about your claim, however sure that is, until someone else claims mason or we get a revealing flip, neither of which is going to happen d1) and I’d only be exposing myself for no reason?

You seem to have a very shallow understanding or how scum plays the game
This is the first effort post osuka puts in after the point I called him out based on my psychoanalysis read and this is actually a pretty good point. He's also said other things that I think lean in the direction I think he's Town since doing a bit of an ISO so I'm going back to Blair, but I could go to Truth as an alternative since I am really starting to doubt the validity of a miller mason, which Blair doesn't actually make any comments on.

VOTE: Blair

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Blair »

*flails*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”